Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vanolder wrote: »
    And I very quickly turned around and said I was blinded momentarily ... I predicted Liverpool would finish 6th when they were a mere 5/6 points behind Chelsea in second - I think the writing was on the wall for quite a while for anyone that understands football and has a rational mind.

If only everyone could be as intelligent as you, not to mention humble. You truly are a god among men, a prognosticator extraordinaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

5starpool wrote: »
    If only everyone could be as intelligent as you, not to mention humble. You truly are a god among men, a prognosticator extraordinaire.

Not everyone can, just the select few - That's what makes the likes of me so great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Vanolder wrote: »
    And I very quickly turned around and said I was blinded momentarily ... I predicted Liverpool would finish 6th when they were a mere 5/6 points behind Chelsea in second - I think the writing was on the wall for quite a while for anyone that understands football and has a rational mind.

You are talking like the season is over and you have been "proven right". That Leicester result was always on the cards after they sacked Claudio before our match. That is something that I predicted and have actually been proven right. ;) Yours is still speculation but you are talking as tho it is fact. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

What's the predictions for this month lads?

Arse H
    Burnley H
    City A

I've got you down for 4 points from the three games in my predictor thing I do every few weeks but I don't think I've got the right Liverpool result two games in a row for months.

Personally I see a draw in the Arse game, a win in the Burnley one and a loss against City.

The gas thing is you would not be surprised if you beat the two big sides and loss against Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Jayop wrote: »

Arse H
    Burnley H
    City A

I've got you down for 4 points from the three games in my predictor thing I do every few weeks but I don't think I've got the right Liverpool result two games in a row for months.

Personally I see a draw in the Arse game, a win in the Burnley one and a loss against City.

The gas thing is you would not be surprised if you beat the two big sides and loss against Burnley.

I think you're about right with 4 points, but think it will be beat Arsenal & draw with Burnley

I think you're about right with 4 points, but think it will be beat Arsenal & draw with Burnley

Could easily be the case. Arse will come at you and that is what you want. Burnley will sit deep.

If Wenger was flexible and the fact it's in Anfield might help them then they could sit a bit deeper and aim to really hurt you on the counter. I still think a draw in that but any result wouldn't be a surprise. Very hard to call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Nerdlingr wrote:
    Anytime I've seen Managla play he's been average. Dont think pellegrini fancied him in the end either. Always seemed to have a mistake in him every game. He wasn't the answer to city's defence then and he isnt now. Pep or no pep.

He has the necessary attributes to become a top player but he needs proper coaching. He'd make a good signing, I think, certainly when compared to Lovren or Sakho.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Arse H
    Burnley H
    City A

I'd expect 6 or 7 beat arsenal and Burnley and draw or lose to city. We are very good at home and the chances of Burnley beating us are slim. Away from home to teams like Burnley is a different story and I'd be fearful of dropping points in all of our away games that we have left.

I'd expect 6 or 7 beat arsenal and Burnley and draw or lose to city. We are very good at home and the chances of Burnley beating us are slim. Away from home to teams like Burnley is a different story and I'd be fearful of dropping points in all of our away games that we have left.

Yeah it could easily go like that. Wouldn't be any big harm to United if it did either. Your games against City and Arsenal are great for us either way as we're currently chasing all of you. Draws in both of those would be perfect for us.

It would be some turn around in form though to get 7 points from those three games after getting 6 points from the last 7 (if I worked that out right).

April for me is the Month for you (and United) to get as many points on the board as possible. All games in that month are very winnable apart from our game with Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Yeah it could easily go like that. Wouldn't be any big harm to United if it did either. Your games against City and Arsenal are great for us either way as we're currently chasing all of you. Draws in both of those would be perfect for us.

It would be some turn around in form though to get 7 points from those three games after getting 6 points from the last 7 (if I worked that out right).

April for me is the Month for you (and United) to get as many points on the board as possible. All games in that month are very winnable apart from our game with Chelsea.

And after we play arsenal and city all the other top 6 will be taking points off each other. I think we will get 16 pts from our 7 home games . We need to get 10 pts from the 5 away games and unless klopp changes something I don't think we will get them.

• Advertisement

And after we play arsenal and city all the other top 6 will be taking points off each other. I think we will get 16 pts from our 7 home games . We need to get 10 pts from the 5 away games and unless klopp changes something I don't think we will get them.

What are you saying is the 4th place points needed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think we'll be very well placed after the next 3 games.

It'll be after that that we start throwing points away and let the season peter out.

After 26 games last year City had 47 points. They finished 4th with 66 points. That would mean that 4th this year will likely be around 69 points going by Arsenal having 50 now.

For United we'd need 21 points from 13 games to get to that.
    Liverpool would need 20 points from 12 games.

I think we should win the next 2 so start April needing 15 points from 11 games.

Should we win the games we'd be expected to, eg. WBA, Everton, Sunderland, Burnley, Swansea & Palace we should get to that 69 points.

73 points has been enough for 4th for as long as I looked back there, going back as far as 2011. To get to that we need at least one draw from a top side.

The problem could well be this year that 4th might need 75+/

You know what, sorry. I should probably have went to the race to top 4 thread after the first question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

POKERKING wrote: »
    Clichy is out of contract in the summer. As is zabaletta, sagna, navas and yaya on that subject.

I'd take all those listed above apart from Navas (who I'm wary of). I think Ya Ya would be a great option for a couple of years IF he could be kept motivated.

Gbear wrote: »
    I think we'll be very well placed after the next 3 games.

It'll be after that that we start throwing points away and let the season peter out.

I'm worried we won't see our raise your game type performance for arsenal or City.

We usually do but I can't remember us being this poor TBH even when Roy was in charge.

Augeo wrote: »
    I'm worried we won't see our raise your game type performance for arsenal or City.

We usually do but I can't remember us being this poor TBH even when Roy was in charge.

Then you have a **** memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

SM01 wrote: »
    I'd take all those listed above apart from Navas (who I'm wary of). I think Ya Ya would be a great option for a couple of years IF he could be kept motivated.
    With the new catering sections in the new stand, there should be enough facilities to bake a cake for him every day and two on his birthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

SM01 wrote: »

Navas is the only one i'd consider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

chicorytip wrote: »
    He has the necessary attributes to become a top player but he needs proper coaching. He'd make a good signing, I think, certainly when compared to Lovren or Sakho.

Unfortunately we dont have the time/funds to spend big money on another CB that needs more coaching to bring hm on.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Don't forget about playing at a certain level.

I was just gonna ask was that the same guy, you can tell by his modesty :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Arse

That's about it.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Navas is the only one i'd consider.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

He's dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lacazette being linked tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lacazette being linked tonight.

Would love him! Even if we got him though I'd still like to see a different type of striker brought in as a Plan B. Or else maybe get Big Dunc Ferguson to cross party lines and teach Origi how to use his frame and be a ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sturridge to Olympique and Lacazette to Liverpool would on the face of it be a win win :) Mind you we were linked to another forward Maxwel Cornet as well a few days ago so I'd not get excited.

Being linked to people in early March means very little to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

5starpool wrote: »
    Being linked to people in early March means very little to be honest.

It's generally an indicator that the season is going too well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I won't get my hopes up, Lacazette is a high profile name, when do Liverpool sign those? Torres was probably the last one..
    As for plan B, I heard Benteke is good in the air and so is Andy Carroll. A cheap option would be Lambert, though he might be too old now. We've had plan B's in the past and never use them (at all or properly) across several different managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

eyerer wrote: »
    I won't get my hopes up, Lacazette is a high profile name, when do Liverpool sign those? Torres was probably the last one..
    As for plan B, I heard Benteke is good in the air and so is Andy Carroll. A cheap option would be Lambert, though he might be too old now. We've had plan B's in the past and never use them (at all or properly) across several different managers.

When we've had them, they've been ludicrously expensive, and we've not used them. When we haven't had them, we've thrown CB's up front out of desperation.

I just want a cheap one. A big lad who knows where the goal is for those occasions where our only option is to cross, so instead of it sailing over everyones head, or being easily dealt with, we have something. Even a bloody Daryl Murphy would've been of benefit to us during these stupid recent games.

• Advertisement

I see on twitter that Torres had a nasty blow to the head and was rushed to hospital.

Hopefully it isn't too bad and was only a precaution but after looking at reactions of his team-mates, I didn't look good at all.

You can have an plan B that doesnt involve sticking some big bastard up front and turfin balls at him. There are other tactics.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I see on twitter that Torres had a nasty blow to the head and was rushed to hospital.

Hopefully it isn't too bad and was only a precaution but after looking at reactions of his team-mates, I didn't look good at all.

His team mates reacted quite well, made sure he didn't swallow his tongue. The challenge was really sloppy, basically shoulder charged into the back of his head. Latest is he's conscious and stable.....hopefully he'll be ok!

NukaCola wrote: »
    His team mates reacted quite well, made sure he didn't swallow his tongue. The challenge was really sloppy, basically shoulder charged into the back of his head. Latest is he's conscious and stable.....hopefully he'll be ok!

Looking at it again, it was probably the impact of the head hitting the ground that done the damage.

Still a terrible challenge by the Deportivo lad all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

J Mysterio wrote: »
    You can have an plan B that doesnt involve sticking some big bastard up front and turfin balls at him. There are other tactics.

A plan C? That's crazy talk.

With Henderson out against arsenal will klopp start the Leicester 11?

He's very slow to drop people but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

I like to see us play a 4-4-2.

Bring Milner back into the midfield.

Glad to hear that the lads are going on warm weather training in Tenerife in a few weeks. They could do with a treat the poor lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Start Origi.

I'd shake it up a bit as well, assuming Lovren isn't ready

Karius
    TAA---Matip--Klavan--Clyne
    Lucas
    Milner--Wijnaldum
    Coutinho
    Mane----Origi

Karius, Moreno, Can, Ojo, Lallana, Sturridge, Firmino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Id go with as close to team that started v Spurs against Arsenal

But v the Burnleys etc Id like to see something like the following:

Ming

Klavan or Gomez
    Matip
    Lovren

Clyne
    Henderson or Milner
    Wijnaldum
    Coutinho
    Moreno

Mane
    Origi

With on the left AND a target up front

Presser on today I assume? I didn't hear of it being on yesterday anyhow (when it normally would for a Saturday game) so I presume it's on today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Would love to see Milner back in Midfield. Need a commanding figure in there.

Augeo wrote: »
    With Henderson out against arsenal will klopp start the Leicester 11?

He's very slow to drop people but still.

You have the Guildford 4, the Birmingham 6 and the Leicester 11.

Maybe its just me but I dont see what Milner adds to CM that we dont already have available, certainly not a commanding figure that will take control of a game.

I think Milner would use the ball better than Can or Stewart.

I think Milner would use the ball better than Can or Stewart.

Actually, yea you have a point there. Can is very sloppy on the ball lately. Maybe try Milner in Wij's role and Wij in Hendersons role? Is he capable? A change in formation is probably needed if Milner is coming back into CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Just a heads up to anyone that might be heading to the game tomorrow, Lime Street station is closed so expect delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Hmmmm....everyone seems to have forgot that Milner was rubbish in midfield. Odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just a heads up to anyone that might be heading to the game tomorrow, Lime Street station is closed so expect delays.

Yeah if you're coming into the city via train your best bet is probably bussing it from runcorn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement