Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    Would love to see Milner back in Midfield. Need a commanding figure in there.

He has never been that for us in the games he's played there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Milner's best games for us were as a right winger late last season IMO.
    Played some great games there in the Europa especially.
    If we were switching to a 3-5-2/3-4-3 set-up, I'd have him as the right wing back - use his defensive and offensive abilities there.
    Wouldn't be mad about putting him back in the centre, really. Think we have better options there.

If someone in midfield could feed the ball to Mane adequately when the time is right we don't need the right wing back really. I reckon milner could do that in CM.

Fair enough he hasn't been a great CM for us when he played there but we never had a winger then either.

5starpool wrote: »
    Surely you'd be laying the crap out of that. We're not out of the race, but 11/8 is far too stingy.
    Augeo wrote: »
    Horse bolted sort of thing, we were too short a few games ago IMO

11/10 now.... betting wise us, Utd & arsenal fighting it out for 4th. We are biggest priced of the 3.

City 2/11 & spurs 1/3.

The 11/8 immediately after Leicester game didn't last too long... not too many willing to lay at that price :)

Looks like we are expected (betting market) to return to 2ppg soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Honestly what we are missing this season is Sakho delivering the ball out from defence at pace for our midfield/attackers who are ready on the half turn.

I'd say Mane would love a ball coming at him with pace for him to run onto.

Way too many sideways and backwards passes and nothing at pace in this team Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana & Mane who all thrive off the pace of a ball to there feet.

Sakho's aggression is also being missed.

Sakho isn't the total answer to what is missing from this team but adding him to it would have improved us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sakho is the total answer to what is missing from this team but adding him to it would have improved us.

Bang your head? :pac: If Sakho was the total answer Liverpool wouldn't be in the slump they're in.

Bang your head? :pac: If Sakho was the total answer Liverpool would ;) be in the slump they're in.

leaving out an n't really does change everything :P

Phew! :D Really thought you'd gone 'full retard' there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/837654316458651648

Didn't think it was possible to get injured in a rehab session.

Don't think Sturridge will do much when he leaves in the summer his body won't sustain playing more regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Well I think the some on here have proved the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" Sakho was never very consistent add to that his antics off the pitch and he's lucky to be at CP imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You nearly have to admire Sturridge at this stage. Just when you think he can't possibly get any more injured....

mp,220x200,matte,ffffff,t-pad,220x200,ffffff.3u3.jpg

Only Sturridge (as a professional sportsman) could be laid low by flu for three weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I said Sturridge would play less than 200 more minutes for Liverpool back in Jan. I was dismissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I said Sturridge would play less than 200 more minutes for Liverpool back in Jan. I was dismissed.
    Does Xbox count?

_________ _Mig_________

___Cylne___Matip___Gomez___

__________Can____________

Milner_______________Wijnal___

_________Lalanna__________

Mane_____________Coutinho_

_________Firmino____________

Kill em that way .

Gomez played 90mins on Tuesday and it's time he got a start.

Yet your still here? You say alot of things tbf.

Yet your still here? You say alot of things tbf.

As soon as we got knocked out of both cups it was hard to see him get game time, unless we had injury problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well I think the some on here have proved the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" Sakho was never very consistent add to that his antics off the pitch and he's lucky to be at CP imo.

Still take him above any of our other centre-halves bar Matip. And even he's looked shaky himself lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

MD1990 wrote: »

Don't think Sturridge will do much when he leaves in the summer his body won't sustain playing more regularly.

If you were writing a sitcom on Daniel Sturridge's career. Getting the flu during warm weather training and getting injured doing injury rehab would have to be included.

Still take him above any of our other centre-halves bar Matip. And even he's looked shaky himself lately.

Well I disagree, but he's not an option now so we may aswell forget about him atleast until the summer, It will be interesting to see how he gets on at CP, I would hope he does well so he may have some value in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

5starpool wrote: »
    Presser on today I assume? I didn't hear of it being on yesterday anyhow (when it normally would for a Saturday game) so I presume it's on today?

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Only Sturridge (as a professional sportsman) could be laid low by flu for three weeks.

I got a viral infection of my glands last year around this time and was ****ed for weeks. Some 'flu' viruses are worse than other.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I got a viral infection of my glands last year around this time and was ****ed for weeks. Some 'flu' viruses are worse than other.

Yes but that's you, I'd give you a free pass as you probably wouldn't spend 4 months of the year in traction because you got out of bed too quickly one morning. Whereas with Sturridge that really could happen on any morning :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He went down injured on Monday
    Picked up the flu on Tuesday
    He was getting scans on Wednesday
    And on Thursday and Friday and Saturday pain pills on Sunday

Don't think it'll catch on in the Kop unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

martyos121 wrote: »
    He went down injured on Monday
    Picked up the flu on Tuesday
    He was getting scans on Wednesday
    And on Thursday and Friday and Saturday pain pills on Sunday

Don't think it'll catch on in the Kop unfortunately.

Probably done before but the Erasure song springs to mind....Where? where? where were you?....

So annoyed he's injured when we need a finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Milner is probably a leader in the example he sets but none of Leiva, Lallana or Milner are great talkers on the pitch. Maybe Milner to an extent.

Hendo actually tells people what to do, congratulates players on a good tackle or run and gives a bollocking when someone screws up. More leaders needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

At this stage Sturridge is like an aul injury prone horse that should be shot and put out of its misery.

Oh dear, our moral high horse has just been shot! :mad:
    The ECHO understands that members of the Saudi royal family will be guests tomorrow at the Liverpool v Arsenal game, but any investment deal set to be announced does not involve a stake in the football club but a link-up with club kit providers New Balance.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/saudi-investment-agreement-announced-liverpool-12687560

Call me old fashioned but this is just what I don't want, everyone knows about the Saudi's funding of Wahhabi terrorism (which they say they have stopped) and the club doesn't need their money not even when filtered through New Balance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Oh dear, our moral high horse has just been shot! :mad:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/saudi-investment-agreement-announced-liverpool-12687560

Call me old fashioned but this is just what I don't want, everyone knows about the Saudi's funding of Wahhabi terrorism (which they say they have stopped) and the club doesn't need their money not even when filtered through New Balance.

Of all the Middle Eastern countries I didn't want to have anything to do with Liverpool Saudi Arabia is no.1

To be fair you'd have a hard time finding one that's remotely acceptable on any grounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

To be fair you'd have a hard time finding one that's remotely acceptable on any grounds.

Id say it's hard to find any country that isn't currently as corrupt as **** and exploitative of other places or one that doesn't have a history of such.

Hmm Saudi's history of funding extreme Islam and it's use of religious policing within the kingdom is worst than most by a large measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Id say it's hard to find any country that isn't currently as corrupt as **** and exploitative of other places or one that doesn't have a history of such.

There's a massive difference between giving money to a private enterprise from a country who once did a bad thing and directly giving money to a state who will use that money to spread terrorisim and associated dangerous bull**** on an industrial scale because of some childish false equivalent about how "the man" is all one and the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Aw Jaysus lads give over with the left-wing hypocrisy will ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Piss is boiling like a ****ing kettle at the thought of cosying up to those murderous ****ing *****.

Was Shanks a left wing hypocrite? Paisley fought facists in a ****ing tank. Go love yourself, if you have a problem with having a problem with the scum of the House of Saud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If they have scrooge mcduck sums of money and finally sign the callibre of player that matches the club i couldnt give a **** about their politics. Hopefully fsg sell up i have no faith in them

How long before the Moose has his exclusive sources tell him the Arabs are going to buy Liverpool before Easter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

MD1990 wrote: »

That made me laugh :D

• Advertisement

Corwill, your new avatar is disturbing.

How long before the Moose has his exclusive sources tell him the Arabs are going to buy Liverpool before Easter.

Ramadan surely? (begins May 27th this year everyone - get used to it!)

J Mysterio wrote: »

Mission accomplished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

J, so is your grammar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

One of the things I hate about football is the necessity of massive money (Leicester last year aside), success is directly proportional to players wages iirc. I mean Rooney is on 300k a week ffs. It's a sham and the only way to compete is to get a rich gangster to buy the club... **** that..
    If I do lose interest in football in the future this is likely to be the number 1 reason (honourable mention to bus parking 'tactics' :P)

mosstin wrote: »
    J, so is your grammar.

200_s.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

200_s.gif

Ninja edit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ricero wrote: »
    If they have scrooge mcduck sums of money and finally sign the callibre of player that matches the club i couldnt give a **** about their politics. Hopefully fsg sell up i have no faith in them

I feel exactly the opposite of this.

Winning a few more games of football means **** all compared to actively supporting and profiting a frankly horrendous regime.

At the end of the day the results of football matches don't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

You may be supporting the wrong club there, mick.

Liverpool FC has a long, long history of being a leftist club and proud of it, too.

Remember Thicksin Terrorhawks fella? He got run out of town

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement