Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Atletico's transfer ban was upheld at Court of Arbitration this morning so talk is now we are back in for Lacazette.

Thought it wasn't due until Thursday with CAS ?
    Any links ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

martyos121 wrote: »
    Atletico will be pretty fecked next season if United activate Griezmann's release clause. They won't even be able to replace him.

If we do go in for Lacazette, I'd hope we at least enquire about taking Tolisso as well assuming we miss out on Keita. You'd be looking at over €100m for both but they would go straight into the first team, without question.

I'd say myself we won't get Lacazette. He's a favourite of mine for years now but I don't think he would suit our style under Klopp we had our chance to get him after Luis left but the previous manager didn't want him and we signed Mario instead.

Though it wasn't due until Thursday with CAS ?
    Any links ?

I just saw it this morning on my facebook feed from ESPN I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Those friendly prices are disgraceful. But not a surprise since the FAI are involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

MD1990 wrote: »
    Those friendly prices are disgraceful. But not a surprise since the FAI are involved.

Sucks but its better than forking over the extortionate prices for tickets at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MD1990 wrote: »

How are the FAI involved?

Also, I'd say Liverpool would ask for a pretty penny to come over.

................. Lacazette....................we had our chance to get him after Luis left but the previous manager didn't want him and we signed Mario instead.

Rodgers told you that I presume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

murpho999 wrote: »
    How are the FAI involved?

Also, I'd say Liverpool would ask for a pretty penny to come over.

FAI season ticket holders have a pre sale option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Atletico will be pretty fecked next season if United activate Griezmann's release clause. They won't even be able to replace him.

If we do go in for Lacazette, I'd hope we at least enquire about taking Tolisso as well assuming we miss out on Keita. You'd be looking at over €100m for both but they would go straight into the first team, without question.

I'd say myself we won't get Lacazette. He's a favourite of mine for years now but I don't think he would suit our style under Klopp we had our chance to get him after Luis left but the previous manager didn't want him and we signed Mario instead.
    That's not right. Rodgers has said before he was given a choice of Mario or no-one, he didn't pass on Lacazette. Only a week or two before, he was asked about Mario and said he wouldn't sign him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Vicxas wrote: »
    Sucks but its better than forking over the extortionate prices for tickets at Anfield.

Tickets at Anfield range from £37-£59

I wouldn't call that extortionate :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

x43r0 wrote: »
    Tickets at Anfield range from ?37-?59

I wouldn't call that extortionate :confused:

They are if you don't know anyone and have to resort to touts or Travel Agents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

They are if you don't know anyone and have to resort to touts or Travel Agents.

I see what you're getting at but the days of having to 'Know a guy' are gone. Anyone can buy a membership and get decent access to tickets

It's depressing that those travel agents are even still doing business - Dirty shower of ***** :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dickerty wrote: »
    That's not right. Rodgers has said before he was given a choice of Mario or no-one, he didn't pass on Lacazette. Only a week or two before, he was asked about Mario and said he wouldn't sign him...

Don't know what you're quoting me for, I never said such a thing. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I'm a United fan, this is my first post in the Soccer forum and here I am in the Liverpool thread! We really are obsessed.

Seriously though, I have to pick up two tickets for the Liverpool Aviva game on Friday morning. How are they priced and are you expecting it to sell out quickly?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Join a supporters club in your area. If you do there's very few games you won't be able to get tickets for and you'd get them at face value.

The United vs Sampdoria friendly is a complete rip off too at the Aviva. I was going to go up to it, but not a chance at that price. If people stayed away from both these friendlies they might rethink ticket prices for the next time they play here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Paleblood wrote: »
    I'm a United fan, this is my first post in the Soccer forum and here I am in the Liverpool thread! We really are obsessed.

Seriously though, I have to pick up two tickets for the Liverpool Aviva game on Friday morning. How are they priced and are you expecting it to sell out quickly?

Cheers.

GET OOOUUUTTTT

of that wet coat, you'll freeze. Tea, coffee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

LFC: We want to sign you.
    Sessegnon: No thanks. Not interested.
    The ECHO understands that Liverpool doubted the youngster’s commitment to a move to Merseyside, and have subsequently withdrawn their interest.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-out-ryan-sessegnon-race-13117904#ICID=sharebar_twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Didn't want to sign him anyways.

The club seems to be in a hurry to explain that they're having the final word here. I can't blame them considering they've very publicly been pursuing the kid for months and he's now going elsewhere.

I wish they could do their business behind closed doors without leaking every target to the usual journos. It's clearly detrimental, if not to the deal then to the image of the club. "Liverpool are confident..." is now a precursor to a deal about to fall apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Cheers.

I would expect that they sell out pretty quickly yes. The Utd one looks to have sold out and that is midweek and more expensive.

If you have a Three mobile account you can get a presell code and pick up some tomorrow.

http://plus.three.ie/#/offers/1540?category=music

Sappy404 wrote: »

He is a 16 year old who still lives at home with his parents and wants to stay around them and his friends I really don't have an issue with that to be honest.

He is a 16 year old who still lives at home with his parents and wants to stay around them and his friends I really don't have an issue with that to be honest.

Agreed. I'm commenting on the club's assertion that they are the ones calling an end to it on the grounds of "doubting" his commitment. In all likelihood he told them "no" and they're spinning it. That's what I'm saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The club seems to be in a hurry to explain that they're having the final word here. I can't blame them considering they've very publicly been pursuing the kid for months and he's now going elsewhere.

I wish they could do their business behind closed doors without leaking every target to the usual journos. It's clearly detrimental, if not to the deal then to the image of the club. "Liverpool are confident..." is now a precursor to a deal about to fall apart.

The club have said nothing in public and journalists job is to get info.

A lot of real work is done behind closed doors such as yesterday's announcement that nobody saw coming.

I don't see how it's detrimental.

Sometimes deals don't happen for various reasons and there is no need to over analyse them and draw wrong conclusions.

No club achieves every transfer target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

We could try trading Moreno for Tierney. Given the state of the opposition he would likely face in the Scottish league, Moreno would be a God. Tierney showed in the Champions League games that he does have some defensive nous and is also an effective attacking outlet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Really hope the Vvd deal is done and we can then move on to other areas. I know it mightn't be a popular choice on here but I would be happy enough with Robertson from hull at left back decent defender and seems to be good enough attacking wise.
    Given klopps record of making pretty good signings then I have every faith in him to find the right player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Agreed. I'm commenting on the club's assertion that they are the ones calling an end to it on the grounds of "doubting" his commitment. In all likelihood he told them "no" and they're spinning it. That's what I'm saying.

Honestly, if you have people on your payroll to come up with risible horse**** spin like "doubting his commitment" in situations like this, then look hard at your operating model. If you do find yourself in this sort of place, there's way more dignity in silence.

No doubt some morkeshing cretin. Call Rentokill when you see those blighters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Dickerty wrote: »

Don't know what you're quoting me for, I never said such a thing. :confused:
    Sorry, was quoting Agent who was quoting you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I know it mightn't be a popular choice on here but I would be happy enough with Robertson from hull at left back decent defender and seems to be good enough attacking wise.
    In April, a few of the tabloids had Robertson to Liverpool down as a done deal which will be announced when the transfer window opens. Maybe a lesson has been learned and the club is staying quiet before deals are announced or the tabloids were just making stuff up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pearce and Reddy on holiday at the same time, too. Coincidence, or a move by the club to ensure things are kept quiet / catch whatever leaks they may have internally.

Probably just coincidence, considering nothing really relevant happens until July, but no harm to lob a bit of cynicism around the gaff from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Knex. wrote: »
    Pearce and Reddy on holiday at the same time, too. Coincidence, or a move by the club to ensure things are kept quiet / catch whatever leaks they may have internally.

Probably just coincidence, considering nothing really relevant happens until July, but no harm to lob a bit of cynicism around the gaff from time to time.

Not a coincidence, they are bone bros. (Lucky Him)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'd have been quite happy if we had bought him now, with a 1 or 2 year loan deal back to Fulham. They've dealt with his development really well so far anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not a coincidence, they are bone bros. (Lucky Him)

UGH! Enough projects talk, la.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lacazette could win us league, so it will always be a mystery to be why we are refusing to replace Suarez even after all this time.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'd have been quite happy if we had bought him now, with a 1 or 2 year loan deal back to Fulham. They've dealt with his development really well so far anyway.

If Spurs offer him the same deal we were going to offer he gets to develop there and not move.

Honestly the kid looks the real deal and I'd love if we could sign him but I don't blame him or the club for it not getting done.

These things happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If Spurs offer him the same deal we were going to offer he gets to develop there and not move.

Honestly the kid looks the real deal and I'd love if we could sign him but I don't blame him or the club for it not getting done.

These things happen.

Whenever these things happen, I just remember that we'll never be as unfortunate as Blackburn Rovers. They would've signed Robert Lewandowski for half nothing before he went to Dortmund, only for the Icelandic ash cloud to prevent him from travelling over to England to complete the move.

Whenever these things happen, I just remember that we'll never be as unfortunate as Blackburn Rovers. They would've signed Robert Lewandowski for half nothing before he went to Dortmund, only for the Icelandic ash cloud to prevent him from travelling over to England to complete the move.

Sheffield United could have signed Maradona back in the 70's but they didn't want to pay the £200k price.

Kenny wanted to sign Zidane when at Blackburn and was told why when we have Sherwood :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got three tickets to the Aviva game... Up in the sky but I don't care :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Umaro wrote: »
    I would expect that they sell out pretty quickly yes. The Utd one looks to have sold out and that is midweek and more expensive.

If you have a Three mobile account you can get a presell code and pick up some tomorrow.

http://plus.three.ie/#/offers/1540?category=music

Cheers. I actually bought two with that presale code that was doing the rounds earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

These things happen.

Wow that's incredibly unfortunate, but of course it's said Klopp turned him into a world beater :)
    Really is **** how him and other top players left dortmund to play for bayern, their rivals. Ruins the league there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Cheers. I actually bought two with that presale code that was doing the rounds earlier.

Anyone having trouble with the Three presale? It's telling me I was already sent a code. Unless it's part of the URL in the initial text message but I don't think that's right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Don't get the Tierney love myself he has had a solid season nothing spectacular and he is playing opposition that is of league one ability each week.

Sure he has potential but he not good enough at the minute and if signed would need another couple of years development

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I was thinking that the club may try go back in for pulisic now that tuchel has left dortmund. I am sure fsg would love an american poster boy at the club and klopp is a big admirer

The next next next next next Messi officially signed yesterday... Edvard Tagseth.

DBIyoKWWAAAcE3k.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Wheety wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with the Three presale? It's telling me I was already sent a code. Unless it's part of the URL in the initial text message but I don't think that's right.

Keep trying. I got my code after a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The next next next next next Messi officially signed yesterday... Edvard Tagseth.

DBIyoKWWAAAcE3k.jpg

He sounds like he should be in Game Of Thrones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So he's finally coming over? Seems like forever ago we first made an agreement with him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Don't get the Tierney love myself he has had a solid season nothing spectacular and he is playing opposition that is of league one ability each week.

Sure he has potential but he not good enough at the minute and if signed would need another couple of years development

No he is a really good player...stephen finnan but left back. Solid, reasonably quick, good cross, good footballing brain and good defender

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    So he's finally coming over? Seems like forever ago we first made an agreement with him!

I think he signed the pre contract/agreement when he was 14 he just turned 16 yesterday so he is now officially a Liverpool youth player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

redzerdrog wrote: »

No he is a really good player...stephen finnan but left back. Solid, reasonably quick, good cross, good footballing brain and good defender

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Wheety wrote: »

My three code doesn't work till 9am tomorrow according to live chat..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement