Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'll admit it, I lost the rag last weekend. If we can get a win today, we might be ok for the Champions League.

CL is vital in order to be able to sign the players we need to really become a top side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Sky Sports - 'Klopp Could Sign Six'

Jurgen Klopp does not expect any restrictions to be placed on Liverpool's summer transfer budget and has revealed he could sign up to six players ahead of next season.

1) A Goalkeeper

2) A Left Back

3) A Centre Back

4) A Defensive Midfielder

5) A Winger

6) A Striker.

Would be my guess.

Oh and the others are still 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

2 results can really change the makeup of 2-6.......

1) A Goalkeeper

2) A Left Back

3) A Centre Back

5) A Winger

6) A Striker.

Would be my guess.

We dont really play with a DM though so more likely a CM? Everything else prob spot on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

We've not the double on anyone in the top six.

Today could be the 1st but I'd take a point tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Win tonight could push in to third.

With our awful results that's still something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

NukaCola wrote: »
    We dont really play with a DM though so more likely a CM? Everything else prob spot on there.

It depends on whether the reason why we play with a relatively small number of players (usually only changing because of injury) is because Klopp wants to keep the squad small and not because he thinks everyone else is ****.

Our current best 11 isn't flexible enough or good enough to work against everyone.

Some games you'd want a more defensive lineup

----DM
    Hendo-Lallana

Whereas maybe some games we want to go to the far extreme

----Hendo
    Lallana-Coutinho

We, of course have nobody to provide the first option.

At any rate, only having one guy in the squad good enough to play that position isn't good enough. If we're getting cover, he may as well not be a carbon copy - rather an outright destroyer or an outright playmaker, rather than a little of both strapped to a rocket, like Hendo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

One game at a time and all that but a win tonight still won't be worth much if we don't win next week too.

We don't play with one as we don't have a player good enough or mobile enough to play that role.

Klopp's Dortmund teams always played with a DM. Bender was/is a very good and mobile DM who at 26/7 I'd love us to sign or his brother who can also do that role very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Any sign of the sharp shooting son of a gun that was here monday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just on the summer spending spree (or not) who do we think is out first?

I'll go with Sakho (obviously), Sturridge (near certainty) and Can (playing up with contract and has failed badly to take his chance this season) with Moreno as a likely forth exit. I'd say that lot could raise about 50m (15/15/15/5), obviously if the side do not finish in the top 4 then Coutinho is a risk and would fetch 40m easily though much more might require a bidding war.

We don't play with one as we don't have a player good enough or mobile enough to play that role.

Klopp's Dortmund teams always played with a DM. Bender was/is a very good and mobile DM who at 26/7 I'd love us to sign or his brother who can also do that role very well.

True enough, we desperately need that DM cover for our defence, I will admit I haven't seen loads of Dortmund under Klopp bar the CL games so if thats the case the lack of a DM over the last few windows are a bit strange. Maybe he thought Can would be the answer?

Gbear wrote: »
    At any rate, only having one guy in the squad good enough to play that position isn't good enough. If we're getting cover, he may as well not be a carbon copy - rather an outright destroyer or an outright playmaker, rather than a little of both strapped to a rocket, like Hendo.

Klopp likes a player that can do a few jobs though doesn't he, especially in Midfield? I agree, a player like Kante, even if they are 3/4 as effective, would be worth so much to this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭mormank

I'll go with Sakho (obviously), Sturridge (near certainty) and Can (playing up with contract and has failed badly to take his chance this season) with Moreno as a likely forth exit. I'd say that lot could raise about 50m (15/15/15/5), obviously if the side do not finish in the top 4 then Coutinho is a risk and would fetch 40m easily though much more might require a bidding war.

I'd be very surprised if Can left this summer tbh.

Bogdan, Lucas, Markovic, Flanagan are all gone too I'd say.....not sure how safe Stewart would be either....

True enough, we desperately need that DM cover for our defence, I will admit I haven't seen loads of Dortmund under Klopp bar the CL games so if thats the case the lack of a DM over the last few windows are a bit strange. Maybe he thought Can would be the answer?

I think the reason Lucas as always been kept by managers is he has a footballing brain and understands that position the problem Lucas has is with all the injuries he has lost his mobility.

The reason Rodgers and now Klopp also played/play him in the CB role is he can read a game.

This may also be the reason Milner is being played in the defence his experience of reading a game.

We don't have enough football intelligent players on the defensive side of the game from what I can see.

That's what needs to be addressed in the summer.

mormank wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if Can left this summer tbh.

If he doesn't sign a contract he'll be into his last year.....I wouldn't be surprised but I do like him, hope he signs an extension.

Bogdan, Lucas, Markovic, Flanagan are all gone too I'd say.....not sure how safe Stewart would be either....

Oh sure, (they'll add about er a fiver to the pot) but I was thinking of main senior players rather than loaned waifs and strays, no doubt a decision will be made about Ryan Kent and Danny Ward as well.

Oh sure, (they'll add about er a fiver to the pot) but I was thinking of main senior players rather than loaned waifs and strays, no doubt a decision will be made about Ryan Kent and Danny Ward as well.

Speaking of Danny Ward, has anyone seen much of him play? Is he the answer?

On a sidenote, who was the last player that went on loan and came back to us and actually became a first team player for us? Does the loan system work for us at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Jonjo Shelvey. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

On a sidenote, who was the last player that went on loan and came back to us and actually became a first team player for us? Does the loan system work for us at all?

Who was the last player to come through the ranks loaned or otherwise, It's an extremely low turnover of late.

Who was the last player to come through the ranks loaned or otherwise, It's an extremely low turnover of late.

Yea, no doubt the source of the problem.

Don't think it's a Liverpool specific problem. English youths for the most part just don't appear to be as technically good as their European counterparts, and forcing clubs to include a certain amount of them in the squad isn't the answer to the problem.

One of my favorite moments in recent years.
    "Happy birthday, King Kenny! Happy birthday to you!"
    https://twitter.com/LFC/status/837933391571922944

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

1) A Goalkeeper

2) A Left Back

3) A Centre Back

5) A Winger

6) A Striker.

Would be my guess.

The rumours this week suggest that'd see us sign:

Joe Hart
    Ben Chilwell
    Naby Keita / Pedro Obiang
    Julian Brandt
    Alexander Lacazette

We don't get linked with many CBs it seems. Not sure who we would go for there. I don't read much into rumours anyway but what would people think of that?

Assuming that Lucas, Moreno, Sturridge, Markovic, Wisdom and a few others will go then. Would it leave us in a position to compete over the course of a season or would we still be short?

Although knowing Klopp there'll be one or two signings from out of the blue like Klavan or Manninger last summer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Sky Sports - 'Klopp Could Sign Six'

Jurgen Klopp does not expect any restrictions to be placed on Liverpool's summer transfer budget and has revealed he could sign up to six players ahead of next season.
    Six signings are not a lot considering there are likely to be 4/5 departures from the squad: Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Sturridge and possibly Can. Provided they are first team players the team has a chance to improve next season. If we're signing understudies (e.g. Ben Chilwell) to develop while incumbents run down their contracts it will be more of the same again next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

See?

Nothing to worry about. Focus on what's in front not behind, that's what winners do.

Well Huddersfield have one of the lowest goals conceded tallies but I've no idea how much of that is down to the keeper or the system.

Yep Sterling and Ibe only really with others in and out - like Ojo (who's chances would be much better without picking up knocks and short cups runs!) at the risk of giving the kiss of death to prospects everything suggests that the club have earmarked Woodburn for the seniors without a loan. Rhian Brewster could be a wild card, like Woodburn he has been fast-tracked at youth level - got a real live wire vibe about him. Harry Wilson really deserves a chance as well, very cultured player.

Oh yeah the Hull/Leicester game is on 5live - Markovic is described as being missing in action, no impact at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The amount of crying in the match thread about time waisting after their visit to Anfield is very lol :pac:

:)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

One of my favorite moments in recent years.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/837933391571922944

I was at that game, people were laughing as much as singing it seemed :)

• Advertisement

Lucas out for Klavan. Lesson learned.

The way Sakho is playing Palace will fork over 70 million for him.

Also. No Sanchez and no Ozil in the starting lineup

Take a look at @JamesPearceEcho's Tweet:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lucas out for Klavan. Lesson learned.

What lesson? Klavan has no real pace either. If he was in there againt Vardy with that high line, he'd have got crucified as well.

I'm surprised at Lovren not starting to be honest if he is fit enough for the bench.

5starpool wrote: »
    What lesson? Klavan has no real pace either. If he was in there againt Vardy with that high line, he'd have got crucified as well.

I'm surprised at Lovren not starting to be honest if he is fit enough for the bench.

Lucas is not a CB IMO. Klavan is much quicker and mobile than him, but yea I'd say he'd have had the same issues with Vardy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I see Can is starting again, he does play better against the stronger teams in fairness.

Quite irrelevant of me to post that today though.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Also. No Sanchez and no Ozil in the starting lineup

Take a look at @JamesPearceEcho's Tweet: https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/838065044931891201?s=09

Arsenal have some bench!

Gabbiadini has scored again, sign him up!

If he doesn't sign a contract he'll be into his last year.....I wouldn't be surprised but I do like him, hope he signs an extension.

Well sure, but I would be surprised if he doesn't sign a new one as Klopp seems to really like him and it's not as tho he has played well enough to get a move to a bigger club. Like I said, all things considered I'd be surprised if he left this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Arsenal have some bench!

I mean we'd have some bench too if we didn't start half our best players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If Arsenal are worse without Sanchez does that make them more likely to win today?

Well Huddersfield have one of the lowest goals conceded tallies but I've no idea how much of that is down to the keeper or the system.

Yep Sterling and Ibe only really with others in and out - like Ojo (who's chances would be much better without picking up knocks and short cups runs!) at the risk of giving the kiss of death to prospects everything suggests that the club have earmarked Woodburn for the seniors without a loan. Rhian Brewster could be a wild card, like Woodburn he has been fast-tracked at youth level - got a real live wire vibe about him. Harry Wilson really deserves a chance as well, very cultured player.

Oh yeah the Hull/Leicester game is on 5live - Markovic is described as being missing in action, no impact at all.

Didn't we sign Sterling as a 15 or 16 year old? Does it really count as having come through our ranks if we sign someone at that age? It is cheating at best. :)

I mean we'd have some bench too if we didn't start half our best players.

That was the point :p

Arsenal have some bench!

Resting them for the CL game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Resting them for the CL game.

No headache like that for Liverpool anyway :)

FixitFelix wrote: »
    No headache like that for Liverpool anyway :)

No. We just get headaches like you instead! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gbear wrote: »
    If Arsenal are worse without Sanchez does that make them more likely to win today?

It's an established fact that Liverpool perform poorly against poor teams.

Who said Wenger didn't do tactics ?

Filth from Coquelin as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Filth from Coquelin as usual.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Fun Bobby :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement