Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Bizarre that someone would interpret what I said that way.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Delighted with that result,great 2nd half was like we remembered how to play again,gini played well,coutinho loves his new role you can tell ,and what a breath of fresh air sturridge was great to see him play like that again.
    Cant wait to go to boro game nxt wk should surely be a buzz around the place now

Until you show up to kill it*. :D;)

*Just kidding. Genuinely hope you enjoy it and we get the result we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

What a ball in from Spurs there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone have any bets on finishing ahead of utd. Im sure there were one or two here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

noodler wrote: »
    Firminho gettig some abuse but he had match winners at west brom and stoke in the last month.

vitlal

Firmino is not an 'inho'.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone have any bets on finishing ahead of utd. Im sure there were one or two here.

They bottled the whole season in the league. Moyes 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

murpho999 wrote: »
    Firmino is not an 'inho'.

You are entitled to your viewinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RoboKlopp wrote: »

They threw away the league to concentrate on winning the league cup and hope to win the Europa League

Firmino is quality.

Sturridge is quality when fit which is **** all so he needs to go.

Origi is pretty good. Still a long way to go but a good squad player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Firminho gettig some abuse but he had match winners at west brom and stoke in the last month.

vitlal

A piece of the puzzle, but not one you can rely on to be your CF every single week.

He's only scored 12 goals this season.

We need a lad who can do can do 1 in 2 or better and it's not just a pure numbers game.
    Lads who can do that score different kinds of goals to the players we have and we need that in our locker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gbear wrote: »
    A piece of the puzzle, but not one you can rely on to be your CF every single week.

He's only scored 12 goals this season.

We need a lad who can do can do 1 in 2 or better and it's not just a pure numbers game.
    Lads who can do that score different kinds of goals to the players we have and we need that in our locker.

Pretty great return for a non striker

Hmm, Utd get one back. Even a draw makes it a good Sunday evening still.

Pretty great return for a non striker

But he has mostly played as a striker.

It's not about a criticism of him but he shouldn't be playing there.

Firmino doesn't play as a regular striker, unless I've been watching a different Firmino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Firmino doesn't play as a regular striker, unless I've been watching a different Firmino.

He played CF for the majority of the season.

You can quibble over how orthodox he was but it's about the role filled in the side.
    Whether or not he'd cover the exact same blades of grass, the focal point of our attack needs to do better than 12 goals a season if we want to win something.

So it's just Pool, City and Arsenal vying for 2 CL spots via league qualification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Love seeing the likes of this.

Origi makes a young red very happy.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/863781339459452929

Bowlardo wrote: »
    He played CF for the majority of the season.

Again, I must have missed all these games. He's no more a CF than Karius is a top keeper.

We don't have a proper CF at the club. A serious issue going into next season that I'd be certain will be addressed in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Think I prefer Lallana's nearly goal of the season to Wij's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Think I prefer Lallana's nearly goal of the season to Wij's.

The one that cost Firmino £30k for the assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Remember when Matip hit the bar and we all thought we'd regret that chance, good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Remember when Matip hit the bar and we all thought we'd regret that chance, good times.

Yeah the auld crossbar brought back some old bitter memories today. Must have hit it four times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

They didn't want to win it anyway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'll post about the game in a bit...but first...

Dirk Kuyt.
    What a fúcking man and a half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When is Arsenal s game on hand ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

cjmc wrote: »

Tuesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

SlickRic wrote: »
    Tuesday night.

Not on to then ., and against Sunderland so no chance of a slip up:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

C_zHgscXUAEZHwA.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Four clean sheets in five games... who say that coming?

I just hope Klopp has the sense to start the same team on Sunday next, injuries permitting...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd keep sturridge still, I honestly don't see anyone paying big money for him. He looked the fittest today I've seen in ages, used a bit of pace for his goal too. I always say it but what a shame he can't stay fit.

Great performance today, klopp finally changed the stale setup that isn't creative without mane.

Coutinho was unreal, klopp reckons that will be his future role. You'd imagine klopp wants a left winger in the summer so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Well feck Origi and getting the 4th, had Sturridge and 3-0 scorecast at 40/1. However that was a humungous 3 points to get, delighted.

All the love for Kuyt but I have to say I'm also delighted for Brad Jones who also won the title.

https://twitter.com/Feyenoord/status/863772224762916864

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Coutinho will rightly get all the plaudits today but I thought Wijnaldum was outstanding today too. Kept it ticking over all game. I know West hams midfield wasn't up to much but he was quality for the 90mins. Been an excellent signing for us, just quietly goes about his business.

• Advertisement

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Coutinho will rightly get all the plaudits today but I thought Wijnaldum was outstanding today too. Kept it ticking over all game. I know West hams midfield wasn't up to much but he was quality for the 90mins. Been an excellent signing for us, just quietly goes about his business.

He for me has been consistently our best player this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

cjmc wrote: »

Man City is also worth looking at playing West Brom in there game in hand and then Watford next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Rafa showing his class...... again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Quick question and playing the devils advocat here .

Is one season in the CL ( stumbling over the line to finish 4th) enough to attract the calibre of player we need to consistently challenge in League and Europe ? Considering our pay structure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

daithijjj wrote: »
    Sure they do.

Problem is, it is highly unusual to be that good against the best in the league and that bad against the worst. It is indicative of 'higher' problems in the set up. Those problems can be debated. What cant be debated is the inconsistency, which breeds massive frustration. If we lost 4-0 tomorrow i wouldnt be surprised, if we won 4-0 i wouldnt be surprised.

The real issue for me, from what i see, is that there is a real lack of mental fortitude. There is a basic lack of intelligence and simply managing games.

Some people talk like taking this squad to CL football is a monumental achievement. If that was the case what the fu*k was last summers transfer window all about?. If we cant get the right players this summer where does all this end?. It's a massive summer regardless of CL football or not.

Never in doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

He for me has been consistently our best player this season.

He has put in some very good performances and contributed well to the movement and pressing of the side this year. However, this has been when the team were on top in games.

Next year hopefully he shows a bit more when our backs are against the wall and struggling in games. As there have been a number of games this season especially since January where Gini has hid a bit and didn't impose enough in midfield. But that shtick ya cant point at a few in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Is one season in the CL ( stumbling over the line to finish 4th) enough to attract the calibre of player we need to consistently challenge in League and Europe ? Considering our pay structure

I don't really care for the most part, we're not going to be after the big name players anyway, I just want to be in the Champions League to compete.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    He has put in some very good performances and contributed well to the movement and pressing of the side this year. However, this has been when the team were on top in games.

Next year hopefully he shows a bit more when our backs are against the wall and struggling in games. As there have been a number of games this season especially since January where Gini has hid a bit and didn't impose enough in midfield. But that shtick ya cant point at a few in fairness

He is the one player in the last 4/5 away games that put his foot on the ball and protected it towards the end of games these are little things that sometimes go unseen but are hugely important.

We need to win last game if Arsenal win their game in hand. A draw is no use, we need to win at home. We've played 12 time at home in all competitions this year, we have only managed 4 wins in total. It's really not over at all yet .
    You have to go back to the 1st of April to find the last time we won at home.

Rafa showing his class...... again.

Great guy but I do wish people would learn to turn their phones to landscape when making videos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who says it's one season? ;)

I think this line of thinking does not reflect the approach that Klopp (and FSG) will pursue - and what is the calibre of a player anyway? An expensive player or the right player? Plenty were sceptical about Mane for example, plenty still are about Firmino (mainly those who are traditionalists about what constitutes a forward!) anyone here really think spending Pogba money on say Pogba was a good idea for Man Utd? Not on the evidence of this season regardless of what he might do in the EL final. There will be plenty of money thrown about this summer but none of it on a blockbuster type signing and I'll be glad to avoid that type of thinking entirely. No one is fooled by that approach these days - I think so many big budget flops/semi flops have taken the shine off.

As for pay Coutinho is on 200k now isn't he? So it's creeping up but again Liverpool will never cough up a Zlatan type 350k wage.

We need to win last game if Arsenal win their game in hand. A draw is no use, we need to win at home. We've played 12 time at home in all competitions this year, we have only managed 4 wins in total. It's really not over at all yet .

How do you work out that we've played 12 times at home in all competitions at home when next week is the 19th league game?

We all know they need to win, and they will....comfortably.

EDIT: It's ok I get it now you said this year, not season. Apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'll post about the game in a bit...but first...

Dirk Kuyt.
    What a fúcking man and a half.

Hat-trick, gets over the 100 goal mark and gets the first title since 1999. He's a legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

How do you work out that we've played 12 times at home in all competitions at home when next week is the 19th league game?

EDIT: It's ok I get it now you said this year, not season. Apologies.

Probably talking about 2017.

This year, not this season.
    12 homes games this year and we are so poor at home this year compared to the first half of season.
    I hope we do win, but it's tough at home against teams that sit deep.
    I don't feel like we are there yet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement