Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Of the 4 left in it I hope City win it. They annoy me the least.

Whoever does, the good thing is that if we finish 6th we don't have to play the crappy EL qualifier in July anyhow. I hope it's CL we're looking at, but I don't want us playing competitively in July anyhow. We could still finish 7th of course, but while 5th or 6th would be disappointing, lower would be very frustrating and surely won't happen. Surely.

In terms of least annoying, I don't care if Chelsea win it either. I don't like them, but I like Conte, and they are the best team this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

:)

They'll love to hear that.

I have a mate that's a Spurs fan...every year it's the same thing "oh we have a tiny squad...a couple of injuries and we'll end up midtable. Planning for the future...new stadium blah blah blah" They never end up midtable and they know they're not going to end up midtable but it's an argument you can't win. It's weird arguing with a supporter of another club and you're the one trying to tell him they're good. I've just given up. You can't win.

I've had the exact same experience with certain Spurs fans haha. Wonder if they have their own forum here because they don't think they're good enough for the proper one? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

martyos121 wrote: »
    I've had the exact same experience with certain Spurs fans haha. Wonder if they have their own forum here because they don't think they're good enough for the proper one? :D

It was the same with the FA cup. Every single round "I hope we get knocked out so we can concentrate on getting back into the Champions League" Yeah that went well for ye this year. I just cant understand that mentality. I was gutted when we were knocked out of the FA cup and the League cup. I want to win ****ing everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

5starpool wrote: »
    Whoever does, the good thing is that if we finish 6th we don't have to play the crappy EL qualifier in July anyhow. I hope it's CL we're looking at, but I don't want us playing competitively in July anyhow. We could still finish 7th of course, but while 5th or 6th would be disappointing, lower would be very frustrating and surely won't happen. Surely.

In terms of least annoying, I don't care if Chelsea win it either. I don't like them, but I like Conte, and they are the best team this season.

I hope they don't but I'll be amazed if Chelsea don't win it. I like Conte too. He's a likable fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The great thing is all the top 4 rivals will have back league matches arranged and big cup games to play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm increasingly resigned to a EL finish position - the great Top Six mini league run will come to an end and that'll burst a balloon or two within the camp I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I'm hoping Klopp has a solid plan B for the city game. The change in tactic worked in December.
    A draw would be good. But it wouldn't mean much if the team don't start to sort it out against the lesser teams for the rest of the campaign

I'm increasingly resigned to a EL finish position - the great Top Six mini league run will come to an end and that'll burst a balloon or two within the camp I suspect.

Well there is only one game for it to come to an end in.

And that'll be the one! For some reason I thought we had another - Everton could that one actually.

That would be embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can is saying the contract negotiations aren't about money.

I'm guessing he wants more game time.

• Advertisement

He has to earn that. He has takent but after more players are signed up this summer I reckon he's a squad player next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I hope they don't but I'll be amazed if Chelsea don't win it. I like Conte too. He's a likable fella.

I had to laugh at Conte complaining about manU targeting Hazard for fouls all night.

He does know what club he's managing, doesn't he?

U23 highlights plus player interviews. As you'll see the amount of balls TAA pinged in was high, I wish Clyne would chuck a few more in.

The sound is very low but leave it down as the interviews are normal level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

There was almost a full round of LOI football last night but lads would rather sit in and watch Liverpool reserves playing ... We must have a fairly unique mindset when it comes to football in this country.

I know which side was playing better football! :p I follow Liverpool not a LoI side so why would I troop out to see a side I have no interest in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vanolder wrote:
    There was almost a full round of LOI football last night but lads would rather sit in and watch Liverpool reserves playing ... We must have a fairly unique mindset when it comes to football in this country.

Yeah it's unique in a Liverpool thread people are talking about Liverpool FC & not LOI. There were even people watching Chelsea vs Man Utd too

I know which side was playing better football! :p I follow Liverpool not a LoI side so why would I troop out to see a side I have no interest in?

You 'follow' Liverpool :D

You jumped on a bandwagon, mate, like most Irish football fans ... You've no affinity to Liverpool or any other post industrial revolution City in the UK other than them being on the TV a lot.

I watch English football and enjoy it but I don't actually believe i'm from Liverpool... unfortunately your average Irish person can't grasp this part and you'd often here them calling each other manCs and scousers and cockneys :D

Like I said, we have a bizarre mindset when it comes to football and you can see why Rugby and GAA are miles ahead of it in relation to facilities/sponsorship/development.

Watching Liverpool reserves must be one of the most pitiful things I've read in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm confused, I also like the New York Giants. does that mean I'm American?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm confused, I also like the New York Giants. does that mean I'm American?

No, you're a wanna-be American if you watch it at the same time LoI is being played. According to some.

Vanolder wrote: »

You jumped on a bandwagon, mate, like most Irish football fans

You should never assume everyone posting here was born in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

yawn

jem wrote: »
    yawn

YNWA, no? Have you forgotten your scouse heritage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

YNWA, no? Have you forgotten your scouse heritage?

Surely it's​ ok for someone not to be interested in in something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

You jumped on a bandwagon, mate, like most Irish football fans ... You've no affinity to Liverpool or any other post industrial revolution City in the UK other than them being on the TV a lot.

I watch English football and enjoy it but I don't actually believe i'm from Liverpool... unfortunately your average Irish person can't grasp this part and you'd often here them calling each other manCs and scousers and cockneys :D

Like I said, we have a bizarre mindset when it comes to football and you can see why Rugby and GAA are miles ahead of it in relation to facilities/sponsorship/development.

Watching Liverpool reserves must be one of the most pitiful things I've read in a long time.

giphy.gif

Leave it out - You're not going to get much of a positive response with a post like that in this thread so why even bother. The only result is looking like you're popping in for the wind up

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Vanolder, if you wish to discuss League of Ireland then use the appropriate threads.

................. As you'll see the amount of balls TAA pinged in was high, I wish Clyne would chuck a few more in................................

I would think Clyne is encouraged to keep the ball on the floor for the mostpart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is it just me or are can and pogba very similar type players. Don't really fit in anywhere and are only really good driving at defenses

Have had very similar seasons so far. We've been slating Can in here for a few weeks and i don't see Pogba getting the same level of criticism even though he cost way in excess of Can.

Here's a few stats from this season's PL

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2016/2017/emre_can/641/641/2169/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/paul_pogba/641/641/2710/0/p#pass_completion/goals_scored/assists/shot_accuracy/tackles_won/aerial_duels_won_%/clearances#total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Augeo wrote: »
    I would think Clyne is encouraged to keep the ball on the floor for the mostpart.

He seems to be encouraged to keep the ball caught under his feet.

He seems to be encouraged to keep the ball caught under his feet.

I wouldn't imagine so tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't have a tricolour tattoo and I can't find my birth cert. Is it cool if I still post here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Grayditch wrote: »
    I don't have a tricolour tattoo and I can't find my birth cert. Is it cool if I still post here?

That depends, are you a follower, a fan, or a supporter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Like you did the Patriots in the NFL? I highly doubt it was because of their rich history.

Such a weird post. Liverpool fan enjoys watching any aspect of Liverpool play, reserves that might be part of the future in fact and you take umbrage with it? Bizarre.

You can take your high horse attitude, and hypocritical one too, and stick it frankly.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Folks, the poster has been dealt with so please drop that line of discussion.

Mickeroo wrote: »

I'll discuss lines all I want, thank you very much. I like straight ones, but squiggly ones are my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Only if you're from Liverpool and take an oath of allegiance to the British monarch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

how much more does he want, he's played a good bit this season surely ?

he's played around 34 games for us this season in all comps... 22 in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mickeroo wrote: »

No need to take it that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

mada999 wrote: »
    how much more does he want, he's played a good bit this season surely ?

he's played around 34 games for us this season in all comps... 22 in the league

Maybe some more security over his role in the team?

Despite playing 20+ games, it's been clear for long parts of the season that he is seen as the 4th member of our 3-man midfield. He covers Henderson, Wijnaldum and Lallana, resulting in plenty of games but some very different roles.

As such, his own performances are suffering somewhat.

Just a guess, but he's 23 and, regardless of his poor form of late, he is a talented footballer. I'd reckon he wants to be seen as an important part of the team rather than an important part of the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Only if you're from Liverpool and take an oath of allegiance to the British monarch.

Scouse not English...

Oh wait, I can't say that, I'm from Dublin...

Maybe some more security over his role in the team?

Despite playing 20+ games, it's been clear for long parts of the season that he is seen as the 4th member of our 3-man midfield. He covers Henderson, Wijnaldum and Lallana, resulting in plenty of games but some very different roles.

As such, his own performances are suffering somewhat.

Just a guess, but he's 23 and, regardless of his poor form of late, he is a talented footballer. I'd reckon he wants to be seen as an important part of the team rather than an important part of the squad.

He'll probably get similar games next season with Europe hopefully. However, if we do our recruitment correctly we should see him pushed further down the pecking order. I like Can but we cant wait for him to get to the next level for much longer, if he wants that place he'll have to earn it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

mourinho said pogba was by far the best player on the pitch last night ..he actually said that,only cahill was worse than him last night,defense of rojos stamp is priceless considering what happened to mings . (not by all fans)

any word on arry kane?

yes i know what thread im in thanks.

Glico Man wrote: »
    Like you did the Patriots in the NFL? I highly doubt it was because of their rich history.

Such a weird post. Liverpool fan enjoys watching any aspect of Liverpool play, reserves that might be part of the future in fact and you take umbrage with it? Bizarre.

You can take your high horse attitude, and hypocritical one too, and stick it frankly.

I lived in Boston, mate.

any word on arry kane?...............

Scan today ......... hasn't yet been confirmed if he'll miss rest of season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

NukaCola wrote: »
    He'll probably get similar games next season with Europe hopefully. However, if we do our recruitment correctly we should see him pushed further down the pecking order. I like Can but we cant wait for him to get to the next level for much longer, if he wants that place he'll have to earn it.

I agree with you, but you can see where he's coming from.

I mean, in terms of development, he'd nearly be better off playing every week in one position for a lower side than every two weeks in a number of positions even if we do have European football next season.

He hasn't done enough to dislodge any of Lallana, Henderson or Wijnaldum as far as I'm concerned and, while I'd rather he stayed because I do rate him, I can see why he wouldn't be content with his current role.

The main issue he is facing is that our midfield looks a very finely balanced thing. It doesn't really work without each of that trio and each has a very specific role in it. Can, meanwhile, is a bit more of a mesh of each - he's powerful and drives forward and can tackle, but his passing, vision and the subtlety/finesse of Lallana are all absent.

Where could we put him without changing the dynamic of our whole eleven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I don't know the names of any of the youth team players nor have I ever seen a full game of theirs. Is it cool if I still post here? Or are the exaggerations only allowed when it's LoI fans being slated?

I'd rather watch LoI than Liverpool reserves or youths despite being a Loverpool fan. It certainly doesn't make me ultra nationalist as you suggest

The Can contract thing is a bit of noise distraction IMO.

If he stays fair enough, if he leaves will his replacement be better.....bla bla.

I still think we need a CM/DM to play infront of the back 4 that's an upgrade on Henderson or at least someone who does that role better than Can does passing wise for cover as we'll have EL/CL and PL next year.

We need to keep Can and bring in another or if Can leaves we need to bring in 2 CMs IMO.

Unless Grujic is pencilled in of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I know! And some people watching Coronation Street when sure don't we have Fair City!?

Not to mention all the auld cinema's filled up with movies from out foreign. Give me 6 screens showing My Left Foot on repeat please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Proved right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Had a full Irish for breakfast.

I'm so patriotic and in need of a gym membership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I don't know the names of any of the youth team players nor have I ever seen a full game of theirs. Is it cool if I still post here? Or are the exaggerations only allowed when it's LoI fans being slated?

I'd rather watch LoI than Liverpool reserves or youths despite being a Loverpool fan. It certainly doesn't make me ultra nationalist as you suggest

I absolutely love how seriously you took my post.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement