Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I've only now remembered we're playing tonight, just checked the score there and now i wish i had'nt remembered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ah lads, I wouldn't be blaming Mignolet for tonight.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mosstin wrote: »
    Does anyone know why exactly Mignolet watches that fly past him into the net? That was far from a world class strike.
    https://twitter.com/LFCGif/status/836315275448438784

Lots of players between him and the ball when it was hit difficult to get any real view of it, although I did expect him to at least make a token dive towards it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

daithijjj wrote: »
    On the evidence presented, yes.

Well some people couldn't see a priest sitting on a mound of sugar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

As soon as he was sacked...

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

I just can't watch them anymore. Turned it off after the second goal. They're not even trying. Lucas vs Vardy is a complete mismatch. Countinho's touch is so poor. Were they all on the piss in Spain? Very disappointing and this malaise that's effecting the team over the last couple of months shows no sign of dissipating, especially against so-called, lesser teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Grayditch wrote: »
    As soon as he was sacked...

They did something similar to City remember.

As it turns out a high line with an appalling defence is really bad against teams with lots of pace who play counter-attack football.

It probably would've happened either way and they'll go back to losing every week after our shower of chumps leave town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Liverpool are still THE team to play if in danger of relegation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Completely out fought and out thought. Old problems with Lucas and Mignolet is old news, but going forward we've been terrible, slow, ponderous, being bullied throughout and pulling out of tackles. Vardy set the tone in the first minute and nobody has reacted to it.

Cowardly performance in every way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ah lads, I wouldn't be blaming Mignolet for tonight.

Nowhere has anyone blamed Mignolet for tonight. Nowhere. Look at the gif I posted. Does the ball deviate from its original path? What does he actually do to make a save? Awful footwork and then, bizarrely, no actual effort to prevent it going in.
    We've been a mess from back to front but I think it's more than fair to point out another reason why we're as bad as we are since January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Chelsea had a poor few weeks at the start of the season, Conte changed things around and they're flying. Liverpool have been utter shíte for the majority of the past 10 weeks and Klopp has changed nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Not enough good players...

It's ok, we'll at least draw with Arsenal, and then give Burnley some rare away points with a 0-1 defeat at home to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Kop Flop Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The difference in the actual effort is the most disturbing thing.

Look at Vardy busting a gut.

Milner got the ball once or twice out wide left looking to put a cross in... Not a ****ing soul in the box. He just kicked the ball of a Leicester player on one occasion - no options.

Coutinho has got the ball a few times, never considered passing to another player. Seeing his name in lights, losing the ball.

Can - shocking. Clyne - shocking.

Very, very average. Maybe below average.

I think i've been kidding myself about this team and what it can do. The wool is being pulled from my eyes. So very dissapointing. Gutted.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    It's ok, we'll at least draw with Arsenal, and then give Burnley some rare away points with a 0-1 defeat at home to them.

Aye, kinda hard not to be cynical about it at this stage. That's probably not far off the truth though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Well some people couldn't see a priest sitting on a mound of sugar.

Fair enough, lets use a player complimenting another as a sign of his ability.

Joe Cole is in fact as good as Messi.

I'll say it again, Milner really doesn't do very much at left back, he's fine, but he's never particularly dangerous. We need to take risks.

Gbear wrote: »
    As it turns out a high line with an appalling defence is really bad against teams with lots of pace who play counter-attack football.

Haha. Oh god, it shouldnt be funny. So true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Think I'll have an early night.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The difference in the actual effort is the most disturbing thing.

Look at Vardy busting a gut.

Milner got the ball once or twice out wide left looking to put a cross in... Not a ****ing soul in the box. He just kicked the ball of a Leicester player on one occasion - no options.

Coutinho has got the ball a few times, never considered passing to another player. Seeing his name in lights, losing the ball.

Can - shocking. Clyne - shocking.

Very, very average. Maybe below average.

I think i've been kidding myself about this team and what it can do. The wool is being pulled from my eyes. So very dissapointing. Gutted.

The fraudulent cunt. Didn't look remotely like scoring or indeed hitting the target until the manager he didn't fancy anymore was removed.

I can't wait for the apologetic tweets/instagrams and then how thins are better with a new focus and drive to put things right before the weekend.

It's all too familiar. Repeating patterns all over the place.

We were allegedly such a smooth attacking outfit, goals spread aroiund the entire team, really slick stuff. No need for a plan B when you score so much........... no need to improve the defence.

It seems Mane was key to everything, we were possibly more reliant on Mane this season than we were on Suarez !!!

mosstin wrote: »
    The fraudulent cunt. Didn't look remotely like scoring or indeed hitting the target until the manager he didn't fancy anymore was removed.

Those who watch Leicester regularly say he is one of the players who continuosly worked.

It's not the point though - Liverpool players are so half arsed. Disinterested.

The sad thing is that the time we showed a modicum of competency we strolled through their defence like it wasn't there.

This is not a good Leicester performance. Our players can't control a ball, they're booting it up the pitch at random, we're making suicidal passes through the middle of the park.

Their effort plays a part in that but most of our errors on the ball have been completely or mostly unforced.

Lallana has been the only one who hasn't looked like an imposter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Title is now Chelsea's to lose.

ush wrote: »

Huh?

You're about 8 games late there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Kop Flop Klopp

Brilliant. 3 words and they all rhyme. And one of them is Klopp and he like manages Liverpool. You should be writing songs for Katie Perry.

Now toddle off to bed before your mom knows you're still awake and it a school night and all.

What has tonight got to do with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Next goal wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

I'd play the youngsters for the next five or six games and see where they are at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

:D:D:D

careca wrote: »
    I'd play the youngsters for the next five or six games and see where they are at.

While you're putting people to bed, have a lie down yourself ;)

It really bothers me how little faith Klopp has in them. Gomez should easily be in this team ahead of Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

A shot at least.

It really bothers me how little faith Klopp has in them. Gomez should easily be in this team ahead of Lucas.

And Woodburn, despite being a spud, has shown he is capable of brilliance. Maybe he should sub on for Coutinho sometimes.

Sterling was a weak little bollocks but he showed something when he got a chance.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Those who watch Leicester regularly say he is one of the players who continuosly worked.

It's not the point though - Liverpool players are so half arsed. Disinterested.

https://twitter.com/DanKennett/status/836312515478958080

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Liverpool getting a lot if space down the right

35 minutes left now, no difference in performance yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

klopps trip abroad is working wonders again same as last time,we a are a ****ing joke now at this stage,utd winning a cup yesterday and will now soon be ahead in the league,klopp hasnt done a thing to sort out our defence in 15 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Europa league here we come. Imagine how bad we'll be when we have to play Thursday night fixtures!

They are all playing in slow motion. Predictable passes being shut down. Playing with fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Need to get something here if we're gonna catch Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Jesus lads, why is Lucas Leiva still at the club, never mind being a starting centre half. Great servant, but not a centre back whatsoever. Crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Brilliant. 3 words and they all rhyme. And one of them is Klopp and he like manages Liverpool. You should be writing songs for Katie Perry.

Now toddle off to bed before your mom knows you're still awake and it a school night and all.

Has the meltdown begun in earnest already?

There's time to come back in this game and you're still in a good position in the league, no need to throw the tiles out of the pram just yet.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Whenever we put a cross in watch what Leicester do, they clear the ball OUT TO THE WINGS. It's not a difficult concept, if you're putting the ball into an area where you're not sure whether or not your team will get the ball, then put it in a position that is not advantageous to attackers. Both goals have come from Liverpool players putting the ball into central areas instead of out wide and losing possession, giving Leicester good chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lallana's f*cking poison recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

The lads are playing like they went on a bender in Marbella, not a training camp! :mad:

11/8 for Top4 now, Utd 5/6 & Arsenal 1/1 :o
    Spurs & City 3/10 & 1/5 resp.

nullzero wrote: »
    Has the meltdown begun in earnest already?

There's time to come back in this game and you're still in a good position in the league, no need to throw the tiles out of the pram just yet.

No, i'm in full meltdown here. Meltdown Monday.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement