Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

were gonna loose both games and finish 6th,just for the irony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Have to say fair play to Arsenal for finishing 4th, nobody would have given them a prayer 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Have to say fair play to Arsenal for finishing 4th, nobody would have given them a prayer 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

were gonna loose both games and finish 6th,just for the irony

Would be an improvement on last season bar the cup runs. We're moving in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Apparently we've agreed a deal for Robertson from Hull.

Haven't watched Hull much this season, is he any use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Vicxas wrote: »
    Apparently we've agreed a deal for Robertson from Hull.

Haven't watched Hull much this season, is he any use.

Buying a 23 year old homegrown player for 8million is probably a shrewd move but he is a good defensive player but not that exciting going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Moreno will be gone and probably get robertson for cheaper transfer and wages than moreno. He will be cover for milner is all. Play probably 15 games.. not really an inspired buy...how we play we should be getting more output from our full backs. It is dreadful watching milner pull it back on his right all the time. Clynes contribution going doreard has being dreadful...but some of that could be attributed to a midfield that can't move the ball quick enough have the vision for the killer pass.

If champions league we have to take our chances and by quality expensive players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Nerves are starting to kick in a bit now.

Any match thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Is there anything more nailed on than a 5th place finish? I would honestly be surprised if the Pool finished 4th, and that's amazing to think considering where the team was at christmas. Ah well, another crack at the Europa Cup ain't too bad.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

sword1 wrote: »
    Buying a 23 year old homegrown player for 8million is probably a shrewd move but he is a good defensive player but not that exciting going forward

Between him and Clyne there wouldn't be a lot of creativity going forward.

• Advertisement

We should be well able to beat west ham today, they have nothing to play for and it's must win for us.

Mane, Henderson & maybe Bobby out injured are 3 key players though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Tomorrow is it for us, the last chance saloon. It's down to this game now anything other than a win and we come 5th .
    This game is huge, it's our season. If we fail to win tomorrow it's over and it will be all our own fault.

Yeah unfortunately I feel it all comes down to this and 3 points are definitely needed. I was hopeful that a draw here would be enough before the United vs Arsenal game, but Arsenal are 9 from 9 since then and are looking like they'll put together 5 in a row to reach 75 points.

I said before that game that an Arsenal win was the worst result for us and I think it's proven to be so. Stoke and Soton away were the games for them to be dropping points - home to Sunderland and Everton I don't see it.

West Ham have 4 clean sheets from last 5 games, 3 in a row, and we have looked incapable of scoring in our last 2 games, aside from a moment of genius from Can.

I think we may need another really special moment from the likes of Coutinho today to get us over the line.

While the ball is in our court, I would still say it's advantage Arsenal at the moment, because I'm doubtful we have what it takes to break this West Ham side down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Firmino is definitely out today...didn't travel with the squad.

Should have been dropped anyway.... has been brutal for weeks. Although with mane missing the team is generally brutal.

Firmino is definitely out today...didn't travel with the squad.

Kerri, the video in your signature has made my morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then Coutinho Sturridge and Origi or will he go with Lallana and put in Grujic with Can and Wiji? Or could he play Gini further up like at Newcastle? Or it is Ben Woodburns second PL start!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

So then Coutinho Sturridge and Origi or will he go with Lallana and put in Grujic with Can and Wiji? Or could he play Gini further up like at Newcastle? Or it is Ben Woodburns second PL start!?

Grujic may be a good shout at some stage, very nearly scored within mins of coming on last week.

Knex. wrote: »
    Kerri, the video in your signature has made my morning.

Great song and album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Trent! Trent! Trent! Say it with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

We could sure use the pace and something resembling a decent cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Team up yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Team up yet?
    I imagine we will have to wait till 1 before the team is announced.

1.15 actually. Firmino definitely out is the word now. I wonder what way that will affect the line-up? Klopp might elect for 2 up front, might play Lallana further forward or might have another midfielder play either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sturridge & Origi up top. Least exciting duo up top since Carroll & Kuyt played against Braga, if we were playing since they still wouldn't have scored for us. :pac:
    West Ham will have plenty of injuries too so I won't take our injuries as an excuse today.

I'd love to see him playing as a winger and keep Clyne at the back but it would need to be about 5-0 with 5 to play before we see that I suspect!

I'd love to see him playing as a winger and keep Clyne at the back but it would need to be about 5-0 with 5 to play before we see that I suspect!

I'd still be nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

That's exactly what I want.

In reality it'll either be Origi up top with Sturridge on the right and Coutinho left, or if Lucas passes a late fitness test he'll probably come in for Origi/Sturridge and have Lallana out right.

• Advertisement

I reckon Lucas will start............ in a must win game away to West Ham I can't really fathom why though. Matip and Lovren should be able to mind the house at the back with Clyne mandated to defend rather than attack on the right.

Let the midfield and attacking 6 do their thing, or try and do their thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Team up yet?

I should hope so as they have to play a game in a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

The Echo is reporting that Klopp has already been talking with players he hopes to sign in the summer so looks like it moved a bit further that monitoring the crap out of them and he wants to get those players in a soon as possible once the window opens.

Not a bad idea, I remember Klopp saying it was the only time of the year the team could actually train rather than recover from game to game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That the lad we are supposed to be buying after fluffing it against Palace?

Not a bad idea, I remember Klopp saying it was the only time of the year the team could actually train rather than recover from game to game.

Next year with at least EL games and more likely CL games along with the PL we'll be doing little training compared to this year so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Augeo wrote: »
    Next year with at least EL games and more likely CL games along with the PL we'll be doing little training compared to this year so.

Right so they want to probably start it off sooner to get the system in place again. We'll need quite a few players for depth I think for all those extra games. Get them in soon before we get taken to the cleaners haggling all summer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Sh?t or burst today!

Not confident at all but any kind of a win pretty please.

I'm getting more confident as the KO approaches........... my only worry is Klopp sh1tting it and going ultra defensive and hoping to scrape a goal from somewhere.

I'm all for that if we go two goals up but not at the start :)

Augeo wrote: »
    I'm getting more confident as the KO approaches........... my only worry is Klopp sh1tting it and going ultra defensive and hoping to scrape a goal from somewhere.

I'm all for that if we go two goals up but not at the start :)

I wouldn't have too much fear about that, tbh. If anything I'd be more concerned about the potential for Klopp to set up as we pretty much always do and ultimately cause no surprise or trouble for a West Ham team that will be happy to sit back and counter.

But, this is what its all about. Big games at the end of the season, even if this year there's no trophy on the line. We all would have taken this position if offered at the start of the season, I bet.

I wouldn't have too much fear about that, tbh. If anything I'd be more concerned about the potential for Klopp to set up as we pretty much always do and ultimately cause no surprise or trouble for a West Ham team that will be happy to sit back and counter.

But, this is what its all about. Big games at the end of the season, even if this year there's no trophy on the line. We all would have taken this position if offered at the start of the season, I bet.

Afraid of this too. Just need to do something unexpected and start Sturridge.

P.S. Is there room for an ambulance to drive up and down the sideline at the London Stadium to monitor him?

• Advertisement

P.S. Is there room for an ambulance to drive up and down the sideline at the London Stadium to monitor him?
    They can just park in one spot seeing as he won't be doing much moving...

They could run a 400 metre race around the track from what I remember...! :p

5starpool wrote: »
    1.15 actually. Firmino definitely out is the word now. I wonder what way that will affect the line-up? Klopp might elect for 2 up front, might play Lallana further forward or might have another midfielder play either.
    Generally on Reddit a good bit before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Daily mail running a story that Lucas will be off to celtic when his contract expires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Interested to see how this lineup pans out. Bench will have pretty much nothing on it though, it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Good strong attacking team. Hope Sturrigde shines in the next two games and warrants keeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Gini needs to up his game big time today too,plus at least now we wont have the problem of firmino not passing to sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Drinking from my lucky Liverpool cup now, so I've done my bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Interested to see how this lineup pans out. Bench will have pretty much nothing on it though, it seems.

Nothing new there then

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement