Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

And Sterling off side for their goal. It would be a harsh offside, but keeper told ref that Sterling had caused him to alter his positioning and his reactions by swiping at ball while in an off side position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If we played the exact same game as City did there we'd be saying we got stupidly lucky and didn't deserve to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Man City doing what must be done

It helps when the big decisions go their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Funny how really strange incidents are happening to the detriment of Liverpools chances of a top 4 finish.
    Milner misses a penalty, which is very strange and now the strange penalty in the Man City Leicester game. I think a higher power is influencing and it's not meant to be. I fully expect West Ham to win tomorrow. This is going to be a crash and burn end to the season.
    Some things are meant to be, like Dudek's save in champions league final, a save at point blank range that comes off his glove and shoots vertically up into the air. It was not natural what that ball did. It was simply meant to be.

If we dont get cl its cos we are crap,infact even if we do get cl we are still crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

shamrock55 wrote: »
    If we dont get cl its cos we are crap,infact even if we do get cl we are still crap

This is the kind of bullsh?t attitude I'm talking about. When another team gets a lucky result they "worked for it" but even when Liverpool do well, even if we achieve top 4 like we set out to at the start of the season, like we've done only once in the last 7 seasons, we're still sh?te aren't we?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Yeah.

I wonder if we'll turn Luan into a DM as well?

Ha yeah, it's gotta be one of the funniest things in football that Lucas was originally a forward.

Somewhere, somehow, a scout who actually got paid for his insights, thought to himself yep this is the man. This is the man to get 20 goals a season for someone.
    20 goals and assists combined in his lifetime is out of reach.

Love the guy though. Always works his balls off for us and never once moaned about a thing.

The assist for Leicester was the funniest moment of the lot and he had a good sense of humour about it afterwards.
    And the laugh on Klopps face after his big dive last week.

He's a feckin legend. Doubt he'll be with us next season but wherever he goes he's the sort of fella you'd wish him luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

It will be brilliant if we qualify for the champions league however we do it.

One question though, I wonder what kind of effect coming 4th will have in terms of securing our top targets?

The last qualifying round was completed on the 25th of August last year. The transfer deadline is September 1st. The final qualifier this season is potentially alot tougher than previous years it could be against the likes of Napoli, Roma, Sevilla, Dortmund, Nice, Sporting Lisbon etc..

Its certainly not a given that we will make the group stages in all honesty.

Will potential signings (of the type of calibre needed to take us to the next level) be willing to sign for us on the back of "being in the champions league" when in reality theres technically only 1 week to to business after that potential qualification? Officially its only on offer in late August.

We don't offer blockbuster wages (in comparison to certain competitors who may be in the market for the same players) in order to make Champions league football an afterthought, therefore that carrot of elite european football will be key in how we manage to persuade these guys to join.

Would the likes of Naby Keita for example be willing to join Liverpool early in the summer if we come 4th, and can only guarantee CL football in late August? Or does he just join Bayern/Chelsea/Man City/United as they will be more than likely guaranteed to be there?

Champions League football is undoubtedly key to getting players who make the difference to sign for you, from testing themselves at the top level, to added income levels from image rights due to appearing in the CL every season.

I guess the cynic in me is just waiting for the inevitable press release that "insert target" is refusing to commit to Liverpool as he is unsure as to whether we will be in the champions league at all.

4th place whilst being a big step in the right direction, may not be the golden ticket we are all led to believe either, it may be another summer of frustration. The only way around it is to spend big money, offer the wages needed to get the deals done rather than try and do it on the cheap (only wanting players who fit our "profile" and "want to pull on the red shirt" yada yada) and hope we can then cash in by getting through the qualifier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

FFS. You enjoy that tour of the club you don't really support, eh? Thick and thin and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

@ Blanco, I can see where you're coming from and valid point. But all we can do is try to get 4th and worry about the rest later.

City's last big hurdle was today imo, and they cleared it so 3rd is gone I reckon.

So just try to nab 4th and whatever happens happens after that. It's true that there will be some tricky opponents in the qualifier but equally there will be a lot of sides who we should be able to comfortably beat as well, so no point assuming the worst.
    And I'd imagine any player looking at us would expect us to make the group stages if we get 4th.

Just need to get over the line now.

Big game for us at 5.30 today. Picture will be a lot clearer after that. Stoke are good enough to have a fighting chance against Arsenal and if not then no reason why we cant win the last two.

Well hopefully wee Joe will do us a good turn against Arsenal ...

• Advertisement

We haven't been linked with Josh King yet but I've no doubt that we will. I like him. Sure, this is first breakthrough season in the PL and since Christmas I think he's scored as many goals as Kane. Smart player too. It'd be a big step up for him but he'd be a decent addition to the squad - a less injury prone Ings.

mosstin wrote: »
    We haven't been linked with Josh King yet but I've no doubt that we will. I like him. Sure, this is first breakthrough season in the PL and since Christmas I think he's scored as many goals as Kane. Smart player too. It'd be a big step up for him but he'd be a decent addition to the squad - a less injury prone Ings.

+1

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103441855&postcount=6690

FFS. You enjoy that tour of the club you don't really support, eh? Thick and thin and all that.

Ill alway support the team as much as i can ,but lets be honest we are not great are we,ill still support them though,people can support poor teams too you know

Ill alway support the team as much as i can ,but lets be honest we are not great are we,ill still support them though,people can support poor teams too you know

With the greatest respect, you don't seem to get much enjoyment from supporting us. We're 4th, just about 2 seasons into what is hopefully a longer spell of new management. We excelled in the first half of the season and tired badly in the second half. We have a Top 4 spot in our own hands with 2 games left.
    I think that if you could do a statistical analysis of your posts this season, they'd be 80% negative in a season which has brought a lot of enjoyment for me as a fan. You seem far too quick to react negatively almost all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Stoke have been hopeless so far. Only a matter of time until Arsenal score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Stoke have been hopeless so far. Only a matter of time until Arsenal score.

Doesn't look very hopeful.

Hopefully one of those days for arsenal and they lose or draw.

With the greatest respect, you don't seem to get much enjoyment from supporting us. We're 4th, just about 2 seasons into what is hopefully a longer spell of new management. We excelled in the first half of the season and tired badly in the second half. We have a Top 4 spot in our own hands with 2 games left.
    I think that if you could do a statistical analysis of your posts this season, they'd be 80% negative in a season which has brought a lot of enjoyment for me as a fan. You seem far too quick to react negatively almost all the time.

Im glad youve enjoyed the season because i certainly havent,well not since xmas anyway,we have been terrible to watch since then,and i have good reason to not be confident of getting cl,the last 5 months have put paid to that.
    Im not saying anything that others surely cant see,weve been dreadfull im not just saying it to piss peoplw off im just saying it how it is,i support liverpool as much as the nxt person which is why it hurts to see how poor we are,yes our squad is small and weve had injuries but our manager hasnt covered himself in glory in that regard either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Think we're going to have to win all our games.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Arsenal will win 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

A guy on the LFC subreddit said the following:

"I'm a local ultra from his team's biggest rival.

He's amazing.

Compared to our current players, he plays the same role as Bobby but he's far from a one trick pony: he does everything.

With older players you might know, he remembers Rivaldo.

The only big flaw in his game is the lack of clinical finishing, but he scores screamers left Right and center and that can easily be fixed through training and time.

I'm relieved for Inter and excited for his time with us Reds"

feckit

Think we're going to have to win all our games.

We sure are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Arsenal 1 up. Stoke doing us no favors at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The stress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Arsenal come 4th that's what they do.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Arsenal come 4th that's what they do.

We can get in there ahead of them though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why would anyone expect Stoke, who have been shoite for months to suddenly wake up now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A win and 6 goals would be nice tomorrow. Would love to face a Westy Ham side that lies down as much as Stoke has so far.

Why would anyone expect Stoke, who have been shoite for months to suddenly wake up now?

Well Arsenal have been shoite for month also :pac:

Arsenal are now 4/7 for Top4, we are 2/5 ......... not much in it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Augeo wrote: »
    Well Arsenal have been shoite for month also :pac:

Arsenal are now 4/7 for Top4, we are 2/5 ......... not much in it :o

Use a better bookmakers.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

A win and 6 goals would be nice tomorrow. Would love to face a Westy Ham side that lies down as much as Stoke has so far.

West ham will not even really try to attack, so worst possible for us recently. We might need a set piece or something special to win tomorrow as we haven't really scored many straightforward goals recently.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Use a better bookmakers.

That's betfair exchange prices quoted on oddschecker.

What better bookmakers can you recommend ?

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    West ham will not even really try to attack, so worst possible for us recently. We might need a set piece or something special to win tomorrow as we haven't really scored many straightforward goals recently.

Is Carroll fit? If we go bust, we might as well do it in style!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Use a better bookmakers.

Yup. Arsenal are 2/1

That's with skybet

That's betfair exchange prices quoted on oddschecker.

What better bookmakers can you recommend ?

Preferably one that doesn't price a two horse race to ~135%.

Arsenal are 2/1 top 4 on sky bet there.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Yup. Arsenal are 2/1

Where?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Yup. Arsenal are 2/1

That's with skybet
    Preferably one that doesn't price a two horse race to ~135%.

Arsenal are 2/1 top 4 on sky bet there.

apologies, they had nothing on oddschecker when I posted. It's not a two horse race though.

Now 13/8 and they'll take fnck all at that, £28

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is Carroll fit? If we go bust, we might as well do it in style!

As far as i know hes out as is kayoute and noble

And there's the second.

Our poor season

The sniff of Top4 has really gotten Arsenal going lately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

This game needs some Crouch

Ozil broke into what strangely resembled a sprint for probably the first time in the season there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Things starting to look ominous now, drop pts tomorrow and it may be over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Things starting to look ominous now, drop pts tomorrow and it may be over.

Yuup im hoping for a win tomorrow but ive sadly resigned myself to us missing out on top 4. This side dont do well under pressure as the last few seasons have shown and i just cant be bothered to get my hopes up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The sniff of Top4 has really gotten Arsenal going lately :(

What a pity it didn't get Liverpool horny enough to produce the goods in recent games.

What a pity it didn't get Liverpool horny enough to produce the goods in recent games.

Well we have two game left so all is not lost yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Think we'll get 6 points from the next 2. I'm going to stay positive.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement