Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Jayop wrote: »
    That's absolute rubbish to be fair. I was 100% replying to and having a chat about Liverpool's transfers this summer and the comment that you'd have to spend 40m+ to get a decent player. Bailly and Mkhi were examples I was giving of players you don't need to spend big on to get decent quality. I honestly didn't expect to get into a conversation from there about them at all.

Not sure which Liverpool players I could have mentioned that you signed recently for that type of figure because I wouldn't be as familiar with how much you spend on players. I have no idea for example of how much Coutinhio cost, but if it was less than 40m then that would be a good example too.

If I wanted to talk about United players of course I'd do it in the United thread because it was the place to do it. However, using examples from other teams is worthwhile as a comparison when it comes to transfers. Look at the post by MrH. He mentioned, Torres, RvN, Aguero and Costa. So the same proportion of Liverpool players as me, 1/4. Why did he do that? Because they were good examples of the point he was making.

True to be fair, you weren't talking about utd the way it has been implied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Roll on Saturday!!

I'm dreading it. Early games are more often than not a complete disaster for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'm dreading it. Early games are more often than not a complete disaster for us.

Thats the spirit :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Strange to see Coutinho coming down the right side of pitch and then cutting in to score with his left, WHO KNEW !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Are the boys from Brazil back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Are the boys from Brazil back?

Should have landed by now, supposed to be at training tomorrow

NukaCola wrote: »
    Thats the spirit :pac:

Sorry. Having a crap week and fully expect it to continue into the weekend :(

Strange to see Coutinho coming down the right side of pitch and then cutting in to score with his left, WHO KNEW !

It was a beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Mr.H wrote: »
    Pogba is 24. He doesnt need to reach Suarez level. He just needs to be a solid team player and if he becomes that he will give ye up to 8 years of service. Thats all he needs to be. He doesnt need to be Balon Dor to be a great signing.

Rooney signed for ye for 30 million when average fees where a third of that. He isnt the greatest striker in the world but he gave ye over a decade of great service and was a main player for ye. Thats all you can ask of a player.

Its great to get a star like Aguero, Hazard, Suarez or Ronaldo but not every signing needs to be a marquee player

The only way Pogba stays at Utd for 8 years is if he does NOT fulfill his potential. If he becomes the best midfielder in the world or anything like that he'll be off to greener(as in how money be green,yo) pastures.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm not sure why some people get overly defensive when opposition fans come in here without being cocky or aggressive. I've had it towards me a few time in the utd thread as well (and seen it to others) and it just makes me post there less. It irritates me as much as when people do go in to wind up or gloat as it really shuts down discussion and derails it, as well as fostering bad relations.

The same reason why I would get overly aggressive if a deer entered my garden, sure 1 or 2 of them might be "fine" but most of them just eat everything and **** everywhere! And even the 1 or 2 who don't are thinking about it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm not sure why some people get overly defensive when opposition fans come in here without being cocky or aggressive. I've had it towards me a few time in the utd thread as well (and seen it to others) and it just makes me post there less. It irritates me as much as when people do go in to wind up or gloat as it really shuts down discussion and derails it, as well as fostering bad relations.

That stuff does my head in to be fair. Jayop just seemed to be having a well argued discussion about Liverpool.

This isn't a thread for Liverpool fans, it's a thread to discuss Liverpool.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mormank wrote: »
    The only way Pogba stays at Utd for 8 years is if he does NOT fulfill his potential. If he becomes the best midfielder in the world or anything like that he'll be off to greener(as in how money be green,yo) pastures.

In purely monetary terms there aren't a lot of options for more money for him. If he becomes Balon D'Or level (and at least in the next couple of years it will be more open than the last decade) then the only way utd let him go to Madrid or Barca is if he goes into the last year of contract and won't sign again or else goes on strike, and even then that would be a terrible career move all round. He either stays at Utd for at least 6-7 years more or else is moved on as a relative failure to Inter or somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Regarding the match I don't expect a lot. And I might be going soft, but I think I'd actually just be happy if we were to go out there and absolutely annihilate them, double figure job.

In purely monetary terms there aren't a lot of options for more money for him. If he becomes Balon D'Or level (and at least in the next couple of years it will be more open than the last decade) then the only way utd let him go to Madrid or Barca is if he goes into the last year of contract and won't sign again or else goes on strike, and even then that would be a terrible career move all round. He either stays at Utd for at least 6-7 years more or else is moved on as a relative failure to Inter or somewhere.

This is Paul Pogba we are talking about. You think he gives a toss what Utd let him do? If he wants a move to Real or Barca he will get it. You are probably right about the money side of it. But in terms of becoming a brand, which Pogba dearly dearly wants there is no better place to be than Real. Plus if Utd don't start winning things, not just compete, he will start aching for a move too imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No Henderson in Tuesdays training photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

He's been watching too much Bayern

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

That's absolute rubbish to be fair. I was 100% replying to and having a chat about Liverpool's transfers this summer and the comment that you'd have to spend 40m+ to get a decent player. Bailly and Mkhi were examples I was giving of players you don't need to spend big on to get decent quality. I honestly didn't expect to get into a conversation from there about them at all.

Not sure which Liverpool players I could have mentioned that you signed recently for that type of figure because I wouldn't be as familiar with how much you spend on players. I have no idea for example of how much Coutinhio cost, but if it was less than 40m then that would be a good example too.

If I wanted to talk about United players of course I'd do it in the United thread because it was the place to do it. However, using examples from other teams is worthwhile as a comparison when it comes to transfers. Look at the post by MrH. He mentioned, Torres, RvN, Aguero and Costa. So the same proportion of Liverpool players as me, 1/4. Why did he do that? Because they were good examples of the point he was making.

He cost £8.5m, not bad eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Roll on Saturday!!

Yeah I can't wait.
    My 1st derby game to boot :)

YNWA :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

If Henderson is also out of action on Saturday, who starts in the middle? We're right back to the bare bones already after two bloody injuries - I don't know how many times it has been said, but it was really short-sighted of the owners/manager not to bring in one or two extra players this season.

Mignolet
    Clyne - Matip - Klavan - Milner
    Can - Lucas - Wijnaldum
    Mané - Firmino - Coutinho

?

Or drop Coutinho back into the midfield 3 and play Origi up front?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

sword1 wrote: »
    You can still get great players, just not from the premier league for around the £25/30m range. Mkitaryan and Bailly were both around that fee last year. The only person we paid a signiciant transfer fee for was Pogba.

Mkitaryan was supposed to have cost 34 million, got 6 million signing fee and is on over 10 million a year wages. Hardly a bargain at over 80 million for 4 years

Crazy when £30m isnt seen as expensive or significant :(:(

Transfer fees gone mad, Virgil Van Dijk for 50m is insane

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If Henderson is also out of action on Saturday, who starts in the middle? We're right back to the bare bones already after two bloody injuries - I don't know how many times it has been said, but it was really short-sighted of the owners/manager not to bring in one or two extra players this season.

Mignolet
    Can - Lucas - Wijnaldum

?

I'd say the bolded bit. Klopp doesn't like Lucas in midfield at all. I think that Lovren is back as well so Klavan light have to step aside.

Can just needs to stick to Lukaku when he drops deep.
    In the absence of Coleman, we need to press up that side of the pitch.

This morning I see us linked with James again and another young lad from Real. Not sure if that will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

naughtb4 wrote: »

Trevor Francis £1m transfer fee was thought of similarly back in the day.

I was reading a long-form opinion piece about the title race this morning. It casually mentioned Ben Davies having a big role to play for Spurs 'cos Danny Rose has been linked with a £50 million move to City.

Now I think Rose is a brilliant left-back, but that is bat**** mental.

Also sticking to my guns - Van Dijk is gonna drop big time when he leaves Southampton, unless he joins Chelsea. Defenders at Southampton look solid as a rock because that whole team is set up to offer protection - look at Lovren, Fonte, etc - none of them look anywhere near as good when you lose the protection of two defensive players. Put Van Dijk into a Liverpool or Man City defence and he'll be exposed big time I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I was reading a long-form opinion piece about the title race this morning. It casually mentioned Ben Davies having a big role to play for Spurs 'cos Danny Rose has been linked with a £50 million move to City.

Now I think Rose is a brilliant left-back, but that is bat**** mental.

Also sticking to my guns - Van Dijk is gonna drop big time when he leaves Southampton, unless he joins Chelsea. Defenders at Southampton look solid as a rock because that whole team is set up to offer protection - look at Lovren, Fonte, etc - none of them look anywhere near as good when you lose the protection of two defensive players. Put Van Dijk into a Liverpool or Man City defence and he'll be exposed big time I reckon.

Agree 100% with that, main reason why I dont want him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Agree 100% with that, main reason why I dont want him

I love how it looks like your agreeing with yourself!

• Advertisement

Whats going on with the quotes lads :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mignolet
    Can - Lucas - Wijnaldum

?

Bringing in TAA and moving Clyne to LB then Milner into the middle would be another option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Dahoud has gone to Dortmund. They have an excellent collection of young players now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

brevity wrote: »
    Dahoud has gone to Dortmund. They have an excellent collection of young players now.

Is it confirmed?

I seen that we were already looking at Max Meyer as a substitute for Dahoud.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is it confirmed?

I seen that we were already looking at Max Meyer as a substitute for Dahoud.

https://twitter.com/borussia_en/status/847397147368579077

Whoever Liverpool are looking at, they had better not beat around the bush.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »

I love how it looks like your agreeing with yourself!

What can I say?

When I'm right, I'm right.

:cool::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm gladbach that transfer boil has been pricked very early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/borussia_en/status/847397147368579077

Whoever Liverpool are looking at, they had better not beat around the bush.

Every year, the bush is beaten harder and harder.

corwill wrote: »
    Every year, the bush is beaten harder and harder.

They've made a right fist of it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Why can't we tie up deals before a transfer deal? It seems it can be done in Spain and germany

What like Joel Matip and Marco Grujic you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What like Joel Matip and Marco Grujic you mean?

And Milan Jovanovic, one of the greatest soccer players in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

I see sakho is one of the nominees for player of the month, glad to see he's doing well I wonder if he keeps the performances up would he have another chance with us, though I suspect not :(

No but FSG will make a decent accounting profit and maybe an actual pounds in the pocket one (given the way the market has gone mad), with Lovren and the club apparently in negotiations it'll be interesting to see what calibre of CB they look at for the 3rd/4th slot

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/847473812849344512

Will probably end up being a fine or a slap on the wrist.

• Advertisement

A points deduction is a possible sanction as well I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Very unlikely thought considering precedent with City, United and Chelsea already having been done for the same thing with no points deduction.

Something that someone may be able to tell me is what the situation is with the boy and Stoke City, is he still on the books or have they washed their hands of him and his school fees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Its a weird one. So Liverpool agreed to pay for his education until he was 16 but when they were told that this isnt allowed, they took that offer off the table and now the parents are angry?

Its totally tapping up but its the exact same thing that City done with that young keeper last year?

I think it will likely be a fine if anything at all

Dahoud joining Dortmund. Another monitoring job completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

brevity wrote:
    Will probably end up being a fine or a slap on the wrist.

We're so inept with negotiations we should be charged for wasting time at best.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Apparently we had decided not to go after him because Henderson was unexpectedly doing so well in the #6 postition.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Apparently we had decided not to go after him because Henderson was unexpectedly doing so well in the #6 postition.

Fairly ridiculous if true.....does that mean we wont get a LB because Milner is doing unexpectedly well there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

A points deduction is a possible sanction as well I think.

First offense? Never going to be a points deduction. Nothing more than a fine. I think when the Euro clubs were getting their transfer bans it was because the tapping up was proven to be systemic so one single offense should see you OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

NukaCola wrote: »
    Fairly ridiculous if true.....does that mean we wont get a LB because Milner is doing unexpectedly well there?

Apparently that was the plan for this season anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement