Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    .......... If Arsenal drop points, then Lucas sits right in front of (or between) the CB's.............

Lucas is a fitness doubt I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

JamboMac wrote: »
    Definition of theirs
    : that which belongs to them —used without a following noun as a pronoun equivalent in meaning to the adjective their
    : his or hers : his, hers —used with an indefinite third person singular antecedent I will do my part if everybody else will do theirs

Yep very perceptive at being wrong.

You're are theirs, but in this instance you are mine.:)

I may have been wrong with there's, but got what you deserved spell checker.

Jesus Christ.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On Sunday, I hope we do start Sturridge. It might not work out, but it's worth a try. We're very predictable recently and need to do something different. Lallana will surely start anyhow, even if Firmino is fit to play.

Given West Ham's injury problems we should be able to win, but there have been a good few occasions that teams have had injury problems against us and it has somehow nearly made them play better, which is bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

5starpool wrote: »
    You're the least constructive poster in here, and given that you have only a few posts, that says a lot. Perhaps that's even a cheaper shot to make the previous one rank higher?

Must have touched a nerve eh starpool.

The hypocrisy of you calling me the least constructive poster here after what you just said about Augeo. Well done......again.

Same old same old in here, if you critique Klopp then you want him to fail.
    Can you not put on your big boy pants and see how ridiculous you look when you make assertions like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Things aint changed then :)

Yis should put all the ****e aside for the last 10 days of the season lads and plenty of time to have a go at each other over the next few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I miss the times when you were only allowed to post in this thread if you played at a certain level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Despite what that nutter Roy Keane says about it being beneath big clubs, I'll gladly celebrate a top 4 finish if we can nab it. It's a huge 9 days ahead for us imo. And getting top 4 ahead of Arsenal is no small deal considering Klopp hasn't been here long.
    Not sure if Stoke away or West Ham away is much different. But Sunderland home and Everton home is 6 points guaranteed for Arsenal.

So really if Arsenal win tomorrow then we 100% must win our last two. (stating the obvious I know)

So I wonder if Klopp has been setting up for this one as a must win all week during training.
    Coz if Arsenal draw tomorrow then a draw would probably do us too and there has been a more cautious approach from us lately.
    So does Arsenals result tomorrow influence our approach Sunday?

Nope Liverpool have to win no matter the Arsenal result, get the 4th place clinched ASAP

Nope Liverpool have to win no matter the Arsenal result, get the 4th place clinched ASAP

Aye, fair enough. But was that not the case last weekend too?
    We didn't look like a side who really needed to win last week

Aye, fair enough. But was that not the case last weekend too?
    We didn't look like a side who really needed to win last week

Which is why there was so much disappointment with the result on Sunday

On a related note i just been made aware Ajax have won as many PL titles as Liverpool I did not even know Ajax could compete for a PL title :pac:

Anything to get a thanks on the humour thread these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Chelsea are champions, hope spurs dont go on holiday now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fair play to Chelsea, some achievement. Never looked in doubt throughout the whole year, which is pretty incredible given the twists and turns we've come to expect.

On a side note, just looked back over last seasons table... for all the talk coming into this season of how strong Spurs were last year, we've already matched their points total and still have 2 games to play. We're all a bit disappointed not to have pushed on further, but that's really not to be sniffed at considering the position we're coming from.

Which is why there was so much disappointment with the result on Sunday

Disappointing but it could turn out to be an important point.

Disappointing but it could turn out to be an important point.

Hopefully they will show up on Sunday and go for the win instead of hoping other teams take points off Arsenal and United

Must have touched a nerve eh starpool.

The hypocrisy of you calling me the least constructive poster here after what you just said about Augeo. Well done......again.

Same old same old in here, if you critique Klopp then you want him to fail.
    Can you not put on your big boy pants and see how ridiculous you look when you make assertions like that.

I don't generally have a problem with Augeo, I agree with him on quite a few things. I do feel though that he is a bit nitpicky at times with Klopp.

You on the other hand, I have no time for. I've made enough eyes bleed by having this conversation with you so I'm done with you for now.

Chelsea are champions, hope spurs dont go on holiday now....

Last game at WHL and unbeaten there so far this season. Should be enough motivation for them you'd hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

5starpool wrote: »
    I don't generally have a problem with Augeo, I agree with him on quite a few things. I do feel though that he is a bit nitpicky at times with Klopp.

You on the other hand, I have no time for. I've made enough eyes bleed by having this conversation with you so I'm done with you for now.

Lol.

You say that slur about him then follow with you generally don't have a problem with him, all within a few hours.

You sound ridiculous.

Oh you don't like me? Oh diddums, does baby want it's dummy back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

giphy.gif

Hopefully they will show up on Sunday and go for the win instead of hoping other teams take points off Arsenal and United

Fair enough.

If Arsenal draw and we draw then it goes down to the Middlesboro game and I'd take that 10 times out of 10 right now but yeah in an ideal world we'd just win the last 2 games regardless.
    It's not really the question I was asking a few posts back but nevermind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I don't think Klopp will start Sturridge over Origi on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Is there any need to pre book a stadium tour on the sat before boro game,been a while now since i did a tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool making a move on another helpless young Brazilian

http://globoesporte.globo.com/sp/santos-e-regiao/futebol/times/santos/noticia/liverpool-vira-ao-brasil-para-tentar-contratar-destaque-da-base-do-santos.ghtml
    The Saints can lose Rodrygo, main player of the basic categories, for Liverpool. The British will come to Brazil in the next few days to try to hire the 16-year-old striker. An official proposal had already been made earlier.

The goal of the Reds is to guarantee the hiring now and count on the player in the future, like Vinicius Junior, of Flamengo, in Real Madrid.

President Modesto Roma has denied GloboEsporte.com that he has authorized negotiations with Liverpool. He says that the objective now is to make the First Boy's professional contract possible. The young entrepreneurs did not return the contacts of the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

The pragmatist in me says I think it has to. If they draw, we just make bloody sure we don't lose. (think back to going all out against Chelsea in 2014 when a draw would have done).

Lallana or Lucas in midfield I think is the key decision. If Arsenal drop points, then Lucas sits right in front of (or between) the CB's, with Can as another shield just in front. Then likely Lallana, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, and either Firmino or Sturridge (depending on Firmino's fitness).

But if Arsenal win, then I think we have to go; Can, Lallana, Wijnaldum - Coutinho, Sturridge, Firmino/Origi (again pending Firmino fitness).

I generally agree but you get shown up playing at 80% Klopp style.
    I was all for Daniel starting (and still am) but he has one goal in 6 starts. (It was his most recent away to Sun.)

I think Firmino and Lucas to the bench though.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I know many think Istanbul & 2001 are great (and they are), but for me its the Double in 1986.

I remember exactly where I was and how I felt, how I celebrated for Kenny's goal against Chelsea and the equaliser in the Cup Final against Everton in the Cup Final in 86. I was 10 and a little over excited. Good times.

Hopefully next May I'll get to be 42 and a little over excited as we win another Double.

He doesnt often say one thing and then do the opposite like other managers.

I'd say he'll start Sturridge if Bobby isn't quite up to it.
    I hope he does. Not to be cruel about Origi lately but jesus.........

@ Shamrock, If you know the dates you're going then book it. Why would you not book it?
    Not to be an arse but I dont really get why you'd be bothered, maybe you have kids. Anyway, book it and play safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

How long before clubs just go to the source and start sponsoring whole favelas? Providing food and basic necessities, with the contractual guarantee that any decent footballers found within, are tied to the club.

How long before clubs just go to the source and start sponsoring whole favelas? Providing food and basic necessities, with the contractual guarantee that any decent footballers found within, are tied to the club.

Bean-counting with .......

Probably not, but I think he should, as do most people I reckon. Depends on Firmino's fitness possibly, although if he missed out Lucas would stay in if fit, and Lallana in the front 3, which is not his best role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

On a related note i just been made aware Ajax have won as many PL titles as Liverpool I did not even know Ajax could compete for a PL title :pac:

Anything to get a thanks on the humour thread these days

Ajax has more European Cup wins than Manchester United........interesting fact.....am I doing this right? :/

He doesnt often say one thing and then do the opposite like other managers.

I'd say he'll start Sturridge if Bobby isn't quite up to it.
    I hope he does. Not to be cruel about Origi lately but jesus.........

@ Shamrock, If you know the dates you're going then book it. Why would you not book it?
    Not to be an arse but I dont really get why you'd be bothered, maybe you have kids. Anyway, book it and play safe.

Yea ill just book it i guess, tbh im going over with another lad whos never done the tour so i said id do it with him

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Yea ill just book it i guess, tbh im going over with another lad whos never done the tour so i said id do it with him

Book it man. If its something yee wanna do, then book it now and dont take any chances

shamrock55 wrote: »

Wear your best smile please. :o

NukaCola wrote: »
    Ajax has more European Cup wins than Manchester United........interesting fact.....am I doing this right? :/

It was Ajax most important game in their entire history the other night, wasn't it?

Well, it was someones.... see thats how you do it.

ElTel wrote: »
    Wear your best smile please. :o

Oh but of courseðŸ˜

More sign all the Brazilians linkage - Mirror going with the U23 Olympics star Luan
    This story reads as being far more plausible than is typical with background info, he is also exactly the type of player Klopp would want and we need (would also mean no chance of signing Oxlade Chamberlain)

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/liverpool-gremio-brazilian-luan-klopp-10411496

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

More sign all the Brazilians linkage - Mirror going with the U23 Olympics star Luan
    This story reads as being far more plausible than is typical with background info, he is also exactly the type of player Klopp would want and we need (would also mean no chance of signing Oxlade Chamberlain)

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/liverpool-gremio-brazilian-luan-klopp-10411496

Yea woke up to see this all over twitter this morning. I think we were linked with him last summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Where did the "fun bobby" come from. All I can find is some character out of the TV show friends.

Sounds very....

Thats the fella, I gave our Bobby that moniker after he was caught drink driving and it stuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Gremio is Lucas's old club isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

brevity wrote: »
    Gremio is Lucas's old club isn't it?
    Yeah.

I wonder if we'll turn Luan into a DM as well?

20 goals in 86 club games.... he's 24.
    Ricardo Oliveira scored almost twice what he did last season over there at 36 years old... the PL is a huge jump in quality IMO.
    Uninspiring IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

According to Wikipedia he joined utd today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm so confused

d3506f9f588a29489b3eb368f1247bf9.png

Right now it's Liverpool but playing at Portsmouth!

Should be called '"where's bobby" instead cos he goes missing for wks on end

Allan is starting for Hertha Berlin in the penultimate BL game of the season - they are sixth but can finished go fifth and so get closer to avoiding the EL qualifiers. KO 2.30

Rhian Brewster played the whole of the England v Ireland U17s Euro Quarter Final, England won 1-0 and play Turkey in the semis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Funny how really strange incidents are happening to the detriment of Liverpools chances of a top 4 finish.
    Milner misses a penalty, which is very strange and now the strange penalty in the Man City Leicester game. I think a higher power is influencing and it's not meant to be. I fully expect West Ham to win tomorrow. This is going to be a crash and burn end to the season.
    Some things are meant to be, like Dudek's save in champions league final, a save at point blank range that comes off his glove and shoots vertically up into the air. It was not natural what that ball did. It was simply meant to be.

..... now the strange penalty in the Man City Leicester game...........

So City win 2-1, Mahrez not converting that penalty you mention.

City now in 3rd, 2 pts above us with a GD 5 superior to ourselves, they've scored 1 more than us and conceded less too.

With 2 games to go you'd think it unlikely we'll finish above them, never know though. We could be above them again tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Man City doing what must be done

What? They got lucky with a double kiss something they had exactly no control over,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Man City doing what must be done

Certainly getting some decisions in their favour the past couple games. It all helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement