Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

JamboMac wrote: »
    11 goals in 36
    17 in 28

Yeah as an attacking mid he's fine but the other bloke was trying to make him out to be a striker. You lads need to unravel your knickers.

So no he's not an actual like I said and like stats prove.
    As for Zlatan man bun it's zlatan ;)

ha ha. When I compared him to uniteds attacking three midfielders of mata, pogba and mkhitaryan, you said why dont I compare him to a striker !! :D:D

mumbojambo. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    ha ha. When I compared him to uniteds attacking three midfielders of mata, pogba and mkhitaryan, you said why dont I compare him to a striker !! :D:D

mumbojambo. Good luck!

No you were trying to claim he's a striker, that was the debate all along, go back to bed and wake up and apologise.

The debate was is he a striker, simple premise even you could have got it.

No you were trying to claim he's a striker, that was the debate all along, go back to bed and wake up and apologise.

The dabate was is he a striker, simple premise even you could have got it.

ha ha ha

I never claimed he was as striker at all. I just provided you with the stats and let you dwell on them. Anyway, thread is getting derailed ...

We could be in the CL Sunday evening all going well!!
    West Ham have tightened up a lot lately though...is it five clean sheets in their last six? I expect danny to start and do the biz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The dabate was is he a striker, simple premise even you could have got it.

What's the point in him going to bed (and at this time of the day too) only to wake up immediately and apologise for your mistakes?

I mean, yeah, he'll get another breakfast out of it which is a pretty fantastic thing in this thread, but otherwise you're just trying to save face by calling him out on a question you keep changing the answer to? Poor effort.

martyos121 wrote: »
    What's the point in him going to bed (and at this time of the day too) only to wake up immediately and apologise for your mistakes?

I mean, yeah, he'll get another breakfast out of it which is a pretty fantastic thing in this thread, but otherwise you're just trying to save face by calling him out on a question you keep changing the answer to? Poor effort.

I'm not saving face on anything, I was clear on the whole debate. Sadly some people to shout to prove themselves right and it's not even in context. But well done on trying to stick up for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ah lads........

What about that West Ham game eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

We could be in the CL Sunday evening all going well!!
    West Ham have tightened up a lot lately though...is it five clean sheets in their last six? I expect danny to start and do the biz.

Stoke have something like 4 goals in their last 7 games. I don't expect them to trouble Arsenal. Although it is like a derby for them as someone mentioned in here, what with one of their players breaking Aaron Ramsey's leg that time several years ago. :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What about that West Ham game eh?

Bobby is playing in goal.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why is me never hearing or even being remotely excited of the prospect of firminho actually a worry?

Can you at least learn to spell his name correctly please?

5starpool wrote: »

JambhoMac......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

NukaCola wrote: »
    JambhoMac......

JumboMhuc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Sorry what are you debating?
    Me, I never argue with a masterdebater, just my thing, yo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Where did the "fun bobby" come from. All I can find is some character out of the TV show friends.

Sounds very....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Where did the "fun bobby" come from. All I can find is some character out of the TV show friends.

Sounds very....

He was a character in Friends who was only fun when he was an alcoholic, came about with Bobby's drink driving stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He was a character in Friends who was only fun when he was an alcoholic, came about with Bobby's drink driving stuff.

Oh right. I would never of twigged the drink driving link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

giphy.gif

From lots of tiny little digs I really get the impression you'd be delighted if Klopp left a failure.

I know you'll never admit it, so it's pointless me even saying this really, but I thought I'd do it anyhow.

Of course I won't admit it as it's not the case, as I'd hate for him to fail as than LFC fail.

He's a happy, charismatic chap and I've nothing at all against him :) I don't think he's as good as people make him out to be though.

The current alleged little dig is me mentioning he likes moaning about fixtures and injuries and when Jose does it he gets slaughtered, I'm not even sure how you reckon that's a dig tbh but to each their own old boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Augeo wrote: »
    Of course I won't admit it as it's not the case, as I'd hate for him to fail as than LFC fail.

He's a happy, charismatic chap and I've nothing at all against him :) I don't think he's as good as people make him out to be though.

The current alleged little dig is me mentioning he likes moaning about fixtures and injuries and when Jose does it he gets slaughtered, I'm not even sure how you reckon that's a dig tbh but to each their own old boy.

Like Jose/Pep he has a season ahead of him to prove if he is actually as good as "people" think he is. Big season for all 3 ... and they can't all succeed. Will be fun.

Like Jose/Pep he has a season ahead of him to prove if he is actually as good as "people" think he is. Big season for all 3 ... and they can't all succeed. Will be fun.

Well with Klopp he's guaranteed to succeed in year X just as he did at BD and if he doesn't .......... well........... FSG not backing him bla bla.

That sort of mindless horsesh1t I cannot abide and it gets speeled out here every so often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Pep/Jose have it easier though as they have more money to spend and offer in wages so find it easier to get players to sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp is taking a Liverpool club that has basically been the 6th/7th best team in England for the best part of the last decade.

All the teams above us in those years grew stronger and richer and have winning squads.

If we get CL football at the end of the season it's one small step to being able to get back into contention of being in the top 4 clubs again.

It's no surprise Chelsea will win the league tonight and probably the double by the end of the season if the players didn't strike last season they would have probably won it then too.

We don't have the squad to compete against those teams yet and we can't afford to buy them all in one two or three transfer windows.

To get Liverpool back to competing regularly will take baby steps.

Knex. wrote: »
    JumboMhuc
    NukaCola wrote: »
    JambhoMac......

Good points their lads when you lose revert to being a child. Go on throw the bottle on the ground as well or learn what your on about. More shouting:rolleyes:

Good points their lads when you lose revert to being a child. Go on throw the bottle on the ground as well or learn what your on about. More shouting:rolleyes:

To be fair...........

JumboMhuc ............ possibly a typo
    JambhoMac...... defo a typo

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ibjambhoacvic. Striker for Utd.

It's too good to let go, so let me just remind you of what you posted after the Manchester Derby, a game that had nothing to do with Liverpool.
    How many liverpool fan's are in here regretting selling benteke much? Plus Klopp the flop, better in ads then management.

Talk about toys being thrown out of a pram.

It's too good to let go, so let me just remind you of what you posted after the Manchester Derby, a game that had nothing to do with Liverpool.

Talk about toys being thrown out of a pram.

I was surprised how many Liverpool fans were in a Manchester derby thread like you say, nothing to do with Liverpool but that thread managed to live for nearly a week after. I wouldn't say it would have lived that long had only United/City supporters in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Have the summer holidays started already a bit early isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

I was surprised how many Liverpool fans were in a Manchester derby thread like you say, nothing to do with Liverpool but that thread managed to live for nearly a week after. I wouldn't say it would have lived that long had only United/City supporters in it.

We have these conversations, then we all say we all do it, then next time you come into the pool threads, you post, "utd fan, i come in peace," and life goes on until the next one who thinks he's spotted something noone has ever posted before.

The same thread you brought up Liverpool in for a crap dig completely out of the blue, and unprovoked? :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103350525&postcount=418

You need to stop, seriously. You're one of the reasons it kept going because some people actually took the bait. That post and nearly all of your posts in here today have been of a low standard, so stop trying to take the moral high ground.

EDIT: Ah, only after seeing you got in there ahead of me Osmosis. ;)

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, I couldn't stop myself :p

Anyway if Firmino and Lucas actually are out on Sunday I worry it means Origi will still be starting, with Sturridge on the right and Lallana coming into midfield. 100% not happening but I'd love to see this:
    Mignolet
    Clyne-Matip-Lovren-Milner
    Can
    Lallana-Wijnaldum
    TAA-Sturridge-Coutinho

Ah, I was only messin, no offence meant....

The same thread you brought up Liverpool in for a crap dig completely out of the blue, and unprovoked? :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103350525&postcount=418

You need to stop, seriously. You're one of the reasons it kept going because some people actually took the bait. That post and nearly all of your posts in here today have been of a low standard, so stop trying to take the moral high ground.

EDIT: Ah, only after seeing you got in there ahead of me Osmosis. ;)

Maybe you might want to look at my first post and maybe see who started the nonsense, but fair enough clearly my fault.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I've had a bloody **** day but getting home and seeing this lad getting owned over and over again has cheered me right up. Good work.

I've had a bloody **** day but getting home and seeing this lad getting owned over and over again has cheered me right up. Good work.

You clearly not a perceptive reader. Ah well theirs always next year to qualify for the champions league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Both sides making clowns of themselves tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You clearly not a perceptive reader. Ah well theirs always next year to qualify for the champions league.

you're

there's

[something about perceptive reading here]

you're

there's

[something about perceptive reading here]

Definition of theirs
    : that which belongs to them —used without a following noun as a pronoun equivalent in meaning to the adjective their
    : his or hers : his, hers —used with an indefinite third person singular antecedent I will do my part if everybody else will do theirs

Yep very perceptive at being wrong.

You're are theirs, but in this instance you are mine.:)

I may have been wrong with there's, but got what you deserved spell checker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

From lots of tiny little digs I really get the impression you'd be delighted if Klopp left a failure.

I know you'll never admit it, so it's pointless me even saying this really, but I thought I'd do it anyhow.

Cheapest of cheap shots to level at a fellow Pool fan.
    Oh you're critical of our manager then you must want Klopp to fail and therefore Liverpool to fail.

Well done.

• Advertisement

Definition of theirs
    : that which belongs to them —used without a following noun as a pronoun equivalent in meaning to the adjective their
    : his or hers : his, hers —used with an indefinite third person singular antecedent I will do my part if everybody else will do theirs

Yep very perceptive at being wrong.

You're are theirs, but in this instance you are mine.:)

I may have been wrong with there's, but got what you deserved spell checker.

So let me get this straight; Harry correctly points out how and why you are grammatically wrong, and you thinking otherwise, post actual evidence that you are indeed wrong, thinking you were doing the opposite? This is actually hilarious now, please carry on. :D

So let me get this straight; Harry correctly points out how and why you are grammatically wrong, and you thinking otherwise, post actual evidence that you are indeed wrong, thinking you were doing the opposite? This is actually hilarious now, please carry on. :D

So let me get this straight you didn't read were I pointed out he was wrong, not surprised. Kind of constantly proving my point for me well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah stop it please. Anyway more interesting is that James Ham-en-ez Rodriquez is Utd bound, no doubt they'll be paying through the nose for a player they don't really need but it does at least mean he is off the Liverpool monitoring list :)

Ah stop it please. Anyway more interesting is that James Ham-en-ez Rodriquez is Utd bound, no doubt they'll be paying through the nose for a player they don't really need but it does at least mean he is off the Liverpool monitoring list :)

I'd take it with a pinch of salt until he's landed And it possibly means de gea is going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'd take it with a pinch of salt until he's landed And it possibly means de gea is going.

I know Mourinho has gone full mental but do you really think he'll play him in goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Despite what that nutter Roy Keane says about it being beneath big clubs, I'll gladly celebrate a top 4 finish if we can nab it. It's a huge 9 days ahead for us imo. And getting top 4 ahead of Arsenal is no small deal considering Klopp hasn't been here long.
    Not sure if Stoke away or West Ham away is much different. But Sunderland home and Everton home is 6 points guaranteed for Arsenal.

So really if Arsenal win tomorrow then we 100% must win our last two. (stating the obvious I know)

So I wonder if Klopp has been setting up for this one as a must win all week during training.
    Coz if Arsenal draw tomorrow then a draw would probably do us too and there has been a more cautious approach from us lately.
    So does Arsenals result tomorrow influence our approach Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Despite what that nutter Roy Keane says about it being beneath big clubs, I'll gladly celebrate a top 4 finish if we can nab it. It's a huge 9 days ahead for us imo. And getting top 4 ahead of Arsenal is no small deal considering Klopp hasn't been here long.
    Not sure if Stoke away or West Ham away is much different. But Sunderland home and Everton home is 6 points guaranteed for Arsenal.

So really if Arsenal win tomorrow then we 100% must win our last two. (stating the obvious I know)

So I wonder if Klopp has been setting up for this one as a must win all week during training.
    Coz if Arsenal draw tomorrow then a draw would probably do us too and there has been a more cautious approach from us lately.
    So does Arsenals result tomorrow influence our approach Sunday?

The pragmatist in me says I think it has to. If they draw, we just make bloody sure we don't lose. (think back to going all out against Chelsea in 2014 when a draw would have done).

Lallana or Lucas in midfield I think is the key decision. If Arsenal drop points, then Lucas sits right in front of (or between) the CB's, with Can as another shield just in front. Then likely Lallana, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, and either Firmino or Sturridge (depending on Firmino's fitness).

But if Arsenal win, then I think we have to go; Can, Lallana, Wijnaldum - Coutinho, Sturridge, Firmino/Origi (again pending Firmino fitness).

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Cheapest of cheap shots to level at a fellow Pool fan.
    Oh you're critical of our manager then you must want Klopp to fail and therefore Liverpool to fail.

Well done.

You're the least constructive poster in here, and given that you have only a few posts, that says a lot. Perhaps that's even a cheaper shot to make the previous one rank higher?

God almighty, its dawned on me I'm 40 years a Liverpool fan this month. Remember watching the 77 cup final in the Gran's house and taking enormous sympathy for the team that suffered the indignity of that poxy deflected Jimmy Greenhoff goal (still one of the flukiest ever IMO). Greatest moment? I know many think Istanbul & 2001 are great (and they are), but for me its the Double in 1986.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    The pragmatist in me says I think it has to. If they draw, we just make bloody sure we don't lose. (think back to going all out against Chelsea in 2014 when a draw would have done).

Lallana or Lucas in midfield I think is the key decision. If Arsenal drop points, then Lucas sits right in front of (or between) the CB's, with Can as another shield just in front. Then likely Lallana, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, and either Firmino or Sturridge (depending on Firmino's fitness).

But if Arsenal win, then I think we have to go; Can, Lallana, Wijnaldum - Coutinho, Sturridge, Firmino/Origi (again pending Firmino fitness).

Yep, that's pretty much what I would do too. On both accounts. Well aside from Origi, I'd leave him out either way.

But is that how Klopp really approaches it, coz if he does then it means he's basically splitting training all week into two different approaches to the same game.
    And then deciding on which one the night before the game.

That in itself seems odd but I dunno how it all works. Just curious really.
    Ideally you'd think you work with a certain plan all week before a game but in this situation, maybe not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You really are the gift that keeps on giving today aren't you :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement