Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

If you want a €50m player you have to pay €50m type player wages. Hope it gets done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Aubameyang agreed wages of £168k a week to play with PSG.

If he was to come to England he would get £250k + a week

It's monopoly money now for some clubs! Liverpool aren't at the races when it comes to throwing that kind of money at players yet.

VVD wages of £180k a week are just that right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Former player and assistant manager Mauricio Pellegrino is now being linked with the Palace job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

People freaking out over stories that most likely aren't true and 'FSG penny pinching' being mentioned in every other post means transfer season is in full swing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

ricero wrote: »
    Infurating stuff. Penny pinching by fsg may once again cost us a top quality player
    Have to laugh at that. There isn't a shred of evidence that the story is true. If enough people regurgitate it then it will become another accepted truth, it's just click bait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Turtyturd wrote:
    People freaking out over stories that most likely aren't true and 'FSG penny pinching' being mentioned in every other post means transfer season is in full swing.

It's gone now from Moneyball to Lowball. The former is a pretty good movie though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Hope they're not penny pinching based on this (premier league payments this year).

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40125394

Interesting the Sunderland got more this year for finishing last than Leicester got last year for winning it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

The most annoying thing fir me is we are after all these expensive options in the English league rather than cheaper alternatives in Germany Spain and Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Club has plenty of money now we are the 8th richest club in world football. If we want top players then we have to pay top wages

Is the guy a top player though and would he turn Liverpool into an automatic title contender? He has had a decent 9 months and he is coming off a serious injury with no guarantee he will get back to the level he was at this time last year.

I personally think Liverpool's defensive problems are how they are set up especially at set pieces rather than personal. Spending 100 million on a defender when it would be better spent on a world-class forward who can unlock packed defenses in tight games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The transfer fee is ridiculous and the wages are ridiculous.

130 is the upper end imo.

This is a Southampton and Celtic player we are signing, not someone from a top team.

We already pay the third highest wages in the league according to the guardian so not sure penny pinching comes into it.

• Advertisement

The most annoying thing fir me is we are after all these expensive options in the English league rather than cheaper alternatives in Germany Spain and Italy.

That's something that annoys me too. There's bits leaking out about how Klopp is looking for young English talent as he's been impressed with the level he's seen. Hopefully it's just a case of him placating journalists because they are clearly a level or two below other countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Is the guy a top player though and would he turn Liverpool into an automatic title contender? He has had a decent 9 months and he is coming off a serious injury with no guarantee he will get back to the level he was at this time last year.

I personally think Liverpool's defensive problems are how they are set up especially at set pieces rather than personal. Spending 100 million on a defender when it would be better spent on a world-class forward who can unlock packed defenses in tight games.

I dont know if he will be world class for us but if jurgen klopp has identified him to come into his team then the club should do all they can to sign him. Im sure klopp has targets for out attack also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

If Klopp wants VVD then I would take his judgement over some lads on an internet forum saying he has only played for Southampton and Celtic. He did buy Matip, Wij and Mane last summer after all.....our 3 best players last season and none of them playing for top clubs either when we purchased them.

Pay the fécking fee and the wages FSG, if it's who Klopp wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

If Klopp wants VVD then I would take his judgement over some lads on an internet forum saying he has only played for Southampton and Celtic. He did buy Matip, Wij and Mane last summer after all.....our 3 best players last season and none of them playing for top clubs either when we purchased them.

Pay the fécking fee and the wages FSG, if it's who Klopp wants.

I presume if they are not following it then Klopp has decided he is not worth the price

sword1 wrote: »
    I presume if they are not following it then Klopp has decided he is not worth the price

Knowing fsg we will end up with harry maguire instead

sword1 wrote: »

Well if that's the case then fair enough but if the story is true and we have offered 50 million for him but it's wages that are now the issue, then you would have to think Klopp does want him and FSG are lowballing.

Knowing fsg we will end up with harry maguire instead

Have they ever decided who we should buy?

If Klopp wants VVD then I would take his judgement over some lads on an internet forum saying he has only played for Southampton and Celtic.

Pathetic tbh. Use your words. Reductive arguments like that only serve to encourage blind faith where discussion is more than warranted.

50m and 200k, should buy you near world class with a proven track record and history of winning.

SPL and mid table with Southampton isn't exactly that.

Its not like martial is a bad player, for example, but the fee was completely out of alignment with what was being received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why are people taking Graeme Kelly as a gospel sauce? Him and This is Anfield seem to be more interested in clicks than unearthing any true facts.

noodler wrote: »
    Pathetic tbh. Use your words. Reductive arguments like that only serve to encourage blind faith where discussion is more than warranted.

50m and 200k, should buy you near world class with a proven track record and history of winning.

SPL and mid table with Southampton isn't exactly that.

Its not like martial is a bad player, for example, but the fee was completely out of alignment with what was being received.

Pathetic use of words? What are you on about. Calm down.

I already said our three best players last season were bought from mid table clubs and a relegated team. Hell our player of the season and one of the best players in the league, Mane, was bought from the same team you are running down now that VVD plays for.

And no that money does not buy you near world class with a proven track record of history of winning anymore it would seem, look at Stones and like you said Martial.

• Advertisement

Pathetic use of words? What are you on about. Calm down.

I already said our three best players last season were bought from mid table clubs and a relegated team. Hell our player of the season and one of the best players in the league, Mane, was bought from the same team you are running down now that VVD plays for.

And no that money does not buy you near world class with a proven track record of history of winning anymore it would seem, look at Stones and like you said Martial.

I have to wonder how much of the VVD love on here has to do with his previous club.

Is it really running him down by saying Celtic aren't Madrid? Or Barca? Or Munich? Or even just one of the top four in the top leagues?

Cos a 50m fee and and 200k in wages should get you someone with more proven quality, you shouldn't be hoping he can help you win things.

Where's the 200k coming from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

According to The Mirror(I know,I know),Southampton have put a £70m price tag on VVD. Anyone that pays that for him needs their head examined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why are people criticising the club based on articles from unknown people on the internet via Twitter.

These people have no idea what is going on.

Just ignore them and wait news from the club and more reliable journalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

According to The Mirror(I know,I know),Southampton have put a ?70m price tag on VVD. Anyone that pays that for him needs their head examined.

Hi Pep :p

I have to wonder how much of the VVD love on here has to do with his previous club.

Is it really running him down by saying Celtic aren't Madrid? Or Barca? Or Munich? Or even just one of the top four in the top leagues?

Cos a 50m fee and and 200k in wages should get you someone with more proven quality, you shouldn't be hoping he can help you win things.

You said that 50m should buy you near world class and that the SPL and Southampton weren't exactly that when in fact our only player actually near world class was bought last season from Southampton. Your logic is not making sense.

You also said we shouldn't have blind faith. I don't. I trust Klopps judgement which has been excellent so far in his transfer buys.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Have they ever decided who we should buy?

Ask brendan rodgers

Ask brendan rodgers

FSG told him who to buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

At the end of the day it's just gossip but people wouldn't be concerned if this had not happened before.

• Advertisement

You said that 50m should buy you near world class and that the SPL and Southampton weren't exactly that when in fact our only player actually near world class was bought last season from Southampton. Your logic is not making sense.

You also said we shouldn't have blind faith. I don't. I trust Klopps judgement which has been excellent so far in his transfer buys.

Coutinho? He was bought from Inter? And he was 20 and out of favour.

Lalanna was bought three years ago, is not near world class and is certainly not the squads closest thing to world class.

Now, not doubting his improvement but we also bought Lovren and Clyne from Southampton and they certainly aren't and never will be world class so your argument, which is based on more of an exception than the rule anyway re: our Southampton purchases , is a bit simplistic.

Another fact of the matter is that skilful players are more valuable. A centre half for 50m at 26 years of age unproven at the highest level is an extremely worrying trend. The money means nothing to city, we can't afford to be playing that game tbh.

It should be Chielenni or a modern day Maldini for that kind of money. Instead it is an SPL winner in his prime with a mid table premier league club.

Sunderland made £93.5m for finishing bottom of the league. More than Juventus,Bayern or Monaco got for winning their respective leagues. The money in English football has gone insane...surely it can't continue like this.

Lalanna was bought three years ago, is not near world class and is certainly not the squads closest thing to world class.

Now, not doubting his improvement but we also bought Lovren and Clyne from Southampton and they certainly aren't and never will be world class so your argument, which is based on more of an exception than the rule anyway re: our Southampton purchases , is a bit simplistic.

Another fact of the matter is that skilful players are more valuable. A centre half for 50m at 26 years of age unproven at the highest level is an extremely worrying trend. The money means nothing to city, we can't afford to be playing that game tbh.

It should be Chielenni or a modern day Maldini for that kind of money. Instead it is an SPL winner in his prime with a mid table premier league club.

I think he was talking about Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Pretty sure he was talking about Mane...

But it's still a silly argument imo. Would any of us have said Mane was world class at Southampton? He stepped up a gear when he joined us, and would be double the price now if we were selling as a result.

VVD could end up being world class - but at 50m you sort of already want the answer to that question. We know he's very good with 2 dedicated defensive mids in front of him. That's a pretty large caveat to performances when you're getting into the realms of the very best in the world. Is he as good without even one dedicated DM? We simply don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I like how people only believe in bullsh?t news stories when it benefits their argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I like how people only believe in bullsh?t news stories when it benefits their argument.

In fairness, I'm not sure what Trump and the Paris Accord has got to do with us signing VVD. Back on topic, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Where's the 200k coming from?

From the white, pimply, hairy ITK down the back of some champ's strides.

Liverpool initially offered 180k/week wages? Does anyone believe that? For a CB currently on 65k/week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Ask brendan rodgers

Just ask Coulson, he has a hotline to BR, he knows he didn't want Lacazette, he preferred Balotelli and he also didn't fancy Salah either. Either that or as Osmosis says he's just using horsesh1t rumours to suit an agenda, I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The 180k initial offer and then reduction sounds like total bollocks anyway. Not a hint of a respected source.

Also, what's the deal with Liverpool and Roma doing business? Are there any issues there with FSG having a stake in both clubs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We need players who want to play for us, should not need to convince. Let him go to City and get a game here and there, they already have Stones and Kompany.
    City buy players and kick them to the kerb within a year.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Also, what's the deal with Liverpool and Roma doing business? Are there any issues there with FSG having a stake in both clubs?
    FSG don't have a stake in both clubs.

Thomas DiBenedetto, is the owner of a company which has a 20% stake in AS Roma SPV, LLC. That company has a majority share of NEEP Roma Holding. NEEP Roma Holding owns 91% of the football club, AS Roma.

Thomas DiBenedetto has a minor percentage (<10%) of FSG.

We already pay the third highest wages in the league according to the guardian so not sure penny pinching comes into it.
    I wouldn't put too much faith in the figures published by the Guardian. You'd need a forensic accountant team to unravel the goings on at Man City. I remember reading that their players who go on loan aren't paid directly by the club. Last season, Man City had three first team players (Bony, Hart & Nasri) out on loan who on average earn £100k per week, that's over £15M that wouldn't appear in 'official' annual salary figures.

Man City have a hearing at the Court of Arbitration for Sport on July 3rd over their approach for Benjamin Garre when he was 15. They might want to have all their new signings registered before the hearing just in case they get a transfer ban.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfer-news-fixtures-13122997

In a break from transfer moaning I can't believe that in the 5 years since one of the greatest moments in the clubs history I had never seen this version of it. The fan audio manages to make it even better.

You are conviently leaving out the most important part of my point. Klopp is buying the players now. He didn't buy Lovren or Clyne from Southampton and I doubt he would have given the chance. He bought Mane from there and now to use your own term he is near world class. He has proven to have an exceptional track record in buying players at both Dortmund and now us.

Like I said if Klopp wants him then and I'll be fecking delighted to get him going on Jurgens previous judgement and from what I've seen of him last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

I see someone from the club yesterday, possibly the new CEO?, said that they wouldn't be fazed by City spending a truck load of money in this window. I hope this same person won't be upset and disappointed when we don't challenge again next year.

Whoever is in charge of recruitment for Spur is doing a hell of a job and out hope of challenging for the title is that we do something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

doc_17 wrote: »
    I see someone from the club yesterday, possibly the new CEO?, said that they wouldn't be fazed by City spending a truck load of money in this window. I hope this same person won't be upset and disappointed when we don't challenge again next year.

Whoever is in charge of recruitment for Spur is doing a hell of a job and out hope of challenging for the title is that we do something like that.
    Jannsen,sissoko,soldado,lamela,chadli Paulinho,capoue,chiriches,???

Stefan de Vrij is available for €25M/£22M, a total bargain at less than half the price.

doc_17 wrote: »
    A core part of the Tottenham recruitment strategy has been to try to sign Liverpool's transfer targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Talisman wrote: »
    A core part of the Tottenham recruitment strategy has been to try to sign Liverpool's transfer targets.

Worked for Chelsea too, we do all the scouting and "Monitoring" for them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement