Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Wheety wrote: »
    Just got in ad only tickets in the upper tier near the back or premium South Stand for €80.

Disaster or a website (Three's that is). I'm sure Ticketmaster could handle the numbers if Three had their sh8t together.

They're always the same. I spent 50 minutes trying to get into the 3 plus website because all I needed was that link that i posted above. Ticketmaster website running absolutely fine. I wonder did any lower stand tickets get released at all on the 3 presale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Whether you consider ?120k a low-ball offer or not, if other clubs are offering 40-50% more for a player who you've been leaking your interest in for months, you're going to look like a chump. Yes, players sometimes don't take the most lucrative offer, but you can't base your transfer strategy on exceptions to the rule.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If City did sign VVD, would it be worth trying to lure Kompany away from them.
    I don't think he's a starter there any more, has had injury problems but I think he's past them. One of the best defenders I've seen. Scores goals from set pieces.

This is just wild speculation from me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Kompany? Kompany for Sturridge? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Colemania wrote: »
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/liverpool-fc-v-athletic-club-dublin-08-05-2017/event/180052A289E71617?artistid=942041&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=741&did=3dubli

Link there for the 3 presale tickets. Eventually got in but all tickets are up at the very back of the upper stand so didn't get any

I found some in the premium section, block 318 (I didn't take them). You need to set the price to 80 euro to find them though. Not sure it's worth that price though for a friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Surprised to read on the guardian this morning that we have a higher wage bill than City.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kompany? Kompany for Sturridge? FFS
    Where did Sturridge come into this? I'm talking about a central defender , and one that would improve our backline.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Where did Sturridge come into this? I'm talking about a central defender , and one that would improve our backline.

I think that was tongue in cheek refering to both of them as "Kompany" for one and other in the treatment room :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I think that was tongue in cheek refering to both of them as "Kompany" for one and other in the treatment room :P

Ah right....that went woooooosh over my head. :pac:

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »

When a joke needs explaining....:( :pac:

I was reading it as some sort of trade for Sturridge ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Move on sure, Johnathan Tah anyone? £50m to spend would go along way there.

A strong, tough tackling CB with an excellent reading of the game.

rob316 wrote: »
    Move on sure, Johnathan Tah anyone? £50m to spend would go along way there.

A strong, tough tackling CB with an excellent reading of the game.

He ticks all the moneyball boxes and could be as good as VVD in a couple of years, but we don't really do 'Plan B' when we miss out on signings, do we? We were after Gurreiro last summer and settled on Milner at LB when he went to Dortmund. We were after Zielinski and Dahoud too, but we kept Lucas and Stewart instead. Then there was Alex Texeira in January 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Anyone needs a 3 presale code just drop me a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

ERG89 wrote: »
    For me 120k is a fair opening offer.
    For context, £120k is the reported weekly salary of Kompany and Otamendi at Man City. Stones is reported to be on £100k a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Im probably being overly negative given the transfer window hasn't opened but I've got this sinking feeling that whatever attractiveness Klopp brings to us in terms of Transfers has been wholly negated by how far we've fallen in recent years and the competition we have. I'm sure we're "monitoring" and are genuinely in for the big names that have bandied about VVD, Keita, Bendy ,but when it's all said and done we'll probably end up signing players that would have signed for Rodgers given CL and a similar payscale.

Now that being said , should we have a creditable run in the CL and qualify for it again next year, that could all change, suddenly we wouldn't look that much of a risk to the top tier players we really want , and then the Klopp factor would really come into play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Even if true hopefully Klopp picks better players from the ones that are attainable. Rogers and the committee didn't do too well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Whatever happened to the links with Dahoud, isnt he available alot cheaper this summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like City have just spent €50m on Lucas Hernandez so I wonder does that end there interest in VVD.

Whatever happened to the links with Dahoud, isnt he available alot cheaper this summer?

Joining BVB.

• Advertisement

Im probably being overly negative given the transfer window hasn't opened but I've got this sinking feeling that whatever attractiveness Klopp brings to us in terms of Transfers has been wholly negated by how far we've fallen in recent years and the competition we have. I'm sure we're "monitoring" and are genuinely in for the big names that have bandied about VVD, Keita, Bendy ,but when it's all said and done we'll probably end up signing players that would have signed for Rodgers given CL and a similar payscale.

Now that being said , should we have a creditable run in the CL and qualify for it again next year, that could all change, suddenly we wouldn't look that much of a risk to the top tier players we really want , and then the Klopp factor would really come into play.

It's possibly more simple than that.

If City, United or Chelsea are after the same player as us then we lose out.

Same is probably true of Arsenal and possibly even Spurs.

It's almost like a draft system now. They all have their pick and then we choose from what's left over.

Dahoud has signed a deal with Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Genuinely wonder what motivates players into signing. I mean if you have offers off £100K and £200K a week I get that there's a big difference but either way you're still on 100 frigging grand a week. Just wonder how much of a factor it is.
    I imagine a lot of them are led by family, friends and agents to maximise the wage side of things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

City spending money like its going out of style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Odd that Madrid are selling him, unless the transfer embargo is being dropped.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Odd that Madrid are selling him, unless the transfer embargo is being dropped.

Nothing they can do if clubs meet the buyout clauses.

Looks like City have just spent €50m on Lucas Hernandez so I wonder does that end there interest in VVD.
    Atletico must be confident of the transfer ban not happening then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Nothing they can do if clubs meet the buyout clauses.

Tell that to Arsenal.....

Talisman wrote: »
    Atletico must be confident of the transfer ban not happening then.

Actually isnt the case up in court again today?

Actually isnt the case up in court again today?
    News reports saying the ban has been upheld.

http://www.espnfc.com/atletico-madrid/story/3137327/atletico-madrid-transfer-ban-upheld-by-cas-until-january-2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

mosstin wrote: »
    I'm guessing that was taken from Google Translate but, to tell the truth, it read exactly like one of your own posts. :D

Well played! You could give out a few banter lessons!

Sappy404 wrote: »
    He ticks all the moneyball boxes and could be as good as VVD in a couple of years, but we don't really do 'Plan B' when we miss out on signings, do we?
    Blame Klopp - he has said he won't sign a player for the sake of just signing a player for a position, he only wants to sign the right player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭mcgragger

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Genuinely wonder what motivates players into signing. I mean if you have offers off £100K and £200K a week I get that there's a big difference but either way you're still on 100 frigging grand a week. Just wonder how much of a factor it is.
    I imagine a lot of them are led by family, friends and agents to maximise the wage side of things

Shrewd players will know that their earning potential is limited - so a 4/5 year deal at 200k a week is double your money on 100k. No brainer.

Agents take a percentage of fee and also a commission based on rate of salary so the higher the better.
    I would say its a massive factor.

Also if you are getting that kind of offer its going to be a good club so again no brainer.

Then again if you look at the latest economic value of clubs - United/Real/Barca all around 3 billion - all of a sudden fees of 50/60 million dont look like so much--- other than to us mere mortals

utd have dropped all interest in Griezmann time to jump in now :P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

utd have dropped all interest in Griezmann time to jump in now :P:pac:

Wonder which one dropped their interest first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

gimli2112 wrote: »

If there's one thing most people like more than lots of money, it's even yet more money. That's far from a startling insight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Well played! You could give out a few banter lessons!

You could do with banter lessons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Umaro wrote: »
    I would expect that they sell out pretty quickly yes. The Utd one looks to have sold out and that is midweek and more expensive.

Ticketmaster pretend sold out for the UTD match.
    They have just released a huge amount of extra seats for the Utd game ,and good seats too ,much better than the crap they were foisting upon people last week in the presale and general sale.
    Typical Ticketmaster ,sell the crap first.
    They will no doubt do the same with the Liverpool match .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

hefferboi wrote: »
    You could do with banter lessons.

I've had some, the main one is about originality, not flogging the same joke to death, you're welcome ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A few rumours saying we're going to sign Salah for £40m+.

Would've saved everyone a lot of hassle and money if he'd come to us in the first place rather than going to Chelsea to sit on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Rome, Salah bomb: Liverpool offers 40 million, the agent in England
    News that destabilizes Romanesque fans: the Egyptian one step away from adulthood?

Editing Fantagazzetta | 31/05/2017 23:29 1'

Liverpool's hands on Mohamed Salah : lightning strike for Romanians fans the action of the Reds, who put on the plate for the Egyptian striker 40 million euros.

It would be a serious offensive to the English club, so that the agent of the Roma player would be in England to talk about the proposal. Serious proposal also taken into account by Rome. Although there are no sources that report as agent, Ramy Abbas, in London for other reasons, Tam tam market has started, stronger than ever. Salah a step from adulthood to Rome?

40 million bid for Salad rumour out of Italy

Ouch - This type of signing won't make us too popular around the league

After all, you don't win friends with Salah :pac:

Already got my coat on....

It's been all but confirmed that he's off to Dortmund.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Ouch - This type of signing won't make us too popular around the league

After all, you don't win friends with Salah :pac:

Already got my coat on....

When the rest of the league Caesar Salah, they'll be wondering how they lettuce get away with signing him. He's a real rocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Just seen City look like There front runners for VVD, if they get him and Walker there back four and Keeper will cost close to 250 million that is mental,
    If you look at it Ederson  (never capped) , Mendy (unknow) Walker( good) Stones ( awful ) VVD ( looks great ) ,the money for them 5 is just crazy ,Pep is going to fail
    People o  here go mad if we don't spend but id rather not if that's the back 5 you get for close to 250 million

In the crazy transfer market we are in now ?40m for Salah who has done very well in Italy becoming close to a 1 in 2 wing-forward isn't the worst use of money for the type of player we need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

NukaCola wrote: »
    Tell that to Arsenal.....
    +£1:cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭mcgragger

Ticketmaster pretend sold out for the UTD match.
    They have just released a huge amount of extra seats for the Utd game ,and good seats too ,much better than the crap they were foisting upon people last week in the presale and general sale.
    Typical Ticketmaster ,sell the crap first.
    They will no doubt do the same with the Liverpool match .

You can be sure they will.

Check toutless.ie a couple of weeks before the match and I would say you will get one.

Gbear wrote: »
    A few rumours saying we're going to sign Salah for £40m+.

Would've saved everyone a lot of hassle and money if he'd come to us in the first place rather than going to Chelsea to sit on the bench.

Chelsea used their wealth as a blocker.

Gbear wrote: »
    A few rumours saying we're going to sign Salah for ?40m+.

You mean it would cost Liverpool far less to buy him if Ayre hadn't low-balled Basel three and a half years ago.

You mean it would cost Liverpool far less to buy him if Ayre hadn't low-balled Basel three and a half years ago.
    Chelsea paid what Liverpool were offering for the player. Salah received a phone call from Mourinho after which the player decided he wanted to move to Chelsea.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement