Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,527 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

5starpool wrote: »
    Yes, I want them to end their careers, that''s exactly what I said. Well done.

Jesus settle down will ya, wishing any kind of injury on someone is scummy, I just pointed out how classless it was and the damage that can be done by a head injury in particular, Andy Wilkinson for example who had to retire from such a thing. You hoping for an injury to a rival club's player doesn't make me the bad guy here.

Ironic that you imply I twisted your words when you've literally just done the same thing. :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why? Will probably just make them more focused on the league now.

Demoralised, etc. If they went through their tails would be up. It wouldn't have distracted them given that the next round is after the internationals anyhow. Probably won't have a huge effect anyhow I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,602 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,590 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why? Will probably just make them more focused on the league now.

A defeat like tonight can be morally draining. Scoring 6 and still going out can really knock confidence and weaken them mentally for Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

murpho999 wrote: »
    A defeat like tonight can be morally draining. Scoring 6 and still going out can really knock confidence and weaken them mentally for Sunday.

Maybe. Could go either way really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭mosstin

That Brandt lad missed a sitter vs Atletico. He's obviously useless and we'd be better off without him.

mosstin wrote: »
    That Brandt lad missed a sitter vs Atletico. He's obviously useless and we'd be better off without him.

We didn't want him anyhow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If we play on Sunday , like we normally do against the top6, I expect to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would be on the attack Sunday after watching that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,072 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I hope Firmino will be fit for the game on Sunday we need his mad press against that City defence.

• Advertisement

I hope Firmino will be fit for the game on Sunday we need his mad press against that City defence.

Back in light training today apparently, hopefully full session tomorrow. Touch and go I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He is back in training anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As I noted on the CL thread, press City and they turn into Arsenal. Attack 'em and they'll show all the endurance of a blancmange.

Just get the fab five in harmony and we have every chance of swapping places (no I haven't bothered to check the table).

As I noted on the CL thread, press City and they turn into Arsenal. Attack 'em and they'll show all the endurance of a blancmange.

Just get the fab five in harmony and we have every chance of swapping places (no I haven't bothered to check the table).

Yeah we'd go 2 points above them and they'd have a game in hand. That's against Man Utd isn't it?

Yep, though quite when that game is going to be played is anyone's guess right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,072 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Timo Werner (HaHa) is linked tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

martyos121 wrote: »
    Jesus settle down will ya, wishing any kind of injury on someone is scummy, I just pointed out how classless it was and the damage that can be done by a head injury in particular, Andy Wilkinson for example who had to retire from such a thing. You hoping for an injury to a rival club's player doesn't make me the bad guy here.

Ironic that you imply I twisted your words when you've literally just done the same thing. :rolleyes:

In fairness, him making an off hand jokey post hardly means he wished injuries on players does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Timo Werner (HaHa) is linked tonight.

Just sign all the Germans, easy journalism

NukaCola wrote: »
    In fairness, him making an off hand jokey post hardly means he wished injuries on players does it?

No, I'm scummy, that's it. I really hoped they'd contract typhoid or ebola but didn't want to say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I had ebola stew earlier, It really wasn't that bad.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »

In fairness, if he literally posts that he wants two Man City players to clash heads and pick up concussions (as cartoonish as the idea sounds), am I meant to automatically assume it's a joke? Maybe, but there's no need for him to turn the sarcasm and bitchiness up to 11 instead of just pointing out it was a joke. If it wasn't a joke, I'd 100% stand by my comment that it was a nasty thing to say. If it was, we can all move on from this pointless little episode. The in-fighting does my fcuking head in sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭mormank

martyos121 wrote: »
    In fairness, if he literally posts that he wants two Man City players to clash heads and pick up concussions (as cartoonish as the idea sounds), am I meant to automatically assume it's a joke? Maybe, but there's no need for him to turn the sarcasm and bitchiness up to 11 instead of just pointing out it was a joke. If it wasn't a joke, I'd 100% stand by my comment that it was a nasty thing to say. If it was, we can all move on from this pointless little episode. The in-fighting does my fcuking head in sometimes.

So stop starting it! :confused:
    Anyone with half a brain could see that 5Star merely wanted them to pick up something small that would keep them out of our game with them at the weekend. I'm sure if he had of thought of it he would have said catch a flu or something like that.
    Still he chose one of the mildest injuries a player can get and you choose to jump straight on him and take it to a completely new level neednessly, therefore starting the infighting. Then you even have the nerve right at the end to try claim some moral high ground by claiming not to like the in'fighting!
    I don't know which is more annoying/dangerous, people who purposefully start the fight or people who don't even realise they have started it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5starpool wrote: »
    No, I'm scummy, that's it. I really hoped they'd contract typhoid or ebola but didn't want to say it.

Given that one of our players lost his life to a virus recently that's a pretty insensitive thing to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Come on lads no need for the in fighting.

I fancy us to get a good result against City on Sunday.
    Think their moral is shot after their Monaco horror show last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Come on lads no need for the in fighting.

I fancy us to get a good result against City on Sunday.
    Think their moral is shot after their Monaco horror show last night.

Either that or we will be on the receiving end of a 'reaction' result.

Coutinho has a tendency to do well against City, though. Would be a nice time for him to reverse his inconsistent form of late!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We beat City on Sunday and its a real good grip on top 4.

Either that or we will be on the receiving end of a 'reaction' result.

Coutinho has a tendency to do well against City, though. Would be a nice time for him to reverse his inconsistent form of late!!

He hasn't been inconsistent... He's been consistently brutal. Looks like he hasn't recovered from his injury at all. I hope that's all it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

He hasn't been inconsistent... He's been consistently brutal. Looks like he hasn't recovered from his injury at all. I hope that's all it is.
    He was brutal the last day alright, but I think teams are more focused on him lately and he doesn't have as much space or time on the ball as he used to have..

He will have to up his game, though, as that is to be expected from the form he showed earlier this season. And as the others in the front 5 find a bit of form as well, space and time will be a bit easier to find hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Coutinho and Lallana have gone to sh*te since signing the new contracts. Not a happy coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,021 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Coutinho and Lallana have gone to sh*te since signing the new contracts. Not a happy coincidence.

Lallana was the best player on the pitch against Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Ben Woodburn called up to the Wales squad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Lallana was the best player on the pitch against Arsenal.

Granted he played well in that game but one swallow and all that. He hasn't had a goal or an assist in about three months. He's gone off the boil with coutinho since December, all in around the same time his contract talks were progressing/finalised. Just an observed coincidence between the two player's situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭klose

paulie21 wrote: »
    Ben Woodburn called up to the Wales squad

Either they plan on cap tieing him like Harry Wilson a while back or else wales are really, really stuck for forwards. In any case what a fecking year for the kid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,360 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I am just glad Liverpool are not playing Boro this weekend

Guardiola is planning a clear out according to the meeja Kelechi Iheanacho is a name mentioned (then again so is Aquero!) obviously at very different stages but if either were possible Liverpool should at least be monitoring (;)) the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We'll monitor them hard!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Despite Aguero being a great finisher, he is a DIY and most of the time ends up in the corner with nowhere to go. He's not a fan of passing at all, or else he doesn't see the options available.
    I doubt he would fit in with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭SM01

Iheanacho - yes please! Obviously yes to Aguero but don't think we'd have a hope. Saying that, we should try.

Don't know why Pep would possibly want to get rid of Iheanacho. He doesn't currently have the skills Pep likes in a centre forward but he's still young enough to learn and develop those skills. I'd love to see him at Liverpool, but it might hamper Origi's development who also has star potential. We need more depth and competition though at the end of the day, so if he's available for £30m or less, go for it I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Iheanacho no thanks!, already have enough back up strikers in Ings and Origi, Sturridge is probably gone so replace him with proven quality please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

is this a thing that's been talked about or has the Journo pulled it from his back end? I mean Kasper moving to you guys and not the part about the father,.
    Signing Schmeichel would instantly improve at least four of the current top seven. Peter Schmeichel, his father, was once such a huge Liverpool fan he told the club he would pay his own travel costs from Denmark if they offered him a trial (Graeme Souness turned him down: he already had David James). Liverpool also seems the most likely destination for Schmeichel Jr should he become available, and indeed an excellent fit.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/15/kasper-schmeichel-champions-league-leicester-steven-nzonzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,602 ✭✭✭brevity

****ing Souness.

brevity wrote: »
    ****ing Souness.

lol, yeah I kept that bit in on purpose. :D

Jayop wrote: »
    is this a thing that's been talked about or has the Journo pulled it from his back end? I mean Kasper moving to you guys and not the part about the father,.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/15/kasper-schmeichel-champions-league-leicester-steven-nzonzi

It's been discussed, but more in a "he's a better keeper than any we have" kind of way than any real links as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,021 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Liverpool need a keeper, Kasper's in the headlines at the moment, it's just an easy story that may end up having a grain of truth to it. I'd be more than happy if we bought him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd say Peter now would have saved Nzonzi's penalty the other night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is Peter Schmeichel a pool fan?

Didn't know that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,337 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wouldn't say no to Kasper at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

rob316 wrote: »
    Wouldn't say no to Kasper at all

A definite upgrade on Mignolet...

Jury still out on Karius

Liverpool need a keeper, Kasper's in the headlines at the moment, it's just an easy story that may end up having a grain of truth to it. I'd be more than happy if we bought him.

Yeah I was wondering about that. Unusual for Barney to get into that speculation thing, especially in the middle of an article that's not using the Liverpool link as a headline.

For me he seems to have developed into a truly top class keeper. Just turned 30 and you'd imagine he's got 5/6 really good years left in him. I'd hate if you got him tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement