Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

murpho999 wrote: »
    Thought he was off to Aleti?

Any talk of Tierney at Celtic? Looks a good left back in what I've seen of him.

I don't watch the Scottish football but co-incidentally, a lad in work does and was raving about Tierney and is convinced he's the real deal and will go to the premiership soon.

Is he that good?

Looks a talented player, good going forward, solid in defence. Probably needs to bulk up a bit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Summer 2018: Liverpool told they will have to pay £45m for Southampton's Kieran Tierney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Seen Tierney a bit. Neat & tidy but I don't think he is ready for a top 10 PL club so certaintly not a player we should be signing for a big fee. SPL is League 1 level.

If we really want a top quality LB we should go for Mendy. Emerson at Roma is another very good LB as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

MD1990 wrote: »
    Seen Tierney a bit. Neat & tidy but I don't think he is ready for a top 10 PL club so certaintly not a player we should be signing for a big fee. SPL is League 1 level.

If we really want a top quality LB we should go for Mendy. Emerson at Roma is another very good LB as well.

Sign him and loan him out? Saves another van Dijk situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mendy has some cross on him all right, would be on board with that signing. Reckon he would be expensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Charlie19 wrote: »

This is the 1st season with 29 as the maximum a team can be shown in the UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

In fairness, Celtic play at high at higher level, Champion's League etc.

They can have good players , van Dijk was signed from there that we'd love to see at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Haven't won at Anfield since April 1st. Middlesbrough have drawn more away games than anyone, it's what they do. Their draws at home and away have been the backbone of their season, it has given them a lot of points, not enough in the end but a fighting chance that they lost of course in the end.
    Will they forget their approach to game and Sunday and not play 28 men behind they ball, doubt it.
    Had we just beating Palace we'd be done with the race.

• Advertisement

It's grand, lads. Everton will do us a favour v Arsenal.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sappy404 wrote: »
    It's grand, lads. Everton will do us a favour v Arsenal.

giphy.gif

Everton have nothing to play for :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Liverpool will draw and Arsenal will draw thus ending the most mediocre CL qualifying campaign in recent years.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Everton have nothing to play for :(

Do they ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Well feck Origi and getting the 4th, had Sturridge and 3-0 scorecast at 40/1. However that was a humungous 3 points to get, delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Palace keen to pay for 30mill rated Sakho according to fact-based British newspaper The Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4513696/Crystal-Palace-keen-sign-Liverpool-s-Mamadou-Sakho.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Anyone else having reservations about the ghostly spectre of Stewart Downing looming over Anfield this Sunday... no league goals or assists playing for us... knowing us it'd be a nice way to tie up the season!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Haven't won at Anfield since April 1st. Middlesbrough have drawn more away games than anyone, it's what they do. Their draws at home and away have been the backbone of their season, it has given them a lot of points, not enough in the end but a fighting chance that they lost of course in the end.
    Will they forget their approach to game and Sunday and not play 28 men behind they ball, doubt it.
    Had we just beating Palace we'd be done with the race.

Well they conceded 11 goals in their last 3 away games. Thrashed by Chelsea, Bournemouth and Hull. Thats when they actually had to win points.

tinpib wrote: »
    Palace keen to pay for 30mill rated Sakho according to fact-based British newspaper The Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4513696/Crystal-Palace-keen-sign-Liverpool-s-Mamadou-Sakho.html

No disrespect to Palace, but if they are willing to pay £30m for Sakho, then Liverpool spending £50m on van Dijk does not seem that crazy.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Anyone else having reservations about the ghostly spectre of Stewart Downing looming over Anfield this Sunday... no league goals or assists playing for us... knowing us it'd be a nice way to tie up the season!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Relax, Liverpool will win comfortably on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Off the top of my head he scored against Spurs and provided an assist for Sturridge against Norwich(?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

He had 3 goals and 5 assists in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

No disrespect to Palace, but if they are willing to pay £30m for Sakho, then Liverpool spending £50m on van Dijk does not seem that crazy.

Sakho is well worth £30m in todays market. Well worth it. Id actually prefer to keep Sakho then buy Van Dijk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Probably a chance behind the scenes Boro have been given some sort of financial incentive to throw the game at the weekend.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Probably a chance behind the scenes Boro have been given some sort of financial incentive to throw the game at the weekend.

"Probably "

It's a conspiracy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Sakho is well worth £30m in todays market. Well worth it. Id actually prefer to keep Sakho then buy Van Dijk.

So we'd have Sakho, van Dijk, Matip and Lovren?? We'd be stacked at CB, which is a plus! But an awful waste of 50 million without getting the 30 million from the sakho sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

NukaCola wrote: »
    He had 3 goals and 5 assists in the league.

Did he?? Must have completely blanked that from my mind. I only remember his first season where he did f*ck all.. Seriously. I cant remember his second season. :confused:

Probably better off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

hefferboi wrote: »

So we'd have Sakho, van Dijk, Matip and Lovren?? We'd be stacked at CB, which is a plus! But an awful waste of 50 million without getting the 30 million from the sakho sale!
    I thought he wrote 'then' instead of 'than' by mistake. I thought he preferred Sakho over Van Dijk?

Are you suggesting "throw" it as in underperform?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

hefferboi wrote: »

Well, no.

It would be Sakho, Matip, Lovren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

https://twitter.com/feyenoord_int/status/864857987718012928

One of my favourite players to ever pull on a Liverpool shirt. Don't care that his trophy haul with us wasn't bigger, he was an absolute legend for the club and I'm sure the same will be said of him at Feyenoord.

Dank je Dirk. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

7e3.jpg

That's not the point. The idea that Palace are willing to spend £30m on a centre back shows how much money is around and £50m for van Dijk is not that muc.

Also, van Dijk is a much better player than Sakho, and he will go to City, Chelsea or Utd.

Think we will miss out but he is top class.

eyerer wrote: »
    I thought he wrote 'then' instead of 'than' by mistake. I thought he preferred Sakho over Van Dijk?

That's it. Woopsie.

Also, van Dijk is a much better player than Sakho

We will have to agree to disagree.

We will have to agree to disagree.

So Sakho is rejected by Klopp and most likely signed by Crystal Palace who were almost relegated.

Whilst van Dijk is on the radar of the top clubs, most likely going to the champions Chelsea, and you still think Sakho is better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Charlie19 wrote: »

Add in the 4 on Sky Sports 5 Ireland that was 33 games on TV in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

An internet victory point for the first person to name those 5 non-tv games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

An internet victory point for the first person to name those 5 non-tv games.

Hull
    Bournemouth
    Middlesbrough
    Sunderland x 2
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

martyos121 wrote: »

One of my favourite players to ever pull on a Liverpool shirt. Don't care that his trophy haul with us wasn't bigger, he was an absolute legend for the club and I'm sure the same will be said of him at Feyenoord.

Selfless player, always gave his all. He was a big game player for us too.

I'll fondly remember his combined 3 yard hat trick at anfield against United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

paulie21 wrote: »
    Hull
    Bournemouth
    Middlesbrough
    Sunderland x 2
    :D

Congrats. You win yourself an unedited 'highlight' package of our recent 0-0 victory over Southampton.

rob316 wrote: »
    Selfless player, always gave his all. He was a big game player for us too.

I'll fondly remember his combined 3 yard hat trick at anfield against United.

As a club, we have a knack of players scoring weird hat-tricks come to think of it. Gerrard got the set piece hat-trick against Villa in 2009, and Suarez scored a hat-trick of half-volleys against Norwich in 2013.

A pointless but funny little nugget of history. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Played his last match last Sunday because of Vilhena's suspension.
    He scored a hat trick that won Feyenoord the league, breaking the 100 goals for Feyenoord at the same time.

An end of an carreer you can only dream of.

It'll be Origi's 50th league game for Liverpool already, if/when he plays on Sunday. That's good going for a player his age.

At times I think his ceiling is more Heskey than it is a more natural goal scorer, but he's still only 22. So despite frustrating the **** outta me with his recent performances, its still possibly that we have a very good player on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

As a club, we have a knack of players scoring weird hat-tricks come to think of it. Gerrard got the set piece hat-trick against Villa in 2009, and Suarez scored a hat-trick of half-volleys against Norwich in 2013.

A pointless but funny little nugget of history. :)

Dont forget the 'perfect' hat trick by Crouch.

Dont forget the 'perfect' hat trick by Crouch.

Made even more perfect by the team on the other end of it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

inforfun wrote: »
    Played his last match last Sunday because of Vilhena's suspension.
    He scored a hat trick that won Feyenoord the league, breaking the 100 goals for Feyenoord at the same time.

An end of an carreer you can only dream of.

Carlsberg don't do ends to football careers...but if they did :D ^^^^^

So happy for him. Was never the most talented player in our team but nobody ever outworked or outfought him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Molby's hat trick of penalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Couldn't trap bag of cement, more shins than a Tokyo phone book but ran to the last whistle, scored some big goals including two hat-tricks which will go down in Liverpool and Feyenoord legend and clearly a very good fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Molby's hat trick of penalties.

Such a shame Gerrard hit the post with his 3rd penalty vs Utd a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So mad that these are pretty close to the figures for Carroll and Torres only a few years ago, which were record breaking, earth shattering transfers. And now they're what centre-backs cost.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement