Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

What kind of fan is the game at the Aviva for and if you don't go to it what kind of fan are you then?

Depends if you are going to the Hurling instead

All-Ireland semi-final weekend !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jonathan Northcroft on the Solanke signing.
    Plus interest in Ox & Keane bid. Klopp likes young/English. Fans crave big foreign names but he'll look at how well Lallana/Hend/Clyne do.

https://twitter.com/JNorthcroft/status/869515674040885252

Depends if you are going to the Hurling instead

All-Ireland semi-final weekend !!!

That's what I was thinking.

Tuchel quit/sacked/mutual agreement as BVB manager I wonder will Klopp try and buy a player or two now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Tuchel quit/sacked/mutual agreement as BVB manager I wonder will Klopp try and buy a player or two now.

Very surprised at that. Was this expected?

Edit: Apparently he had fallen out with a bunch of people behind doors at the club.

http://www.espnfc.com/club/borussia-dortmund/124/blog/post/3133581/thomas-tuchel-toxic-breakdown-with-dortmund-hierarchy-leads-to-premature-exit

Knex. wrote: »
    Very surprised at that. Was this expected?

There has been rumblings for a few weeks now if not longer talking with friends in Cologne last weekend they felt he would be gone if they didn't win the cup and more than likely would be gone anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dortmund wont be selling anyone until a new manager comes in.

Also, Reus is cream crackered with a knee injury again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Vicxas wrote: »
    Dortmund wont be selling anyone until a new manager comes in.

Also, Reus is cream crackered with a knee injury again.

I'd take Auba, Dembele and probably Pulisic over Reus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'd take Auba, Dembele and probably Pulisic over Reus.
    PSG bound, supposedly, after submitting a transfer request.

Keita and VVD still our top targets according to that Echo article.

Hopefully we land Keita.......... not overly bothered about VVD to be honest, if we don't get him but get a CB that's an upgrade on Lovren we should be good.

I'd have a fear we're not seriously looking for a CB at all to oust Lovren from the first 11.

• Advertisement

Not an awful lot on Solanke on the www but this is mostly from his time in Holland and a few from underage England games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's great news about Solanke, he has impressed at youth and loan level, deffo has a chance to make it, just not at Chelsea of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Augeo wrote: »

Don't believe anything til they are leaning on something in melwood

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That's brilliant from Simpson. :D

Carragher coming across as fairly pathetic, which is no surprise.

I know you are, but what is he?

I know you'll appreciate that cutting retort, right out of the Danny Simpson 'your missus' joke book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Don't believe anything til they are leaning on something in melwood

So, assuming that if we stump up £50m for the kid it'll mean that he'd be a regular team starter, who does he push out?

Was wondering the other day about Hendo - will he keep the armband next season? Have to say, I would have no quibbles if Klopp gave it to Milner - 36 vs 24 league appearances and I think has more authority on the pitch....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Colemania wrote: »
    Paul Joyce just said that we've pulled out of the race for Sessegnon too so looks like Spurs have won the race to sign him. Thought he was klopps number 1 left back target. Maybe going all out for Mendy......
    I have a bad feeling we will sign Robertson from Hull instead. I hope I am wrong. Don't rate him at all.

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    So, assuming that if we stump up £50m for the kid it'll mean that he'd be a regular team starter, who does he push out?............

Realistically in time if all fit I'd expect the midfield 3 to include Lallana, Wij' and Keita.
    That puts Can and Hendo on the bench.

I could see Hendo, Keita and Lallana being the preferred three at the start of the season. Keita will need to bed in so to speak and Hendo if fit, won't be on the bench.

There's far too many games to be played next season for it to be an issue though, should we get him........ Keita, Can, Wij, Lallana, Henderson will all play plenty of games. There'll be no one pushed out. Maybe Lucas might play less PL games than he did this season. Who'd have an issue with that? Grujic and Lucas for the domestic cups.

If we sign a LB you'd struggle to imagine how Milner will get a game though so he shouldn't be an option for on the pitch captain. Matip might get the armband when Hendo isn't playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

Realistically in time if all fit I'd expect the midfield 3 to include Lallana, Wij' and Keita.
    That puts Can and Hendo on the bench.

I could see Hendo, Keita and Lallana being the preferred three at the start of the season. Keita will need to bed in so to speak and Hendo if fit, won't be on the bench.

There's far too many games to be played next season for it to be an issue though, should we get him........ Keita, Can, Wij, Lallana, Henderson will all play plenty of games. There'll be no one pushed out. Maybe Lucas might play less PL games than he did this season. Who'd have an issue with that? Grujic and Lucas for the domestic cups.

If we sign a LB you'd struggle to imagine how Milner will get a game though so he shouldn't be an option for on the pitch captain. Matip might get the armband when Hendo isn't playing.

Would Matip stand out to you as a leader? Seems a bit quiet to me

Would Matip stand out to you as a leader? Seems a bit quiet to me

Well if Hendo, Milner and Lucas aren't on the pitch the options are really limited, best of a bad lot for the role IMO.

Unless you've a Stevie G type captain it's largely a meaningless role.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling we will sign Robertson from Hull instead. I hope I am wrong. Don't rate him at all.
    A few stories cropping up in the last few days saying Klopp is impressed with the English lads in the team and wants to bring in some more.

I'll wait and see how any new lads signed bed in. If Klopp thinks they will do the job then I'm not going to argue with him especially seeing how well Mane, Wij and Matip improved the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Underwhelmed by the Solanke news but fairly bothered by the Sessegnon developments. He was our #1 target according to James Pearce; it seems the club was so confident of signing him that we were telling the usual journos.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Underwhelmed by the Solanke news but fairly bothered by the Sessegnon developments. He was our #1 target according to James Pearce; it seems the club was so confident of signing him that we were telling the usual journos.

A 17 year old full back should not be our #1 target. We should be looking at a left back that is an improvement on Milner and Moreno, not one that had a decent season in a lower league and that needs someone to learn from.

Well if Hendo, Milner and Lucas aren't on the pitch the options are really limited, best of a bad lot for the role IMO.

Unless you've a Stevie G type captain it's largely a meaningless role.
    Yeah there isnt really a standout person even including those 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    A 17 year old full back should not be our #1 target. We should be looking at a left back that is an improvement on Milner and Moreno, not one that had a decent season in a lower league and that needs someone to learn from.

Whether he's a mercurial talent who'll be setting the standards in his position for the next decade, or a stop-gap who offers an alternative to an ageing right-footed central midfielder who is floundering in his position, we desperately needed a signing at left back, and the kid fit the bill.

Don't forget we went from persuing Gurreiro last year to Ben f*cking Chilwell and were rebuffed by both. This makes the 3rd left back (at least) that we've tried to sign under Klopp that we've missed out on - perhaps the most promising of the three - and he looks to be going to Spurs, the club who got Dele Alli in similar circumstances. It's a very worrying trend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Let be honest, It's probably gonna be another ****ty transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't believe he was our No 1 target.

Even so, it happens in football. Not all transfer targets are met.

I'm not going to lose sweat over a 17 year old who clearly want to stay in London.

brevity wrote: »

Why? Because of one 17 year old in the Championship?

Yeah there isnt really a standout person even including those 3

Can is probably the closest we have in terms of a traditional captain, with regards to the personality on the pitch. He's a bit young and has a fair bit of development left before he could take that mantel though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's not even June ffs, get a grip. Mane was considered a very early signing last summer and that didn't even happen until June 28th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Thats the spirit :pac::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why? Because of one 17 year old in the Championship?

No because Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Yeh, like last summer, with Matip, Mané and Wijnaldum for the same outlay as selling Allen, Benteke, Skrtel and Ibe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mahrez wants out at Leicester, would still love him at Liverpool.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Whether he's a mercurial talent who'll be setting the standards in his position for the next decade, or a stop-gap who offers an alternative to an ageing right-footed central midfielder who is floundering in his position, we desperately needed a signing at left back, and the kid fit the bill.

Don't forget we went from persuing Gurreiro last year to Ben f*cking Chilwell and were rebuffed by both. This makes the 3rd left back (at least) that we've tried to sign under Klopp that we've missed out on - perhaps the most promising of the three - and he looks to be going to Spurs, the club who got Dele Alli in similar circumstances. It's a very worrying trend.

I have no doubt that he is a talent, but given that you even call him a 'kid' says to me that he's not ready....I'm not being facetious.
    Dele Alli was knocking around for a while, much like Will Hughes was. Spurs took the gamble and won....but were not totally defendant on him in the position.
    Noone took the gamble on Will Hughes and he's kind of disappeared now although a fine looking player a few years back.
    What I'm getting at is that we need a nailed on starter if we are signing a left back, one that compliments the midfield and the centre back partnership beside him.

LAst summer's was very decent ............ when you consider the contribution made my Mane, Wij and Matip.

I mean, I'm not sure he'd make a huge difference to us next season but its another top target missed......well a reported top target anyway.....frustrating, but it wont hurt as much as missing Keita for example, a player that will make a massive difference to our midfield.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

We *should* be all over that...

Edit : Obviously we won't be :(

I want nothing to do with anyone from their team, tbh. The whole not playing for Cloudy N Rainy, and then the massive upturn in performances after he left, annoyed me.

Plus I think Vardy is a monumental tit, and he stains the rest of them for me.

• Advertisement

As long as Klopp doesn't ban burgers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We should sign Marco Ban Burgers.
    Another German at the club is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So Leipzig arent short of a few quid, just made it into the CL thanks to this kid. He doesn't seem in a hurry to go anywhere. I'm not mad confident of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wouldn't want Mahrez. Decent player but his 15/16 season was a one off.
    Not sure he suits our style either he can be a liability at times on the right & he is not that good where his lack of a defensive contribution can be overlooked.

I can't see us getting Van Dijk or Keita either but hopefully we have some other good targets lined up. Nainggolan would be the top of my list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Considering we made CL, have a world renowned manager, are a historically significant club, and play a very existing brand of football - why the hell are we so negative about transfers? We have the money, we have the pulling power, and we are LIVERPOOL!!!

Dickerty wrote: »
    Considering we made CL, have a world renowned manager, are a historically significant club, and play a very existing brand of football - why the hell are we so negative about transfers? We have the money, we have the pulling power, and we are LIVERPOOL!!!

WE ARE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

WE ARE NOT HURLING

Dickerty wrote: »
    I thought we were the champions league.

Damn, I'm getting too old for this.

Can we let the goal posts in one spot, just in case a game of hurling breaks out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

All this makes me feel is...

Arsenal transfer window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Suddenly I have an image in my head of Sakho as Freddie Mercury singing We are the Champions League (Country)

/goes for a lie down.

Why the heck is anyone against Solanke? He is being bought for the UEFA kids Cup and future consideration.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement