Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wardling

Keita Balde starting to be monitored this afternoon.

I taught he was going on holidays....are we gonna get some creepy paparazzi beach shots all weekend now?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Much rather give 180k a week to Salah than VvD but if the rumours are true and Salah's happy with 85k or whatever then why not give more to VvD.

Wage structure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Wardling wrote: »
    I taught he was going on holidays....are we gonna get some creepy paparazzi beach shots all weekend now?!!

Different Keita,this one's a Lazio winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Spurs new signing so...

I'm now convinced our transfer strategy is:

Find suitable player
    Monitor
    More monitoring
    Extreme monitoring
    Make a lowball offer
    ???
    They join Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Buy all the Keita's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'm now convinced our transfer strategy is:

Find suitable player
    Monitor
    More monitoring
    Extreme monitoring
    Make a lowball offer
    ???
    They join Spurs

Spurs have no budget left
    We get our real targets for peanuts
    :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rumours that mendy wanted to join and monaco accepted our bid but we offered to low of a wage. Also that sessagnon was to sign but was told he would be playing a year mostly for the under 23's so opted out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

and pray tell where did you read these bedtime stories?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Buy all the Keita's!
    1q6gnl.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

and pray tell where did you read these bedtime stories?

The graeme kelly on twitter. Seems to know whats going and was the first to break the news of rodgers sacking after the derby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Are we still being linked to Seydou Keita as well? He's definitely one for the future at only 37, also a free agent. That one has moneyball written all over it.

He's been dining off one good/lucky scoop for two nearly two years. I'd really ignore anything he says or that comes from This is Anfield for the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

ricero wrote: »
    The graeme kelly on twitter. Seems to know whats going and was the first to break the news of rodgers sacking after the derby

He's an absolute spoofer. Got 1 or 2 lucky breaks and he's been spouting nonsense ever since. Followed him in 2015 and 2016 and pretty much everything he said regarding transfers never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So all qualifying spots are now filled here are the 10 teams who Liverpool could face in the play off*

Viktoria Plzen
    CSKA Moscow
    Club Brugge
    Steaua Bucuresti
    Young Boys
    Nice
    Istanbul Basaksehir
    AEK Athens
    Sporting
    1899 Hoffenheim

If all seeded teams qualify Liverpool will just sneak into Pot 3. Not sure yet what Roma's finishing seeding points will be Liverpool have 56.192 Roma have 53.666

So it would be
    Pot 1
    Real Madrid
    Bayern Munchen
    Chelsea
    Juventus
    Benfica
    AS Monaco
    Spartak Moscow
    Shakhtar Donetsk

Pot 2
    Barcelona
    Atletico Madrid
    PSG
    Dortmund
    Sevilla
    Man City
    Porto
    Man Utd

Pot 3
    Napoli
    Spurs
    Basel
    Dinamo Kiev
    Ajax
    Olmypiakos
    Anderlecht
    Liverpool

Pot 4
    Roma
    Besiktas
    Celtic
    Salzburg
    Kobenhavn
    Ludogorets
    Feyenoord
    RB Leipzig

*depending on what UEFA do with RB Leipzig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Colemania wrote: »
    Got 1 or 2 lucky breaks and he's been spouting nonsense ever since.

This mirrors my own professional life perfectly.

£35m for Salah in this market seems like very decent business...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Colemania wrote: »
    He's an absolute spoofer. Got 1 or 2 lucky breaks and he's been spouting nonsense ever since. Followed him in 2015 and 2016 and pretty much everything he said regarding transfers never happened.

Agreed, he then throws a hissy fit if called out in it.

So all qualifying spots are now filled here are the 10 teams who Liverpool could face in the play off*

Viktoria Plzen
    CSKA Moscow
    Club Brugge
    Steaua Bucuresti
    Young Boys
    Nice
    Istanbul Basaksehir
    AEK Athens

RB Leipzig

*depending on what UEFA do with RB Leipzig

RB cannot have two teams in the competition if the rules are rules, so who would come in for Leipzig?

£35m + £1 just to get the record off Big Andy.

• Advertisement

RB cannot have two teams in the competition if the rules are rules, so who would come in for Leipzig?

I have no idea

Maybe move Hoffenheim into the groups and bring in FC Koln into the champions league playoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

DBTSJqnXgAAjSd2.jpg:large

[IMG][/img]

I cant understand how we nearly double Spurs' wages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Estimated figures, based on past spending, inflation and other expected changes.

"We've pulled this from our hoop"

Knex. wrote: »
    "We've pulled this from our hoop"

In other words it's all guess work

Spurs have had a fairly strict wage cap from what I remember. That will be challenged soon as they will have to give bumper deals to keep guys like Kane at the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Well, you see, if you multiply £120 million by 2, that's £240 million which is just about double our wages of £200 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Buy all the Keita's!

Yea I'd say Keifer Sutherland would be a bad ass defensive mid.

Oh wait you said keita

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The real shocker is Sunderland having a higher wage bill than Atletico. Talk about not getting a return on your investment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I just heard about the Salah news there, good player if a little inconsistent.

The thing that came to my mind was that Liverpool looked to sign him a couple of years ago. Does this mean that it's a board signing and not Klopp signing the players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

eagle eye wrote:
    The thing that came to my mind was that Liverpool looked to sign him a couple of years ago. Does this mean that it's a board signing and not Klopp signing the players?

I don't think klopp's ego would allow the board to but players he doesn't want.

I'm sure klopp has players listed by priority that he wants and back ups for those players in n case it doesn't work out. Any idea of money ball or board signings is gone. Klopp will say salah and then he along with the CEO and chief scout will discuss whether Salah is worth the price and wages or if they can get someone just as good but cheaper.

I wouldn't be chasing salah but it's not my job thank feck because he is fast. If we sign him I don't care about cost. I care about what he could add to the team and the idea of salah and Mane on the wings is more than a little tingly.

I am uneasy about signing afcon players though. Hopefully we sign players that can cover them without the team falling to crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

DBTSJqnXgAAjSd2.jpg:large

I thought China was paying players 50m a piece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'm all for the Salah signing. He would be a very good addition.

I liked him at Basel very much. Obbiously Chelsea didnt work out, though he still looked pretty good when he played. Tearing up trees for Roma.

Salah, IlikeHim.

twitter machine (Gianluca Di Marzio, Sky Italy) says Klopp and Salah have made contact Dom King in Mail says
    Liverpool offer Mohamed Salah almost double his Roma wage but Italian club are holding out for ?40million fee
    Liverpool have offered Mohamed Salah terms worth around ?90,000-a-week
    The 24-year-old Egypt international is on ?50,000-a-week with Roma
    The Italian side are holding out for ?40m transfer fee with ?28m rejected

is anyone else getting ? rather than £

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

^ Yeah boards has been fecked lately, can't seem to register any symbols.

Giving Salah 90k a week will be nearly doubling his wages, crazy how much less that is than in the prem.

twitter machine (Gianluca Di Marzio, Sky Italy) says Klopp and Salah have made contact Dom King in Mail says

is anyone else getting ? rather than £

A lot lately.

Sure it's handy for transfer season as transfers could be anything £$€¥ depending witch ITK is reporting so ? mark works.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I'm all for the Salah signing. He would be a very good addition.

I liked him at Basel very much. Obbiously Chelsea didnt work out, though he still looked pretty good when he played. Tearing up trees for Roma.

Salah, IlikeHim.

Not sure Chelsea ever really wanted him. Seemed at the time like it was just an opportunity to gazump Liverpool.

Haven't really watched him much at Roma but his stats are fairly impressive on paper anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

J Mysterio wrote: »

Salah, IlikeHim.

Ilikehim, Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

My rule of thumb is that the price is usually in the sellers currency. 40m euros, 35m pounds I'm guessing.

Totally fine with that (though actually would be fine with 40m pounds too to be honest)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

?40m would work for me too.

Some reports now that Roma have to sell him to balance the books so expect this to be long drawn out as both teams haggle and Spurs step in and sign him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Isn't Monchi there now? I wonder who he's gonna get in to replace Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

At leady we aren't in for tello anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

brevity wrote: »
    Isn't Monchi there now? I wonder who he's gonna get in to replace Salah.

Monchi, eh? Let's monitor their monitorings, then make monetary moves to mooch in on Monchi's men.

(And then Spur's will buy 'em.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Salah would be a great signing for ye lads and I think that's a great price. He'd also suit ye much more than Mourinho's Chelsea, wouldn't be concerned about his stint there at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Some reports now that Roma have to sell him to balance the books so expect this to be long drawn out as both teams haggle and Spurs step in and sign him.

Apparently has to be done by end of June to work in the favour with regards to balancing the books for FFP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Would be annoying losing himself and Mane for a month every two years but with another year of strengthening I doubt it would be a huge issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Knex. wrote: »
    Apparently has to be done by end of June to work in the favour with regards to balancing the books for FFP.

Ffp, they must have a poor accountant, it doesn't seem to matter to others.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not sure Chelsea ever really wanted him. Seemed at the time like it was just an opportunity to gazump Liverpool.

Haven't really watched him much at Roma but his stats are fairly impressive on paper anyway.

I really think that is what happened, for a few years that was going on with CFC and City. They bought a few players other clubs were circling around so other clubs couldn't but essentially didn't use them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

More than fairly impressive. They're actually mental stats unless I'm reading the wrong ones. A goal or assist in almost every game he played in.
    Plus it's not like this is the usual dilemma about whether to take much notice of the stats when you get linked with a player from Holland or Turkey or wherever.
    They're fairly alright at defending in Italy.

So yeah the stats all add up plus he's meant to be a hard worker which is a given if Klopp likes him.

So lets go get him if that's the player the man wants.

Sort of has shades of the Mane signing about it, people kind of happy but a bit short of jumping around about it.
    If he does as well as himself then we can do the jumping around bit after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement