Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

tonight should have been and was a cake walk for United, that team after all cost 14 times more than the Ajax team :D Lyon may have given them a better game

If you're going on that logic surely Lyon should have gotten through against Ajax because their team cost more to put together? Or Liverpool shouldn't have lost to Hull or Swansea or Bournemouth because Liverpool's team cost more?

I always find it odd when fans use this metric when saying who should or should not win a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

So Michael Owen spent last night on BT referring to United as '' we''
    '' we played well''
    ''we deserved it''
    '' we we we we we we''
    He then go collects a cheque off of Liverpool for his role with club .

I was talking to a lad in work about this earlier who's originally from France. He's just took for granted that Owen was referring to 'we' as in 'we are English, this is an English broadcast' and United are an English team, so that was why he used the term. He says it happens all the time on French and Spanish broadcasts when 'their' teams are playing in the CL and doesn?t see the problem. I can see where he's coming from tbh. Not sure if that what was going though Michael Owen's head though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not the real James Pearce presumably

https://twitter.com/JamesPearcEcho/status/867089085663502336

(just to add that was a rhetorical query! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No Blue Tick so fake account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

No, not JamespearceEcho but JamespearcEcho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Starts the Tweet with "Hi"

How can people fall for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Interesting piece here with an ex-referee judging all the contentious decisions of different teams' seasons. According to the lads on reddit, we'd be 4 points better off if all decisions were called correctly (not that it matters considering we got our spot anyway)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10889025/ref-watch-liverpools-season-analysed-by-dermot-gallagher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Vicxas wrote: »
    Starts the Tweet with "Hi"

How can people fall for this.

Reminds me of Moss from IT Crowd emailing the fire department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Rumours flying that Liverpool will play Athletic Bilbao at the Aviva in early Aug, after the Audi Cup.

Manninger has said he will retire when his contract ends in the summer.

I wonder does that mean Ward will return as 3rd choice keeper. I hope not better off staying at Huddersfield if they want him playing every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No, not JamespearceEcho but JamespearcEcho.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/867667086641844224

So that people know, the real James Pearce is a verified account with tick symbol as shown above. So it's easy to spot the fakes.

I don't imagine any real transfer news to happen for a month or so. Isn't it usually the start of July when signings are confirmed etc?

Agreements can be made at any time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Knex. wrote: »
    I don't imagine any real transfer news to happen for a month or so. Isn't it usually the start of July when signings are confirmed etc?

Did you not see the tweet?.......Its happening tomorrow! Get on the hype train! :pac:

Celtic had a bid for Harry Wilson turned down.

Old news.

Need new transfer news now!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Season is only just over, but already the imbeciles on Tw@tter are out in full force.

Every Summer I suggest this, but it never happens. Can we please ban Tw@tter as a source unless the account is verified?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Umaro wrote: »
    Rumours flying that Liverpool will play Athletic Bilbao at the Aviva in early Aug, after the Audi Cup.

inaki williams wrapped up so

NukaCola wrote: »
    Did you not see the tweet?.......Its happening tomorrow! Get on the hype train! :pac:

Which was dated the 23rd, so technically (which is the best kind of correct), it happened yesterday :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Season is only just over, but already the imbeciles on Tw@tter are out in full force.

Every Summer I suggest this, but it never happens. Can we please ban Tw@tter as a source unless the account is verified?

please.

Knex. wrote: »
    Which was dated the 23rd, so technically (which is the best kind of correct), it happened yesterday :p

I'm gonna be honest and say I didn't really read it :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The Echo have put together a list of possible opponents for the CL qualifier.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-liverpool-beat-reach-champions-13092018

I listed them in my order of preference.

Victoria Plezn.
    St. Bucharest.
    Brugge.
    Young Boyz.
    Paok.
    Cska.
    Istanbul BB.
    Sorting.
    Hoffenheim.
    Nice.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-liverpool-beat-reach-champions-13092018

Victoria Plezn.
    St. Bucharest.
    Brugge.
    Young Boyz.
    Paok.
    Cska.
    Istanbul BB.
    Sorting.
    Hoffenheim.
    Nice.

It's going to be Mario.

Sorting? Sorted! :D

It's going to be Mario.

I was thinking Istanbul myself just because of the amount of 2005 clips that were on my news feed today.

Then again we could get Young Boys for Harry.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Victoria Plezn.
    St. Bucharest.
    Brugge.
    Young Boyz.
    Paok.
    Cska.
    Istanbul BB.
    Sorting.
    Hoffenheim.
    Nice.

Does it sound wrong if I say I'd like to get Young Boys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

It's going to be Mario.

magic-8-ball.jpg?w=529

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not to sound too cocky but there's no way we should be losing to any of those teams in a 2-leg fixture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Not to sound too cocky but there's no way we should be losing to any of those teams in a 2-leg fixture.

Are we at home 2nd leg since we are seeded ?

40 Years ago tonight.

• Advertisement

Boy am I glad they got rid of the back pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

ricero wrote: »
    Are we at home 2nd leg since we are seeded ?

All depends on the draw

Clichy released by City. Worth a short term contract? Himself and Sessengnon could have LB sorted for next season, with Clichy making way fully when Sessengnon is ready? If we are going for Sessengnon that is.....

Free, plenty of experience, could do better if we spend but might be a nice stop gap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Clichy released by City. Worth a short term contract? Himself and Sessengnon could have LB sorted for next season, with Clichy making way fully when Sessengnon is ready? If we are going for Sessengnon that is.....

Free, plenty of experience, could do better if we spend but might be a nice stop gap?
    Clichy is past it.

Wouldnt want him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

So Michael Owen spent last night on BT referring to United as '' we''
    '' we played well''
    ''we deserved it''
    '' we we we we we we''
    He then go collects a cheque off of Liverpool for his role with club .

What a monumental clod

MD1990 wrote: »
    Clichy is past it.

Wouldnt want him.

Zabeltta has also been released.

I'd take them both tbh, they're winners and that's the type of players we should be looking at.

I think they'd be suitable signings for two seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'd take them both tbh, they're winners and that's the type of players we should be looking at.

Both way best there best & legs are gone.

I wouldn't sign either of them. There is a reason they have not been offered new contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

SteM wrote: »
    If you're going on that logic surely Lyon should have gotten through against Ajax because their team cost more to put together? Or Liverpool shouldn't have lost to Hull or Swansea or Bournemouth because Liverpool's team cost more?

I always find it odd when fans use this metric when saying who should or should not win a match.

Maybe you should look up and study the laws of probability and economics then if you find that odd.

Clichy is past it.

Wouldnt want him.

I wouldn't argue he's on the top of his game, but would bring good experience better cover than we have and as I said, if our target for LB is Sessegnon then having him and Clichy alternate might work out well. He'd be as good as Milner at LB, Milner can go back to CM also.

I wouldn't love him here or anything but we could do worse and yes we can do better but I dont see us spending for 2 LB's this summer.

Zabaleta signed for West Ham on a 2 year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I wouldn't argue he's on the top of his game, but would bring good experience better cover than we have and as I said, if our target for LB is Sessegnon then having him and Clichy alternate might work out well. He'd be as good as Milner at LB, Milner can go back to CM also.

I wouldn't love him here or anything but we could do worse and yes we can do better but I dont see us spending for 2 LB's this summer.

Milner was pretty poor for us at CM... I only want to see him in wide positions. Either full back, or wide forward. Would quite like to see him used a bit at right back against the weaker teams.

Think we need a better left back than Clichy though. And I really wouldn't think of Sessegnon as a long term left back.. would expect him to be playing further forward within the next 3 years.

• Advertisement

Zabaleta signed for West Ham on a 2 year deal.

Didn't know that was a done deal. Great addition for them, not to worry we still have Clyne.

Reports that Sturridge picked up an injury down under.

Jokes incoming .

There is a reason they have not been offered new contracts.

Maybe not the contracts they might of wanted.

City have only got one player I'd want of those likely to leave - Kelechi Iheanacho

Didn't know that was a done deal. Great addition for them, not to worry we still have Clyne.

Jokes incoming .

Really good addition for them. Model pro by all accounts.

As for Sturridge?

I'd say get rid of him. But you know if we do, he goes somewhere, plays injury free and bags 25 league goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Or he Sturridge's it and plays 2-3 games, scores a goal or 2...gets injured until Christmas, comes back for 2-3 games and gets injured again until May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I think that injury was there before the game, it was given as the reason he would not be playing for England. Probably planned treatment now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

I'd rather Milner went in goals than went back to CM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Jokes incoming .

It's the only part of his body he hadn't injured before :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement