Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Hi

15 years on, this isn't actually funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

NukaCola wrote: »
    But does he have fantastic hair?

Doesn't matter, you'll see it when you look into his eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

And here we have Jesus, the black hole that into which any semblance of craic shall vanish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Gotta be impressed with the timing though! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Knex. wrote: »
    And here we have Jesus, the black hole that into which any semblance of craic shall vanish.

You crucified him there Knex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

brevity wrote: »
    You crucified him there Knex.

He should never have crossed us... I'm sure he'll return though.

Christ, these are bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Hi

Afternoon, your majesty.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Sincerest apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Henderson and Sturridge still not available for Sunday. Firmino is now doubtful too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Firmino is out then starting Origi might actually be a good thing he offers something different to what Burnley would expect.

We need to a straight up striker when playing teams at the bottom half of the league and Firmino against the top half teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Knex. wrote: »

Haha you got me. I blame Andy Carroll.

Presser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hope we play ten behind ball in first 20 mins, confuse them.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hope we play ten behind ball in first 20 mins, confuse them.

It'd be like that scene in the Simpsons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The best way to beat Burnley is mass hypnosis of the team - make them think it's Spurs, Arsenal or Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Burnley away from home are the worst team in the league. They've scored 8 in 13 and conceded 28. They have 2 points from a possible 39. With a record like that its hard to see them not getting a point at Anfield :pac:

But seriously, we have to be beating these teams, we wont deserve top 4 otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The best way to beat Burnley is mass hypnosis of the team - make them think it's Spurs, Arsenal or Everton

Think it'd only work the other way around, Burnley would have to think we're Crawley, Woking or....actually you're still right with Arsenal there. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What happened 15 years ago? :confused:

monkey9 wrote: »
    What happened 15 years ago? :confused:

Start of the soccer forum here I assume he's referring to.

It's on LFCtv and 'other places'

moekqZ6PFJahA-84nMXo7bHGnJxYSu9gqpuXOHQd4bU.png?w=768&

HT 0-1 to Liverpool, the goal from McAuley, Miler went off injured on 20 then Adam Lewis was shown a straight red and quite rightly for a young Gerrard style lunge on the half hour mark, Utd predictably have all the ball now but not doing that much incisive with it.

Kelleher has been very busy and very good in goal but Utd equalise and then take the lead, the ref is total homer by the way.

• Advertisement

Gerrard doing some work at the u-18's game.

C6lWXb2WYAA2-D5.jpg

Currently 0-1 up away to utd, but down to 10 men. I'm not watching, just following updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Intriguing!

Caption Contest!
    C6lWXb2WYAA2-D5.jpg

Gerrard: "eeeeeeehhhhhhhm"

It's on LFCtv and 'other places'

moekqZ6PFJahA-84nMXo7bHGnJxYSu9gqpuXOHQd4bU.png?w=768&

HT 0-1 to Liverpool, the goal from McAuley, Miler went off injured on 20 then Adam Lewis was shown a straight red and quite rightly for a young Gerrard style lunge on the half hour mark, Utd predictably have all the ball now but not doing that much incisive with it.

Kelleher has been very busy and very good in goal but Utd equalise and then take the lead, the ref is total homer by the way.

Luis Longstaff equalises! yes Luis Longstaff - what were his parents thinking?

FT 2-2.

Ladies love Luis Longstaff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ladies love Luis Longstaff.

I'll bet he has no problem getting into the box...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Luis Longstaff equalises! yes Luis Longstaff - what were his parents thinking?

FT 2-2.

It's his surname, surely they had no control over it, apart from the mother but she obviously loved Sr Longstaff.
    I guess the kid should be thankful he wasn't named Richard or William.
    Dick Longstaff and Willie Longstaff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's his surname, surely they had no control over it, apart from the mother but she obviously loved Sr Longstaff.

Yes, but did they have to give him a first name ending in an 's'?

Louie's Long Staff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I had thought that Harry implied that it was "loose" Longstaff.

I might be wrong:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I wish my name was Dick Longstaff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I wish my name was Dick Longstaff.

Hugh Longstaff.

Klopp not planning on buying a new goalie in the summer, he says with a straight face.

Sometimes people see things differently to others. The words of Paul Konchesky on his season at Liverpool.
    It was a massive step-up, playing with world-class players every day. It brings the best out of you and loved every minute of it while I was there.

To play with the players I played with, I learnt a lot. I was 29 when I left Fulham to go to Liverpool and you’re still learning at that age.

You can never turn an opportunity down to play for one of the best clubs in the country. I learnt a lot from it and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I’m not disappointed with what happened but it’s football and I had a good year there.

5starpool wrote: »
    Klopp not planning on buying a new goalie in the summer, he says with a straight face.

He said the same before buying Karius. There'd be no point in letting that information out right now, it'd just erode the confidence of our current keepers and cause clubs to hike up their prices in the summer, knowing we need one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

You'll also have Danny Ward coming back from Huddersfield at the end of the season. He's had a great year of development, so might be ready to challenge for starting GK.

Alternatively, it'd be great if they got promoted because then he might extend the loan and get a year of PL goalkeeping under his belt. Would be a very risk free way to see if he's going to be good enough for us.

• Advertisement

I think Danny Ward may stay on, esp if they get promoted - what could be better for him than a season in the Prem as a relegation favourite?

Looking down a level - it's great to see Kamil Grabara and Caoimhin Kelleher looking so good in their respective divisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Yes, but did they have to give him a first name ending in an 's'?

Louie's Long Staff...
    Pronounced Louie Shlong Staff

you posted a inkykiller tweet

paris_giggle.jpg

He's an IndyKnow

• Advertisement

you posted a inkykiller tweet

paris_giggle.jpg

You'll be back at 5pm...You'll all be back!

News will be something like "Liverpool may be interested in possibly signing someone.

That 16 year old LB from Fulham we are being linked with is destroying Rafa's Newcastle.

Well then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So the "PURE 100% EXCLUSIVE Liverpool News" is that we may or may not sell Mignolet and replace him with either Joe Hart or Kasper Schmeichel.

I'm absolutely stunned.

Well then?

Completely forgot Harry. My bad.

brevity wrote: »
    Completely forgot Harry. My bad.

You were right to forget! That fella basks in his own foolishness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That 16 year old LB from Fulham we are being linked with is destroying Rafa's Newcastle.

He really is unreal every time i've seen him play. Looks to be one of those few 16 year olds actually worth the hype.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He really is unreal every time i've seen him play. Looks to be one of those few 16 year olds actually worth the hype.

Liverpool could have got Deli Alli as a 16 year old wonderkind, hopefully the club won't allow another to slip past to Spurs, Chelsea (well maybe not Chelsea!) etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

5starpool wrote: »
    Sometimes people see things differently to others. The words of Paul Konchesky on his season at Liverpool.

Konchesky was a flag of convince for people who objected to Roy Hodsons period as manager but the reality is he was a good professional who accepted a contract offer but became an easy target for people who objected to Hodson. He may not have been a world class left back but he was a solid professional. You don't have a 20 year career if you are total crap.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement