Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

5starpool wrote: »
    Firmino set to miss Brazil's game with a throat inflammation apparently. Hopefully be ok for the weekend, good that he won't play tomorrow night anyhow. I wonder can they fly him home early or will they wait for the shared charter anyhow?

Jet's been hired, expected to train late on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

tinpib wrote: »
    Kick off is 01:45 GMT on Wednesday in Sao Paulo.

Ah, so they do, I misread the fixtures thank god!
    I was wondering why they played a full day after the rest of the countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Some rumours Lallana is out for 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

MD1990 wrote: »
    Some rumours Lallana is out for 4 weeks.

Christ, breaks of any sort haven't been good to us. Injuries being picked up on international breaks and even when we aren't playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Woodgate gone to Boro as a first team coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Eh... ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Did not really pick out any defenders that are worth scouting by Liverpool

tinpib wrote: »
    Kick off is 01:45 GMT on Wednesday in Sao Paulo.

01:45 IST :cool::P:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Eh... ok.

he was our Iberian scout apparently..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lallana out for a month. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lallana out for a month. :(

Big loss. Time for coutinho to come back into form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

God damn. We just have no luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lallana out is a big loss although it is the one position we have plenty of cover for.

I've just gone and Jinxed Firmino, Mane, Coutinho, Wijnaldum & Origi now haven't I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Vicxas wrote: »
    God damn. We just have no luck

No. Just a weak squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lallana out is a big loss although it is the one position we have plenty of cover for.

I dunno, that midfield 3 looks far poorer without him. The only one who can really come in and do a similar job is Coutinho, if he can up his game from recent weeks.

Can, Wijnaldum and Coutinho is about our only choice for midfield now, with pretty much zero depth beyond them. This would be a really great time for Ejaria and (a finally fit) Grujic to step up as options.

With Coutinho pushed back, up front we pretty much have no options beyond Firmino, Origi, and Mane, so everyone better stay fit and healthy or we'll be resorting to teenagers starting.

Is Henderson not coming back after the Everton game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Every international break without fail we seem to lose someone to injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lallana will be a loss, but we let ourselves open to this kind of thing when we went into this campaign with a lack of depth and decided to not strengthen in Jan.

If the same things happen next season, like being unable to drop out of form players and resting tired players due to insufficient cover I'll be a whole lot less sympathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If Henderson is fit . I'd be happy with Henderson or can in the llalana role in our away games. A midfield three of can wij and hendo. We need more physical players in our remaining away games. Our best front four are great at home but klopp needed to change something for away games as we are getting bullied in a lot of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Every international break without fail we seem to lose someone to injury.

Pretty much, England managers enjoy breaking Liverpool players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

How many of our players went away on international duty? One coming back injuries shouldn't be a big deal.
    The fact that it is, is worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

One? Coutinho and Firmino haven't played yet.

Mignolet getting roasted by the footballing world on twitter for a howler, not seen it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This? Not great, obviously, but if it had gone straight through his legs without the touch, people probably wouldn't even say anything. Its the defender who kicks it as well, which makes it more awkward for him.

https://streamable.com/0l648

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Knex. wrote: »
    This? Not great, obviously, but if it had gone straight through his legs without the touch, people probably wouldn't even say anything. Its the defender who kicks it as well, which makes it more awkward for him.

https://streamable.com/0l648

Agreed. This doesn't even come close to a howler when describing Mignolet imo. That's more par for the course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is any channel here showing the south american qualifiers wouldn't mind checking out the Brazil game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No harm mig with a howler he was due one. Better off getting it out of the way while he wasn't playing for Liverpool.

No harm mig with a howler he was due one. Better off getting it out of the way while he wasn't playing for Liverpool.

Haha, yeah. To be fair to him he has been in good form recently and that tense atmosphere around the keeper taking a touch has been dying down, thank god.

Poor keeping in this instance, obviously. Sh1t defending too though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Anything to be said for starting TAA on the wing for the derby? He's clearly been showing talent lately and with Lallana being out I'd actually like to see Coutinho drop back into midfield, he's been having a rough time on the wing lately. Putting TAA on the right with Mane moving to the left wing might not be a bad idea, especially considering Mane would be up against a makeshift right-back in the absence of Coleman.

• Advertisement

Is any channel here showing the south american qualifiers wouldn't mind checking out the Brazil game tonight.

Some saying Bet365 have them

There will be plenty of str**ms for the Brasil game.

Funes Mori off for Argies, looks out of the derby to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

daithijjj wrote: »
    There will be plenty of str**ms for the Brasil game.

Funes Mori off for Argies, looks out of the derby to me.

Hopefully so, could do without him trying to murder our players again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I've just gone and Jinxed Firmino, Mane, Coutinho, Wijnaldum & Origi now haven't I.

Firmino & coutinho are in the starting 11 along with lallana, they can play in the position he occupied but they aren't really cover.

Mane I doubt will drop out if the front 3 while lallana is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

This is the summer Klopp and FSG have decided to try to compete with the elite again. #lfc (Paul Joyce)

Burnley’s Michael Keane does not appear to be among Klopp’s first choices, but he may still come into focus. #lfc (Paul Joyce)

There is little doubt Liverpool would pay £50m for Van Dijk but Chelsea boast a long-standing interest as do Manchester City. (Paul Joyce)

FSG will give Klopp the largest transfer kitty in the club’s history this summer. #lfc (Paul Joyce)

There's no definitive figure but it is set to be a vast amount, the penny has dropped that proven players need to be recruited. (Paul Joyce)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Limping out for the second half holding an injury.

Nice !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

This is the summer Klopp and FSG have decided to try to compete with the elite again. #lfc (Paul Joyce)

Burnley’s Michael Keane does not appear to be among Klopp’s first choices, but he may still come into focus. #lfc (Paul Joyce)

There is little doubt Liverpool would pay £50m for Van Dijk but Chelsea boast a long-standing interest as do Manchester City. (Paul Joyce)

FSG will give Klopp the largest transfer kitty in the club’s history this summer. #lfc (Paul Joyce)

There's no definitive figure but it is set to be a vast amount, the penny has dropped that proven players need to be recruited. (Paul Joyce)

Well Paul Joyce is usually reliable but I'll believe it when I see it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well Paul Joyce is usually reliable but I'll believe it when I see it.

We'll monitor the hell out of expensive targets and then sign 2 lads from Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

5starpool wrote: »
    We'll monitor the hell out of expensive targets and then sign 2 lads from Southampton.

It's easy to be cynical but I firmly believe that this summer will be different. We'll go past the monitoring stage, move to the advanced talks stage, the fee agreed stage then gnash our teeth as Spurs sign our target for half the fee we agreed stage until we finally unveil our last minute deadline signing just to appease the fans - the much vaunted, Will Hughes. For whom we'll overpay.

Yes, you certainly heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

£50m for Van Dijk ffs! Money doesn't get you much these days. I dread what other players are going to cost this summer. Paul Pogbas record is bound to be smashed easily if prices are going this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Coutinho on the mark again for Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This record transfer kitty mentioned by Joyce just means the club will spend the whole fee we get for Coutinho.

Heard it all before about fsg with a record transfer budget. Absolute bull**** this will be as usual. Only way we will see top dollar being spent is if fsg sell up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall

Do it in the derby phil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A record transfer budget for FSG would not be hard to achieve considering they have made net profits over most windows.

murpho999 wrote: »
    A record transfer budget for FSG would not be hard to achieve considering they have made net profits over most windows.

If we want to sign top players we have to offer top wages. All well and good being after the "elite players" as paul joyce reported but we are signing no elite players unless we offer elite wages. Joyce was also saying that aubemayang and keita are targets. No chance unless we double their wages.

Have no faith in fsg when it comes to the transfer market and why should we after the past 7 years with them in charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Can steps up to show Mane how it's done

Shame he's never come close to this in an actual game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

It's also pretty impractical for FSG to look at this window as anything other than a major spend given the inflation in the market in the last few seasons.

Even if we were to sell someone like Coutinho, we still need to buy 5-6 players throughout the squad which, in the current market, could cost anywhere in the region of €100m-€120m for pretty standard players.

This reminds me a bit of the 'leaks' you see from Arsenal every summer - season ticket renewal time? It's going to be a record summer! *renews ticket* About those signings...

I'd like to believe it - and it may well happen - but on the basis of inflation and how short we are in numbers, it's not necessarily something to lose my sh!t over. At least not until I see who we are going to be targeting.

If we are to cope with European football next season, we need at least 1 fullback, 1 centre back, 1 centre mid, 1 attacker/winger and 1 striker, and that's just in terms of numbers - let alone wanting to improve the quality in the squad!!

x43r0 wrote: »
    Can steps up to show Mane how it's done

Shame he's never come close to this in an actual game

He scored a screamer the other week.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement