Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Come on to be fair I wouldnt lose sleep to see anyone go in the summer as long as we bring in the players we need

Coutinho Firmino Hendo Origi Ings Sturridge Moreno Sakho Lucas Migs Klaven are all players I wouldnt bat an eyelid at being sold for a fee that reflects them (obviously I would expect a bigger fee for Coutinho than Migs).

Truth is they are all decent players (some better than others obviously) but I really dont think any of them stand out anymore and we need to sign a couple of players who do stand out.

Coutinho and Firmino and great but they dont seem to be able to pull themselves into form. They rely on others to play well for them to show up. We need players who can make others play better not the other way around.

Since Torres I have felt it tough to care if players leave. They eventually move on as do we.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

He isn't good enough to lead the line for Liverpool.

If he acan't accept being a squad player then maybe he'll have to be moved on.

Didn't exactly make me feel for him when he walking around the pitch for the last 10 against City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Our squad is tiny and losing a player like Origi would stupid he does a good job as a squad player.

The problem with our squad is players like Origi & Can is they need a couple of games in a row to get into there stride and then they are usually dropped just as they are finding their feet in the first 11 because our first team players are back to to fitness and the cycle starts again.

Getting rid of players like Origi, Can, Moreno etc is crazy when our squad is so small we should building a bigger squad before letting these players go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Getting rid of players like Origi, Can, Moreno etc is crazy when our squad is so small we should building a bigger squad before letting these players go.
    Agreed. There are a lot of players we could upgrade on, but we also need a bigger squad for europe next year. So to be upgrading and expanding would be a huge number of signings. Ideally some first teamers will be demoted to the bench after some good signings come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Moreno hasnt got a look in though. If he is not going to get a real chance, why is he there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Remember when we played Everton away in 2013. Joe Allen played a great game but missed a sitter when we were 2-1 up and the game finished 3-3. He got slated for weeks after even though he was one of our best players that day.

Reminded me of Lallana the other day.

Secondly, Origi is nothing special at this stage of his career. He is still developing but everything from his finishing and accuracy to his hold up play and his industry are just average as far as I'm concerned. I worry seeing him as our best attacking option on the bench because, while he has scored some important goals, he has also been a passenger in plenty of games.

If he goes, he goes. I won't lose sleep over it.

uh oh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Our squad is tiny and losing a player like Origi would stupid he does a good job as a squad player.

The problem with our squad is players like Origi & Can is they need a couple of games in a row to get into there stride and then they are usually dropped just as they are finding their feet in the first 11 because our first team players are back to to fitness and the cycle starts again.

That's why European football, CL or EL, is very important for us.

In the EL, we can play lesser squad players and the subs from the first 11 and they get game time and valuable experience against the weaker teams.

In the CL, we would hopefully have bought 3-4 starters for the tougher teams and the replaced players playing against the weaker teams again.

That's why European football, CL or EL, is very important for us.

In the EL, we can play lesser squad players and the subs from the first 11 and they get game time and valuable experience against the weaker teams.

In the CL, we would hopefully have bought 3-4 starters for the tougher teams and the replaced players playing against the weaker teams again.

That's it we will be in four competitions next season and we need the guts of 22-26 players and I'm not taking about kids for that taking into account we will get injuries and players dropping form.

It's a squad game now January/February showed us that.

It's a squad game now January/February the last 20 years showed us that.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Mr.H wrote: »
    If we signed a top class striker I wouldnt be opposed to sending him out on loan to a premier league side. Maybe Brighton or Newcastle next season?? Nothing wrong with being with a newly promoted team working hard to stay in the league. A lot of pressure to score goals

When is the last time we sent a striker out on loan who then came back to pool and forged a successful career up front for us? I honestly can't remember. :o

Everton are moving into a new £300m stadium on the Mersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great for them they can be irrelevent beside the river

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

They still have to get planning permission, they were denied it before trying to build a new stadium up in Kirkby. Difference now is they actually have a bit of money to spend. Just another stadium to beat them in. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »
    They still have to get planning permission, they were denied it before trying to build a new stadium up in Kirkby. Difference now is they actually have a bit of money to spend. Just another stadium to beat them in. :D

All those years of having the grounds staff pick up the coins their fans threw when we scored against them has finally paid off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They'll have fifty four thousand and seventy.....one seats!

Or more likely 45k I'd say. Sure they'd only fill it for their derby defeat anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

mormank wrote: »
    When is the last time we sent a striker out on loan who then came back to pool and forged a successful career up front for us? I honestly can't remember. :o

When was the last time we sent a player on loan and came back and forged a successful career playing anywhere for us?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

NukaCola wrote: »
    When was the last time we sent a player on loan and came back and forged a successful career playing anywhere for us?

It took Chelsea 2347239847 times with Moses :P

I joke, I joke!

I think the answer is to look at who gets loaned and who doesn't. Sterling went straight into the first team, Ibe and Ojo went on loan. Loan players are the ones less likely to have a career at their parent club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Maybe Sakho will Buck the trend. :pac:

• Advertisement

BVB have put a minimum price of €65m/£56m on Aubameyang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

New LFCtv series, Premier League Heroes. First one, Gerrard.

https://vid.me/wrW9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Worth it.

So now Bayern know how many players they'll need to shift off the books - cheeky bid for Douglas Costa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So now Bayern know how many players they'll need to shift off the books - cheeky bid for Douglas Costa?

Mane, Firmino, Coutinho and Costa. That would be frightening when they click.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Actually not that much when looking at transfer fees these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    All those years of having the grounds staff pick up the coins their fans threw when we scored against them has finally paid off.

Bramley Moore Dock, right on the water. Global warming will f**k them as badly as Uncle Bill K has been.

More coal on the fire there, love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

corwill wrote: »
    Bramley Moore Dock, right on the water. Global warming will f**k them as badly as Uncle Bill K has been.

Had been feeling guilty about buying my first diesel car before Christmas. Not any more.

In fact, I could do with a second one.

mosstin wrote: »
    Had been feeling guilty about buying my first diesel car before Christmas. Not any more.

You probably should service it sometime around 2031 or so, but only if it really needs one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Not the drought they wanted to end, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Salted toffees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

LFC TV is free to air for the next fortnight. Channel 429 on Sky and 544 on Virgin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

You probably should service it sometime around 2031 or so, but only if it really needs one.
    Not the drought they wanted to end, is it?
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Salted toffees?

LywN3.gif

monkey9 wrote: »
    LFC TV is free to air for the next fortnight. Channel 429 on Sky and 544 on Virgin.

It's free to view - which is not the same thing! (Freesat viewer here :mad:)

Bad news ahead of the derby game - Klopp and Wiji nominated for PL manager and player of the month (clearly March was a bad month for football :D).

Did anyone watch the Brazil game?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Didn't see the Brazil game, but heard that Bobby F and Philly C had great games.

Look at that footwork.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldExpress/status/845173888241709056?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.empireofthekop.com%2F2017%2F03%2F24%2Fvideo-coutinhos-dribble-for-brazil-v-uruguay-goes-viral%2F

Origi with a nice little dig ;)
    "If I play so little it's also because I'm at a big club where it's more difficult to get into the starting lineup than it is at Everton,"

"That takes nothing away from Romelu's qualities and what he has done."

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Didn't see the Brazil game, but heard that Bobby F and Philly C had great games.
    Fun Bobbys part in the buildup to the second goal...

https://streamable.com/gf2br

Coutinhos video from the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Maybe this trip to Brazil might help Coutinho get his form back for the run in just a pity the derby game is on so early on Saturday

Maybe this trip to Brazil might help Coutinho get his form back for the run in just a pity the derby game is on so early on Saturday

I think that he was rushed back to quickly after his last injury and there is too much pressure on him.

• Advertisement

Nice to see Firmino's tribute to Lallana's miss! :p

When Paulinho scores a hat-trick you know Brazil are channelling a thick seam of happy luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

well...yeah exactly!

TAA put Spain to the sword this afternoon - a 3-0 win away in the Euro qualifiers and him scoring twice, one from the spot.

He has scored 6 goals for the U19s - three of them peno's but hey they all count and any full back who scores goals is a good 'un.

TAA was supposed to have had a stormer of a game midweek as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Fun Bobbys part in the buildup to the second goal...

https://streamable.com/gf2br

Coutinhos video from the game...

Great bit of reading in the subtitles of that clip.

Some of the wording was very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ya it's a ball-ache alright. Brazil KO at 01:45 on Wednesday, but at least it is in Sao Paulo so relatively easy to get back to Liverpool.

The game ends at 3:45am GMT, then off to the airport, then fly back, if they are blessed they will get a good sleep on the flight then arrive back. Is it a private plane back I wonder?

If so they could be back in Liverpool Thursday afternoon. edit :WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. Jesus my head was wrecked trying to figure out my mistake there.

If not they could be waiting around until around 11:59pm Wednesday to fly back, then 12 hours to get to London. Then probably arrive back in Liverpool well into Thursday edit: lunchtime.

Would be in bits on Saturday morning I'd say unfrt no matter what happens.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

tinpib wrote: »
    Ya it's a ball-ache alright. Brazil KO at 01:45 on Wednesday, but at least it is in Sao Paulo so relatively easy to get back to Liverpool.

The game ends at 3:45am GMT, then off to the airport, then fly back, if they are blessed they will get a good sleep on the flight then arrive back. Is it a private plane back I wonder?

If so they could be back in Liverpool Thursday afternoon.

If not they could be waiting around until around 11:59pm Wednesday to fly back, then 12 hours to get to London. Then probably arrive back in Liverpool well into Thursday afternoon, early evening.

Would be in bits on Saturday morning I'd say unfrt no matter what happens.

Judging by before, if there are no injuries to Mane or Lallana, Coutinho might start on the bench, Firmino in the XI. Coutinho likely to get more minutes in the Brazil game too I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

TAA put Spain to the sword this afternoon - a 3-0 win away in the Euro qualifiers and him scoring twice, one from the spot.

He has scored 6 goals for the U19s - three of them peno's but hey they all count and any full back who scores goals is a good 'un.

Does he actually play FB for them? Thought he's actually a midfielder.

Knex. wrote: »
    Does he actually play FB for them? Thought he's actually a midfielder.

Did'nt see it but he was right back last game, he has played overwhelmingly at RB at all ages, I guess as he has so much pace he can get away with it. I fully expect him to become a winger at some point but stay Clyne's understudy for a few seasons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Coleman gone off with a suspected broken leg, very nasty challenge.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement