Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sell 8 players (two of which are 100% staying at Liverpool and rightfully so) to buy 2 players for a season where we'll be playing far more games than we did this year.

My thinking was some of the younger players are coming through and could replace the likes of Moreno, and Klavan so on, players like Trent and Gomez....

5starpool wrote: »
    You seem to have picked out those valuations from a random generator. 23m for Ings? On what basis?

He would keep a newly promoted side in the league. That is only basic and a real one. It would be cheap at 23 million to guarantee survival ,or at least give a club a great chance to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Origi 20 million
    Sturridge 20 million
    Moreno 15 million
    Lucas 15 million
    Henderson 20 million
    Stewart 10 million
    Klavan 7 million
    Ings 23 million

130 million of deadwood. We must have 100 million to spend also
    That is 230 million to buy a striker and a quality midfielder.
    What is so complicated about it.

You are ignoring the fact that the agent's and player's, solicitors etc are taking a major part of the selling fee, I am afraid the net spend is far from net spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Satisfactory end to the season.

Finishing ahead of Utd and Arsenal is a good achievement.

To do it without Mané for 10 games is an even better achievement.

Roll on August.

Not bad for a team that is apparently worse than the team that finished 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Origi 20 million
    Sturridge 20 million
    Moreno 15 million
    Lucas 15 million
    Henderson 20 million
    Stewart 10 million
    Klavan 7 million
    Ings 23 million

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Which two out of curiosity?

Hendo and Origi?

spot on.

Not bad for a team that is apparently worse than the team that finished 7

Yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

spot on.

Would agree, think Hendo is facing a battle next season though, both to stay fit and to reinsert himself as first choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

He would keep a newly promoted side in the league. That is only basic and a real one. It would be cheap at 23 million to guarantee survival ,or at least give a club a great chance to.

You're mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Just a quick word on Brendan Rodgers, say what you will about the Scottish League - going through the league season unbeaten is a phenomenal achievement .

I genuinely think he is a top manager

Definitely need a central midfielder regardless of Hendersons fitness.

Could play 10 - 15 extra games next season. Need a big squad.

Hopefully we announce signings very soon.

My worry would be waiting to see how we can get on in the qualifying round before spending our lot. It's bound to be a factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Origi 20 million

I wouldn't call Origi deadwood, the guy scored 2 goals less than Mané with less game time so lets cut him a bit of slack.

Just a quick word on Brendan Rodgers, say what you will about the Scottish League - going through the league season unbeaten is a phenomenal achievement .

Kolo also part of another invincibles?

Surely Origi is the perfect squad player.

Scores goals, is a pretty solid player. Still young but has a lot of experience already.

I'm still not convinced he's going to be a superstar but no way I'd be getting rid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Definitely don't see Hendo as a starter next season, hoping Naby Keita is the lad we bring in, seems to be the most heavily rumoured and he's fantastic.

noodler wrote: »
    You're mental!

15m for Ibe was mental too .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think is a very good manager. Celtic improving in Europe after the Barca game as well.

But the SPL is very weak. League One level.

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/866333658961125376

sounds like some transfers could be completed early this summer.

mmmm ......... I wonder does that include players out too?
    Regardless, pretty much done at this stage is either damn impressive or going to be quite underwhelming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Origi 20 million
    Sturridge 20 million
    Moreno 15 million
    Lucas 15 million
    Henderson 20 million
    Stewart 10 million
    Klavan 7 million
    Ings 23 million

I think someone has had a few to many fizzy oranges today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

something something something mmm bapp e's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

So Buford..... Did he play?

Great day all round. One of the teams didn't show up so the squad was split so they all played all the games. He was playing right midfield and scored an absolute howler of a goal. He had the ball in midfield and was about to pass and slipped and kicked the ball much harder than he wanted to. It deflected off a defender and was trickling towards goals, easy save for the keeper.

The keeper who was at the other side of the goals climbing up the barrier:D

It just trickled over the line. I haven't laughed as much in years:cool:

Swapped with herself, who wanted to see one of the games so I went off to see the young lady playing RB in the u10 girls and arrived back just at the 45th minute!

You're welcome, lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Like he kept Burnley in the Premier League?? :o Seriously Toby, do you ever think before you post? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great day all round. One of the teams didn't show up so the squad was split so they all played all the games. He was playing right midfield and scored an absolute howler of a goal. He had the ball in midfield and was about to pass and slipped and kicked the ball much harder than he wanted to. It deflected off a defender and was trickling towards goals, easy save for the keeper.

The keeper who was at the other side of the goals climbing up the barrier:D

It just trickled over the line. I haven't laughed as much in years:cool:

Swapped with herself, who wanted to see one of the games so I went off to see the young lady playing RB in the u10 girls and arrived back just at the 45th minute!

You're welcome, lads!

Not a real fan a real fan would have watched the whole Liverpool game ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

For the past few years I've been betting against my Evertonian mate that Liverpool would get 4th. €50 a season, but this season I decided to double it to €100, for the craic like. I'm laughing today now! Klopp is bringing us places and I've great faith in him.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This time it seems like it's already a done deal that Lucas will be leaving. Sad day, although some will be happy about it.

https://twitter.com/LFC_360/status/866368047811936257

mormank wrote: »
    Like he kept Burnley in the Premier League?? :o Seriously Toby, do you ever think before you post? :rolleyes:

Ah don't be silly. He hadn't had 2 seasons out with a really serious injury on both knees before that season. It's just increased his value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

This time it seems like it's already a done deal that Lucas will be leaving. Sad day, although some will be happy about it.

Always liked Lucas, showed passion and heart for the club and never once moaned or pissed (publicly) over not getting a huge amount of game time. I'd keep him before a lot of others in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I think the overall feeling is one of relief to get into the cl.
    Not a great season but given where we were in January a decent job done .
    Klopp and FSG will no doubt identified where and who needs upgraded on but I'm pessimistic on a marquee signing Though I think there will be a culling of the squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Im actually really sad that he's leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

cjmc wrote: »
    I think the overall feeling is one of relief to get into the cl.
    Not a great season but given where we were in January a decent job done .
    Klopp and FSG will no doubt identified where and who needs upgraded on but I'm pessimistic on a marquee signing Though I think there will be a culling of the squad

How is it not a great season? Finished ahead of two clubs who on paper had far stronger and deeper squads. Our issue was beating the dross. That's a lot easier to fix than if we couldn't beat our peers.

Top 4 was a goal at the start of the season. We got it. Great season imo.

For the past few years I've been betting against my Evertonian mate that Liverpool would get 4th. ?50 a season, but this season I decided to double it to ?100, for the craic like. I'm laughing today now! Klopp is bringing us places and I've great faith in him.

He must love giving money away.

Can I be his friend? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

MD1990 wrote: »
    Possible opponents in the CL draw

Sporting Lisbon, Viktoria Plzen, CSKA Moscow, Club Brugge, Steaua Bucharest, Young Boys, Hoffenheim, Nice, Istanbul Basaksehir or Beşiktaş, runners-up in Greece

Big advantage that we are seeded.

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

In the context of a coming season with more games and looking to compete on multiple fronts, letting Lucas go seems silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Not a real fan a real fan would have watched the whole Liverpool game ;).
    I was looking for a hurling match but obviously not hard enough:pac:

Damn dust in my eyes again, gets everywhere.

I'll miss Lucas, comes across as a real genuine guy and his experience will be missed next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    How is it not a great season? Finished ahead of two clubs who on paper had far stronger and deeper squads. Our issue was beating the dross. That's a lot easier to fix than if we couldn't beat our peers.

Top 4 was a goal at the start of the season. We got it. Great season imo.
    Maybe I didn't say it right . Great season got our ambition of cl
    Not an outstanding season as in title challenges / cups is a better way of putting it

Lovren almost cost us again today.....he'd drive you mad.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I'd get rid of Lovren and keep Lucas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    In the context of a coming season with more games and looking to compete on multiple fronts, letting Lucas go seems silly.

Two sides to it.

Perhaps Lucas wants to get more games and have a more settled future, now that he's into his 30s?

I had high hopes for Cameron Brannagan but both he and Stewart haven't panned out.

We have Grujic, who's missed most of the season as reserve and at worst we have Hendo as a squad player (although hopefully he recovers fully and is a mainstay next season). We appear to be signing at least one more MF in Keita or someone like him.
    Don't forget about Milner as well.

So for two positions that'll be 5 seniors and Grujic and whatever other children are floating about in reserve. Maybe even Lallana in a pinch.

If we're looking for depth I'd rather it's in the attacking end.
    That spot furthest forward can be filled be pretty much any of the attacking mids and probably any new ones that come in.

So overall, there'll be a dozen lads for the 3 spots. Plenty IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

When I'm Liverpool, season edition

https://streamable.com/3lz2w

I just watched Klopp's post match presser. I got the impression that instead of the "we have everything pretty much done" that he means in terms of identifying people who they want to sign, rather than got them all lined up nearly ready to announce. I hope I'm wrong, but it sounded more that way to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Klopp needs to remember to be careful with his use of his second language, we're all so desperate for good vibes it's easy to put a spin on that he didn't intend.

Lucas just turned 300, Milner 32.
    Why are we getting rid of a young player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Lucas just turned 300, Milner 32.
    Why are we getting rid of a young player.

Are you after 10 or 100 beers toby
    😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Looking forward to Shamrocks reports from the stands...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I just don't get the whole Lucas thing, he is happy to be a squad player and we need a big squad next year.
    If we fail to qualify for CL do we end up in EL ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Looking forward to Shamrocks reports from the stands...

Jasus could you imagine shamrock during that first half today. God love anyone sitting beside him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement