Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

noodler wrote: »
    What was the final score?
    4-3 to the 'Pool:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Holland are losing and Wijnaldum was taken off at half time not sure if that was tactical or an injury.

Tactical by the looks of it - Blind made a double change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So you don't want him to defend or attack.

o............k.

Yes, just be a name on the team sheet like Pirlo was for years before he quit.
    Conserve energy and bring quality with passing and knowledge. I know in today's modern game and especially in the Premiership that is impossible, but is possible elsewhere. Would liked him to have been at Liverpool for last nearly two years and not in States.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I see we're now being linked with James Rodriguez.

It's like the papers have a competition during the internationals over who can make up the sillier story.

Derby day can't come soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Yes, just be a name on the team sheet like Pirlo was for years before he quit.

Seriously? Put down the crazy cake...you're full.

I have a feeling my leg is being pulled here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pirlo was more then a name on a team sheet he was still a top quality midfielder in his last year with juve and did a lot more then pass the ball. He was one of the most intelligent midfielders ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Has Steve Finnan not been located yet?:D

How did kvarme get called up to a LFC "Legends" side?

Also Diao?

Did either of them ever do anything positive in a Liverpool shirt?

The only thing I can think of.. Is that they got sold/given away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Charlie19 wrote: »

Also Diao?

Happy mothers day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Charlie19 wrote: »

Also Diao?

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/steve-finnan-found---liverpool-9305365.amp

Owns a construction company in London and never wanted to be involved in football post retirement, loved him good ol reliable full back was Steve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

James rodrigues yes please

• Advertisement

Chelsea teenage striker Solanke (Vitesse) is also being linked a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love that the club loves a good number 10 but fcuk off with buying them we need a straight up striker not another number 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

I love that the club loves a good number 10 but fcuk off with buying them we need a straight up striker not another number 10.

Unless Coutinho is off

Barcelona has started Operation Coutinho, Liverpool have started Operation Monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Unless Coutinho is off

My thoughts exactly.

If we do get champions league football i hope the club brings in champions league quality players as we know well what happened last time we qualified

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ricero wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.

If we do get champions league football i hope the club brings in champions league quality players as we know well what happened last time we qualified

I suppose that was as much to do with no Suarez or fit Sturridge.

Theres alot of media speculation about it but I can't see six new players coming in. It'll be interesting to see how we operate with the extra cash/status.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Pirlo was more then a name on a team sheet he was still a top quality midfielder in his last year with juve and did a lot more then pass the ball. He was one of the most intelligent midfielders ever.

That was point I wanted to make. He was not the defensive kingpin like Gerrard was expected to be under Rodgers. Pirlo was simply first name on team sheet, the person who made things happen. Pirlo did not bomb forward beyond attackers or bomb back to save the day.

Klopp would never have a role for a Pirlo regista type so it's all rather academic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Klopp would never have a role for a Pirlo regista type so it's all rather academic.

That's been essentially Henderson's role when playing 'lesser' teams, so I'd disagree.

• Advertisement

ok.

And also Sahin played that role for Klopp with Dortmund, I'm pretty sure.

Not that I mean Gerrard would play that role for us. Toby was on about Gerrard operating that type of role elsewhere in Europe (which I'm not to sure about either as his legs seemed shot), but I still wouldn't rule out that type of player for us. I think we need an intelligent passer who can quickly transition the play in the manner Alonso used to do for us.

Especially now without having the benefit of Sakho's passing from the back too.

He did play deepest that's true but that Dortmund was so dynamic the idea that Klopp played a trad regista is not correct for me. I'd liken Sahin then to Coutinho when he was on the flank of the diamond in 2013/14 rather than an actual sitting playmaker

Still it's all opinions and interpretations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Knex. wrote: »
    And also Sahin played that role for Klopp with Dortmund, I'm pretty sure.

Not that I mean Gerrard would play that role for us. Toby was on about Gerrard operating that type of role elsewhere in Europe (which I'm not to sure about either as his legs seemed shot), but I still wouldn't rule out that type of player for us. I think we need an intelligent passer who can quickly transition the play in the manner Alonso used to do for us.

Especially now without having the benefit of Sakho's passing from the back too.

Roque Mesa from Las Palmas fits your description well. We've also been linked with him fairly recently, he's having a great season. He's a workhorse, a bit like Kante but with more emphasis on passing than defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'd take £4£/£50 million plus Rakatic for Coutinho all day long.

We hear this every year, but Lucas has apparently agreed to leave Liverpool in the summer.

2.2m to Galatasaray.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/lucas-leiva-agrees-2-2-million-summer-move-galatasaray/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

mormank wrote: »
    When is the last time we sent a striker out on loan who then came back to pool and forged a successful career up front for us? I honestly can't remember. :o
    Ian Rush did pretty well after his loan spell at Juventus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Damien360

Talisman wrote: »
    Ian Rush did pretty well after his loan spell at Juventus.

That's not how I remember it. Was it a loan ? I wanted Rush back after his big £3M move but I was really sorry to see Aldo go when Rush came back. Rush wasn't near as prolific in front of goal when he came back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Damien360 wrote: »
    That's not how I remember it. Was it a loan ? I wanted Rush back after his big £3M move but I was really sorry to see Aldo go when Rush came back. Rush wasn't near as prolific in front of goal when he came back.
    I was only messing... He was a Juventus player for two seasons, one of which he spent on loan at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

We hear this every year, but Lucas has apparently agreed to leave Liverpool in the summer.

2.2m to Galatasaray.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/lucas-leiva-agrees-2-2-million-summer-move-galatasaray/

Why Turkey? Surely there is somewhere better for him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

2.2m to Galatasaray.

You'd have to cry bullsh1t really. Why would he go to Turkey? Especially in the current climate. Id say if he goes anywhere, it is Italy or back home to Gremio.

Unreal how the same story is regurgitated every few months. Lazy journalism.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

2.2m to Galatasaray.

Told ye that months ago ;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Talisman wrote: »
    He was a Juventus player for two seasons, one of which he spent on loan at Liverpool.
    That's because Italy was like a foreign country to him the first year ðŸ˜

Lucas is leaving in summer, he's just not saying which summer.

Funny how a young player like Lucas can leave for small money, he's a 20 million pound midfielder. He could stay in league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Funny how a young player like Lucas can leave for small money, he's a 20 million pound midfielder. He could stay in league.

Ah now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ha, maybe 7 or 8 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

2.2m to Galatasaray.

That's a weirdly written article. It's like they're hedging their bets between him being out of contract this year, or next year. And being cagey on whether he's agreed a 2.2 million deal with Galatasaray - as in he'll earn that much, or the club will receive that much for him. It seems to write it both ways, without committing to either.

So i'd say the whole article is balls. But I do think he'll be off this summer, and I wouldn't be surprised if Gala have made an offer, just doubt it's as done a deal as this thing suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I was under the impression Lucas is out of contact in the summer so if there's no fee payable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I'd say Lucas is waiting round for Rafa to come calling. Would be a great fit at Newcastle if/when they come back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

SM01 wrote: »
    I was under the impression Lucas is out of contact in the summer so if there's no fee payable.

The article goes into that a bit, saying they reckon he might actually have another year, despite what's been reported - but they're far from definite on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Sweet Jesus,Anthony Taylor is reffing the derby. He's hopeless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sweet Jesus,Anthony Taylor is reffing the derby. He's hopeless.

The man is card happy

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Firmino set to miss Brazil's game with a throat inflammation apparently. Hopefully be ok for the weekend, good that he won't play tomorrow night anyhow. I wonder can they fly him home early or will they wait for the shared charter anyhow?

Sweet Jesus Anthony Taylor is reffing the derby. He's hopeless.

Yep , hopeless, and fact he changed his name legally to
    Sweet Jesus Anthony Taylor reeks of arrogance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone watch the England under 21 game?

How did Gomez get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

5starpool wrote: »
    Firmino set to miss Brazil's game with a throat inflammation apparently. Hopefully be ok for the weekend, good that he won't play tomorrow night anyhow. I wonder can they fly him home early or will they wait for the shared charter anyhow?

I wish they were playing tomorrow night. Brazil don't play till wednesday night. :(

Tite has confirmed Firmino will start for Brazil

Anyone watch the England under 21 game?

How did Gomez get on?

Played rb they were pretty much untested defensively tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mane got a goal & less minutes than anticipated tonight when Senegal's game was abandoned vs Ivory Coast with a rough looking fan invasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

mormank wrote: »
    I wish they were playing tomorrow night. Brazil don't play till wednesday night. :(

Kick off is 01:45 GMT on Wednesday in Sao Paulo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement