Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Granted this season we're normally better against the Top Sides ... but this game V City couldn't come at a worse time - depending how their game V Monaco goes - they are tailor made to pull us assunder. We are so open at the back. Giving the ball away to Barnes and Gray will not be punished like today but City are on fire going forward. Will be interesting to see how it goes. In fairness it's not like Klopp can change it a whole lot! We barely even have a bench.

Delighted with that win today - a side like Burnley that are all heart and determination will always give us problems. They didn't fear us and it was almost a shot to nothing performance from them.

Worrying how threadbare our squad really is ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Oh, also, can we please stop lofting in those pointless high balls? Seems like every time an overlap is offered, whoever has the ball feels compelled to use it, and we end up with another waste as the ball is harmlessly floated in to noone and knocked away. So so many of them in that first half especially.

It was telling that it took Origi to get out wide and put in the type of ball he himself would have wanted for the equalizer.

We should have a "no balls above chest height in their half" rule or something.
    This is my pet hate, with attackers the size of Couthino, Lallana and Mane we loft the ball into them practically handing the defenders an easy chance to clear. Milner in the first half must have tried six or seven hit and hopes up towards Couthino. You then have people wondering why our attackers aren't influencing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ricero wrote: »
    Top four already gone ? **** sake

Ludicrous alright, especially considering other members of the top 6 still have to play each other.

If everyone hypothetically went up to an equal 28 games, winning the fixtures that make up the differents in games played, there'd still only be 4 points between 2nd and 6th. And Man City's game at hand is with Man Utd.

Plenty left in this top 4 race yet, most exciting one for a long time. Such a shame Chelsea are winning away with first spot.

As an interesting side note, if we beat City, we're on exactly 2ppg. I'd have absolutely definitely taken that at the start of the season if offered for this stage of the league. 2ppg is always my target - if we're on or above that, I'm satisfied regardless what it gets us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What i was worried about going into the Arsenal game was everyone going about our record against the top six clubs which is superb of course, but it's going to have to come to an end some time. The same applies now for this Man City match. I don't care that about our record and what we've previously done, this is a tough match and i'll take a point no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

mav79 wrote: »
    This is my pet hate, with attackers the size of Couthino, Lallana and Mane we loft the ball into them practically handing the defenders an easy chance to clear. Milner in the first half must have tried six or seven hit and hopes up towards Couthino. You then have people wondering why our attackers aren't influencing the game.

It was because of Burnley pressing us high and their 2 attackers - no fear approach. We had to go long too much in first half but it was a direct result in Burnley being positive and aggressive. We panicked and went long. I doubt that Milner wanted to play it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

As mentioned in the match thread Burnley have now lost 2 1 at city, arsenal, spurs and Liverpool. All 4 games were the same as today scrappy as hell. They are just a really awkward team to play against. 7 wins from 10 would definetly be enough for top 4 as that would be 76 pts. Personally I reckon 74 will do it . City utd, arsenal city, spurs utd, spurs arsenal, arsenal utd all still to be played. Utd and city then also have to play Chelsea. The top 4 rivals all have to drop points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wouldn't have guessed this in a million years

https://twitter.com/basstunedtored/status/840986314224869376

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sneaky Nun time, we should play to avoid defeat in last 10 games. Take our wins and draws, would be enough for 2nd . We HAVE to be aiming for 2nd, we are a point off it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Already conformed that Henderson will miss the City game and he will also miss the England game which isn't a bad thing.
    After the Sunderland game there was a rumor that his "bruised heel" injury required prolonged rest or surgery which would keep him out until the end of the season. Klopp and Henderson were prepared to wait until the end of the season for him to under go the surgery if it was still deemed necessary.

It would be a big risk to put him straight back into the team for the derby because we can always count on the likes of Barkley to make a "clumsy" challenge to aggravate the injury again - the 7 week rest will have been for nothing in that situation.

Hopefully we'll have him back for the last 8 games of the season because we are short on quality in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Rumours abound that Hendo has a thing there is no cure for, can't remember the terminology of it but it doesn't sound good if it's true...

A lot of nonsense and wild spec posted online though, hard to weed out what is actually true...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Fieldog wrote: »
    Rumours abound that Hendo has a thing there is no cure for, can't remember the terminology of it but it doesn't sound good if it's true...

A lot of nonsense and wild spec posted online though, hard to weed out what is actually true...
    Genital warts? Herpes? A broken heart? The blues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Death? Jaysus he's rightly ****ed so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Heard he came down with a bad case of love. He was diagnosed by Leonard Cohen, told him there ain't no cure for it. Before he died, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Sneaky Nun time, we should play to avoid defeat in last 10 games. Take our wins and draws, would be enough for 2nd . We HAVE to be aiming for 2nd, we are a point off it .

Reality is that we are as close to sixth as second. If city beat us, and the other top six win their games we will be in trouble. The team is not on form and has not been this year. One game at a time and a couple of poxy wins when it matters and hopefully we will scrape top four. If we get top four and united win the europa are we out of the champions league?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sounds like the Plainter Fascitis thing he had last year. No cure for it, but it can be managed I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Death? Jaysus he's rightly ****ed so.

He probably just rang in dead, I wouldn't worry too much about it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

He probably just rang in dead, I wouldn't worry too much about it tbh.

As long as it's not contagous. An epidemic of death would relly put a dampner on out top-4 hopes.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

As long as it's not contagous. An epidemic of death would relly put a dampner on out top-4 hopes.

And it still wouldn't be as costly as the Spurs epidemic of May 2006. That was hilarious. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

sword1 wrote: »
    Reality is that we are as close to sixth as second. If city beat us, and the other top six win their games we will be in trouble. The team is not on form and has not been this year. One game at a time and a couple of poxy wins when it matters and hopefully we will scrape top four. If we get top four and united win the europa are we out of the champions league?
    No we would still get cl in that case.

sword1 wrote: »

One positive is that City vs United is one of the games in hand for those teams. Plenty of those games left where teams will drop points vs each other, if we can get our results right we will get top 4, no excuses. 75 points will probably be enough but it would be nice to get more and not have a sweat. Last kick of the last game to secure it will do though ultimately.

Kane out for Spurs for hopefully the rest of the season should be a big positive for us. While I don't wish injury on (nearly) anyone, I'm not going to pretend that I'm not happy that an important player will be missing for a rival team for a period of time. We have to take advantage of it though if they do slip up.

• Advertisement

We should ask the boards admins to make the CL qualification rules a sticky at this point. I've seen so many people asking it between this season and last season that it shouldn't be a mystery anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

5starpool wrote: »
    One positive is that City vs United is one of the games in hand for those teams. Plenty of those games left where teams will drop points vs each other, if we can get our results right we will get top 4, no excuses. 75 points will probably be enough but it would be nice to get more and not have a sweat. Last kick of the last game to secure it will do though ultimately.

Kane out for Spurs for hopefully the rest of the season should be a big positive for us. While I don't wish injury on (nearly) anyone, I'm not going to pretend that I'm not happy that an important player will be missing for a rival team for a period of time. We have to take advantage of it though if they do slip up.

Utd have still to play city, Chelsea spurs and Arsenal as well. There record against the top teams is pretty poor. Even if city win next week it's still all to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Re. Henderson. Plantar fasciitis goes away eventually. It can be a cnut but it's not that serious really. Unless he's one of the 1 to 2% of sufferers who require a surgical intervention, otherwise very manageable if you understand it. It's a condition that requires different management depending on the stage it's at (which is established by something like an MRI.) You can get a steroid injection that masks the pain but doesn't cure it. I'm guessing he might have done that already and I'm also guessing that there might be something else going on concurrently.

If anyone is really, really bored, Google Craig Payne Plantar Fasciitis. He's good at explaining it in layman's terms and he devours all the latest research relating to the condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

klose wrote: »
    Wouldn't have guessed this in a million years

https://twitter.com/basstunedtored/status/840986314224869376

Clearly Alt-facts, Klopp out, FSG out.

Currently 10 points better off than at the same stage last season despite everything.

Also scored more goals than Man Utd and 'boro combined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

5starpool wrote: »
    Sounds like the Plainter Fascitis thing he had last year. No cure for it, but it can be managed I think.

That was it, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Missed game live, but delighted with the win and delighted for Can in particular. Some of the sh1te and abuse he gets is OTT, so hopefully this gives him the confidence to push on. Still young and improving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can was rank bad today, the goal should not distract from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Klopp was on MOTD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Klopp with the panel on motd2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well that's fuel for the whingers when we next lose. "What's he doing on TV he should be on the training ground wahh and the car ads too!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well that's fuel for the whingers when we next lose. "What's he doing on TV he should be on the training ground wahh and the car ads too!"

Well it was just his normal post match interview but done for MOTD instead of in the tunnel, i doubt MOTD tonight is live with just the one game to have highlights of

I could listen to Klopp talk football for hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Missed game live, but delighted with the win and delighted for Can in particular. Some of the sh1te and abuse he gets is OTT, so hopefully this gives him the confidence to push on. Still young and improving.

The criticism has been wholly warranted.

He is no kid.

Team was dodsh1t for Jan & Feb.... Can got an OTT amount of flack IMO.

3 pts today, happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

noodler wrote: »
    The criticism has been wholly warranted.

He is no kid.

Well, yes he's no kid but he has only turned 23. I do think he gets a lot more stick for his poor performances than say Coutinho who earns 4 or 5 times more than him.

He has been poor but gets hammered a lot, and I'm not saying I dont do it but some of the criticism in comparison to other players is OTT recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

NukaCola wrote: »
    Well, yes he's no kid but he has only turned 23. I do think he gets a lot more stick for his poor performances than say Coutinho who earns 4 or 5 times more than him.

He has been poor but gets hammered a lot, and I'm not saying I dont do it but some of the criticism in comparison to other players is OTT recently.

Its hardly a surprise Coutinho has been cut a bit more slack in fairness. Always going to be the case when you are contributing far more comparatively speaking.

Edit: this season of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Coutinho's been poor since his return, but he's also got a lot of goodwill built up with the fans considering how great he's been for us since he joined.

noodler wrote: »
    Its hardly a surprise Coutinho has been cut a bit more slack in fairness. Always going to be the case when you are contributing far more comparatively speaking.

Edit: this season of course.

I think when he plays poor, and he has had some stinkers, he gets a lot more stick in comparison to those around him. Emre Can is still a developing player, largely used as a backup and is on almost half of what the average Liverpool player earns. Not that that excuses anything just that he sometimes shoulders a lot of the blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Its not over the top in fairness the guy is rubbish,confidence isnt much help if you have no talent

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Its not over the top in fairness the guy is rubbish,confidence isnt much help if you have no talent

Do you ever stop moaning?

Do you ever stop moaning?

Jesus christ its not moaning its just stating the obvious, would you rather i sugar coat everything to make you feel better

I suggest a different sport. Following Liverpool isn't good for your health!!!

Your schtick is extremely boring.

Jesus christ its not moaning its just stating the obvious, would you rather i sugar coat everything to make you feel better

It hasn't been all bad, generally you've been very negative even when we've won. If you cant enjoy the wins whats the point? Nearly every single post you make is a pop at the players and the manager. Everything is a problem, yet we are still in with a great shout for top 4.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I suggest a different sport. Following Liverpool isn't good for your health!!!

Its not good for the health at all as we all know

• Advertisement

I think our stint in and around the top before Christmas raised expectations too much.

Looking at our subs bench summed it up for me. We've a bit to go before we challenge yet. Our squad isn't deep enough with talent required to win a title.

If we get top 4 I'll be happy enough. Klopp should get decent cash to spend then.

It hasn't been all bad, generally you've been very negative even when we've won. If you cant enjoy the wins whats the point? Nearly every single post you make is a pop at the players and the manager. Everything is a problem, yet we are still in with a great shout for top 4.

Of course it hasnt been all bad we have had some super performances,but if we do follow up a bad performance with a good people on here seem to forget the bad all too easily,we have had more poor displays then good this season i think and i personally think we need to replace at least 5 first team players but thats just my opinion, i want us to be better then this much better,so yea i am gonna sound negative because i honestly dont think we are that great,but carry on if your happy to be out of the cups and clinging on to 4th cos im not

Not just that, but we're 3rd in the league as well. You'd swear we were struggling down at the depths.

What i find strange is, for someone who is supporting the club for 35 years, he is choosing this season as some of the worst performances he has seen?? Considering how sensational we were in the first half of the season, that's some vitriol to the bad run of form since the turn of the year. Also, he's seen in the Souness reign, witnessed the Hodgson era, saw the last couple of years of the Houllier era, but Jan and Feb this year are really what's getting his goat???

If only he could live in the 1980s forever.

Of course it hasnt been all bad we have had some super performances,but if we do follow up a bad performance with a good people on here seem to forget the bad all too easily,we have had more poor displays then good this season i think and i personally think we need to replace at least 5 first team players but thats just my opinion, i want us to be better then this much better,so yea i am gonna sound negative because i honestly dont think we are that great,but carry on if your happy to be out of the cups and clinging on to 4th cos im not

But where are you getting this from? You seem to think people raving about a good win and performance is acceptance that we're going to win everything.

It's just fans enjoying a bloody win. It's enjoying the day. It's basking in that. Not everything has to be sh!te and if you think everything is sh!te, then enjoy the wins!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Not just that, but we're 3rd in the league as well. You'd swear we were struggling down at the depths.

What i find strange is, for someone who is supporting the club for 35 years, he is choosing this season as some of the worst performances he has seen?? Considering how sensational we were in the first half of the season, that's some vitriol to the bad run of form since the turn of the year. Also, he's seen in the Souness reign, witnessed the Hodgson era, saw the last couple of years of the Houllier era, but Jan and Feb this year are really what's getting his goat???

If only he could live in the 1980s forever.

Ill admit the souness days were pretty bloody bleak,jimmy carter,nicky tanner and co

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement