Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Im prediciting Arsenal just flat out fail here. 0-0.
    noodler wrote: »
    Would we be confident of outscoring city if it finished 0-0 there?

Neither are very likely to finish 0-0, but they would be great results for us and I'd be delighted to take our chances on Sunday going for 3rd having to win by 1 more goal than City does (or better their result).

Edit: I'm not watching, but notice it's 2-0 to City now, so lol at my above post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Knex. wrote:
    I don't think there's any point playing Coutinho further back without having someone like Sturridge up top to make those runs.

Knex. wrote:
    Mane might be able to provide a similar outlet, though .

Coutinho is so good back there that a few forwards with movement and pace should be sought. It encourages teams that sit back to come out as you can't give coutinho time and space as West ham did as he will hurt you

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

anybody know if we are on the telly sunday sky/bt

locked 1 wrote: »

I don't think it's decided yet, but given that top 4 is the last thing to be decided we should definitely be one of the featured games I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If it stays like this we can play Rush and Fowler on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Don't do it to yourself Toby, won't finish scoreless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

I've been lathering on the anti-jinx lotion, we'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

16 years ago today we won the UEFA Cup.

If I didn't feel old already I do now.

16 years ago tomorrow I woke up in a hotel a few miles outside of Dortmund with what can only be described as Jagermeister poisoning. Fun times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Great goal from Arsenal there. Fairly inevitable.

tinpib wrote: »
    I've been lathering on the anti-jinx lotion, we'll be grand.

Fupp it, got what my smart-aleccy mouth deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just when you really want some movement from Borini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

5starpool wrote: »
    Don't do it to yourself Toby, won't finish scoreless.

Prick.

Mostly obvious handball ever and NO one sees it.

Knex. wrote: »
    Great goal from Arsenal there. Fairly inevitable.

If it's gonna be a win, let it stay at 1-0 with goal diff in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The Sunderland keeper looks like he will be very good. Playing brilliantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Eh, in case we lose to Boro and arsenal only draw to Everton?

Only situation where GD will come into it and fairly unlikely.

With Arsenal though we'd have to lose on Sunday and for them to draw on Sunday for it to go down to GD .
    That's not likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

People here talking about Defoe today are looking at the wrong end of the field.

It's Pickford we should be after. Would be around 6 nil to Arsenal tonight only for him.

noodler wrote: »
    Eh, in case we lose to Boro and arsenal only draw to Everton?

Only situation where GD will come into it and fairly unlikely.

Yep. If that gets us the CL spot, I'll happily accept it!

2-0 now though.....:(.

And over to netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

locked 1 wrote: »

TBA after tonight's games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Never mind dafoe , sign Pickford !!

TBA after tonight's games

Bound to be on, as the only issue left to decide and hype is the Sky Sports Greatest League In The World Top Four Trophy.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Bound to be on, as the only issue left to decide and hype is the Sky Sports Greatest League In The World Top Four Trophy.

I'm surprised they haven't had one manufactured from some bit of cheap tin lying around somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

To stoke the pessimism fire Middlesbrough have conceded 1 goal fewer away from home, 27, than Arsenal, 28, albeit with one game more played. They have only scored 10 though.

Liverpool have scored 42 at home which is fairly decent.

If City draw away to Watford (which they won't) we need a 3 goal win to get 3rd.

Any win is the priority though of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

tinpib wrote: »
    To stoke the pessimism fire Middlesbrough have conceded 1 goal fewer away from home, 27, than Arsenal, 28, albeit with one game more played. They have only scored 10 though.

Liverpool have scored 42 at home which is fairly decent.

They conceded 11 goals in their last 3 away games though.

Liverpool and Man City games on TV on Sunday then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fulham are out of the playoffs now after defeat to Reading, so no PL football for them next season seriously boosts our chances of taking Sessegnon off them, or at the very least shaves a couple million pounds off his pricetag.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Fulham are out of the playoffs now after defeat to Reading, so no PL football for them next season seriously boosts our chances of taking Sessegnon off them, or at the very least shaves a couple million pounds off his pricetag.

I doubt someone that age is an immediate solution to any left back stuff though, unless the plan is to play Milner there again mainly and have Sessegnon play about 10-15 games. There will be lots of competition for him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Ah well. 5 days of stressing it is. Any other season I'd be totally confident of beating a relegated team at home. This year though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I doubt someone that age is an immediate solution to any left back stuff though, unless the plan is to play Milner there again mainly and have Sessegnon play about 10-15 games. There will be lots of competition for him though.

Seems like getting guys at 16 is really our only chance at securing absolute top level talent these days, so I hope we just go get it done. He really is scary good for his age. Still don't really see him as a left back, unless it's with a back 3 behind him, but he's a good enough footballer that we can figure out his best position for us later.

Shirley Southampton would like Sakho and 10 million for Vertigo Van Dick . It would be a decent trade.
    Southampton have a tendency though to receive big money instead of trades, and replace a player with a very small amount of that money they receive through sales. On paper though it would be an ideal trade for everyone.

I think you kind of answered your own question there... They'd almost certainly rather simply get 50m cash (which they will from chelsea or City it looks like), buy a 15 - 20m replacment, and strengthen elsewhere with the other 30-35m. I also just don't think Sakho would go there.

Milkers wrote: »
    This Defoe/Origi debate is really bizarre. Can you imagine either of them in the Chelsea squad? Neither of them is good enough, look elsewhere if the ambition really is to win the league under Klopp.

I'd certainly have Origi - our 3rd choice - over Batshuayi anyway, who's their second choice. Origi seems to be ahead of him in the international pecking order too. And is a year younger.

What I want up front next year is to go for the best striker we can possibly get. Then have Firmino as a central option in certain systems, then Origi, and then another backup option that adds another dimension, ideally an experienced authoritative big man who can win balls in the air consistently. If we keep Ings, i'd like him to get a half season loan to begin with at least to find his feet again and see what level he's at now.

Sturridge can still be there perhaps, but we should plan our other 4 options as if he doesn't exist. He can be like a wildcard player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I doubt Monaco imagined Kylian Mbappé was a solution to their goalscoring issues (they scored around 50 fewer goals last season) at his age either despite his clear talent when they brought him through, but look how that turned out. You just can't say for sure he isn't a solution when the quality is clearly there, just like I can't say for sure he'd fit in seamlessly . I'm not a big watcher of the championship unless Newcastle are playing but the odd bit I've seen from this lad he looked unbelievable. I do hope if we sign him it's along with another first team left back because I don't see Sessegnon playing that position in a few years time. I think he'll develop into a an out-and-out winger and a very good one at that.

Regardless of his short term suitability for us, he's one of the most highly spoken of English players outside of the PL and I'd hate for us to miss out on another one of those after letting Dele Alli slip through our fingers.

Oh I'm definitely hopeful we sign him, don't get me wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

brevity wrote: »

Tbh I'd almost be happier with just taking the playoff against Arsenal right now rather than play the matches on Sunday! I know I'll probably sound stupid on Sunday for saying that but before the West Ham game I joked about how it would be the Liverpool Way to trounce West Ham and then draw at home to Boro. Now I'm kinda getting the fear... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Why are Sky wasting showing the "Ireland" premier league live game on Chelsea??

They could have shown the Arsenal match so we would have City Arsenal and Liverpool all on TV

Mr.H wrote: »
    Why are Sky wasting showing the "Ireland" premier league live game on Chelsea??

They could have shown the Arsenal match so we would have City Arsenal and Liverpool all on TV

Maybe the have hit their Arsenal max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Linked with lacetez, I know the spelling is wrong, in the papers again

Max Arse

• Advertisement

sword1 wrote: »

Spelling looks fine to me.

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/864582882446254080

Would've thought utd had that record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Charlie19 wrote: »

Ah, they didn't want it anyway.......

Charlie19 wrote: »

When you factor in the Ireland only games on top, there have been very few where we've had to resort to other measures this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

So to have a chance of nicking 3rd we need City to lose at Watford and we win or City draw at Watford and we beat Boro by 3 clear goals.

A play off could happen. Will happen one day and it could be Sunday that it happens.
    I would not fear it, we'd beat both City and Arsenal in a play-off.
    Liverpool 3-0 Middlesbrough; Watford 3-3 Man City – 3rd-place play-off

Liverpool 0-2 Middlesbrough; Arsenal 1-1 Everton - 4th place play-off

When you factor in the Ireland only games on top, there have been very few where we've had to resort to other measures this season.

I actually wouldn't have known how many games were live this season, I've been watching the games mostly through NBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

sword1 wrote: »

Thought he was off to Aleti?

Any talk of Tierney at Celtic? Looks a good left back in what I've seen of him.

Thought he was off to Aleti?

Any talk of Tierney at Celtic? Looks a good left back in what I've seen of him.

I don't watch the Scottish football but co-incidentally, a lad in work does and was raving about Tierney and is convinced he's the real deal and will go to the premiership soon.

Is he that good?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement