Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's hard to take a guy called Solanke seriously when he's only 6'1". That's not so lanky, it's just slightly above average. It's like Shane Long all over again.

Sorry, I know I'm being pedantic but there's no more hurling on until Sunday and I'm losing the head here. I'm not even from a ****ing hurling county!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's hard to take a guy called Solanke seriously when he's only 6'1". That's not so lanky, it's just slightly above average. It's like Shane Long all over again.

Sorry, I know I'm being pedantic but there's no more hurling on until Sunday and I'm losing the head here. I'm not even from a ****ing hurling county!

Galway?

*runs*

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Galway?

*runs*

You know what happens when you accuse me of being from Galway? You know what happens?

DLOokYc8UKM-fB9H4xMDoxOjA4MTsiGN

Galway is actually quite nice too to be fair, just not for sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Knex. wrote: »
    I want nothing to do with anyone from their team, tbh. The whole not playing for Cloudy N Rainy, and then the massive upturn in performances after he left annoyed me.

Doubt many would judge him too much over that if he's putting in player of the year type performances week in week out. Look at Hazard previous season compared to this one gone, a sulky so and so with a seemingly bad attitude turned back into arguably the best performing player.

Players of Mahrez' ability are few and far between, he'd been a dream in the klopp system. Probably just about comes under the getable bracket too.

You know what happens when you accuse me of being from Galway? You know what happens?

Galway is actually quite nice too to be fair, just not for sport.

Solid pro wrestling reference and solid dig at Galway also at the end.

Would read again, easily 9/10 post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Colemania wrote: »
    Paul Joyce just said that we've pulled out of the race for Sessegnon too so looks like Spurs have won the race to sign him. Thought he was klopps number 1 left back target. Maybe going all out for Mendy......

Balls, have a feeling we'll regret that in the medium term.

Side note, interesting that the Solanke article mentioned that Leipzig were also in for him. Possible loan makeweight if we're moving for Werner? Or to help along the Keita deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Jesus lads, ye have really latched on to the hurling thing and soloed with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Jesus lads, ye have really latched on to the hurling thing and soloed with it.

Puck off with your puns :pac:

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Balls, have a feeling we'll regret that in the medium term.

Side note, interesting that the Solanke article mentioned that Leipzig were also in for him. Possible loan makeweight if we're moving for Werner? Or to help along the Keita deal?

Makes sense for him to go to spurs if he's already based in Londahn

Red Bull Leipzig are about to sign Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Konrad Laimer leading to people guess he is the replacement for Keita who joined Red Bull Leipzig from Red Bull Salzburg last season.

Red Bull have this thing well sorted sell players between the clubs they own before selling them on again for huge profits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Handy little earner. Really should be illegal.

Handy little earner. Really should be illegal.

Yeah... im not really sure how it's not, since it's not allowed to have owners having a stake in competing European clubs (I recall there was some talk of a potential conflict with that Roma owner guy who has a small stake in FSG).

I don't know the ins and outs, but im guessing Red Bull are pulling a bit of loop-hole jiggery-pokery with this.

If UEFA stick to their guns Leipzig will not play in the CL nest season but somehow I bet they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Back to speculation: Mo Salah's agent is flew to England yesterday and just followed Liverpool on a few different social medias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Looks a decent player in those Quorn ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Back to speculation: Mo Salah's agent is flew to England yesterday and just followed Liverpool on a few different social medias.

Words! Words! Get your free words over here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yeah... im not really sure how it's not, since it's not allowed to have owners having a stake in competing European clubs (I recall there was some talk of a potential conflict with that Roma owner guy who has a small stake in FSG).

I don't know the ins and outs, but im guessing Red Bull are pulling a bit of loop-hole jiggery-pokery with this.

Bit like Man City and the clubs they own if they were better

Oh we are good enough for him now then ;)

Waits for Spurs to flash the eyes at him and he drops the hand and joins them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Fricking fixtures for the PL will be released in just over 2 weeks. 14th of June if you want to add a reminder;)

Is this just a thing agents and players do now? I mean, they're obviously not doing it for any of the news/info people normally sign up for - it's obviously done purely for the act of doing it.

Not really worth paying attention to though, as we've no idea what the purpose of something like that is. Could be like the modern day version of throwing pebbles at a window, like "hey! Heeeeyy! we're out here!", or it could be a little public show to all clubs that Salah's available, or just some posturing with Roma for an improved contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Has any player followed a club and then sign for that club a few days/weeks later? Or agent follow a club and then a player he represents signed for them a few days/weeks later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Good start for Ian Ayre

Ayre has resigned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Fricking fixtures for the PL will be released in just over 2 weeks. 14th of June if you want to add a reminder;)

What's the start date for new season?

I didn't think he had even started there yet.

So does that mean the video game guy is now at the club?

Didn't last 1860 hours at 1860 Munich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Are they going ahead with the insane Xmas schedule this year? There was talk about it last Xmas...they were on about squeezing in an insane amount of games so the season could end earlier because of the World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Good start for Ian Ayre
    Ayre has resigned

59ae035732c9f8a13cfb70d5cdfde659c99f2009c912d719e4242393c6146cb2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I didn't think he had even started there yet.

So does that mean the video game guy is now at the club?

Only started last month.

https://twitter.com/JosephMusker/status/869644062210568192

• Advertisement

Didn't last 1860 hours at 1860 Munich.

Complicated bloody name anyway. Should really just call it "7 o'clock Munich".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Complicated bloody name anyway. Should really just call it "7 o'clock Munich".
    Feck it, go mad and round it off to 19 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

xabi wrote: »
    What's the start date for new season?

Celtic's qualifier for the CL is on the 27th June, I think Liverpool enter in the next round two weeks later and the PL starts on 12th of August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

John Cross of the mirror says that van dijk is moving closer to signing as we are offering him 200 thousand pounds a week.

Is cross a known spoofer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Celtic's qualifier for the CL is on the 27th June, I think Liverpool enter in the next round two weeks later and the PL starts on 12th of August.

I think you have that wrong.

27th of June is the first round of qualifiers.

Celtic will be in the second round starting on 11-12 July.

Liverpool in Play off round starting on 15-16 August.

Info is here.

ricero wrote: »
    John Cross of the mirror says that van dijk is moving closer to signing as we are offering him 200 thousand pounds a week.

Christ... that's a lot of moolah for a defender... really sets quite an expectation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Cross is full of **** though

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Cross is full of **** though

John Cross is an Arsenal friendly hack as a rule, maybe there is something in it.

Really should be no more than 100k a week, if the second 100k was a clean sheet bonus, I'd be alright with that.

Still, it's silly money for a player who's completely unproven in a high line. Southampton do not defend like us and however good VVD might be, he'll more than likely struggle at first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Really should be no more than 100k a week, if the second 100k was a clean sheet bonus, I'd be alright with that.

Still, it's silly money for a player who's completely unproven in a high line. Southampton do not defend like us and however good VVD might be, he'll more than likely struggle at first.

Its Pogba and Ibra money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

John Cross is an Arsenal friendly hack as a rule, maybe there is something in it.

It's the last dying battle cry of a sad 'Wengerout' man. He also said Wenger would leave 2 weeks ago.

A few click bait hits wont harm a new book he has out.

People need to understand that most of these people like him are *yellow card offence*.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Red Bull Leipzig are about to sign Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Konrad Laimer leading to people guess he is the replacement for Keita who joined Red Bull Leipzig from Red Bull Salzburg last season.

Red Bull have this thing well sorted sell players between the clubs they own before selling them on again for huge profits.

Pity we couldn't get some wingers on a free transfer from them. Red Bull gives you wing(er)s...... I'll fetch my outer layer waterproof thingy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wouldn't trust him.

I'll believe it when I see it if we get Van Dijk.

But whoever signs Van Dijk is getting the best CB in the PL.

Dance your cares away,
    Worry's for another day.
    Let the music play,
    Down at Fraggle Rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

noodler wrote: »
    Its such an obvious answer I can't believe you are asking the question but here goes :

He has been crocked for the guts of three years with almost no football under his belt.

He scored about ten goals in the Premiership for Burnley ONCE and apparently he is a natural goalscorer.

So essentially

1. The basis for calling him a natural goalscorer is weak imo.

2. There is little evidence he'll ever get back to the above level yet.

Your obvious answer is poor and not well thought out tbh. He scored 11 goals in his first PL season. Not bad for someone who I'm saying is a cheap backup. There is also life beyond the Premiership. The season before that had a > 1 in 2 record in the Championship, scoring 21 goals in 40 games.

1. The basis for calling him a proven goalscorer is well... proven. He has better stats versus Jamie Vardy for example in both his last season in the Championship and his first season in the Premiership.

2. You're right, we've no evidence that he'll get back to that level. So getting a nothing fee for him and watching him either thrive or flop elsewhere is not much better than keeping him and letting him see if he can score goals like he did before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Your obvious answer is poor and not well thought out tbh. He scored 11 goals in his first PL season. Not bad for someone who I'm saying is a cheap backup. There is also life beyond the Premiership. The season before that had a > 1 in 2 record in the Championship, scoring 21 goals in 40 games.

1. The basis for calling him a proven goalscorer is well... proven. He has better stats versus Jamie Vardy for example in both his last season in the Championship and his first season in the Premiership.

2. You're right, we've no evidence that he'll get back to that level. So getting a nothing fee for him and watching him either thrive or flop elsewhere is not much better than keeping him and letting him see if he can score goals like he did before.

We'll need a bit more than a solitary average premier league season return of 11 goals three years ago to argue he's a natural goalscorer for a team going with CL and title ambitions.

You probably think that's "poor" though.

It's just realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Cross has very good contacts in London, but outside of that he is known for a good troll, though he could be just reporting what his "source" told him. I doubt Liverpool would break their wage structure for VVD.

In other Liverpool news, the mail are stating that ye have offered Clichy at 2 year contract

https://twitter.com/mailsport/status/869795616859336704

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

astradave wrote: »

In other Liverpool news, the mail are stating that ye have offered Clichy at 2 year contract

https://twitter.com/mailsport/status/869795616859336704

Oh God, no....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

He had the advantage of playing in a natural position and has a bit more speed than Milner, but it's not the most appeasing or nerves-settling name to hear connected with left back. I'd prefer him to Milner in terms of simply playing left back but I doubt he'd bring such a calm head, required niggly, upsetting-the-opposition play, and (almost) guaranteed conversion of penalties.

Not inspired but I wouldn't be too bothered if we signed him if other targets (Keita, VVD) are nailed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Knex. wrote: »
    Very surprised at that. Was this expected?
    The Guardian had a story of him talking to Arsenal about succeeding Wenger back in January. It surfaced a few times in other British media outlets before Bild made it a headline in Germany.

Of course everybody denied there had been contact. Dortmund said they had not received any contact from Arsenal. Tuschel's denial was along the lines of the Rafa Benitez statement "As always I am focused on training and coaching my team..." and initially there was no statement from Arsenal. Shortly after the British tabloids started carrying the story, a senior member of the Dortmund hierarchy was seen meeting with Paulo Sousa, the manager of Fiorentina. All of that took place before the Bild article.

There were also stories in the German media a few weeks ago that the cup final would be his last game so it wasn't unexpected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Rodriguez/Amavi/Tierney/Hernandez

My super scouting sources tell me Liverpool should sign one or two of them for LB.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement