Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

mightyreds wrote: »
    Yeah i think we might just get it 5/6 wins and a couple of draws maybe if we dont mess up and the others ovetake us they will have deserved it as they have some tough fixtures

There is a bit of a fear that we don't improve significantly on our 2017ppg ..... 2ppg is a fair improvement on 1.3ppg.

Hard to forget just how dogsh1t we were for much of Jan & Feb. I feared klopp's jaw was going to detach at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Augeo wrote: »
    There is a bit of a fear that we don't improve significantly on our 2017ppg ..... 2ppg is a fair improvement on 1.3ppg.

Hard to forget just how dogsh1t we were for much of Jan & Feb. I feared klopp's jaw was going to detach at times.

We need Coutinho to get some bit of form, he seemed to improve towards the end of the game

Coutinho needs the other lads to step up too.
    I wonder if klopp buys a proper striker would he chance playing firmino in milner's advanced wing back role.

Bobby is a dinger at tracking back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

sword1 wrote: »
    Spurs have 3 points, a game in hand and 9 goal difference, they have a bit of wiggle room. City are more realistic for us to pass

The gd thing is a bit of a myth. If we gain 6 pts on them there gd gets worse over 2 games and ours gets better over 2 games so there would probably only be a goal or two in it at that stage. I don't think we will catch spurs I think they are nailed on for top 4 BTW.

The gd thing is a bit of a myth. .........

Ouchies :(

We have only a GD of 6 & 3 better than Utd & Arsenal respectively, who both have two games in hand on us and are 4 & 6 pts behind us.

Interestingly enough Arsenal's 2017 ppg is the same as ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I just hope part of this warm weather camp includes hypnosis

Look_into_my_eyes.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

The gd thing is a bit of a myth. If we gain 6 pts on them there gd gets worse over 2 games and ours gets better over 2 games so there would probably only be a goal or two in it at that stage. I don't think we will catch spurs I think they are nailed on for top 4 BTW.

They lose two games by a goal and we win a game by a goal and we are level on points but 6 goals worse off. It might not be a factor if they get hammered etc but at the moment it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I just hope part of this warm weather camp includes hypnosis

Jesus, not with that image. We want the team to improve, not stay as perpetual also rans.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Matthias Ginter the next player linked in the summer transfer BINGO.

Edit..We are also supposed to have offered left back Sead Kolasinac a deal who is available on a free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

5starpool wrote: »

Press play on the video on 5stars post then scroll down here and wait

xGNCpu.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Liverpool are a ****ing great bunch of lads.

Matthias Ginter the next player linked in the summer transfer BINGO.

No he isn't Sead Kolasinac got there just ahead of him!
    German newspaper Bild reports on Tuesday that several clubs have already submitted offers to Sead Kolasinac via his agents. Kolasinac sees his Schalke contract end in the summer and as such clubs can approach him and make offers on wages and general financial package, ahead of a free transfer in the summer.

Bild report that Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are one of those clubs. Schalke have offered around €3m per year, but Bild believe Kolasinac can expect to get €6m or more turning up at a big club as a free agent.

The 23 year old has been repeatedly linked to Liverpool and would be a good addition for Klopp. Primarily a left back, Kolasinac can also play in central defence and as a left winger, providing Klopp which much need quality options in several positions.

Liverpool can now only wait to see if Kolasinac prefers their offer to others. Six clubs have come in for the player so far, and it would be no surprise to see others put their own proposals forward to the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

paulie21 wrote: »
    Off to Tenerife for warm weather training. Henderson is going with them and could be available for the derby. Sturridge didn't travel

With the results after the previous warm weather camps its the feckin Arctic for an ice bath they should be going

sword1 wrote: »
    We need Coutinho to get some bit of form.............

Just looking at the fixtures .......... Everton game at 12.30 on Saturday 1st April, Brazil playing Paraguay on the Wednesday (early AM GMT time). ...... Tuesday evening local time I think.

Coutinho and Firmino will probably be back in Liverpool late (very) Wed UK time after a 12 hour ish flight.

Basically Thurs & Fri on Merseyside ....... less than ideal prep.

One of, actually no THE boot room man has died
    Radio City News‏ @RadioCityNews 32s32 seconds ago
    Radio City News Retweeted paul moran

Some sad news this morning. Liverpool legend Ronnie Moran has passed away

f68b15d1f53082ecaa78357972e08d11.jpg

C7gq_Q2y_Xg_AA31_Vo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

One of, actually no THE boot room man has died

f68b15d1f53082ecaa78357972e08d11.jpg

C7gq_Q2y_Xg_AA31_Vo.jpg

RIP. Epitomised the old 'Liverpool way' for me. Will be sadly missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sad news about Ronnie Moran.

He was a vital component of Liverpool's dominance in the 70s and 80s under various managers.

His influence and impact should not be underestimated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

RIP.

From Mr Liverpool written by his son.

Fernando Torres asking Sammy Lee
    'Who is that old fella walking around the pitches?' explained Paul Moran. 'Sammy took him down a corridor to show him pictures and trophies. From then on, Fernando never did anything but say hello to Ronnie each morning.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

So sad to hear of Ronnie Morans passing. A true gentleman and Liverpool to the core.

Rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ah Jaysus I just logged in here and saw the news, sad day for the club! :(

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sad to hear. Some career he had. Lived and worked through some amazing times for the club, must have some really great stories.

Legend. RIP.

Club legend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What an absolute hero he was. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

One of the greatest and most selfless men we've ever had at our great club. Thanks for everything, Ronnie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

So people going on about Liverpools form against bottom team but ignoring that those games were away from home, when playing such teams at home Liverpool have found it easier

Everton - Top 10
    Bouremouth - Bottom 10
    Stoke - Top 10 A
    WBA - Top 10 A
    Palace - Bottom 10
    Watford - Bottom 10 A
    Southampton - Top 10
    West Ham - Bottom 10 A
    Middlesbrough - Bottom 10

So going by Liverpools form the games in bold are the only ones they should be worried about :)

We lost to Swansea at home just off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Terrible news with Ronnie Moran.

It will be a very emotional game come April 01st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ronnie Moran

Club: Liverpool

Other clubs: None

At the club from an 18 year old until he retired when he was 64.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

mormank wrote: »
    We lost to Swansea at home just off the top of my head.

Reverse fixtures

Everton 0 V 1 Liverpool
    Bouremouth 4 V 3 Liverpool
    Liverpool 4 V 1 Stoke
    Liverpool 2 V 1 WBA
    Palace 2 V 4 Liverpool
    Liverpool 6 V 1 Watford
    Southampton 0 V 0 Liverpool
    Liverpool 2 V 2 West Ham
    Middlesbrough 0 V 3 Liverpool

If Liverpool can repeat those score lines that is 20 points and giving them a total of 76 points

Liverpool away form V those teams in the bottom have has been bad yes they lost to Swansea at home but that was Liverpools 1st loss at home in a year

Dropped points this season

Lost away to Burnley - not good
    Drew away to Spurs - good result
    Drew home and Man Utd - ok result
    Drew away to Southampton - ok result
    Lost away to Bournemouth - not good
    Drew home to West Ham - not good
    Drew away to Sunderland - not good
    Drew away to Man Utd - good result
    Lost home to Swansea - not good
    Drew home to Chelsea - ok result
    Lost away to Hull - not good
    Lost away to Leicester - not good
    Drew away to Man city - good result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Anyone else feeling international break induced, cabin-fever-like symptoms yet? All this talk of points per game and breakdowns of the last nine games is making me twitchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

corwill wrote: »
    Anyone else feeling international break induced, cabin-fever-like symptoms yet? All this talk of points per game and breakdowns of the last nine games is making me twitchy.

Not to mention the monotony of the whole discussion, alot of counting chickens going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Ronnie Moran

Club: Liverpool

Other clubs: None

At the club from an 18 year old until he retired when he was 64.

And he played a match on his wedding day too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Post about Ronnie Moran from the captain:
    The reason being captain of Liverpool Football Club is such a huge honour is because legendary figures like Ronnie Moran held it before I did.

I wasn't lucky enough to work with Ronnie but I had the great fortune of being in his company on the occasions when he came to Melwood to walk around the training pitch and although we all regarded him as a true great, he was as humble and down to earth as anyone you could ever come across.

I know I speak for all of the current players when I say that we are all deeply saddened by Ronnie's passing and the greatest tribute we can pay to him is to give everything we've got for Liverpool Football Club just as he did each and every single day during the 49 years he spent here. YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Another tribute here from Roy Evans.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/844658710454591488

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

corwill wrote: »

Big time. I couldn't bring myself to watch the England game,I very rarely watch friendlies. Did any of our lads get injured?

Big time. I couldn't bring myself to watch the England game,I very rarely watch friendlies. Did any of our lads get injured?

Had it on while doing a bit of work and didn't notice any injuries.

From what I saw, Lallana played well and was unlucky not to have put England in front, he hit the post after a nice run from midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Had it on while doing a bit of work and didn't notice any injuries.

From what I saw, Lallana played well and was unlucky not to have put England in front, he hit the post after a nice run from midfield.

At least he hit the ball this time.

At least he hit the ball this time.

200w.gif#58

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/844852643264573441

wouldn't like to see Origi leave. Still young & has potential.

It would maker no sense on any level really. Even for him it's better to stay.

Oh yes, international break = stupid transfer news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

As you said HP, its mini silly season. I did see a headline stating he wants to emulate Lukaku - whether that means do the PL rounds on loan etc before ending back up at LFC who knows. But if he can return with goals a la Lukaku, id be delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

If we signed a top class striker I wouldnt be opposed to sending him out on loan to a premier league side. Maybe Brighton or Newcastle next season?? Nothing wrong with being with a newly promoted team working hard to stay in the league. A lot of pressure to score goals

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm not sure about Origi. I think I'd like to see him and Sturridge being replaced with a big signing that would be a starter. The money from sale and wages would be plenty for someone decent.

Origi needs to work still on alot of his game, he needs to learn how to hold the ball up better, not to run down blind alleys, to use his strenght and height better.....at this stage I'd like to see money invested in someone that can do that naturally.

I think that if Ings gets over his injury, he is a better option, a more prolific option than Origi and a way more annoying option for opposition defenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm not sure about Origi. I think I'd like to see him and Sturridge being replaced with a big signing that would be a starter. The money from sale and wages would be plenty for someone decent.

Origi needs to work still on alot of his game, he needs to learn how to hold the ball up better, not to run down blind alleys, to use his strenght and height better.....at this stage I'd like to see money invested in someone that can do that naturally.

I think that if Ings gets over his injury, he is a better option, a more prolific option than Origi and a way more annoying option for opposition defenders.

I think everyone associated with the club is willing Ings back to full fitness and to return to what he was before the injuries but it's something we cannot bank on. Two major injuries and two years out of the game - if nothing else, he will take time to return to a level of fitness and sharpness that is needed at the top level.

Secondly, Origi is nothing special at this stage of his career. He is still developing but everything from his finishing and accuracy to his hold up play and his industry are just average as far as I'm concerned. I worry seeing him as our best attacking option on the bench because, while he has scored some important goals, he has also been a passenger in plenty of games.

If he goes, he goes. I won't lose sleep over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

If Origi leaves Liverpool he'll more than likely end up emulating Benteke than Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Origi gave an interview with some Belgian newspaper where he said he was frustrated with this season. It doesn't allude to him leaving at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

brevity wrote: »
    Origi gave an interview with some Belgian newspaper where he said i he was frustrated with this season. It doesn't allude to him leaving at all...

That was a quick edit brevity but not quick enough. I now know your true identity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

MD1990 wrote:
    wouldn't like to see Origi leave. Still young & has potential.

When he is given opportunities he has to do more. I hope he sees that.
    He got a chance recently vs Burnley & City but failed to deliver much positive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement