Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

mormank wrote: »
    Nah I think that was Uefa's fcuk up. They never planned for the outcome where the winner's of the champion's league wouldn't qualify through their own league. England is the only country where this would have been possible to imo as there is less competition in the other leagues where potential champion's league winner's would come from.
    What was the story with the old European cup when only champion's qualified? Did the cup winner's also go back into the cup to defend their title even if they didn't win their owwn league as I'm sure happened many times.

Yes the winners would qualify for the next years competition, that is how Forest have been in it 2 times and only won the league once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I'll console myself with the fact the brand of 'football' they play is utterly ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Nalz wrote: »
    You knew what he meant, no need to be touchy.

Why bother attack the post, just the poster eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

corwill wrote: »
    What a rich and meaningful life.

What's the problem? I text my Dad, I pondered tea but decided against it, I let the dogs out, the missus was in the jacks, kids are asleep... I'm now eating a magnum...

I thought of that post and found it easily enough

I wanted to reply

I did

I'm happy

Life is beautiful

See you lads in the Champions league group stages....maybe :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You knew what he meant, no need to be touchy.

Oh don't worry, I know EXACTLY what he meant by his post.

Also, to address your other post, we can't meet Ajax in the qualifying round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

What's the problem? I text my Dad, I pondered tea but decided against it, I let the dogs out, the missus was in the jacks, kids are asleep... I'm now eating a magnum...

I thought of that post and found it easily enough

I wanted to reply

I did

I'm happy

Life is beautiful

See you lads in the Champions league group stages....maybe :)

http://www.samaritans.org/news/free-call-samaritans-ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Nah I think that was Uefa's fcuk up. They never planned for the outcome where the winner's of the champion's league wouldn't qualify through their own league.
    What was the story with the old European cup when only champion's qualified? Did the cup winner's also go back into the cup to defend their title even if they didn't win their owwn league as I'm sure happened many times.

I've read a bit on it and I it seems UEFA had a case to answer for alright.

Still think the Europa League rule is brilliant though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

gotta say I find it frustrating that United are in major decline yet are still picking up trophies while we aren't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

rob316 wrote: »
    gotta say I find it frustrating that United are in major decline yet are still picking up trophies while we aren't.

I'd rather see United lose but it's no stain on where we're at. We still achieved what we wanted to this season, we got top four for only the second time in 8 years, big step forward in Klopp's first full season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Yes the winners would qualify for the next years competition, that is how Forest have been in it 2 times and only won the league once

Thanks, that's what I figured therefore it was Uefa's fcuk up imo.

tonight should have been and was a cake walk for United, that team after all cost 14 times more than the Ajax team :D Lyon may have given them a better game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Juve to win the CL, and confirm the swing in the approach to football these days.
    Bore teams into submission like Chelsea and United .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

They have a manager that knows how to close but as a United fan said to me earlier on in work, imagine what they could do if they spend money. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well we had Man City and Sevilla in finals. Luck of the draw can make a big difference. I'm fairly positive we would have beaten that Ajax side pretty handily.

But sure it is what it is. Can only play the cards you are dealt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

quarryman wrote: »
    I've read a bit on it and I it seems UEFA had a case to answer for alright.

Still think the Europa League rule is brilliant though..

Oh definitely. That competition needed something to revitalise it and giving a place in the champion's league is the perfect solution. Even if it does degrade the Europa league even more by doing so.
    You have to admit ye had a much easier route to winning it this season than we had last season with Dortmund and Sevilla in our way.

Oh definitely. That competition needed something to revitalise it and giving a place in the champion's league is the perfect solution. Even if it does degrade the Europa league even more by doing so.
    You have to admit ye had a much easier route to winning it this season than we had last season with Dortmund and Sevilla in our way.

Quarryman is not a Man United fan, just hates Liverpool and is a Leeds fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Quarryman is not a Man United fan, just hates Liverpool and is a Leeds fan

Even odder lol.

Was a tougher run Liverpool had 100% agree. Most United and other fans would agree with you there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

United have won in twelve months what Liverpool have won in twelve years....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

United have won in twelve months what Liverpool have won in twelve years....

No one here gives a fcuk pal, have a good night and try not to be so petty.

No one here gives a fcuk pal, have a good night and try not to be so petty.

Liverpool won all those trophies in the space of 4 months before, it has taken United a year to win them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Are we able to play Leeds in the premier league next season?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Are we able to play Leeds in the premier league next season?

no they bottled getting into the play offs again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Match thread and Utd thread, all just full of Liverpool talk.

They can't just enjoy the win.

Souness on TV talking sense about Pogba and the team but any criticism coming from a Liverpool connection is just bias and bitterness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

5starpool wrote: »
    He was nearly anonymous most of the Middlesboro game. He got no real service, but I doubt much he did that game will be in highlight reels of him.

Yeah, to be honest against Boro I thought Firmino kind of showed up Sturridge a wee bit... Sturridge is better at creating his own space for chances, but Firmino is so much more involved in everything good the team does.

murpho999 wrote: »

Souness on TV talking sense about Pogba and the team but any criticism coming from a Liverpool connection is just bias and bitterness.

Just want to compare themselves to Liverpool = Small time team :pac:

If when they are winning they are obsessed :D:D

If i remember right one of them was up in arms when this same thing happened in the Manchester derby but very little noise about it tonight

https://twitter.com/Beardamendi/status/867478288469569536

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yeah, to be honest against Boro I thought Firmino kind of showed up Sturridge a wee bit... Sturridge is better at creating his own space for chances, but Firmino is so much more involved in everything good the team does.

Boro game was frantic really until that 1st goal went in, Liverpool were just trying to score from anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Souness is bitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

edgecutter wrote:
    Souness is bitter.

Is he posting on boards?
    I want to ask him bout Weah's cousin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

edgecutter wrote: »
    Souness is bitter.

Good one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Geni buying boots for a young fan trumps all today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Souness is bitter.

He's equal opportunities in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Souness is bitter.

He's a Scot. Goes with the territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Souness is bitter.

That's all I hear blinkered people saying but don't provide a single example of how he is.

I thought he was spot on with most what he said tonight.

That's all I hear blinkered people saying but don't provide a single example of how he is.

Would not bother he is looking for a reaction :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Doddle for utd.

Fair play.

Was in the living room in town, absolutely jammed. Utd flags and chants everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Small world. I was in a pub too m8

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I was in my sitting room. Dying of boredom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I was in my sitting room. Dying of boredom.

Me too mate! Small world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Me too mate! Small world

You were in his sitting room..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

A single example, ok.

While Souness is whinging about Pogba, the guy puts it to him. "He is capable of doing brilliant things, would you accept that?"

Souness while foaming a little at the mouth, "No I wouldn't accept that"

No impartiality there, simple bitter bias.

He then goes on to belittle anyone who does look at something Pogba has done and thought wow, that was brilliant with a nice healthy hark back to the "good old days"

Edit: I doubt I'll check back in this thread for a while so if you need more examples feel free to PM me

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

6th placed team from EPL wins Europa League Final #nothingtoseehere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jaysis lads, they won a European trophy. Leave them to their glory or discuss it in the relevant thread. I'd have loved to have won that final last year.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jaysis lads, they won a European trophy. Leave them to their glory or discuss it in the relevant thread. I'd have loved to have won that final last year.

Fair play lad

Dunno about major decline.... they've a nice springboard now IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You were in his sitting room..

Couldn't get the bastards out.

Ate all my Cadburys fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

monkey9 wrote: »

Exactly! They did what we couldn't do last year. We seriously need to navigate the CL qualifiers and do alright in the group. Sick of not having proper European football!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

My biggest fear is that the last time we got CL football we didnt push on and make those killer signings. Lallana Lovern and Can were perhaps the best of them. My worry is that if we sign that type of quality it may not be good enough. Especially with how long it took them all to adapt

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement