Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sturridge, Hendo, Origi, Firmino are all out or doubtful. Have to pray Bobby F is ready as this is already his favourite tie of the season I suspect. With any luck City will overload their front line and start with Toure and one other to protect their defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Sturridge, Hendo, Origi, Firmino are all out or doubtful. Have to pray Bobby F is ready as this is already his favourite tie of the season I suspect. With any luck City will overload their front line and start with Toure and one other to protect their defence.

What's wrong with original and fun bobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Wijnaldum to score or assist and a one one draw after kdb equalises in the dying embers kd the game.

In all honesty I'd be disappointed with anything less than a pint with a weeks rest and them being on a downbeat and our good record against them and all of the top 6
    It's Paddys day, have two:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Wijnaldum to score or assist and a one one draw after kdb equalises in the dying embers kd the game.

In all honesty I'd be disappointed with anything less than a pint with a weeks rest and them being on a downbeat and our good record against them and all of the top 6

I'm pretty sure Wijnaldum hasn't scored an away goal since his time back in Holland. He definitely could score but I wouldn't be putting the house on it or anything like that personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

mormank wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Wijnaldum hasn't scored an away goal since his time back in Holland. He definitely could score but I wouldn't be putting the house on it or anything like that personally.

Assist so:D. There was some weird stat about sevilla not winning a single away game last year,couldn't believe it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

TAW doing a Xabi 50 minute interview will be online later and i'll make it available here :)

TAW player is good value at a fiver a month.

I like this new wave of paid content. I've given Second Captains a go as well and haven't been disappointed.

Interesting Interview with Carra about Xabi today as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Jesus christ Skrtel

https://streamable.com/7wjwh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

TAW doing a Xabi 50 minute interview will be online later and i'll make it available here :)

https://soundcloud.com/luckycharms74/xabialonsointerview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

seen a interview with a young kdb yesterday,saying liverpool are his favourite team ,,michael owen his fav player. another one who got away

:pac:

• Advertisement

Jesus christ Skrtel

Who does he think he is? Daniel Agger? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Presser

Fun Bobby passed fit for Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Jesus christ Skrtel

Anyone else waiting for the big **** up when they clicked on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

niallo27 wrote: »

I was expecting an article on why andre villas boas was a good fit for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Happy Paddys Day lads.

We really need some Irish in the squad! Robbie Brady/Shane long?:)

Some Scottish even, We generally win stuff when there is a bit of Celtic personal.

The u18 have a good Irish spine.... we just have to bide our time

The Copa America will be changing its timing to coincide with the Euros in future so South American players won't be absent during the season except for qualifiers, the same as European players.

https://twitter.com/giraltpablo/status/842907548877557760

y decision of CONMEBOL is they would modify years of America's Cup. I.e., Brazil 2019, Ecuador (in parallel with the euro) 2020, 2024, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fun Bobby passed fit for Sunday.

Great news. Roberto sure likes playing against City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

The Copa America will be changing its timing to coincide with the Euros in future so South American players won't be absent during the season except for qualifiers, the same as European players.

y decision of CONMEBOL is they would modify years of America's Cup. I.e., Brazil 2019, Ecuador (in parallel with the euro) 2020, 2024, etc.
    They need to force the AFCON to do something similar IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Got an email from TAW my account suspended, so wont be posting anymore

They need to force the AFCON to do something similar IMHO
    I doubt that will happen, I wouldn't like to see some of our players playing in the Summer heat and humidity in some of the countries in Africa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Shh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

How did they know it was you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

sword1 wrote: »
    Shh

Great assist sword1 :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Great assist sword1 :P

Shhit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

emo72 wrote: »

SoundCloud can suss it out...

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

niallo27 wrote: »

I was expecting a lofted back pass to beat his keeper from 40 yards tbh

emo72 wrote: »

They googled him - only half joking. TAW probably do word searches of their podcast titles and see if they turn up anywhere not authorised to host said material.

Arsenal intent on giving us some slack if we lose 2m.

• Advertisement

The Top 4 is in disarray!

In other news the U18s played Blackburn Rvrs

U18s Starting XI vs Blackburn: Atherton; N Williams, Masterson, Johnston, Glennon; Coyle; Simmonds, Sharif, A Lewis, C Jones; Millar

Subs B Williams, Camacho, Adekanye, Blair

Winning 3-0. goals from Jones x2 and Johnson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Top 4 spot is ours to lose now. We have to take this opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

The Top 4 is in disarray!

Its pathetic really the league currently gets 4 CL spots. Money talks I suppose

Good news. Nice if the African Cup of Nations would do the same, and go to a 4 year cycle too.

Hopefully Wenger hangs in there until the end of the season.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Top 4 spot is ours to lose now. We have to take this opportunity.

Indeed.... motivation shouldn't be an issue. The pressure of expectation might be though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Hopefully Wenger hangs in there until the end of the next season.

Better.

Fowler87 wrote: »

Is it though?

Sure it's taking Liverpool having their 4th best premier league season ever (at this point iirc..) to be in fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hopefully Wenger hangs in there until the end of the season time.

Best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sure the Copa America is in the summer European Clubs were never effected with players going away to it, it was more the rest after it sure some players who played in the Euros this summer were given extra time to recover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

That's another clean sheet for Palace. For a team who leaked goals consistently before Sakho's arrival, he's clearly made a massive difference to them.
    Meanwhile.......
    https://twitter.com/DominicKing_DM/status/843140867867246592

mosstin wrote: »
    That's another clean sheet for Palace. For a team who leaked goals consistently before Sakho's arrival, he's clearly made a massive difference to them.
    Meanwhile.......
    https://twitter.com/DominicKing_DM/status/843140867867246592

The guy has talent. I think most would have agreed with that anyway.

It's his attitude that was questionable and ultimately cost him his career with Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fowler87 wrote: »

Well, the coefficient seems reasonably fair to be honest. The closest country to England I think is Italy, and they have only one CL team left too, and no EL teams left.

Though what's the story with that 'legacy system' they were talking of for a while, where England would be guaranteed 4 spots long term regardless... is that actually going to come in at some stage?

<edit> Yeah, seems they've already changed it to just give an extra one to Italy. In terms of quality, with Germany, Italy, Spain and England all getting 4, i'm not sure who England's 4th one could be given to that would legitimately improve the quality of the tournament... France? I'm not sure... beyond their best two teams, im not sure they could offer a top quality third consistently. The coefficient kind of shows they can't - though to be fair Nice have done bloody well this season in 3rd place, but I'd still expect them to get outclassed early on in the CL. PSG and Monaco are in a class above the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Forget about that Skrtel goal. Here's an absolute worldie by Kuyt.

https://twitter.com/Kuyt/status/843150300345262080

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mosstin wrote: »
    Forget about that Skrtel goal. Here's an absolute worldie by Kuyt.

https://twitter.com/Kuyt/status/843150300345262080

Same hair-do and everything :pac:

Let's see what he's like away to Stoke in November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Though what's the story with that 'legacy system' they were talking of for a while, where England would be guaranteed 4 spots long term regardless... is that actually going to come in at some stage?

Fairly sure the 'legacy' part isn't happening, it'll just be the that the top 4 leagues on coefficient will get 4 places. France/Portugal etc could still become one of those Top4 eventually and cause someone else to drop out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fairly sure the 'legacy' part isn't happening, it'll just be the that the top 4 leagues on coefficient will get 4 places. France/Portugal etc could still become one of those Top4 eventually and cause someone else to drop out.

Good, ok, yeah that makes sense. The idea of countries being guaranteed spots regardless of performance seemed pretty ludicrous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The guy has talent. I think most would have agreed with that anyway.

It's his attitude that was questionable and ultimately cost him his career with Liverpool.

Its something that really irks me about the modern game.

There were plenth of wild foitballers back in tbe day and as long as they done their jobs on a Saturday afternoon, nobody cared.

• Advertisement

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Its something that really irks me about the modern game.

There were plenth of wild foitballers back in tbe day and as long as they done their jobs on a Saturday afternoon, nobody cared.

I hear ya.

There were a few rule breaking reported instances with Sakho iirc. If your boss makes rules you have to stick to them tbf.

It's a pity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement