Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ricero wrote: »
    Top four already gone ? **** sake

Maybe I should have said I think top 4 is gone . Maybe a knee jerk reaction on my part to losing games to lower teams. Looking st the table we're in the mix if we sort that out :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Ill admit the souness days were pretty bloody bleak,jimmy carter,nicky tanner and co

Jesus, a shiver ran through me there reading those names. You also left out Istvan Kozma. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Of course it hasnt been all bad we have had some super performances,but if we do follow up a bad performance with a good people on here seem to forget the bad all too easily,we have had more poor displays then good this season i think and i personally think we need to replace at least 5 first team players but thats just my opinion, i want us to be better then this much better,so yea i am gonna sound negative because i honestly dont think we are that great,but carry on if your happy to be out of the cups and clinging on to 4th cos im not

I'm not ecstatic but you have to be realistic also, we have finished in the top 4 once in the last seven seasons. Klopp has as many wins at this point with 10 games to go than all of last season. Progress is being made. Sure the defeats are poor but I'm happy as long as we are improving. There is no quick fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jesus, a shiver ran through me there reading those names. You also left out Istvan Kozma. :o

I did think of him tbf,and torben peicnick or however you spell it😧

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

NukaCola wrote: »
    I'm not ecstatic but you have to be realistic also, we have finished in the top 4 once in the last seven seasons. Klopp has as many wins at this point with 10 games to go than all of last season. Progress is being made. Sure the defeats are poor but I'm happy as long as we are improving. There is no quick fix.

I understand what your saying,but what happened between dec and now was pretty awfull,ok we are making slight progress but this squad is gonna need a fair overhaul nxt season and tbh id be shocked if that happens too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I think the Echo have a story running presently (it was mentioned about a month ago too) that Can has been having an ongoing problem with his calf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

SM01 wrote: »
    I think the Echo have a story running presently (it was mentioned about a month ago too) that Can has been having an ongoing problem with his calf.

Let the vet sort it out, concentrate on his football ffs ..

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Its not over the top in fairness the guy is rubbish,confidence isnt much help if you have no talent

Never held me back, just saying, like... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

Re. Henderson. Plantar fasciitis goes away eventually. It can be a cnut but it's not that serious really. Unless he's one of the 1 to 2% of sufferers who require a surgical intervention, otherwise very manageable if you understand it. It's a condition that requires different management depending on the stage it's at (which is established by something like an MRI.) You can get a steroid injection that masks the pain but doesn't cure it. I'm guessing he might have done that already and I'm also guessing that there might be something else going on concurrently.

If anyone is really, really bored, Google Craig Payne Plantar Fasciitis. He's good at explaining it in layman's terms and he devours all the latest research relating to the condition.

can also get prp done which is blood taken , spun and the plasma injected into the foot ( fascia). does an excellent job But would be out for quite a while with it ( couple of months) . I would say that if this is the problem they may look at it as soon as the season is over to have him right for start of the new season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Great to see so many medical experts in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Let the vet sort it out, concentrate on his football ffs ..

Why does Emre Can wear long sleeved shirts?

Cos his arms are friesian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Why does Emre Can wear long sleeved shirts?

Cos his arms are friesian

Get out.

Now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Southampton could play an important part in the top 4. Both Utd and Arsenal have to travel there for one of their games in hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

paulie21 wrote: »
    Southampton could play an important part in the top 4. Both Utd and Arsenal have to travel there for one of their games in hand

They're also off to Spurs next, and they're without Harry Kane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Looking forward to seeing who Klopp recruits in the summer. His signings so far have been impressive, Mane, Matip Gigi.

Without putting the cart too far in front of the horse hopefully we can get a top four place this season. I would love to see Klopp managing us in the Champions League, Tuesdays and Wednesdays aren't the same when we aren't playing in the CL.
    I still haven't gotten over the debacle of our last campaign in that competition under Rodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

MD1990 wrote: »
    Great to see so many medical experts in this thread.
    FWIW i work as a sports podiatrist so plantar fasciitis is a very common condition to encounter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looking forward to seeing who Klopp recruits in the summer. His signings so far have been impressive, Mane, Matip Gigi.

Without putting the cart too far in front of the horse hopefully we can get a top four place this season. I would love to see Klopp managing us in the Champions League, Tuesdays and Wednesdays aren't the same when we aren't playing in the CL.
    I still haven't gotten over the debacle of our last campaign in that competition under Rodgers.

Rodgers got the CL so wrong, that time he rested all the top guys and sent kids out to play Real Madrid was the last straw for me.

He was so clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

FWIW i work as a sports podiatrist so plantar fasciitis is a very common condition to encounter.

great to see you posting in this thread

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

paulie21 wrote: »

They will lose to both of those and Spurs but beat us at Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bunch of short ass push overs. :p

C6wMf2mXUAA61AW.jpg

Watford are on steroids.

Regarding ht & wt, was surprised at how fat Barton was yesterday, looked in awful shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Also Arsenal are fourth shortest. Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

And MUFC 6th heaviest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

And MUFC 6th heaviest.

Surely Shaw takes up half the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fieldog wrote: »
    Surely Shaw takes up half the team?

And Ibra's ego the other half?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Massive blow for Spurs losing Kane - They really struggled without him earlier in the year, drawing games you'd have favoured them to win handy enough.

It's between Liverpool and Chelsea for the title now you'd feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Vanolder wrote: »
    Massive blow for Spurs losing Kane - They really struggled without him earlier in the year, drawing games you'd have favoured them to win handy enough.

It's between Liverpool and Chelsea for the title now you'd feel.

I like this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

A win is a win ... but for the umpteenth time this season we looked clueless and more importantly, leaderless, for large spells yesterday. Fair play to Can, he was the one player that really took on responsibility... I've no worries about next weeks game performance wise, but the team need to step up to the mark beyond that - it's fairly gutless stuff.

Credit to Mignolet also yesterday - he really commanded his box yesterday and came out with 2/3 big punches that he may have previously shied away from.

I'd say Spurs will scrape top 4 without Kane unfortunately........... and I still think Arsenal will galvanise their efforts :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »
    Sounds like the Plainter Fascitis thing he had last year. No cure for it, but it can be managed I think.

I've had a bout of it recently. Awful **** of a thing - can't imagine trying to play professional football while suffering from it. He'll have to manage his activity outside training / matches and recovery from same carefully. Special insoles, anti inflammatories all that jazz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Augeo wrote: »
    I'd say Spurs will scrape top 4 without Kane unfortunately........... and I still think Arsenal will galvanise their efforts :(

Honestly cant call it yet. Spurs were toothless without kane earlier in the season and went on a dire run and arsenal is a messy situation with wengers future unknown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Would anyone take Luke Shaw if Mourinho gives him the boot in the summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I have no idea if he would be good enough, does anyone really know - he's hardly played enough games in succession to make a sound judgement. Ryan Bertrand on the other hand has (yes we'll keep digging in the Southampton mine one way or another!)

Maybe, as long as his contract stipulates that he isn't allowed within 50 yards of The Lobster Pot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Absolutely.

7 PM and a bit KO

U23s Starting XI vs Chelsea: Kelleher; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Lovren, Randall; Stewart; Wilson, Virtue, Grujić, Ojo; Brewster

B Williams, Whelan, N Phillips, J Williams, T Gomes

22 mins

Liverpool 1 - 0 Chelsea

Harry Wilson from the spot after TAA was brought down - the home side are dominant in just about every respect, the main danger is likely to be complacency. Great wide play on both flanks by Ojo and TAA

HT 1-0 - oh for a natural centre forward of the old "stick it on his 'ed" school - some treemengeous wide balls played in at pace but no one to quite connect, a few near misses but you get nothing for them. Chelsea are weirdly quiet - not like them at all, not even really fouling with conviction. Liverpool should have this game done and dusted on every metric bar the one that counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Is it just me or are can and pogba very similar type players. Don't really fit in anywhere and are only really good driving at defenses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Herrera suspension as well now.

Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is it just me or are can and pogba very similar type players. Don't really fit in anywhere and are only really good driving at defenses

As sh1te as Can has been this season he has still been better than Pogba.

I'd take £90m for Can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Kanté is some player.....

• Advertisement

7 PM and a bit KO

U23s Starting XI vs Chelsea: Kelleher; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Lovren, Randall; Stewart; Wilson, Virtue, Grujić, Ojo; Brewster

B Williams, Whelan, N Phillips, J Williams, T Gomes

22 mins

Liverpool 1 - 0 Chelsea

Harry Wilson from the spot after TAA was brought down - the home side are dominant in just about every respect, the main danger is likely to be complacency. Great wide play on both flanks by Ojo and TAA

HT 1-0 - oh for a natural centre forward of the old "stick it on his 'ed" school - some treemengeous wide balls played in at pace but no one to quite connect, a few near misses but you get nothing for them. Chelsea are weirdly quiet - not like them at all, not even really fouling with conviction. Liverpool should have this game done and dusted on every metric bar the one that counts.

FT Liverpool 2 - 0 Chelsea

Second half continued as the first ended, loads of possession and chances, finally the second goal coming from a cracking TAA free kick straight round the wall and past the keeper.

Marko Grujic was imperious and huge, about half a foot taller than everyone else it seemed. Lovren had a good work out playing about 75mins in front of Jurgen Klopp who should have been impressed by Harry Wilson and Ojo plus the aforementioned TAA who was deffo man of the match. If he is a full back for more than another year or two I'll be surprised - looks like a Gareth Bale type waiting to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

oh dear

https://twitter.com/unitedstandmufc/status/840513139192020992

Seems like it was deleted but it was how the media say how Kante is a better player than Herrera and how we will find out tonight that it is not true

herrera_zpssgcvsm66.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

POTY by some distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

mosstin wrote: »
    POTY by some distance.

As much as I dislike Chelsea I could watch him all day. He's unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Knex. wrote: »
    Also Arsenal are fourth shortest. Lol.

Number 4 in the FA cup draw too. Someone has a sense of humour.

Of the 4 left in it I hope City win it. They annoy me the least.

Of the 4 left in it I hope City win it. They annoy me the least.

If Spurs can win it without Kane, I wouldn't begrudge them the cup tbh. It'd be a big achievement.

martyos121 wrote: »
    If Spurs can win it without Kane, I wouldn't begrudge them the cup tbh. It'd be a big achievement.

Spurs don't like to win trophies. It tarnishes the purity of their football.

Spurs don't like to win trophies. It tarnishes the purity of their football.

They're slowly turning into Arsenal. :pac:

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    They're slowly turning into Arsenal. :pac:

:)

They'll love to hear that.

I have a mate that's a Spurs fan...every year it's the same thing "oh we have a tiny squad...a couple of injuries and we'll end up midtable. Planning for the future...new stadium blah blah blah" They never end up midtable and they know they're not going to end up midtable but it's an argument you can't win. It's weird arguing with a supporter of another club and you're the one trying to tell him they're good. I've just given up. You can't win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement