Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ashley Young may have to retire in the summer.

Along with Ibra, and Rashford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Ibra is a hard man martial artist isn't he? No way would he dive, he's way too tough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

ah come on Rashford was jumping out of the way to avoid contact :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lucas has provided three of my favourite moments from this season

- His assist against Liverpool against Leicester

- His tribute dive

- His goal in the League Cup

Everyone salute Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

His assist for Can will standout more for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lucas has provided three of my favourite moments from this season

- His assist against Liverpool against Leicester

- His tribute dive

- His goal in the League Cup

Everyone salute Lucas.

Ahh the Vardy goal that should have been disallowed

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That Lucas dive was so rubbish there was no chance it'd ever fool a ref and be given anything that would warrant review and sanctions afterwards.

As part of this they should review all yellows for diving too and rescind those that weren't actually dives. They won't though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Augeo wrote: »
    Jamie Carragher Tweeted: More problems for Man Utd next season

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057742335
    :pac:
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Oi Oi! ;)
    CTLes8t.jpg
    Ashley Young may have to retire in the summer.
    Ah poor ole Lucas.
    Have to make allowances for Lucas to be fair.

Every team as a reputed diver or moments when someone dived so blantantly it was undeniable. It's gotten to the point when someone on your own team dives you cringe and look away hoping no one noticed or is going to make a big deal of it. Kinda like farting at the dinner table.

The ****e pulled by Lucas and Young is exactly the ****e that will hopefully get stemped out damn ****ing early on.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

The Spanish chap is their worse diver,very bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The Spanish chap is their worse diver,very bad

Which one are you talking about, Herrera or De Gea? They both dive an equal amount from what I've seen.

• Advertisement

Round up

England play Spain at 7 PM in the Euro U17 finals, Rhian Brewster should play a part.

Joel Matips international career is now officially over according to the Cameroon manager.

Coutinho in Brazil squad for end of season games against Australia and Argentina

Taiwo Awoniyi who plays on loan at NEC in Netherlands has suddenly started getting games and goals - they play the second leg of a relegation/promotion play off this weekend but are 3-1 up from the first game so should stay up.

I'll have a go at the end of season loan report at some point - if the UEFA rules are fulfilled Andre Wisdom could be playing CL football next season with RB Salzburg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Round up

England play Spain at 7 PM in the Euro U17 finals, Rhian Brewster should play a part.

Joel Matips international career is now officially over according to the Cameroon manager.

Coutinho in Brazil squad for end of season games against Australia and Argentina

Taiwo Awoniyi who plays on loan at NEC in Netherlands has suddenly started getting games and goals - they play the second leg of a relegation/promotion play off this weekend but are 3-1 up from the first game so should stay up.

I'll have a go at the end of season loan report at some point - if the UEFA rules are fulfilled Andre Wisdom could be playing CL football next season with RB Salzburg.

Best bit of business we've done since signing Mbappe and Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Knex. wrote: »
    Best bit of business we've done since signing Mbappe and Sanchez.

Shame we benched Sanchez for not being good enough, I think we should give him a run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Maybe under the current manager it is but any incoming Cameroon manager will be entitled to select Matip regardless of whether he has declared himself retired from international football or whether a previous manager has stated Matip will never again be selected for Cameroon.

I suspect the next manager will be cognisant of the situation and not rock the boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Carroll.gif

A favourite dive of mine, it's execution was comedy gold/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Carroll.gif

A favourite dive of mine, it's execution was comedy gold/

Why didn't he just kick it into the goal? He had rounded the keeper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

brevity wrote: »
    Why didn't he just kick it into the goal? He had rounded the keeper...

Yeah... it was like he was just terrified of scoring against Newcastle.

Youth player Adam Phillips has been released, according to the club.

I know he had a bad spell of injuries to do with his back so that must've really hurt his chances of ever breaking through.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »

I know he had a bad spell of injuries to do with his back so that must've really hurt his chances of ever breaking through.

So highly thought of as well. Rhian Brewster is front and centre for England v Spain it's 1-0 to the whites who are wearing blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So after signing MMMBop we are now after another Monaco player Bakayoko.

Jasus we're having some summer already.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/liverpool-contacts-proceed-for-sessegnon-but-mendy-remains-the-priority
    The objective for Liverpool will be to strengthen the left wing. So far, the names that are being looked into are that of Sessegnon and Mendy. The Monaco player however will remain the priority, and the attention will only shift to Fulham player Ryan Sessegnon after their first pick will not be a viable option anymore. The path that would bring Liverpool to Mendy is one filled with more obstacles compared to Sessegnon, but the reds will nonetheless try and bring home the French youngster class of 1994.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Ahh the Vardy goal that should have been disallowed

Some people would do anything to rob him of a rare assist.

Monaco to become our new Southampton **** just give them all out transfer kitty.

If we do get that Monaco left back, one of our problem positions would certainly be on the mend..........y.

I'll see myself out.

• Advertisement

Monaco to become our new Southampton **** just give them all out transfer kitty.

Although, during transfer negotiations Monaco are more likely to surrender under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Honestly it'd be cheaper for us to just buy Southampton if we pay them over £40m for Van Dijk.
    I'm already conceding that we won't get him or Mendy. Too much competition with bigger purses.
    Sessegnon has played about 25 senior games so it's a big step up to us. Unlike Mendy who is a starter Sessegnon would likely be slowly introduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

How could you???

tumblr_nfkkrsqEDF1tw5bhko1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ERG89 wrote: »
    Honestly it'd be cheaper for us to just buy Southampton if we pay them over ?40m for Van Dijk.
    I'm already conceding that we won't get him or Mendy. Too much competition with bigger purses.
    Sessegnon has played about 25 senior games so it's a big step up to us. Unlike Mendy who is a starter Sessegnon would likely be slowly introduced.

I think Sessegnon should just be looked at as a bonus player - don't buy him to specifically fill a starting role, just buy him because he's great, and young, and we can figure out if he's a fullback/wingback/winger/wingforward/number ten later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If we do get that Monaco left back, one of our problem positions would certainly be on the mend..........y.

I'll see myself out.

Let's take a good luck at this here pun...

tumblr_mw5lz5WuSL1qjjhbco3_r1_250.gif

• Advertisement

OMG Brewster hit the post and it came out in the England v Spain final peno shoot out. Followed by a far worse peno. Spain win the U17s 4-1 on penos after 2-2 FT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think Sessegnon should just be looked at as a bonus player - don't buy him to specifically fill a starting role, just buy him because he's great, and young, and we can figure out if he's a fullback/wingback/winger/wingforward/number ten later.

We need two LBs. He'd be good for one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yeah... it was like he was just terrified of scoring against Newcastle.

Wouldn't be the first time Andy bottled it

I'll see myself out.

Agh.....thats terrible! :pac:

Markovic is back after his Hull loan.....

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/865535193150390273

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

OMG Brewster hit the post and it came out in the England v Spain final peno shoot out. Followed by a far worse peno. Spain win the U17s 4-1 on penos after 2-2 FT
    It's kind of tragic just how awful England are at penalty shootouts. They really need to get someone in to sort it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Another promising talent falls through the cracks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ojo only coming on as a sub for England u20s.

Probably best for him he is loaned or sold in the summer.

Ojo only coming on as a sub for England u20s.

Probably best for him he is loaned or sold in the summer.

Has be been injured this season, seemed to be on the brink 12 months ago match day squad wise for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Has be been injured this season, seemed to be on the brink 12 months ago match day squad wise for us.

I thought his performances last season were a bit overrated. Had some good moments in games but his overall play was poor.

• Advertisement

Just saw that Firmino is a doubt for the game tomorrow, I really hope that if he's fit Klopp will still go with Sturridge up top, he was excellent last week, making very intelligent runs, he has a brilliant forwards instinct whereas Origi is still pretty raw and can be caught on his heels a fair bit.

So if Firmino comes in then Origi should be out imo, I fear it was Bobbys injury last week that forced Klopp into playing Sturridge, I guess we will never know but everyone was crying out for Danny to start and I just wonder whether Klopp would have stubbornly persisted with Origi if it wasn't for the injury.

.....................................Can...Wiji..................
    .......................................Cout...........
    .......................Lallana......................Firmino.....
    ....................................Sturridge.................

Lallana and Firmino don't need to stick out wide they can play right across that line and interchange regularly.

Which is it then? In out or shake it all about?

Which is it then? In out or shake it all about?

If he's fit (Firmino) then come in for Origi not Sturridge imo.

Let the Memes begin.

This is a class picture.
    XMnVl9z.jpg

I just found out I'll be missing the match tomorrow. The youngest lad has a soccer blitz on at 2.30:rolleyes:

Bugger:mad:

I hope that was just co-incidence and a sharp eyed photographer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I hope that was just co-incidence and a sharp eyed photographer.

Well, if it's staged then it's up there with Rodgers' framed portrait of himself. I very much doubt Klopp would willingly pose like that knowing how he'd be setting himself up.

I just found out I'll be missing the match tomorrow. The youngest lad has a soccer blitz on at 2.30:rolleyes:

Bugger:mad:

Call in dead?

Can someone else take him? I'm sure he'll understand you have more important things on! :D

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Call in dead?
    I was thinking of doing a 'Stephen Ireland' and killing off a granny.

You can have 3 grannies, right?:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement