Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hang on.

Crouchy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hand of Crouch. Please Stoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Need the rosary beads out now.

Amazing that we dropped 2 points away to Sunderland and 3 at home to Swansea.

Hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be hopeful tomorrow.

Squad depth has really hurt us. All I see is ads for new shirts and sponsorship deals etc but where are the quality players ?

Not with us that is for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    This game needs some Crouch

Gerr in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

And the hope is gone....

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Major questions to be asked of Klopp if he throws this away - I think it would be safe to call it a bottle job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What? They got lucky with a double kiss something they had exactly no control over,.

No - one said it has to be pretty or deserved.

Arsenal also doing what must be done.

Are we strong enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Huge pressure on the game tomorrow, will we deliver? I have my doubts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Haven't been confident since we missed the opportunity last Sunday.

Lots were confident arsenal couldn't take 12 from 12 but that's the two hard ones out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

arsenal are getting 4th I'm not even getting my hopes up.

we'll do a Liverpool, win tomorrow and draw to relegated Middlesbrough at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Very confident we will win two games. We are in a great position with our fate in our own hands. Come on lads, have a positive outlook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

rob316 wrote: »
    arsenal are getting 4th I'm not even getting my hopes up.

we'll do a Liverpool, win tomorrow and draw to relegated Middlesbrough at home.

Let's just win tomorrow first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Too many snowflakes in the Liverpool side. There, I went full Alt-Right! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Same on GD now.

• Advertisement

sword1 wrote: »
    Very confident we will win two games. We are in a great position with our fate in our own hands. Come on lads, have a positive outlook

In fairness, it's not like anyone is being despondent for no good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Major questions to be asked of Klopp if he throws this away - I think it would be safe to call it a bottle job.

I'm not so sure, it's going to be an above average points total for 4th this year so whoever misses out will probably feel unfortunate.

And imo at the start of the season Liverpool probably had the 6th best side in the league so probably ever so slightly punching to be were they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Fancy us for a 2-0 win tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

All on us now, two wins and we've got CL football next season. I just pray Klopp has some new ideas for the game, Bilic knows how to shut him out otherwise.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I'm not so sure, it's going to be an above average points total for 4th this year so whoever misses out will probably feel unfortunate.

And imo at the start of the season Liverpool probably had the 6th best side in the league so probably ever so slightly punching to be were they are.

The bolded part is utterly irrelevant. A rising tide lifts all boats.

I've made the point before - we've been Top 4 since September. To drop out - if we drop out - at the very end of the season would be abysmal on our part. I just don't see how anyone can explain it away as anything other than failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

My pessimism has me thinking Liverpool are more likely to end up with 1 point from the next two games, than they are to actually get the job done and achieve top 4.

The ****ing stress of the game now tomorrow will be insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Arsenal lost 3 in a row at Southampton. They win.
    Hadn't won at Stoke in last 6 visits. They win.

They'll win their last two games as well. Can't be relying on any more favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

All on us now, two wins and we've got CL football next season. I just pray Klopp has some new ideas for the game, Bilic knows how to shut him out otherwise.

This is it in a nutshell. If they shut us out - which is a safe bet - you just dont see where the spark ot imagination is going to be...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Arsenal lost 3 in a row at Southampton. They win.
    Hadn't won at Stoke in last 6 visits. They win.

They'll win their last two games as well. Can't be relying on any more favours.

Plus Milner misses a penalty last week for the first time in decades and mahrez forgets to stand up for his penalty today, still scores and a free out is given.

This is why I'm worried that things are not going out way.

I can imagine a pigeon running across the goal line tomorrow preventing a last min winner for us.

It'll be our own fault alright.

The lack of subs until it was too late last week still rankles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Its in our own hands but its a shame thats what i fear

noodler wrote: »
    It'll be our own fault alright.

The lack of subs until it was too late last week still rankles.
    Last week!! Thats happened all season long im affraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We're definitely all out of favours and lifelines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

mosstin wrote: »
    The bolded part is utterly irrelevant. A rising tide lifts all boats.

I've made the point before - we've been Top 4 since September. To drop out - if we drop out - at the very end of the season would be abysmal on our part. I just don't see how anyone can explain it away as anything other than failure.

Your expectations are borderline unrealistic if you think this side challenging for CL place near the end of the season amounts to a failure. You can be hopeful yes, and very dissapointed if they do miss out, but don't let that blind you of the reality of the situation and relative strength of the sides you're mixing with.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Plus Milner misses a penalty last week for the first time in decades and mahrez forgets to stand up for his penalty today, still scores and a free out is given.

This is why I'm worried that things are not going out way.

I can imagine a pigeon running across the goal line tomorrow preventing a last min winner for us.

Theres nothing unlucky about any of this.

We all know what happened in the last three home games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

noodler wrote: »
    Theres nothing unlucky about any of this.

We all know what happened in the last three home games.

a pigeon on a beachball - mark my words

OK OK I'm making them, I'm marking them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm just hoping the Anfield Cat has journeyed down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I know we could have had this wrapped up.....but I like that nervous feeling of having something worthwhile to fight for in the league in the last few games.....

West Ham and Middlesboro.......its not Barca and Real after all. I'm not being disrespectful but we can and should take all 6 points and I think we will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Up to us to fcuk it up, I'm bricking it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Yep thats the way its going. He'll probably block a potential winner from Coo-Coo-tinhho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Yep thats the way its going. He'll probably block a potential winner from Coo-Coo-tinhho

Awhh...that just awful......:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

NukaCola wrote: »
    Awhh...that just awful......:P

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Tomorrow's game is like a first round champions league qualifier for us now. A pity we couldn't get a bit of luck today but the job remains the same.
    On the eve of our biggest game of the season my stomach is in knots at the thought of it but that's fecking great though, it means we're still playing for something. Better than going through the motions like last season. I for one am looking forward to tomorrow, bring them on ta fk!

We'll win 3-1(don't use Augeo's bookie though).

Edit-NukaCola kinda got there before me

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I hate pigeons with a passion. Fckers.

I'm just hoping the Anfield Cat has journeyed down.

We'll need him to work his magic tomorrow........

hisarrival-was-foretold-in-ancient-murals-126763.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Looking forward to WestHam playing out of their skin :(

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

More rumours about this Luan chap. Probably all rubbish but at least it's something anyhow. I'm sure we'll be on the verge of signing loads of lads over the summer. Signing them though is a different matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Fully expect for the West Ham result to be a kick in the nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Too many snowflakes in the Liverpool side. There, I went full Alt-Right! :pac:

you-went-full-retard-man-never-go-full-retard-you-went-full-alt-right-man-never-go-full-alt-right.jpg

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    I know we could have had this wrapped up.....but I like that nervous feeling of having something worthwhile to fight for in the league in the last few games.....

West Ham and Middlesboro.......its not Barca and Real after all. I'm not being disrespectful but we can and should take all 6 points and I think we will.

Southampton,palace,bournmouth,burnley,sunderland,swansea are hardly barce or real either are they

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm all for signing more Brazilians, purely on principle.

Good to make a core of them.

Think it worked well with the spaniards under Benitez.

Need a few more Germans though.
    Lob in Brandt, Goretzka and Meyer and we're golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

If Sturridge and Lallana start I can see us getting the result we need tomorrow.

If Klopp goes with Origi up front and the same passive crap we've witnessed the last few weeks we'll get nothing from this game.

I genuinely believe it's down the Klopp and team selection tomorrow. Sturridge had to start , they will fear him more and it will send out a signal to West Ham from the off

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Your expectations are borderline unrealistic if you think this side challenging for CL place near the end of the season amounts to a failure. You can be hopeful yes, and very dissapointed if they do miss out, but don't let that blind you of the reality of the situation and relative strength of the sides you're mixing with.

Your expectations evolve as the season progresses. It's a failure that we haven't learned how to defeat deep lying teams at home. It's a failure that we still look like conceding from almost all set pieces. It was a failure not to recruit in January.
    We know the strength of the sides we're dealing with but they've underperformed woefully for the most part and we might not be able to take advantage of that in spite of giving ourselves a head start.
    The most galling thing were we not to make Top 4 would be that most of the blows that were landed on us were self inflicted. Leicester never once let the "relative strength" of their opponents stop them from achieving their goal last season. When you're given an opportunity as we have this season, you take it. We still might but, again, it'll be a failure if we don't.

If Sturridge and Lallana start I can see us getting the result we need tomorrow.

If Klopp goes with Origi up front and the same passive crap we've witnessed the last few weeks we'll get nothing from this game.

I genuinely believe it's down the Klopp and team selection tomorrow. Sturridge had to start , they will fear him more and it will send out a signal to West Ham from the off

If its down to klopp then we're fcuked

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement