Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Coutinho is on 150k a week I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Then our squad is smaller and we surely won't be able to compete.

Who replaces the TAA and Gomez on the bench if the get injured... 15 year olds?

Wisdom not needed
    Moreno never plays and Klavan 3rd choice when everyone is fit.
    Having Trent and Gomez is enough cover in thee event of injuries to first choice and second choice players as they would be third in line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Gerrard, Luis were and Coutinho now is being paid over £200k

Spurs don't & Arsenal don't pay those kind wages either.

The only teams that pay those wages regularly are Chelsea, City & utd two of them are funded by sugar daddies and one is the richest club in the world.

We are a club coming back from the brink of administration 7 years ago and with one failed season in the Champions League in that time we need to slowly rebuild the club so that never happens again.

200k euro pw maybe ,think Luis was on 180k pounds before he left,Stevie didn't get that high ,if you do things slowly in this league you get passed by,we are a prime example of that very fact. We are back near the top,we need big bucks now to remain there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

sword1 wrote: »
    Coutinho is on 150k a week I think.

The current contract is for about 200k - he is easily the best paid now.

OK, anything I can find says 150k five year contract.

sword1 wrote: »
    OK, anything I can find says 150k five year contract.

Indeed.... £150k/week

If we don't get into the knock out rounds of the CL it's going to be a failed season ? (CL wise, no doubt a league cup final will make amends though or some such sh1te? )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I worry about looking very naive in CL, that we will commit a lot of players forward and get picked off so easily. The balance needs to be addressed, it's 90 mins of football, no need to win it in first 18 minutes.
    We have players who can score a freekick in the 90 minute, if we can keep a clean sheet. Would love Rafa to lead us in CL .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Don't want to limp out at the group stage like under Rogers, we're trying to build the rep of the club.
    Klopp has european experience though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Augeo wrote: »
    If we don't get into the knock out rounds of the CL it's going to be a failed season ? (CL wise, no doubt a league cup final will make amends though or some such sh1te? )

One step at a time man. We have to get to the group stage first! :)

Hoffenheim over 2 legs would be bad news and a huge hurdle. Sure even any of the others could trip us up, only takes a bad display or a red card etc and things can go tits up.

(As you can tell, I'm a glass half full sorta fella) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

When is the draw made for the qualifiers?

The Can situation is a worrying one, would like him to stay, but to have to sell this summer or let him go on a free next summer would be a disaster.

Gerrard, Luis were and Coutinho now is being paid over £200k

Spurs don't & Arsenal don't pay those kind wages either.

The only teams that pay those wages regularly are Chelsea, City & utd two of them are funded by sugar daddies and one is the richest club in the world.

We are a club coming back from the brink of administration 7 years ago and with one failed season in the Champions League in that time we need to slowly rebuild the club so that never happens again.

Spurs don't but Arsenal pay high wages. Think their wage bill is higher than ours.

We are way above Spurs afaik in terms of overall wage bill alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Spurs' wage bill is going to rocket up this summer I'm sure, Kane , Dele Alli, Eriksen and others will all have eyes on them so I'd be surprised if Spurs didn't up their pay.

Exactly, they have been getting away with it due to the legacy of low expectations, which are now high expectations - great even! :pac: So the next round of wage deals will reflect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Spurs don't but Arsenal pay high wages. Think their wage bill is higher than ours.

Arsenal would have more players on £65k to 100k compared to us they would have only maybe 3/4 players over the £100k mark.

We would have more players on the £25k to £65k mark with only 2/3 players getting over the £100k mark.

Spurs will be joining us and Arsenal in the second tier of wages or they will lose there key players in the coming season/s

That's what I'm talking about when I say we along with Arsenal and Spurs don't player the super high wages City, Chelsea & utd do those three teams would have lots of players getting wages between £150k & £300k that's not something Liverpool can do right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

I worry about looking very naive in CL, that we will commit a lot of players forward and get picked off so easily. The balance needs to be addressed, it's 90 mins of football, no need to win it in first 18 minutes.
    We have players who can score a freekick in the 90 minute, if we can keep a clean sheet. Would love Rafa to lead us in CL .

Leicester played a different game in CL and can hold their heads high with regards to performance and results. Hopefully we do the something similar and play a different style in CL to PL.

When is the draw made for the qualifiers?

Draw is on the 4th of august and 1st leg is 15th/16th august. 2nd leg being a week after that.

Most of this squad got to a European Cup final last season I don't see the manager letting them or himself look naive.

Most of this squad got to a European Cup final last season I don't see the manager letting them or himself look naive.

careful now! :D

I hope Klopp yells "lets play football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and they go for it 110%.

careful now! :D

Ha yeah. The European Cup Final is a different animal entirely. A Europa League only becomes the european cup final if you win it at the same time as the charity shield and league cup. The fabled treble.
    Some people don't seem to get it atall. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Liverpool paid 208 million last year on wages, arsenal 195 million, spurs 100 million. Liverpool paid more than city on wages last year. Only Man Utd (232 million) and Chelsea spent more on wages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Liverpool paid 208 million last year on wages, arsenal 195 million, spurs 100 million. Liverpool paid more than city on wages last year. Only Man Utd (232 million) and Chelsea spent more on wages

Where are you getting your figures?

The figures in the transfer thread are different with arsenal 9 million more than us. Also I think Chelsea /man city might have a couple of tricks to stay the right side of Ffp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A basic reasonableness test should make it extremely obvious that City's wage bill is far higher than ours.

Between Aguero, Toure, Silva and Sterling they're spending something roughly equivalent to our whole squad, minus maybe Sturridge and Coutinho. Then they've another 10 lads on 100k+.

It'd be very interesting to see how we handled Juve. I reckon they might be the team we'd struggle against the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gbear wrote: »
    A basic reasonableness test should make it extremely obvious that City's wage bill is far higher than ours.

Between Aguero, Toure, Silva and Sterling they're spending something roughly equivalent to our whole squad, minus maybe Sturridge and Coutinho. Then they've another 10 lads on 100k+.

It'd be very interesting to see how we handled Juve. I reckon they might be the team we'd struggle against the most.

We might do alright...they're making 'Ronnie' look like Messi tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Nowhere have I seen a link showing 200k. Every link says 150k

Gerrard was on 150 when he finished up.

Going on the match thread it looks like they wrapped up the quadruple tonight by association.

Some season in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Juve would've won that with Can.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    We might do alright...they're making 'Ronnie' look like Messi tonight.

If we had an edge it'd certainly be in energy.

Juve are a shower of extremely talented and well organised geriatrics. They'd nothing after about 60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Juve would've won that with Can.

Swap for Pjanic and I'll pay for the flights myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Juve aren't going to pay huge wages for a player like Can. Pjanic and Higuain are the only players they have that are on more than €75k a week.

This might sound bad but if Juve offer good money for Can then I wouldnt necessarily be upset about it if he goes. Personally.

He's a fine player and I'd prefer to keep him but if he goes he goes.
    I'd have a very different reaction if it was Matip, Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, etc...

But if he doesnt sign a contract and we get a decent fee then ok life goes on imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Agreed.

Rather keep him but difficult to shed a tear if he goes.

Made a key contribution this year and I'd wish him all the best.

Can has one year left on his contract and is free to talk to European teams in January so if we don't tie him down to a new contract I could see him leaving on a free next summer.

Even if we sold him this summer we probably won't get top price for him.

He said himself it not about money so he wants promises of game time I'd guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Amazing transformation Real Madrid have gone through since that night losing 4-0 at anfield in 2009. In that time real have spent 750m euro on transfers, Liverpool 680 million. Madrids current annual wage bill is 250 million sterling so not that far off Liverpools

He was our youngest regular starter at 23 other than maybe origi 22. He showed great improvement this season and I think he would be great in the next couple of years. The refusal to sign a contract at 100k unless guaranteed starts is worrying though.

Amazing transformation Real Madrid have gone through since that night losing 4-0 at anfield in 2009. In that time real have spent 750m euro on transfers, Liverpool 680 million. Madrids current annual wage bill is 250 million sterling so not that far off Liverpools

Wages are higher in England and it's harder to entice some players away from London. Real are nearly guaranteed silver ware and some players would pay for them for free. Alot of Spanish speaking players would go to real even if we offered double the wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Madrids current annual wage bill is 250 million sterling so not that far off Liverpools

It's nearly 40% more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Madrids current annual wage bill is 250 million sterling so not that far off Liverpools

Its total wage though. Not just the players wages. I'm not sure how that breaks down, but its definitely not just the players on the pitch. Maybe we should be looking to cut the wage bill in different areas. We have a first team squad of 40 players, if we were paying 208M a year on them every player would be on 100K a week.

noodler wrote: »
    Agreed.

Rather keep him but difficult to shed a tear if he goes.

Made a key contribution this year and I'd wish him all the best.

If he stays we still need to strengthen CM, keita is presumably a genuine target. Replacing can won't be easy. Grujic might step up but a can replacement would be required you'd expect.

Picture of someone who could be Salah's agent, Ramy Abbas Issa looking at a trophy

34X2SSL.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/871118757623726081

How reliable is Neil Moxley of the Mirror?

Colemania wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/871118757623726081

How reliable is Neil Moxley of the Mirror?

I hope he is right

If VVK is City bound it'll be all over the town soon enough. 60m is daft money.

• Advertisement

Reading that £60m plus over £200k a week wages over 5 years.

So he will cost £110m in total :eek: for a player who has been out injured for 5 months and still isn't recovered.

Add Stones they will have paid £110m in transfer fees for two CB's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Reading that £60m plus over £200k a week wages over 5 years.

So he will cost £110m in total :eek: for a player who has been out injured for 5 months and still isn't recovered.

Add Stones they will have paid £110m in transfer fees for two CB's.

If Dyk is worth 60 million pounds there is no hope for football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Silly money. Very silly money

Everything is daft money these days though. If City have got him then I'll be disappointed but I hope it doesnt turn into another big slag off the owners thing because in reality if Man City and us are going toe to toe for players then we're gonna lose out 9 times out of ten anyway.
    Most clubs will.
    Thats what makes it all so difficult. City, Chelsea, Arsenal, united have utterly crazy money. More than Madrid or Barca. So even with the best intentions in the world you cant expect FSG to win a race there.
    And Klopp being a sexy git will only go so far too.

We'll be alright but within reason, if its a shoot-out financially between us and City then theres only one outcome.

I still think Klopp will be given enough funds to keep him happy. Cant win em all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'm all for klopp and fsg splashing the cash this summer but the fee and wages reported for vvd I can't say I'm pushed if we go ahead of it considering he has what, a season a half of top flight football? I think the money could be better used elsewhere, 50-60 million fees and 150-200k week wages are reserved for top bracket players which I've my reservations that vvd is. Excited by the prospect of salah however, him and a striker would be a very good summer of forward additions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement