Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    well it's caused a split now

Banana?

Also on a football note any injury worries for tomorrow?

Edit: Also is Gabbiadini our next Southampton signing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Typical in the final there . Southampton get a goal disallowed and united lead. Really unfair how it always seems like the big teams get rub of the green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

You're probably better off watching Southampton play than the Liverpool reserves if you want to see what the future of Liverpool looks like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Edit: Also is Gabbiadini our next Southampton signing?

yep!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

yep!:D

Himself van diijk and bertrand and we be grand

You're probably better off watching Southampton play than the Liverpool reserves if you want to see what the future of Liverpool looks like.

Na just checked sky sports app. Couldn't be ardsed watching a ****ty stream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Bret Hart wrote: »
    :D.

Just wins a trophy and comes straight in here. Obsessed and pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

And anal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I'd a FB memory today from when we won this in 2012. Comments on it from Utd fans about it been a Mickey Mouse cup. Big cup this year though

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    I'd a FB memory today from when we won this in 2012. Comments on it from Utd fans about it been a Mickey Mouse cup. Big cup this year though

Same every year from all sides, let them have their win, once we win on Monday I couldn't give a shìte.

Same every year from all sides, let them have their win, once we win on Monday I couldn't give a shìte.

Very true.

paulie21 wrote: »

I remember folks in here bleating on about Klopp getting to the final in his first few months in charge.... Jose has gone one better to be fair and is still in 2 more cups I think.
    Indeed

All that aside a 35 year old Ibra' knocking goals in for fun in England .... it's come as a surprise the quantity of goals he's bagged but you'd have to tip your hat to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hendo not in the training pics from today.

I will say I'll be feeling a little upset if United win this and the Europa the year after we bottle the two finals. Although if we're sitting in the top 4 by then it won't be so bad.

Augeo wrote: »
    I remember folks in here bleating on about Klopp getting to the final in his first few months in charge.... Jose has gone one better to be fair and is still in 2 more cups I think.

With the most expensive squad ever assembled...well done,Jose.

• Advertisement

With the most expensive squad ever assembled...well done,Jose.

Indeed.

Still have to win the games though.

As much as I'm not a Jose fan he can't be accountable for the price of the assembled squad as he inherited it.

Augeo wrote: »
    Indeed.

Still have to win the games though.

As much as I'm not a Jose fan he can't be accountable for the price of the assembled squad as he inherited it.

Maybe. I just don't like praising him in any way whatsoever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

If you care too bother checking you'll see I posted in the Utd thread first,before popping in here,and just having a little bit of banter with you guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

If you care too bother checking you'll see I posted in the Utd thread first,before popping in here,and just having a little bit of banter with you guys.

New thread smell ruined now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We're now the joint most successful club in UK .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Am I the only one who can't stand the word banter?

Well done you.

klose wrote: »

I hate it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm confused... we weren't playing in todays final, right?

Bantz it's known as in here iirc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Only outdone by the truly hideous "bantz".

Sturridge and TAA both named in the EFL Team of the Tournament.

Sturridge and TAA both named in the EFL Team of the Tournament.

Bit of a joke it's decided before the final. Wouldn't have Sturridge there after the 2 chances he missed again S'ton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's the league cup, so prestigious swinton insurance wouldn't sponsor it.

I suppose all those times we won count for something now though, seeing as it's an important cup now.
    Can't wait for the uefa cup to become a proper cup now too, seeing as we have a few of those as well.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I wish we had been playing in the final today, I wanted us to win it and every competition we enter. It annoys me that we've only won 1 trophy in the last 11 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Wish we won the EFL today. If only we have Mourinho.

Pheonix10 wrote: »

That's not really how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No way Liverpool don't have the money for him to spend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

When Mourinho approached the club with an interest in becoming manager, the club declined his offer due to their belief that certain elements of his style were at odds with the clubs philosophy.

I applaud the club for that and wholeheartedly support that decision.

And I'll say no more on that lest I get banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

5starpool wrote: »
    I wish we had been playing in the final today, I wanted us to win it and every competition we enter. It annoys me that we've only won 1 trophy in the last 11 seasons.

Agree 100%. Trophies are very important. Lift the whole club and remain on your roll of honours list forever.

Too many people prefer the Sky Sports Top 4 imaginary trophy that nobody remembers in years to come.

We need to be winning stuff again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

No way Liverpool don't have the money for him to spend :D

I really wouldn't want him !

When Mourinho approached the club with an interest in becoming manager, the club declined his offer due to their belief that certain elements of his style were at odds with the clubs philosophy.

I applaud the club for that and wholeheartedly support that decision.

And I'll say no more on that lest I get banned.

Ok.....I'll pretend to believe you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Ok.....I'll pretend to believe you.
    Suit yourself, bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

5starpool wrote: »

Couldn't agree more.

Yes, a load of their fans who have called it a meaningless cup are now loving winning it, but so what?

We all know deep down it's a trophy, and it's far better to win it than not.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more.

Yes, a load of their fans who have called it a meaningless cup are now loving winning it, but so what?

We all know deep down it's a trophy, and it's far better tobwin it than not.

Winning a league cup in isolation means little a few days later. Now if we were winning a few cups or consistently getting somewhere in the league it would be great.
    Winning cups in isolation doesn't really breed a winning spirit. Being ****ing deadly does. Winning a cup treble and being third does. Going close to winning the league does. Winning the league does.

Half the teams in the league cup don't treat it seriously.

I don't like it, as being happy to win just a league cup for a club like Liverpool smacks of diminishing expectations.

It's like beating your little brother at scrabble when you were younger it's great because it's nice to win and piss him off but it's never as good or mean as much as beating your older siblings or parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ye did and you do.

Obsessed, winning a cup and coming in to the Liverpool thread to stir some ****e.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Winning a league cup in isolation means little a few days later. Now if we were winning a few cups or consistently getting somewhere in the league it would be great.
    Winning cups in isolation doesn't really breed a winning spirit. Being ****ing deadly does. Winning a cup treble and being third does. Going close to winning the league does. Winning the league does.

Half the teams in the league cup don't treat it seriously.

I don't like it, as being happy to win just a league cup for a club like Liverpool smacks of diminishing expectations.

It's like beating your little brother at scrabble when you were younger it's great because it's nice to win and piss him off but it's never as good or mean as much as beating your older siblings or parents.

Ah so you're glad Liverpool didn't win it...Couldn't make this **** up!

Didn't realise you were a United fan, stop trying to stir shít, you're the only making yourself look like an idiot.

Didn't realise you were a United fan, stop trying to stir shít, you're the only making yourself look like an idiot.

lol....Next year the league is yours.

lol....Next year the league is yours.

I have to assume your username is representative of your age.

• Advertisement

Yeah fcuking delighted. Hope we lose tomorrow too. Pinning my hopes on regulation next year, as it looks like we ****ed it up this year.

I have to assume your username is representative of your age.

Ah yeah...Who is this guy trying to be funny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I felt absolutely nothing when we beat Cardiff and I was really surprised by that.

Maybe it was just the nature of the victory and that we needed pens to beat a terrible side, after getting what should've been a late winner from the Dirkster, or part of the greater malaise around the club at the time, but I think it just revealed that I don't really give a **** about the League Cup.

I was annoyed last year but that was more just about the way we played than actually feeling like we'd missed out on anything.

It's odd that Klopp can take games against big sides in the league - they tend to have a cup-game feeling to them - and be battering all comers, but then in the two big set pieces last year we seemed to bottle it.
    Sevilla have shown over the course of several years how good they are, and they've only cemented that this season, but our problems weren't totally different in that game and against City.
    We seemed more timid and cautious.

Maybe it's just down to the character of the side or lack thereof, and the lack of experience in winning cup finals and there's nothing Klopp can do about it directly, but it seemed tactical to me - especially with City, where it's felt like we've had their number for years, we really stood off them.

It was a little bit the same at Anfield this season, I thought, but we did get that early goal to hang on to so it wasn't as big a deal. I'm very interested to see how we go about things when we head to Manchester next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Jesus ****ing Christ, will yee stop humoring him?

Tomorrow's a huge game now with the other league results over the weekend, really need to win to keep the pressure on.

Even though we're going to have all of the ball, I want us to keep 3 men in our half at all times, rather than just the usual 2 CB's. Really worried about their pace.

Seeing as clyne offers very little attacking wise if we were to push him back and Lucas could go a small bit forward almost alongside Henderson to try and keep angles open. Then you have the front four up top and wij linking play with lallana et al

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement