Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Good man Gigi :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

HT 1-1 gini wiki

Last week some people thought Can had a great game when he just had an easy game thanks to Wenger's useless tactical set up. Today when he is asked to be busy and read the game he comes up very short. Not the only one obviously. All far too slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Delighted to be level is depressing enough to say but quite a few of our lads are having shockers out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We don't look arsed or competent in these games.

It's not as bad as Leicester but we were largely dominated for half an hour by one of the worst attacking teams in the league and one that can't play away from home.

After that we were just painfully average.

A poxy goal doesn't change a whole lot about it.
    I guess stealing a win we don't deserve would be better than outright losing, but we're going to keep playing this **** against the teams in the last 8 games of the season and our season will peter out with a few games to go.

We don't have the right kind of personnel, the aggregate level of quality of this squad even when everyone is fit isn't actually very high and we don't look capable of getting motivated for games against teams outside the top 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Burnley the better team in that half, i'll take a 1-1 at HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Gbear wrote: »
    We don't look arsed or competent in these games.

It's not as bad as Leicester but we were largely dominated for half an hour by one of the worst attacking teams in the league and one that can't play away from home.

After that we were just painfully average.

A poxy goal doesn't change a whole lot about it.
    I guess stealing a win we don't deserve would be better than outright losing, but we're going to keep playing this **** against the teams in the last 8 games of the season and our season will peter out with a few games to go.

We don't have the right kind of personnel, the aggregate level of quality of this squad even when everyone is fit isn't actually very high and we don't look capable of getting motivated for games against teams outside the top 7.

And, if so, that's absolutely a coaching/managerial issue which hasn't been remotely addressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

more i see of can the more annoyed i get,will never be a quality player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

more i see of can the more annoyed i get,will never be a quality player

Not quite how I expected him to negotiate a pay rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Did we just score with our first shot on target?

#turningthetables

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I mention this seemingly every game but watch how our defenders deal with headers, they always head them back into the middle of the pitch, often back to the opposition, when the obvious safe route is to knock it out wide.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    And, if so, that's absolutely a coaching/managerial issue which hasn't been remotely addressed.

I'm not sure.

I don't think you can expect the level of performance we put in against the top teams every week.

Who has ever been able to do that?

Most top teams use their quality as a crutch in a lot of these games.
    We don't have that quality.

I mention this seemingly every game but watch how our defenders deal with headers, they always head them back into the middle of the pitch, often back to the opposition, when the obvious safe route is to knock it out wide.

Where are our full backs when that happens?

Because if they're miles up the pitch at the time, it might well not be the safest root and might expose us more.

Our cover is usally coming from the deepest two midfielders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Emre you more beautiful bastard.

Annoyingly that means Can is now undroppable.

Get the fûck in. Give that a man a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

New Can gif incoming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Get the fûck in. Give that a man a new contract.

:pac:

Don't care how we win today just fecking win. Save our sexy blow teams away football for the top six teams.

Annoyingly that means Can is now undroppable.

He'll be out as soon as Hendo's fit. Unless someone else gets injured.

• Advertisement

Great to see Mignolet leave a player on the ground in a heap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

One thing I noticed was that we played very few of the kinds of balls to Origi that get played to Firmino to hold up.

Is it just because they don't believe he is good enough to give that platform?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Played ****... don't care. 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lovely 3 points.....

Granted Burnley were losing from the point he came on, but Woodburn did a whole lot more than Coutinho.

• Advertisement

Bogging hell, that's the last match thread from me for a while.

And breathe. Was looking for a while like we were gonna bottle that worse than United with the chance to move out of sixth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Shaky, shoddy, below-par performance. Three points though.

We needed to get out of the routine of losing to the "lesser" teams, it doesn't really matter how we did it, we've finally broken that trend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We need to recognise, well Klopp needs to recognise, that that was nowhere near good enough.

Random deflection and a nowhere strike from Can. We were one block and a poor marking from a throw away from a draw.

Two in a row though. Finally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Most worringly they said during commentary than Henderson is still on crutches.

Coutinho has been well off his game ever since coming back from that ankle injury. Been subbed off in numerous games recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Well that was a very uncomfortable watch. :o Alot of players were really poor today, especially in the first half, our play was sloppy and it seemed like a few of them had never played together before. Having said all that to get 3 points for a change whilst having these complaints about the team is fantastic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Huge win !! Great to be able to fall behind and come back and win , something we badly needed to do !
    Impressed with klavan and matip. Can did well and took his goal very well. Not too sure if coutinho was actually playing, he had very little influence on the game. Lalllana stepped it up in the second half which was needed after his abject first half.

Very impressed with Lucas in his cameo.

Delighted with the 3pts after not playing particularly well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

noodler wrote: »
    We need to recognise, well Klopp needs to recognise, that that was nowhere near good enough.

Random deflection and a nowhere strike from Can. We were one block and a poor marking from a throw away from a draw.

Two in a row though. Finally.

No where strike is harsh. He hit it well right in the corner it was a great strike. First goal a bit lucky but I think it was about time they got a bit of luck.

First goal may have been lucky but Wijnaldum took it very well. Barnes had pretty much the exact same chance and got blocked by Klavan, Wijnaldum took his time and picked a spot well.

Anyone take Vardy in the summer. He works hards and would fit in the middle of the front three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Great 3 points from a losing position.

Coutinho needs a shoe up the hole though, been going through the motions since he came back from injury, hopefully getting subbed off early will spur him on a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Most worringly they said during commentary than Henderson is still on crutches.

Coutinho has been well off his game ever since coming back from that ankle injury. Been subbed off in numerous games recently.

I noticed Coutinho went straight to his seat and bypassed Klopp when he came off, he was poor today again and he should'nt have been surprised to have been taken off, he was'nt the only one to be poor though.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone take Vardy in the summer. He works hards and would fit in the middle of the front three.

He's not good enough, had one fantastic season of course but he's gone back to being not much better than the likes of Gray today. He's also 30.

Very lucky to get a win out of that.

Only a string of even more atrocious performances in similar games makes that look even remotely respectable.

Our last 8 games are Bournemouth (H), Stoke (A), WBA (A), Palace (H), Watford (A), Southampton (H), West Ham (A), Boro (H).
    There's not really much question that we'll see a lot of similar performances as the last couple and that we'll drop points.

Whether or not we make top 4 will likely come down to whether Utd and Arsenal can be a bigger shambles than we are in that period.

• Advertisement

I noticed Coutinho went straight to his seat and bypassed Klopp when he came off, he was poor today again and he should'nt have been surprised to have been taken off, he was'nt the only one to be poor though.

He's one of our high earners now though, the expectation should be higher for him.

He was the worst of them all though.

Arguably his worst performance in a Liverpool shirt.
    Couldn't believe how poor his touch, passing and dribbling was. He looked drunk.

F*ck off Jamie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

niallo27 wrote: »

Be useless against these lesser sides. Vardy needs space to thrive

Poor performance but delighted with the 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

C6vHBsyU0AAlKuW.jpg

Emre got man of the match? Really?

Gbear wrote: »
    He was the worst of them all though.

Arguably his worst performance in a Liverpool shirt.
    Couldn't believe how poor his touch, passing and dribbling was. He looked drunk.

Hasn't played well since the injury. Not even taking a shot anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Not pretty but a wins a win, not playing well and picking up 3 points ain't something we often do so I'm happy.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Emre got man of the match? Really?

He was humble about it and said Gigi should've got it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement