Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

doc_17 wrote: »
    I see someone from the club yesterday, possibly the new CEO?, said that they wouldn't be fazed by City spending a truck load of money in this window. I hope this same person won't be upset and disappointed when we don't challenge again next year.

You have to ask yourself what the correct response to a media question is. And this answer is a correct response. It sounds like something Klopp would say. The alternative would be to start moaning about City's spending in one of his first interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I see someone from the club yesterday, possibly the new CEO?, said that they wouldn't be fazed by City spending a truck load of money in this window. I hope this same person won't be upset and disappointed when we don't challenge again next year.

Whoever is in charge of recruitment for Spur is doing a hell of a job and out hope of challenging for the title is that we do something like that.

Peter Moore said Liverpool cannot match City if going head to head. He is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Whoever is in charge of recruitment for Spur is doing a hell of a job and out hope of challenging for the title is that we do something like that.

On the one hand, we're not matching Citeh's spending.

On the other hand, we should follow the example of Spuds who... don't at all match Citeh's spending...

This is like a row with my missus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Salah bid rejected according to Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Apparently UTD are going in for Lacazette after the Griezmann stuff fell through.

If we're interested we need to nail him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah has agreed personal terms of £86k a week or £4.5m a year now the clubs have to agree a price with the first bid of £28m turned down.

This is coming from a number of places including Paul Joyce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Vicxas wrote: »
    Apparently UTD are going in for Lacazette after the Griezmann stuff fell through.

If we're interested we need to nail him down.

we're not in for him apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Get the deal done for about £35m for Salah, I think he's worth it. Discarded far too soon by Chelsea and never really given a chance. He tore Chelsea to pieces twice when he was at Basel. Will fit the system most importantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

we're not in for him apparently.
    Didn't want him anyway....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Offer €40m. Sounds like loads more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Grayditch wrote: »

We should do our business in Turkish lira. Or rupees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Grayditch wrote: »

Apparently, that is exactly what Roma are looking for.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/roma-turns-down-liverpools-bid-for-salah-the-situation

Arsenal have bid £87m (€100m) for Mbappe, and it was rejected. Christ on a bike.

If the club think Salah and Van Dijk are the players they need to progress, at this stage I'm starting not to care if they cost the guts of 100m. The money spent by the other clubs around us is just outrageous. Act or be left behind, and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Knex. wrote: »
    Apparently, that is exactly what Roma are looking for.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/roma-turns-down-liverpools-bid-for-salah-the-situation

Arsenal have bid £87m (€100m) for Mbappe, and it was rejected. Christ on a bike.

If the club think Salah and Van Dijk are the players they need to progress, at this stage I'm starting not to care if they cost the guts of 100m. The money spent by the other clubs around us is just outrageous. Act or be left behind, and all that.

I am all for the salah transfer at 35 million pounds. The van dijk fee is not the worry either, it's the five million more in wages a year makes it too expensive

sword1 wrote: »
    I am all for the salah transfer at 35 million pounds. The van dijk fee is not the worry either, it's the five million more in wages a year makes it too expensive

In the context of what lovren gets and Glen John' used to get 180k/week for a 50m CB isn't out if the ballpark IMO.

Now I'm not convinced VVD will be much better than a 25m CB but last season in the PL we conceded notably less goals than in both previous seasons so the signs are positive.

I'd sooner overpay in wages to land keita than Vvd though.

If salah is happy on 86k/week the van d (& lovren) figures are mental though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Any word on keita ? Have a feeling that transfer may drag

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »

Transfer season really isn't good for you is it ricero nothing the club does is right :P

RB dont want to sell, or are putting a brave face on things.

They signed a guy from RB Salzburg, people are speculating a replacement for Kieta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Transfer season really isn't good for you is it ricero nothing the club does is right :P

Haha i have been let down more times than i can count by fsg in the transfer market.

Also a quick google has shown me a report from the echo which says keita will decide his future after his holidays

Augeo wrote: »
    In the context of what lovren gets and Glen John' used to get 180k/week for a 50m CB isn't out if the ballpark IMO.

Now I'm not convinced VVD will be much better than a 25m CB but last season in the PL we conceded notably less goals than in both previous seasons so the signs are positive.

I'd sooner overpay in wages to land keita than Vvd though.

If salah is happy on 86k/week the van d (& lovren) figures are mental though.

Yes but using loverns wages to say we should pay other players more is not a good argument either. We should learn from our mistakes and not compound them. I would be more in favour of the keita transfer on the big wages also. I just think the vvd transfer as a bigger gamble and more unsettling for the wage structure of the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Got sorted last night for game tickets in the aviva defo looking forward to this and hope to see a few new signings on show that day

• Advertisement

Keita is the key signing IMO if he's genuine box to box.

Salah I doubt will put coutinho or mane on the bench so he's much needed depth but is an AFCON player too which is a pity. A month every second season potentially lost, same time as Mane.

Will salah be our only attacking signing of note?

I can't get excited over a credible CB signing no matter how good he is ..... very little LB rumours either.

Haha i have been let down more times than i can count by fsg in the transfer market.

Also a quick google has shown me a report from the echo which says keita will decide his future after his holidays

That's the important thing this is a summer without a major tournament so I reckon a lot of players,managers and backroom staff are all taking a break away the real work won't happen for another two weeks or so.

Yes but using loverns wages to say we should pay other players more is not a good argument either. We should learn from our mistakes and not compound them. I would be more in favour of the keita transfer on the big wages also. I just think the vvd transfer as a bigger gamble and more unsettling for the wage structure of the club

Indeed, I concluded by saying the van d wages requirement & lovren s wages are mental.

I doubt lfc or klopp view lovrens deal a mistake though... it was only done 2months back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Sure it's only the 2nd of June. Transfer window doesn't open until 1st July! :D

No, in fairness, the reason why everyone is panicking now is because the likes of Man City are splashing the cash already and are going full throttle for their targets. If we wait until July, they'll have Van Dijk, Mendy and whoever else snapped up. The Van Dijk and Keita deals will drag on and I'm not very confident we'll get Keita if I'm honest.

If we were to get Keita, Van Dijk, Salah and a new LB, we'd have such a strong squad.

Hypothetical team of:

Mignolet

Clyne
    Matip
    Van Dijk
    New LB

Keita
    Wijnaldum/Can

Mane
    Coutinho
    Salah

Firmino

Subs: Karius, Milner, Lovren, Henderson (if fit), Wijnaldum/Can, Lallana, Sturridge, Origi, Arnold, Woodburn and so on

Fantastic options to pick from in midfield!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Got sorted last night for game tickets in the aviva defo looking forward to this and hope to see a few new signings on show that day

Got tickets this morning in the general sale. Great selection of tickets going. Had tickets in the corner of the lower stand for €55 each but refreshed on another device and got tickets smack bang in the middle of the east stand, 5 rows up from the bottom! Cost an extra tenner each but sure I'll call it an early wedding present for myself (getting married the weekend after :P )

Look forward to seeing the new signings in action!

Colemania wrote: »
    Got tickets this morning in the general sale. Great selection of tickets going. Had tickets in the corner of the lower stand for ?55 each but refreshed on another device and got tickets smack bang in the middle of the east stand, 5 rows up from the bottom! Cost an extra tenner each but sure I'll call it an early wedding present for myself (getting married the weekend after :P )

Look forward to seeing the new signings in action!

Tickets are far better than what i thought there would be .

Still happy with mt tickets behind the goal.

..... can't see that front 4 though.
    Lallana &hendo both on bench if fit? Nope :)

Options though, that's what we need.

Squad game, apparently klopp only learned that in Jan/Feb according to Brendies confidente.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Just heard that Dortmund are interested in replacing Aubameyang with Balotelli. Either they've completely lost the plot at Dortmund or Raiola is trying to flush out interest in his client for another big pay day.

Talisman wrote: »
    Just heard that Dortmund are interested in replacing Aubameyang with Balotelli. Either they've completely lost the plot at Dortmund or Raiola is trying to flush out interest in his client for another big pay day.

Favre is favourite for the BVB job and has worked with Balotelli this last season and got a good shift out of him and he is available on a free as he only signed a one year deal at Nice.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Tickets are far better than what i thought there would be .

Still happy with mt tickets behind the goal.

Last time they played in august we hit the lansdowne road hotel for pre game drinks was a grest spot

• Advertisement

Sure its not Belotti?

Well to be honest ballotelli isnt a bad player at all and i can see why they would go for him leaves alot of funds for other areas and other players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

You would have to wonder what the wage structure is given Liverpool spent the third highest amount on wages last year, an astronomical ?208 million, more than Arsenal, city and more than double Tottenham. That number is especially interesting considering Liverpool have no real marquee signings and spent most of the season with 17-19 year olds on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

rossie1977 wrote:
    You would have to wonder what the wage structure is given Liverpool spent the third highest amount on wages last year, an astronomical ?208 million, more than Arsenal, city and more than double Tottenham. That number is especially interesting considering Liverpool have no real marquee signings and spent most of the season with 17-19 year olds on the bench.

I think there was something about those figures though.

City have loads of players in over 120k where we have only a couple

Even arsenal pay their lads more than we offer. Sanchez and Ozil are on 200k already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

When you look at Salah's record over this season and last, 40m seems more than fair in today's market. Can definitely see why Roma want more than 28m.

15 goals and 11 assists in 30 appearances last season.

Only 24 too.

Hope we just get this one done now, very much in favour of adding a proven pacy forward to the front line, 40m is the minimum you expect to pay these days for someone with a record like that.

rossie1977 wrote: »

Dont lfc contracts have huge money for goals scored and the likes

rossie1977 wrote: »

It would be good to see a breakdown of the figures. Are some including management /directors etc and are others paying them through a separate company. Are grounds keepers, shop staff and stewards included?

Morzadec wrote: »
    When you look at Salah's record over this season and last, 40m seems more than fair in today's market. Can definitely see why Roma want more than 28m.

15 goals and 11 assists in 30 appearances last season.

Only 24 too.

Hope we just get this one done now, very much in favour of adding a proven pacy forward to the front line, 40m is the minimum you expect to pay these days for someone with a record like that.

Certainly if its an English club buying anyway!

Interesting that successive managers have been interest in him though.

noodler wrote: »
    Certainly if its an English club buying anyway!

Interesting that successive managers have been interest in him though.

His pace opposite mane would be vital in breaking down defensive teams.

• Advertisement

His pace opposite mane would be vital in breaking down defensive teams.

Havent said otherwise.

Makes more sense to be spending the larger fees on attacking, pacey players rather than defenders imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dont lfc contracts have huge money for goals scored and the likes

Explains some of Migs performances!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Much rather give 180k a week to Salah than VvD but if the rumours are true and Salah's happy with 85k or whatever then why not give more to VvD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Didn't that wage breakdown show all members of staff at the club? I remember reading that only play wages are paid by Man City and all other staff are paid by their holding company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

rob316 wrote: »
    Get the deal done for about £35m for Salah, I think he's worth it. Discarded far too soon by Chelsea and never really given a chance. He tore Chelsea to pieces twice when he was at Basel. Will fit the system most importantly.

He had the option of joining us in 2014 and chose to join the Chelsea bench. F**k him I say. £28M+ for him is nuts anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Ardent wrote: »
    He had the option of joining us in 2014 and chose to join the Chelsea bench. F**k him I say. £28M+ for him is nuts anyway.

Actually he didn't. We bid 8million which was turned down Chelsea bid 11 which was accepted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Away kit is growing on me, not that a buy kits anymore, most get a look at it in the shop and see what it is like

2b706ebf60a9d__AKON_970x527.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wardling

I don't agree...in 2014 Chelsea were a better option. A foreign player with no club ties is going to pick the club with a better chance of silverware, higher wages, title challenge, regular champions league football, etc. I reckon he backed himself to break into the team too. At 21 a certain amount of confidence and ego would be a factor.

And that's discounting the fact Liverpool's bit was rejected and the club was then never an option in the first place.

If klopp decides to spend 28+ then so be it. I'll trust his judgement on it. I taught the mane deal was ridiculous at the time and he nailed it.

Keita Balde starting to be monitored this afternoon.

Sign all the AFCON players! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Spurs new signing so...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement