Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Bowlardo wrote: »
    No he is a really good player...stephen finnan but left back. Solid, reasonably quick, good cross, good footballing brain and good defender

He only 19 and has been playing for a side which cruises through games against opposition that would be mid table league one sides. I wouldn't mind if he is signed for the future but wouldn't like to be relying on him next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Bowlardo wrote: »
    No he is a really good player...stephen finnan but left back. Solid, reasonably quick, good cross, good footballing brain and good defender

We'll all be saying that when we sign him from the saints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    We'll all be saying that when we sign him from the saints.

It'll be a fantastic use of £67m+addons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lots of stuff floating around about Salah and Virgil van Dijk but none of it is worth hanging your hat on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Does the transfer window officially open at midnight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Signing season isn't until July 1st.

A long month ahead then till leaning pictures :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A long month ahead then till leaning pictures :pac:

Here's a photo of a hurley leaning into the head of Shane O'Donnell to tide us all over:

reddit-users-cant-get-their-head-around-hurling-after-seeing-that-clarekilkenny-photo.png

I'm not sure how this hurling thing started but I figure if we beat it to death as quickly as possible it might go away soon. :-D

Add another couple of million to his price for Barca to pay.

Coutinho will captain Brazil vs Argentina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Tomorrow's times

garyjacob & pauljoyce: City preparing to offer £50m + £180k a week for Virgil Van Dijk. LFC have offered £120k a week.

• Advertisement

If that's true and LFC won't up the wages offer it's puzzling how LFC reckon lovren getting 100k/week was warranted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Augeo wrote: »
    If that's true and LFC won't up the wages offer it's puzzling how LFC reckon lovren getting 100k/week was warranted.

A lot of so called in the knows are saying that the vvd deal is done already. we shall see :pac:

Salah is looking increasingly likely though by the sounds coming out of bein sport and sky news arabia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Rome, Salah bomb: Liverpool offers 40 million, the agent in England
    News that destabilizes Romanesque fans: the Egyptian one step away from adulthood?

Editing Fantagazzetta | 31/05/2017 23:29 1'

Liverpool's hands on Mohamed Salah : lightning strike for Romanians fans the action of the Reds, who put on the plate for the Egyptian striker 40 million euros.

It would be a serious offensive to the English club, so that the agent of the Roma player would be in England to talk about the proposal. Serious proposal also taken into account by Rome. Although there are no sources that report as agent, Ramy Abbas, in London for other reasons, Tam tam market has started, stronger than ever. Salah a step from adulthood to Rome?

40 million bid for Salad rumour out of Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Salah

According to Wiki Salad is now a liverpool player /.

Imagine if the previous manager could have signed him for a quarter the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Rome, Salah bomb: Liverpool offers 40 million, the agent in England
    News that destabilizes Romanesque fans: the Egyptian one step away from adulthood?

Editing Fantagazzetta | 31/05/2017 23:29 1'

Liverpool's hands on Mohamed Salah : lightning strike for Romanians fans the action of the Reds, who put on the plate for the Egyptian striker 40 million euros.

It would be a serious offensive to the English club, so that the agent of the Roma player would be in England to talk about the proposal. Serious proposal also taken into account by Rome. Although there are no sources that report as agent, Ramy Abbas, in London for other reasons, Tam tam market has started, stronger than ever. Salah a step from adulthood to Rome?

40 million bid for Salad rumour out of Italy

I'm guessing that was taken from Google Translate but, to tell the truth, it read exactly like one of your own posts. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Bloody Tam Tam market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I'm not too surprised if we've lowballed for VVD. It's our stated policy to look for value. Unfortunately that means that, window after window, we get outbid by richer, less frugal clubs.

Alli, Teixeira, Sanchez, Willian, even the last time we tried to sign Salah, or before that with Siggurdson. If another club of the same of greater financial standing comes in, the club publicly backs down, like there's some kind of moral high ground to be claimed by not paying competitive fees or wages, and the player goes elsewhere.

If Chelsea and City are in for VVD, it won't happen.

Imagine if the previous manager could have signed him for a quarter the price.

In 3 years time you can say the same about lots of players klopp won't land :) it's called hindsight

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I'm not too surprised if we've lowballed for VVD. It's our stayed policy to look for value. Unfortunately that means that, window after window, we get outbid by richer, less frugal clubs.

Alli, Teixeira, Sanchez, even the last time we tried to sign Salah, or before that with Siggurdson. If another club of the same of greater financial standing comes in, the club publicly backs down, like there's some kind of moral high ground regarding not paying competitive fees or wages, and the player goes elsewhere.

If Chelsea and City are in for VVD, it won't happen.

But we throw lucrative contract extensions at lovren.
    Mind boggling really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

garyjacob & pauljoyce: City preparing to offer £50m + £180k a week for Virgil Van Dijk. LFC have offered £120k a week.

Even if we improved the bid City would raise their. Probably should just out of spite. Pep needs him for his "philosophy" of pretending not to be pure artificial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

How can you justify giving a club a huge fee for a player and then lowball the player on wages? Its not only transfer fees that have increased. Farcical if true.

NukaCola wrote: »
    How can you justify giving a club a huge fee for a player and then lowball the player on wages? Its not only transfer fees that have increased. Farcical if true.

For me 120k a week ain't lowballing. If you give him 180 a week next time anyone's contract is up they'll want 180k or 200k. If we aren't winning anything then how stupid do we look paying top wage for achieving little. We ain't going to outbid City or United who will do stupid things to get who they want & it doesn't work out they can write it off.

ERG89 wrote: »
    For me 120k a week ain't lowballing. If you give him 180 a week next time anyone's contract is up they'll want 180k or 200k. If we aren't winning anything then how stupid do we look paying top wage for achieving little. We ain't going to outbid City or United who will do stupid things to get who they want & it doesn't work out they can write it off.

Van D is being signed to put lovren on the bench, lovren just got 100k/week deal from the club. 120k/week is lowballing in that context IMO.

We are willing to break our transfer record for a player by 15M and offer him 20k more than Lovren, would ya get out of it with your "We aint lowballing" ****e :pac:

Augeo wrote:
    Van D is being signed to put lovren on the bench, lovren just got 100k/week dealing the club. 120k/week is lowballing in that context IMO.

What do we offer when City offer 180k?
    Giving Lovren that much is just stupid on the part of the club if he's going to be sitting on his hole the next 4 years. But trying to match City for wages isn't going to end well long term. They have players who can sit on fat contracts if they want too. They wanted to sell players last year but had to loan them to subsidise their wages.
    I doubt he'd have signed by now even if we offered him 150 or 180. He knows plenty of clubs are looking for a defender now, it's not hard to think his agent used us to get him that high an offer.
    NukaCola wrote:
    We are willing to break our transfer record for a player by 15M and offer him 20k more than Lovren, would ya get out of it with your "We aint lowballing" ****e

What would you offer him so?
    200? 250?
    Might as well be 300 cause it's not as if City wouldn't be able to beat it if they want to.
    I'm not naive enough to believe we are the only side in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If City are really in for him, with all due respect, I can't see why he would join us before them tbh.

What would you offer him so?
    200? 250?
    Might as well be 300 cause it's not as if City wouldn't be able to beat it if they want to.
    I'm not naive enough to believe we are the only side in for him.

So the alternative is offer him way less? If you want quality players you have to pay for them. I dont disagree that City would outbid, but 120K is not a serious offer......if true of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What do we offer when City offer 180k?
    Giving Lovren that much is just stupid on the part of the club if he's going to be sitting on his hole the next 4 years. But trying to match City for wages isn't going to end well long term. They have players who can sit on fat contracts if they want too. They wanted to sell players last year but had to loan them to subsidise their wages.
    I doubt he'd have signed by now even if we offered him 150 or 180. He knows plenty of clubs are looking for a defender now, it's not hard to think his agent used us to get him that high an offer.

All of this is what happens when you start going in for 50 million pound defenders. The fee automatically implies a greater worth than pretty much any other defender out there, so they're totally within their rights to ask for wages to match.

It's just an arena we shouldn't even be messing in imo. If we got lucky and somehow turned out to be the only ones involved, grand, but dealing with this kind of money in a bidding war... at our financial level that ****'s only worthwhile for season defining creative players I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

100 million over 5 years for a guy who had a decent 9 months with no guarantee he will come back at the same level after injury is insane money

NukaCola wrote:
    So the alternative is offer him way less? If you want quality players you have to pay for them. I dont disagree that City would outbid, but 120K is not a serious offer......if true of course.

For me 120k is a fair opening offer. We have other deals to negotiate this summer, Can out of contract & will have to likely tie down others eventually who will see big contracts being handed out for just signing on not for improving results or individually.
    It fu*king kills me to say this but I feel the same way now with this deal as I do (with hindsight) to the ones for Salah, Willian, Alex Teixeira, Sigurdsson & others. We went in strong early but at the end of the day they we were likely only used to flush out other options.
    Even this Mendy thing for me feels the weird all of a sudden & yet is the exact same. If we get him I'll be bloody delighted but I can't help but feel we are pawns in these situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

noodler wrote: »
    We'll need a bit more than a solitary average premier league season return of 11 goals three years ago to argue he's a natural goalscorer for a team going with CL and title ambitions.

You probably think that's "poor" though.

It's just realistic.

Your realist point of view is focusing solely on a young strikers first season in the Premiership, ignoring that the season before that he was a 1 in 2 striker. Fact of the matter is he's a good hopefully 3rd or 4th choice striker on low wages and we won't get any decent fee for him if we sell him. Not suggesting he'll set the world alight, but if he's behind a new striker, Firmino and Origi in the pecking order then not sure what the problem is.

There has to be better uses of 50m than VVD for us, wages aside LB, CM & attack are more urgent a need.

Also, there's something really uninspiring about splurging that cash on a CB ..... surely the scouts etc have other CBs in mind.

The way we play the CBs are often attacking too.... VD or anyone else mightnt relish it.... waste of cash IMO.

I'd wonder are LFC at all serious in their interest, all considered. Lovrens 100k/week extension was ominous I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

There is no reason for Liverpool to leak transfer targets to the media unless the deal is done. Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd will always pay higher wages, even Tottenham are willing to pay more. We can all list the transfer targets that the club has missed out on in recent years for this very reason and if the latest reports are to be believed it appears the cycle is repeating itself again.

If the offer from Liverpool was accepted by Southampton and we're at the point of contract negotiation, then the dynamic has changed. The only reason for a leak at that stage is on the part of the player or the agent trying to flush out interest from other clubs. In which case they're not that committed to joining Liverpool and it's the money they are after.

Augeo wrote: »
    There has to be better uses of 50m than VVD for us, wages aside LB, CM & attack are more urgent a need.

Also, there's something really uninspiring about splurging that cash on a CB ..... surely the scouts etc have other CBs in mind.

The way we play the CBs are often attacking too.... VD or anyone else mightnt relish it.... waste of cash IMO.

I'd wonder are LFC at all serious in their interest, all considered. Lovrens 100k/week extension was ominous I reckon.
    Interest in Virgil van Dijk is more likely a smoke screen for our real transfer targets: Michael Keane and Harry Maguire.

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Don't get the Tierney love myself he has had a solid season nothing spectacular and he is playing opposition that is of league one ability each week.

Sure he has potential but he not good enough at the minute and if signed would need another couple of years development
    Did you see his performances in the Champions League? He was able to match Sterling stride for stride in the game against Man City, so he has pace. He can tackle and doesn't have a habit of switching off when play goes past him. He also provides width going forward and can provide an attacking option on the break. All attributes we need in an attacking fullback.

Klopp isn't going to sign the finished article so a player needing time to develop isn't really a valid argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Can't get into the 3 presale tickets at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Colemania wrote: »
    Can't get into the 3 presale tickets at all

Did you get a link in a text from 3?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Did you get a link in a text from 3?

Yup. Link won't load since about 8.58am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Any kind soul want to text me on a code??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/01/peter-moore-liverpool-chief-executive-spending-spree?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

New Chief executive Peter Moore first interview.

Does not fill me with any confidence. Expecting the same old penny pinching ****e from fsg now

If someone could post the link to the 3 presage ticketmaster page,that'd be much appreciated! Similar link to the liverpool fc members link put up here yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

3 presale not working for me; web page down it appears!

Vicxas wrote: »

It's a link within a link. When you get on to the 3 plus site, it's supposed to give you a ticket master link and that's the one we need. Some fella here posted up the LFC members ticket master link yesterday so it'll be similar to that

Colemania wrote: »
    It's a link within a link. When you get on to the 3 plus site, it's supposed to give you a ticket master link and that's the one we need. Some fella here posted up the LFC members ticket master link yesterday so it'll be similar to that

Aye im trying to even get passed the redirect link but it wont let me. Perhaps you need to be on the 3 network for the redirect to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

rossie1977 wrote: »
    100 million over 5 years for a guy who had a decent 9 months with no guarantee he will come back at the same level after injury is insane money

This is my issue as well.

Is this guy the second coming or something?

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/liverpool-fc-v-athletic-club-dublin-08-05-2017/event/180052A289E71617?artistid=942041&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=741&did=3dubli

Link there for the 3 presale tickets. Eventually got in but all tickets are up at the very back of the upper stand so didn't get any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just got in ad only tickets in the upper tier near the back or premium South Stand for €80.

Disaster or a website (Three's that is). I'm sure Ticketmaster could handle the numbers if Three had their sh8t together.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement