Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Klopp and Wagner could be very useful to each other next season in terms of sharing info on opponents which could pay significant dividends for us e.g. if what would otherwise be losses for Huddersfield against other top 6 teams can be turned into draws because Klopp can feed Wagner info from when we played that team it will have a very positive impact for Huddersfield and potentially for us also!!

Nice idea, but a bit of a stretch I think that it can influence things noticeably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

All the twitters needs to be taking down. And the facebooks, dem whatsyapps, bebo, MySpace, pintrest, instastenograph and the whole malackry.
    But I suppose it proves that the infinite monkey theorem is a load of hokum. And that's with even having an actual Shakespeare managing a premier league team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

5starpool wrote: »
    Nice idea, but a bit of a stretch I think that it can influence things noticeably.

Ah I know but it's the small things which can sometimes have a big impact. If the relationship resulted in one positive result for us (more than would otherwise have been the case which I know is impossible to measure) it will be a good thing.

Regardless, it's definitely better to have a friendly manager in the PL than not though!!

Ah I know but it's the small things which can sometimes have a big impact. If the relationship resulted in one positive result for us (more than would otherwise have been the case which I know is impossible to measure) it will be a good thing.

Regardless, it's definitely better to have a friendly manager in the PL than not though!!

Probably means that it'll mean more for him to beat Liverpool too though, so will work against us there. I get your general point though. If nothing else, I'm glad to see another new team up there (in most of our lifetimes anyhow, Harry excepted :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then have you heard of Dal Varesanovic? Well if you were following Academy news in 2013 you might have (no even I didn't spot this one! :p)

The Bosnian was linked with Liverpool as a 12 year old (!) along with Barcelona but elected after a week on trial at Melwood to join Dinamo Zegreb (well his parents probably made that decision) now though he has joined the Reds at 16.

c637_L9u_HLSc_Sh_AEbj_Uqj4q2vx_Jcnt_Xctyc5wy_Anz_Gfc_jpg.jpg

According to Transfermarkt he plays as primarily as a left winger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Still looks twelve

Turns out he sort of joined Liverpool a few years ago but couldn't sign a contract due to child trafficking laws FIFA regulations. Looking at the youtube clip he was easily the smallest player on the pitch - about a foot shorter than one or two team mates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

With Chelsea, Spurs, City and United in CL and with us maybe joining, and Arsenal in Europadopa League does that mean Leicester could challenge for title again.
    Can see a total of 82 pts winning it next season. None of the big 6 have an advantage, a level playing field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Turns out he sort of joined Liverpool a few years ago but couldn't sign a contract due to child trafficking laws FIFA regulations. Looking at the youtube clip he was easily the smallest player on the pitch - about a foot shorter than one or two team mates

Lets pump him with HGH and develop our own Messi.

With Chelsea, Spurs, City and United in CL and with us maybe joining, and Arsenal in Europadopa League does that mean Leicester could challenge for title again.
    Can see a total of 82 pts winning it next season. None of the big 6 have an advantage, a level playing field.

Go to bed Toby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

I'd want 65m just for Sakho and Sturridge .
    Then we have
    Moreno
    Lucas
    Klavan
    Ings
    Stewart
    Markovic
    Flanagan
    Randall
    Wisdom
    Bogdan
    Players that need to be moved on, they'd make more than 35m combined.

I'm hoping we keep these 3. Ings scores goals. He's been stupidly unlucky with his injuries but if he gets any sort of run for us he'll be alright. Definitely decent backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So then have you heard of Dal Varesanovic? Well if you were following Academy news in 2013 you might have (no even I didn't spot this one! :p)

The Bosnian was linked with Liverpool as a 12 year old (!) along with Barcelona but elected after a week on trial at Melwood to join Dinamo Zegreb (well his parents probably made that decision) now though he has joined the Reds at 16.

c637_L9u_HLSc_Sh_AEbj_Uqj4q2vx_Jcnt_Xctyc5wy_Anz_Gfc_jpg.jpg

According to Transfermarkt he plays as primarily as a left winger

As long as he's not a goalkeeper...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

one for the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That's brilliant from Simpson. :D

Carragher coming across as fairly pathetic, which is no surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Turtyturd wrote: »

Saw nothing scything or clever from Simpson in that Twitter exchange. There was two of them behaving like eejits, neither particularly clever. I don't know why you'd single out Carragher in the exchange. His remark was close to the bone but true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Not likely - Leicester struggled without Kante and are relegation fodder if you take away Mahrez and Vardy. Mahrez has an agreement that he can leave this summer. And Vardy is not likely to stick around if there's an offer for his services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

punk_one82 wrote: »
    I'm hoping we keep these 3. Ings scores goals. He's been stupidly unlucky with his injuries but if he gets any sort of run for us he'll be alright. Definitely decent backup.

In 2014 he scores goals

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness
    Liverpool have concrete interest in Mendy, report L'Equipe, aren't running away in face of tough competition. #LFC http://sportwitness.co.uk/liverpool-expressed-interest-concretely-signing-star-22-year-old/
    8:28 AM - 30 May 2017

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/La-tentation-anglaise-pour-djibril-sidibe-et-benjamin-mendy/805598
    Benjamin Mendy's very successful season, notably in the Champions League, made him the most courted left-wing side of the continent. This successful exercise validates the progress of a player perceived as a great hope since he was sixteen. The former Marseillais (22 years) is a priority for several major European clubs. Five of them have expressed their interest very much: Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and FC Barcelona. The English clubs are today the most ...

the rest is behind a paywall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2017/five-of-europes-best-continue-to-chase-benjamin-mendy/
    Five of Europe’s best continue to chase Benjamin Mendy
    5 of Europe’s top clubs continue to chase AS Monaco full-back Benjamin Mendy. They are, according to L’Équipe, Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and FC Barcelona.

Pep Guardiola was already drawn to the 22 year old following Marcelo Bielsa’s words about him and has told representatives at City to pursue Mendy in a major way. Guardiola has since personally become involved in trying to make a transfer happen, but the French daily is vague as to what exactly he has done. No salary agreement has been reached between City and Mendy at the moment, leaving the door open.

Other clubs have accelerated things in recent days. Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has called his French contacts to get to know the exact personality of Benjamin Mendy the man. Liverpool are pushing incredibly hard in recent hours, late to the party, but now with an impressive surge.

Manchester United are also there, Mendy has the choice of kings.

After six seasons in France, Mendy would like a move to England. But before definitively deciding on his future, in the coming days, he will take time to reflect before making his decision.

Monaco’s position is unclear. Before the window madness began they absolutely intended to keep Mendy, but the way things are now, they accept that that might not be possible.

an impressive surge? Beats monitoring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Brilliant..?!?! The day "your missus mate" becomes clever or brilliant is the day i give up the interwebs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

an impressive surge? Beats monitoring!

Maybe we learned our lesson from just monitoring people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The long term future of the club is the most important aspect, never mind Portsmouth look at the mess Leeds are in, There was a post on here last year giving a fairly detailed look at our accounts, now i'm no rocket surgeon but my understanding was that we were turning only a small profit once the big money transfers are taken out of the equation, (Suarez, Sterling), the increase in tv money is more than cancelled out for the repayments on the new stand, so we're not rolling in it exactly.

Well that’s not how it works.

Firstly , we have responsible owners, unlike what happened at Leeds or Portsmouth, or at Liverpool under Hicks & Gillet so I’m not worried about the club’s solvency or its financial future.

If the club were to spend £50m on a player, it’s only doing so because they can afford it and it has been sanctioned and budgeted for so there is no real need to worry about transfer fees.

As for the club’s profits: profits are what’s left over after all transactions including wages, transfer fees paid in and received and you can’t simply strip out fees for Suarez and Sterling.

Also, the new stand there maybe repayments but the stand also brings in extra income through more bums on seats and more corporate so it will pay for itself.

Jesus, you really don't like Carra, Turty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

We'll need a much bigger squad than last year also, it was threadbare enough this season. We couldnt sell all those players, would definitely keep those 3 also.

Simpson implies he shagged Carra's wife and he responds but it's Carra that is pathetic?

SM01 wrote: »
    Saw nothing scything or clever from Simpson in that Twitter exchange. There was two of them behaving like eejits, neither particularly clever. I don't know why you'd single out Carragher in the exchange. His remark was close to the bone but true.
    Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Brilliant..?!?! The day "your missus mate" becomes clever or brilliant is the day i give up the interwebs...
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Simpson implies he shagged Carra's wife and he responds but it's Carra that is pathetic?

The turd isn't a fan of Carragher for whatever reason. He's sooner send Sturridge a Christmas card :pac:
    ........... you can’t simply strip out fees for Suarez and Sterling...........

The point was clearly that we don't have a Suarez or Sterling to sell every season. But we do need to continue to purchase players, certainly at the rate Klopp has done so far.

Augeo wrote: »

The point was clearly that we don't have a Suarez or Sterling to sell every season. But we do need to continue to purchase players, certainly at the rate Klopp has done so far.

There is extra money there from new TV deal, new income from stand and hopefully Champion's league.

We should have plenty of money.

I don't get why people seem to think that one of the biggest clubs in the world has no money.

It's something that FSG seemed to have been very good at convincing fans about without ever saying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sell Klavan and he is only here a year? :/

I'd keep Lucas for his wealth of experience and helping Brazilian lads settle to be fair....

Our great manager :

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154803592150787&id=7519460786

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

noodler wrote: »
    In 2014 he scores goals

And? What's the reason for getting rid? If we get another striker then he'll be cheap backup who has a proven record of scoring goals. We won't get a decent fee for him this summer given his past 2 seasons and lack of games. We've nothing to lose by keeping him and practically nothing to gain by selling him.

There is extra money there from new TV deal, new income from stand and hopefully Champion's league.

We should have plenty of money.

I don't get why people seem to think that one of the biggest clubs in the world has no money.

It's something that FSG seemed to have been very good at convincing fans about without ever saying it.

Well in the post you quoted.........the increase in tv money is more than cancelled out for the repayments on the new stand.........and we are showing a small profit ........... CL isn't secured yet so maybe the figures speak for themselves?
    The long term future of the club is the most important aspect, never mind Portsmouth look at the mess Leeds are in, There was a post on here last year giving a fairly detailed look at our accounts, now i'm no rocket surgeon but my understanding was that we were turning only a small profit once the big money transfers are taken out of the equation, (Suarez, Sterling), the increase in tv money is more than cancelled out for the repayments on the new stand, so we're not rolling in it exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Liverpool vs Bilbao at the Aviva has been confirmed for the 5th of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ERG89 wrote: »

Any idea when tickets are going on sale?

Nvm i found them

Ticket pre-sales will begin at 11am on Wednesday May 31 until midnight on Thursday June 1. Tickets will be on general sale from 11am on Friday June 2

ERG89 wrote: »

Could be a prime opportunity for beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

On sale Friday morning apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

News breaking from trusted journalists that we have signed chelsea youth dominic solanke for around 3 million pounds. He refused to sign a new deal at chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

ricero wrote: »
    News breaking from trusted journalists that we have signed chelsea youth dominic solanke for around 3 million pounds. He refused to sign a new deal at chelsea

Liverpool Echo reporting it now too so must be true. Seems like a moneyball signing, loan to premiership side or promotion chasing championship side and sell for profit in a year or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Solanke being signed for 3m for u23's.

Another one for Harry to keep on eye on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

And? What's the reason for getting rid? If we get another striker then he'll be cheap backup who has a proven record of scoring goals. We won't get a decent fee for him this summer given his past 2 seasons and lack of games. We've nothing to lose by keeping him and practically nothing to gain by selling him.

Its such an obvious answer I can't believe you are asking the question but here goes :

He has been crocked for the guts of three years with almost no football under his belt.

He scored about ten goals in the Premiership for Burnley ONCE and apparently he is a natural goalscorer.

So essentially

1. The basis for calling him a natural goalscorer is weak imo.

2. There is little evidence he'll ever get back to the above level yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

ricero wrote: »
    Colemania wrote: »
    Liverpool Echo reporting it now too so must be true. Seems like a moneyball signing, loan to premiership side or promotion chasing championship side and sell for profit in a year or 2.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-sign-dominic-solanke-chelsea-13110595

Never know with young lads but has a great reputation and loads of potential so seems like like a good signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well Sakho just tweeted a video of himself in the gym... still wearing full Palace gear. Safe to say he doesn't seem to see himself playing for Liverpool anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Is there a pre sale code or anything for the match in dublun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Keita and VVD still our top targets according to that Echo article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Getting new lads in. NEW LADS. Endless possibilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Paul Joyce just said that we've pulled out of the race for Sessegnon too so looks like Spurs have won the race to sign him. Thought he was klopps number 1 left back target. Maybe going all out for Mendy......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What kind of fan is the game at the Aviva for and if you don't go to it what kind of fan are you then?

Grayditch wrote: »
    Getting new lads in. NEW LADS. Endless possibilities.

Lads! Lads! Lads!

Aaaanyway... Simon Joyce apparently broke the news about Solanke in March. He also said that we were in for Timo Werner - young striker at Leipzig (same club as Keita).

Make of that what you will.

Colemania wrote: »
    Paul Joyce just said that we've pulled out of the race for Sessegnon too so looks like Spurs have won the race to sign him. Thought he was klopps number 1 left back target. Maybe going all out for Mendy......

Full article:
    Liverpool are to sign Chelsea striker Dominic Solanke with the fee to be decided by a tribunal after the teenager failed to agree a new contract with the Premier League champions.

The 19-year-old forward, who is currently with England Under-20s at the World Cup in South Korea, had been pursued by Celtic and Red Bull Leipzig, but Liverpool have secured his services.

Jürgen Klopp, the Liverpool manager, wants a nucleus of young players to bolster the club’s under-23 squad, and for the cup competitions next season, and sees Solanke as a quality addition.

Liverpool are to sign Chelsea striker Dominic Solanke with the fee to be decided by a tribunal after the teenager failed to agree a new contract with the Premier League champions.

The 19-year-old forward, who is currently with England Under-20s at the World Cup in South Korea, had been pursued by Celtic and Red Bull Leipzig, but Liverpool have secured his services.

Jürgen Klopp, the Liverpool manager, wants a nucleus of young players to bolster the club’s under-23 squad, and for the cup competitions next season, and sees Solanke as a quality addition.

Solanke will earn just under £20,000 a week and will hope Klopp’s willingness to give youth a chance offers more opportunities than he was afforded at Chelsea.

He made just one senior appearance for Chelsea — as a substitute in a Champions League win over NK Maribor in October 2014 — and spent the 2015-16 season on loan at Vitesse Arnhem.

But he has been frozen out at Stamford Bridge as it became clear he would not be signing a new contract. Liverpool would expect the fee to be in the region of £2 million to £3 million.

The transfer fills a void Klopp has identified despite the progress of BenWoodburn and Rhian Brewster, both aged 17, last season, but is not set to be representative of Liverpool’s dealings this summer.

Klopp is pursuing quality reinforcements that would go straight into his first team, including Leipzig’s Naby Keita and Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk.

Interest in Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon has ended with Tottenham Hotspur now favourites for the 17-year-old left back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement