Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Maybe that Dutch loud mouth was right.

Ray the fitness egg?:D

I really think origi needs to sit the next one out so perhaps a sturridge lallanna coutinho front 3 and grujic in for lucas? Bit of a wild card i know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Maybe that Dutch loud mouth was right.

Much of what he says is correct in regards to conditioning etc.

He just acts like an arrogant prick about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Diafra Sakho, Cheikhou Kouyate, Mark Noble & Andy Carroll all deffo out, plus about another 4 or 5 so it'll be the Hammers B team + Lanzini by the looks of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Diafra Sakho, Cheikhou Kouyate, Mark Noble & Andy Carroll all deffo out, plus about another 4 or 5 so it'll be the Hammers B team + Lanzini by the looks of it

Noble and Kouyate are the only new additions to that list, I think?

West Ham have been hammered (heh) with injuries for weeks now. The side that beat Spurs was very much cobbled together. Now I don't know who will start at CM instead of those two, but the defence, full backs and attack are still intact.
    West Ham: Adrian, Fonte, Reid, Collins, Byram, Kouyate, Noble, Cresswell, Lanzini, Ayew, Calleri

Subs: Snodgrass, Fletcher, Fernandes

Their B team is decent compared to their full strength outfit it seems.

• Advertisement

Amazing how literally people take posts on here!

Amazing how literally people take posts on here!

Unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Do we need to start Lucas this weekend? Away game against a bogey team. Plus, last game aside, he's been pretty good recently.

If so, we go Lucas, Can & Wijnaldum in midfield. Firmino central, with Lallana and Coutinho playing off him.

I hate seeing Firmino playing out wide, so even if Lucas is left out and Lallana is moved back to midfield, I hope that Origi or Sturridge is then played out wide. Although that is highly doubtful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The way some posters are in here at the moment we might as well give West Ham a walk over and tell the lads to go on the summer holidays now.

klose wrote: »

I really think origi needs to sit the next one out so perhaps a sturridge lallanna coutinho front 3 and grujic in for lucas? Bit of a wild card i know.

Knex. wrote: »
    Do we need to start Lucas this weekend? Away game against a bogey team. Plus, last game aside, he's been pretty good recently.

If so, we go Lucas, Can & Wijnaldum in midfield. Firmino central, with Lallana and Coutinho playing off him.

I hate seeing Firmino playing out wide, so even if Lucas is left out and Lallana is moved back to midfield, I hope that Origi or Sturridge is then played out wide. Although that is highly doubtful.

Forget full backs as they offer so little in attack and Liverpool really need to concentrate on winning this not drawing. If they get 2-0 up then bring on Milner and Clyne for Klavan and Grujic to sit deep.

----Matip--Lovren--Klavan
    Can
    Grujic--Wijn
    Lallana--
    Origi----Sturridge---Coutinho

• Advertisement

The way some posters are in here at the moment we might as well give West Ham a walk over and tell the lads to go on the summer holidays now.

The way posters are in here has no impact on the game Sunday ;)

Forget full backs...............
    ----Matip--Lovren--Klavan
    Can

Can't see Klopp dropping Milner and Clyne, do you reckon he might?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/862949062617829376

They play Fabregas or Pedro or Willian, Jurgen. And if they knew one of them was playing in the AFCON they'd have another one.

Klopp likes moaning about fixtures and injuries. Jose does it too but gets slaughtered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well heres hoping this muscle injury is the reason Firmino has been playing dog **** lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Augeo wrote: »
    Klopp likes moaning about fixtures and injuries. Jose does it too but gets slaughtered.

They all moan tbf. Mourinho probably gets more stick cos he spends a fortune.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Vicxas wrote: »
    Well heres hoping this muscle injury is the reason Firmino has been playing dog **** lately

If you want to challenge for anything in the future, I wouldn't be relying on firminho, greatest trick he ever played was making people believe he was a striker.

JamboMac wrote: »
    If you want to challenge for anything in the future, I wouldn't be relying on firminho, greatest trick he ever played was making people believe he was a striker.

He scored at a great rate for a couple of months to be fair. Seems to have been a purple patch though.

1 in 3 over his career is likely to remain his quota. Tracking back etc though invaluable in a Klopp "striker" ........... but we still concede loads

He scored at a great rate for a couple of months to be fair. Seems to have been a purple patch though.

1 in 3 over his career is likely to remain his quota. Tracking back etc though invaluable in a Klopp "striker" ........... but we still concede loads

Think at best he's attacking mid, plus get rid of man bun, can't believe Liverpool fans let him away with that.

I'd rather rely on Firmino than Coutinho TBH. Bobby is the more consistent player, if he isn't being played out wide anyway. Incredible workrate; the problem is when you play him in every game, towards the end of the season he'll likely have a niggling muscle injury...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I like when unbiased United fans provide sound analysis of Liverpool players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I don't think anyone thinks he is a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I like when unbiased United fans provide sound analysis of Liverpool players.

Just salty he did not sign for them when they thought he was going to :pac::p

Also it's strange to criticise his abilities as a striker when he's spent the past 6 weeks or so on the right wing. It's actually another one of the big reasons I'd like to see Sturridge start again, put Firmino central and let Sturridge play on the right.

Alas it's one of Klopp's blind spots, as such I suspect Fun Bobby will end up wide again.

And on that subject - what aspects of Klopp's tactics and strategies do you most dislike.

In no particular order I get annoyed with

- late subs (at least Rafa gave his 35 minutes to make a difference!)
    - playing two central midfielders at home against teams who have no intention of playing an open game
    - playing Firmino wide to accommodate a striker.
    - not buying players in January for spurious reasons.

Alas it's one of Klopp's blind spots, as such I suspect Fun Bobby will end up wide again.

Firmino right
    Lucas and Can in a midfield two
    Origi on his own up front

Again and again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I think Bobby could a have a future as a false 9, he was doing very well there until injuries forced him out wide, He offers more than Origi anyway tbh.

Would like to see an attacking team this weekend, Something like same back 4, Can holding, Lallana, Wiji, infront of him, then Coutinho no 10 with Sturridge and Firminho the 2 up top. We need to get at them early as the longer it goes on without the breakthrough the harder it will be.

Just salty he did not sign for them when they thought he was going to :pac::p

Never heard that and would never be excited of prospect, the only Liverpool player I'd take is coutinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Think at best he's attacking mid, plus get rid of man bun, can't believe Liverpool fans let him away with that.

Man bun disappeared a few months back. Please keep up.

Firmino has 11 goals and 9 assists in the league this year...so directly involved in 20 goals. That's one less that Mata, Pogba and Mkhitaryan put together.

Some trick to be pulling alright!! :D:D

Edit: Actually I lie...he's got ten assists...so he's equal to those three...on his own. Some man for one man.

• Advertisement

Nerdlingr wrote: »

Firmino has 11 goals and 9 assists in the league this year...so directly involved in 20 goals. That's one less that Mata, Pogba and Mkhitaryan put together.

How many games has any of them played striker? Ok if you lads think he's a great striker fine.

Just because United rely on one lad to score over 30% of their goals doesn't mean all teams have to.

How many games has any of them played striker? Ok if you lads think he's a great striker fine.

Dunno if you've spotted this but Liverpool have scored about 20 more goals than Man Utd and when everyone is fit the team does not play with a striker at all. Turns out one winger and three No 10's works very well most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Firmino is a very good player. Not and out and out striker though so I don't think he should be expected to have a 1 in 2 scoring record like the top number 9's. I do think he has worn down as the season has gone on though. Probably a result of our small squad. He'd probably have a few more goals and assists only for the fact that he has been moved wide quite a bit when there's been injuries.

Havent a clue. We do so thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You just proven that you have not seen him play this year as the man bun has been gone for months.

Maybe you should look at your own side more too.

Ibra.jpg

• Advertisement

Havent a clue. We do so thanks.

Why didn You compare an actual striker I.e. Zlatan, can't see the wood from the trees and you lads accuse us of standing by mourinho. Honestly :pac::pac:

Why didn You compare an actual striker I.e. Zlatan, can't see the wood from the trees and you lads accuse us of standing by mourinho. Honestly :pac::pac:

What the **** are you on about laddie?

As much as we are reliant on the likes of Mane and Lallana right now I'm still thankful we have a decent spread of goals throughout the team, with 3/4 lads on 10+ goals this season.

Even Ibrahimovic has only scored 6 more goals than Firmino :P

And you say Firmino is an attacking mid, so we compare him to attacking mids, then you say we should compare him to a striker?

Go back to bed there jambo. Get a good night's rest. :D:D

• Advertisement

As much as we are reliant on the likes of Mane and Lallana right now I'm still thankful we have a decent spread of goals throughout the team, with 3/4 lads on 10+ goals this season.

Looking at the Top 30 goalscoring list Liverpool have five players (positions 12,16,17 and two at joint 30th) Utd have one.

Mata is their second best with six goals at joint 38th place (same as Origi)

Even Ibrahimovic has only scored 6 more goals than Firmino :P

And you say Firmino is an attacking mid, so we compare him to attacking mids, then you say we should compare him to a striker?

11 goals in 36
    17 in 28

Yeah as an attacking mid he's fine but the other bloke was trying to make him out to be a striker. You lads need to unravel your knickers.

So no he's not an actual like I said and like stats prove.
    As for Zlatan man bun it's zlatan ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

From lots of tiny little digs I really get the impression you'd be delighted if Klopp left a failure.

I know you'll never admit it, so it's pointless me even saying this really, but I thought I'd do it anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Never heard that and would never be excited of prospect, the only Liverpool player I'd take is coutinho.

Yes of course none of the players that have put Liverpoool ahead of Utd in the league for the whole season would improve the Utd team.

Sure even Suarez wouldn't get into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If you sign a 35 goal a season striker you're a one man team
    If you don't sign a 35 goal a season striker you need to sign a 35 goal a season striker .

Why is me never hearing or even being remotely excited of the prospect of firminho actually a worry?

11 goals in 36
    17 in 28

Yeah as an attacking mid he's fine but the other bloke was trying to make him out to be a striker. You lads need to unravel your knickers.

So no he's not an actual like I said and like stats prove.
    As for Zlatan man bun it's zlatan ;)

We can all agree here, yes? Grand. Settled.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes of course none of the players that have put Liverpoool ahead of Utd in the league for the whole season would improve the Utd team.

Sure even Suarez wouldn't get into it.

Sorry what are you debating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If you sign a 35 goal a season striker you're a one man team
    If you don't sign a 35 goal a season striker you need to sign a 35 goal a season striker .

This is so god damn true.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement