Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Guys

No point whinging about what's happening in another thread. If you have an issue report it and move on. The Mods can deal with it as they see fit.

Any questions PM me

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

jayo26 wrote: »
    Henderson out for ye tonight will he be much of a loss?

Yes. Massive, imo.

I expect us to lose as a result tbh. Not confident of Can pulling the strings at DM at all.

We're actually probably lucky that we're away from home, and its not just Leicester sitting back and only countering, with Can being asked to dictate every attack and pass the ball 90 times. Least I hope so, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

brevity wrote: »
    Doesn't Can play better when Henderson isn't around?

Not this year. He was even worse.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Back to calling players Mr Glass and such just getting tedious at this stage

Hadn't noticed that. I should read more thoroughly at times it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

jayo26 wrote: »
    Henderson out for ye tonight will he be much of a loss?

JUkFStxBRgCylEhViFM4_hendo.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

J Mysterio wrote: »
    JUkFStxBRgCylEhViFM4_hendo.JPG
    unfair reflection of his contribution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Eh? Twice the win rate? Unfair?!

Anyway, the bench again illustrates just how thin the squad is once a couple of knocks/viruses crop up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

In work tonight and not going to see the game.

That bench looks so weak who is actually missing Sturridge, Lovren & Henderson anyone else?

The squad really is short of proper squad players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Allen has is shortcomings by what you describe definitely isn't one of them, He has a great ability of using his body to shield the ball while under pressure, Coutinho even commented on it how he was amazed by it and it was something he could learn from Joe.

He doesn't, only partly why he is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

In work tonight and not going to see the game.

That bench looks so weak who is actually missing Sturridge, Lovren & Henderson anyone else?

The squad really is short of proper squad players.
    I'm hoping we won't need the subs much tonight.

I was dreading this game all day but, as I was finishing up this evening, I reckon Klopp has them tuned up nicely and they are fresh after a two week break.

2-0 to the 'Pool tonight:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

daithijjj wrote: »
    He doesn't, only partly why he is gone.

So you know better than some one who has played with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Lucas completely out of his depth as a CB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've no faith in this team, watching them has become very passive over the last two months, zero expectations for them to perform.

**** this

I've no faith in this team, watching them has become very passive over the last two months, zero expectations for them to perform.

No leaders is a big concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

This is going to be an absolute hiding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Lucas completely out of his depth as a CB

We've Lucas an aging and past it CM in at CB and another CM at left back - both in front of an inept keeper.

Why are we surprised at conceding outrageous goals anymore. Klopp gets a lot fo praise for us going forward and our attacking style but escapes criticism for our shambles in the back line - firstly and most basic is to pick defenders there.

We currently have a very goof CB on loan to another Prem League team. It befs belief.

2-0 now too because we can't defend set pieces. Good night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That's that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I guessed 2-0 to them, so far I realise I really need to start gambling....

We are that ****ing predictable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Absolutely pathetic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

You just know Leicester will lose their next 4 or 5 on the bounce.

Losing 0-2 to ****ty fcuking Leicester, questions need to be asked of Klopp like does he have a plan fcuking b.

2017 has been appalling.to be fair to Klopp he did say it was after the Spurs game that we'd see how we are.

We are looking at 6 pts from 7 PL games now, that's not far off relegation form. Add in all the cup games in 2017 and we are on the worse run I can recall. I'm not going to bother finding out how far back you have to go to see a worse run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well that was so predictable I don't know why I didn't bet on it. Hard to know what new to say when the same old thing keeps happening.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I should stop hoping we might actually win a game.

Everton will overtake us at this rate and we'll have another season where we get to not play in Europe to 'help' us, although 7th will probably get the July start in the EL qualifiers this season.

Every team in a relegation fight must be scrambling at this minute to get a look at the fixtures to see when they play us. We are cannon fodder.

Had enough of them at this stage, they'd make you sick!

...........Klopp like does he have a plan fcuking b.

Plan B :pac:
    that ole chestnut

I feel about as despondent as I did at the end of Houllier and Benitez' respective reign's.

Classic Liverpool. They never win the games they're supposed to, always play well against te top teams. Sadly, games against the top teams are about 8 games a season. You can be confident they will have a good many fuk ups in the rest - terrible losses and dreary draws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Fûcking shambles once again. From title chasing form to relegation form in the same season. Can't ever remember a team folding as bad as we have this season.

• Advertisement

Maybe the whole team have this 'virus'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Every time we come against a team with anything to fight for or a point to prove, we cave in. This is gutless stuff. Klopp is an excellent manager but we look not even remotely close to stemming the tide of awful results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've never enjoyed football less than I have these last few months.

Don't worry guys we have an amazing bench to pick from to win us the game.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Maybe the whole team have this 'virus'?

Think it's gone actually. I haven't seen one of them pass anything on in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Several of our top players have gone missing when the chips are down,fcuk this team,zero fight in it. Cnuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

mosstin wrote: »
    Every time we come against a team with anything to fight for or a point to prove, we cave in. This is gutless stuff. Klopp is an excellent manager but we look not even remotely close to stemming the tide of awful results.

Well we did beat Spurs last time out. But theres no excuse for this... so flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

What's the excuse for this week?
    Too much rest. It's like groundhog season watching us. No character & when it matters we go missing.
    Not particularly bothered about Arsenal, they'll overtake us handily regardless of the result Saturday.

Losing 0-2 to ****ty fcuking Leicester, questions need to be asked of Klopp like does he have a plan fcuking b.

I'm starting to wonder now.

****ing weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

So you know better than some one who has played with him.

On the evidence presented, yes.

On a side note, we have the worst defence in the league, we will probably sign a wing forward next..............but only after we sell someone.

Several of our top players have gone missing when the chips are down,fcuk this team,zero fight in it. Cnuts.

Everyone is waiting for Mane to do something.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know why exactly Mignolet watches that fly past him into the net? That was far from a world class strike.
    https://twitter.com/LFCGif/status/836315275448438784

ERG89 wrote: »
    What's the excuse for this week?

There are no excuses, we're ****ing shít! Sick of this team, they'd do your head in.

Well that was so predictable I don't know why I didn't bet on it. Hard to know what new to say when the same old thing keeps happening.

I looked at Leicester were 17/5. Couldnt bring myself to bet on it.

A sh*t keeper, 2 aging midfielders in the defense and no striker. There's no way we will finish top 5, hell even Everton might finish above us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

New contracts for everyone and they are all taking it handy, thinking of their Spanish Hollyer last week, it's so frustrating...

I'm just so sick of it, it's hard for me to watch it but I have to of course.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We look like a **** team full of **** players.

Lallana and Mignolet were just about the only ones who didn't utterly disgrace themselves.
    Can wasn't actively terrible I suppose but someone needs to get on the ball in midfield and nobody is stepping up.

Milner tries but he's our entire left flank and it's simply nowhere near good enough.
    Firmino is great in tough games against top teams or as a stop gap but he is nowhere near the required standard for our starting CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool still can't beat their playing in Leicester same as when playing in the old ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We have barely won a challenge.
    Leicester are just hoofing the ball & we can't cope.

Need FSG in the summer to pay the money required to get Van Dijk or any top class player Klopp wants.

Does anyone know why exactly Mignolet watches that fly past him into the net? That was far from a world class strike.

It was a fantastic goal, but why didnt Mignolet stretch out his arms for it? Did henthinknit was going out?

Yep, camera behind the goal shows he had plenty of time to react, and wasn't even that far from the ball.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement