Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Its something that really irks me about the modern game.

There were plenth of wild foitballers back in tbe day and as long as they done their jobs on a Saturday afternoon, nobody cared.

You think the likes of Paisley, Clough or Revie would have put up with Sakho's antics? I'd be sceptical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

There were plenth of wild foitballers back in tbe day and as long as they done their jobs on a Saturday afternoon, nobody cared.

Would they be pissing around Alcatraz with a gopro annoying everyone though? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I hear ya.

There were a few rule breaking reported instances with Sakho iirc. If your boss makes rules you have to stick to them tbf.

It's a pity.

Unless Klopp is very strict on discipline or wanted to make an example of him, you could say Sakho was treated harshly. I reckon there's more to it. Whatever the case I think both parties will miss out, unfortunately.

Big Sam has played a huge part in CP tightening up in defence I'd imagine. Sakho is a contributing factor too of course.

Sakho under klopp might get carried away going forward too much too... defence isn't really our thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You remember how Ben Woodburn was the next big thing? Here is the new next big thing - Curtis Jones (who with that name could probably declare for Wales)

This is his 7th appearance at U18 level as a 16 year old and 4 goals already.

• Advertisement

Is woodburn still not the next big thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I thought Punky Brewster was the next next big thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No, you stand still for a minute at Melwood and someone comes past you - Glen McCauley, Rhian Brewster now this fella, they are queuing up! :pac:

It's brilliant that there is a conveyor belt in train as it increases the chances of one getting through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

corwill wrote: »
    You think the likes of Paisley, Clough or Revie would have put up with Sakho's antics? I'd be sceptical.

Of course they would. It would have been dealt with in the dressing room with a bollocking and a fine but he'd be in the team as long as his performances were to standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Even before Klopp showed up Sakho was causing trouble, he stormed out of Anfield before the Everton game because he wasn't in the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Ya well, the standard of football has improved so much since "back in the day" and the level of professionalism and wages etc have skyrocketed also that alot more is expected of players and every slight edge than can be gained is crucial.
    Remember that also back in the a player could hack down his fellow pros for the entire game and stop off at his local on the way home for pints and finish it all off with a dirty kebab and chips, and nobody cared....the game has moved on. Best not to let it irk you. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Of course they would. It would have been dealt with in the dressing room with a bollocking and a fine but he'd be in the team as long as his performances were to standard.

As far as I can see, that was attempted, and Sakho still acted the bollix. LFC is not even the first club he has ran out of road at, discipline wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

No, you stand still for a minute at Melwood and someone comes past you - Glen McCauley, Rhian Brewster now this fella, they are queuing up! :pac:

It's brilliant that there is a conveyor belt in train as it increases the chances of one getting through.
    We'll win nothing with kids....:pac:

It's good to see promising kids coming through and good to see the manager giving them a chance to play in the first team once he thinks they're good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

We'll win nothing with kids....:pac:

It's good to see promising kids coming through and good to see the manager giving them a chance to play in the first team once he thinks they're good enough.

If young players are making it at the club it is an extra incentive for the young superstars that are being chased by alot of clubs to sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Right enough about Sakho and young lads coming though.

Time to live in the present and presently I want a Udt lose/draw and a Pool win today to complete my weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Mboro look decent enough so far. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see United drop points

Edit: balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Right enough about Sakho and young lads coming though.

Time to live in the present and presently I want a Udt lose/draw and a Pool win today to complete my weekend

If they're coming through, would that not be classed as present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

bit of a must win today I reckon, could put a grip on top 4.

I don't think today is a must win, though it would give us a huge advantage. Arsenal and City have to play each other next week and there are plenty of games between rivals on the way where someone will have to drop points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I don't think today is a must win, though it would give us a huge advantage. Arsenal and City have to play each other next week and there are plenty of games between rivals on the way where someone will have to drop points.

We'll likely drop stupid points in the last 8 games.

I think it probably is a must win, because the points have to come from somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Maybe not a must win, but Liverpool need not to lose it. Utd breathing down their neck now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Vanolder wrote: »
    Maybe not a must win, but Liverpool need not to lose it. Utd breathing down their neck now.

:D

Not gonna be easy to keep this up. You've made a nice rod for your back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

if we were to get a draw today and a win at home against everton i would be delighted. Dunno what man city will show up today or what liverpool either for that matter :pac:

Some random stats about todays game...

Manchester City have lost five of their last six Premier League meetings with Liverpool (W1).
    Indeed, Liverpool have won four consecutive league games against Man City for the first time since 1981 (a run of seven).
    Manchester City have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last 12 games in all competitions against Liverpool, shipping 23 in the process (W2 D4 L6).
    Man City’s next Premier League home win will be their 200th in the competition, becoming the 8th team to reach this milestone. 158 of those 199 wins have come at the Etihad, 41 at Maine Road.
    Philippe Coutinho has scored more Premier League goals versus Manchester City than against any other team (4) in the competition.
    Sadio Mane has had a hand in four goals in his last three Premier League appearances against the Citizens (three goals, one assist), including a hat-trick for Southampton in May 2016.
    Sergio Aguero has found the back of the net in all four of his Premier League games versus Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium (four goals).
    Aguero has scored 10+ goals in all six of his Premier League seasons. No player has scored 10+ goals in every season they have played in as often as the Argentine - the next highest is Eric Cantona, who scored 10+ goals in all five of his Premier League seasons as a player.
    Liverpool are unbeaten in their nine games against sides currently in the top six of the Premier League table this season (W5 D4 L0).
    These two sides have averaged the most distance run in the Premier League this season: Liverpool (117.3km per game) and Manchester City (114.8km per game).
    Jurgen Klopp has won five times against Pep Guardiola in all competitions (including one penalty shootout victory) – this is more than any other manager has collected against the Spaniard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

They'll beat us eventually...let's just hope it's not today eh?

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/843484447907495937

onfirmed #LFC team to face @ManCity: Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Klavan, Milner, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We should sound out the Southampton klaxon and get Romeu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Top 4 is once again in our own hands after the Arsenal result last night, big game today, it either gives us daylight of it leaves us chasing and relying on other results.
    Coutinho always seems to have a big game in him against City, desperatly need him on form today, when he's on form he drags the rest of the forward line with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sky need to f*ck off with Neville commentating on Liverpool matches.

• Advertisement

Just feels like a matter of time before City score.

Just feels like a matter of time before City concede.

Positive vibes :)

Crowd got Firmino booked there.

Coulda killed Can there.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Sky need to f*ck off with Neville commentating on Liverpool matches.

Mute him and turn on Newstalk. Much better.

Firmino booked for very little. Matip booked because Aguero screamed really loud, Oliver actually went to book Klavan for that challenge and he had to tell him it was Matip. Lucky not to be losing due to that Sterling/Fernandinho chance but City lucky not to be a man or two down.

• Advertisement

Decent enough first half, picked up after a timid 15-20 minutes.

Can see one of those cheap bookings coming back to haunt us though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Need to be better second half, if city were leading at HT they would have deserved it, St£rling is bound to time one of those runs right eventually and Milner is just left exposed on the left due to Coutinho not playing.

Need to be better second half, if city were leading at HT they would have deserved it, St£rling is bound to time one of those runs right eventually and Milner is just left exposed on the left due to Coutinho not playing.

Woodburn on? It is a bit like playing with 10 players in the first half

Oliver has been very poor indeed.

We've taken the brunt of it but he also should've sent Milner off for 2 cynical tackles.

It doesn't matter whether Otamendi's trip was intentional. He illegally brought Mane down.

It shouldn't have even been a booking, unless you absolutely have to be booked for denying a goalscoring opportunity, but it should've been a penalty.

Maybe he didn't give the later City penalty for the obvious foul on Sterling to make up for it?

City are looking very strong. Maybe the best team we've played this season.
    I've been surprised how well their midfield has handled things.
    If teams leave us a bit of space we can always cause them problems, but City's ability to carve us apart has been impressive. Their pace, passing and movement is top quality.

Be interesting to see if they can maintain that level for the whole game.
    Midweek champions league games are hugely damaging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fun Bobby :)

• Advertisement

Main man.

Fernandinho getting away with murder....or at least assault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Clyne needs to be dropped

It's incredible how we can score so many goals while being so terrible at finishing.

If anyone looks tired it's us. City's exertions against Monaco haven't had an impact thus far.
    Mane has looked knackered since about minute 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Gini man of the match I thought. Very impressed with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Will take a point at the Etihad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Good result, decent performance. Both sides had great chances to win it, both could have had penos that weren't given. Fair result really.

Thought Emre was superb today tbf. Wasn't happy to see him sitting so deep on his own but he did well and he drove forward well too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

We could have won that.

We have a great run in now, and I dare say have stumbled back into a small bit of form again. If we don't do it it's our fault.

That'll do, rode our luck a bit but had the best chance to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll take that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement