Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

lol Origi did learn something off Mr Sturridge.

Don't pass to the player in the better position :)

Do you have to get a dig in at Sturridge, who has been great today, at every opportunity?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Do you have get a dig in at Sturridge, who has been great today, at every opportunity?

Himself and turdy do seem to have to do just that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

ebbsy wrote: »
    Need the rosary beads out now.

Amazing that we dropped 2 points away to Sunderland and 3 at home to Swansea.

Hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be hopeful tomorrow.

Squad depth has really hurt us. All I see is ads for new shirts and sponsorship deals etc but where are the quality players ?

Not with us that is for sure.

Told ye so !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    No - one said it has to be pretty or deserved.

Arsenal also doing what must be done.

Are we strong enough?

Yes! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Great performance from Sturridge and the away fans show their appreciation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Seeing Sturridge up front today emphasises how badly we need someone other than Firmino spearheading the attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just beat Middlesbrough, an already relegated team, at Anfield and we're in the CL. It can't be as easy as it sounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Job done reds. Fùcking Excellent 2nd half performance. Best since 1st half of the year. Sturridge simply our best CF even if he only plays 25% of games. Get it done next week lads please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

sword1 wrote: »
    Very confident we will win two games. We are in a great position with our fate in our own hands. Come on lads, have a positive outlook

Hmmm, one to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Origi was so poor today. Scored a tap in against a West Ham side who had completely given up. Sturridge was very good I thought. Yes a bit lazy but that's nothing we didn't know already.

On positive side, top 4 still in our hands and a nice boost for the goal difference :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Daniel looked really sharp for his cameo on Sunday , clearly has no long term future with us anymore , but still has plenty to offer at this level and I will be having a substantial bet on him scoring if he starts against West Ham.

Get in

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Get the absolute f?ck In!

Totally deserved.

Bring on boro,same starting 11, similar result please and a happy thread for a change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Seeing Sturridge up front today emphasises how badly we need someone other than Firmino spearheading the attack.

Yeah cos Fun Bobby leading the line has been such a disaster for the side hasn't it? 75 goals scored - Sturridge has 3 of them. What's needed first and foremost is wide attackers not a papermache centre forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Massive result. Absolutely massive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sturridge, prob his best game for us under Klopp? Coutinho was super too.......really strong performance.

Only change I'd make next weekend is bringing Firmino in for Origi if he's fit.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sturridge, prob his best game for us under Klopp? Coutinho was super too.......really strong performance.

Either this or Villareal yeah.

Yeah cos Fun Bobby leading the line has been such a disaster for the side hasn't it? 75 goals scored - Sturridge has 3 of them. What's needed first and foremost is wide attackers not a papermache centre forward.

Has been poor since Christmas.
    No one suggests Sturridge should lead the line but we need a proper striker.... Bobby isn't one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Delighted for Dirk Kuyt today. A hatrick to win the league for Feyenoord, their first since the 90's or something!

Over the moon with that. Just wasn't expecting West Ham to be so poor, especially after them doing Spurs. Couts brilliant. Sturridge? The debate reignites I feel. Stay or go? What he CAN offer was seriously on view today.

I'm sure Firmino will be leading the line again next season. With everybody fit and him up top we were the league's top scorers and flying up the table, get a replacement for Mane, get a proper LW so Coutinho can move central and we're good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We've been on the wrong end of games with fine margins this season so it's nice to see things go our way with Ayew's chance and the obvious penalty before the third goal at times in the game where it could've turned the tide.

Not much more than a decent performance except for Coutinho who was great even leaving out the goals and assists, and West Ham were on holidays, but decent stuff all the same.

Just one last push against Boro who are ****.

If it hadn't been for the purple patch in the last few months of last season it's quite possible that Sturridge wouldn't have stayed in the summer.

There's nothing he can do at this point to earn his place at the club.
    Scoring once every 3 months is simply not enough. Not enough for a lad on 150k and not enough for anyone who's a senior CF in the squad.

Anyone who thinks Origi isn't good enough should be doubly sure that Sturridge should have no place here. He contributes significanlty less without taking into account him being a salable asset, his wages, whether you can rely on him to turn up and that Origi might still develop into something half-decent.

Happy for him to get the goal today for his own sake as well as ours but I want him replaced with someone we can rely on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Great performance today. It took balls to go out and attack West Ham, particularly given Arsenal's win yesterday and recent poor results. Delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Serious questions need to be asked of them.

I'm monitoring them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm sure Firmino will be leading the line again next season. With everybody fit and him up top we were the league's top scorers and flying up the table, get a replacement for Mane, get a proper LW so Coutinho can move central and we're good.

Why not get a replacement for Mane, get a proper LW & get a replacement for Firmino ie a striker ?

Augeo wrote: »
    Why not get a replacement for Mane, get a proper LW & get a replacement for Firmino ie a striker ?

We'll probably bring someone in, but I'm positive Firmino will be the starting man up front next season.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Delighted for Dirk Kuyt today. A hatrick to win the league for Feyenoord, their first since the 90's or something!

Yep. Legend. 36 now. Brilliant achievement for him & Feyenoord. 1st title since 1999.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39915623

• Advertisement

We'll probably bring someone in, but I'm positive Firmino will be the starting man up front next season.

Not many teams go into CL with a 1 in 3 striker being their starting man up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Now I hope Spurs knock 7 shades of shyte out of Man Utd.

Just for the lulz like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Danny reminding people what he can do should help us sell him this summer

Augeo wrote: »
    Not many teams go into CL with a 1 in 3 striker being their starting man up front.

Last time we won it we started the final with exactly that ;)

Last time we won it we started the final with exactly that ;)

;););)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Just for the lulz like.

The 20 times chant is getting louder already so well underway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Colemania wrote: »
    Origi was so poor today. Scored a tap in against a West Ham side who had completely given up. :)

Poor is probably over egging it. He could easily have had a hat-trick. Thought he was a bit better than his recent performances to be fair.

Should have passed it to Sturridge at the end although Sturridge would probably have done the exact same as him and taken the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Firminho gettig some abuse but he had match winners at west brom and stoke in the last month.

vitlal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

One last game to go. And if you were hand picking a game to secure a top 4 finish this would be it. Last game of season at home to the bottom team.

I really hope the lads don't think the job is done after today. Regardless of who were are playing we are no where near consistent enough or indeed good enough to take anyone for granted .

However today's win Keeps pressure on Man City, Arsenal and keeps top 4 in our hands .

On a side note, I have to say I love Sturridge . He actually has it all to be the best in the PL only for either being made of chocolate or being mentally weak or both . His goal sent us on our way today .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Delighted with that result,great 2nd half was like we remembered how to play again,gini played well,coutinho loves his new role you can tell ,and what a breath of fresh air sturridge was great to see him play like that again.
    Cant wait to go to boro game nxt wk should surely be a buzz around the place now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

noodler wrote: »
    Firminho gettig some abuse but he had match winners at west brom and stoke in the last month.

vitlal

Think most posters see what he brings. One or two just seem to think slating him (and Origi) is a good way of praising Sturridge.

Think most posters see what he brings. One or two just seem to think slating him (and Origi) is a good way of praising Sturridge.

Jesus putting the contributions of origi and fun bobby in the same bracket is very harsh on the brazilian.

No, one or two wannabe amateur psychologists get that wrong, bud :);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

noodler wrote: »
    Jesus putting the contributions of origi and fun bobby in the same bracket is very harsh on the brazilian.

Bizarre that someone would interpret what I said that way.

............... One or two just seem to think slating him (and Origi) is a good way of praising Sturridge.
    Bizarre ...........

;)

One can and should be able to criticize Bobby without being accused of the criticism being a way of praising Sturridge.

Bizarre that someone would interpret what I said that way.

I thought you said other people were saying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

This thread sometimes;

Poster: Your Mum's great
    Thread: What's wrong with my Dad?

4-0. Be happy. I love you all, equally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just for the lulz like.

Would be funny, reading the super thread they were saying the match thread will be a sess pit and how it was full of Liverpool fans, went to look at it and it was a Man U fan having a dig at Liverpool lol making things up now like their manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

For the day that's in it.... :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement