Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

NukaCola wrote: »

Two (supposed) targets gone already in a couple of days. Brandt and Dahoud.

Its Bild. Its like the Mirror announcing it. It could well happen but I wouldn't write it in stone yet.

Mel Reddy had an article up on Goal about how they weren't interested in Dahoud anymore and she usually has pretty good info on that front.

Regardless we did great business last year even tho we didn't get our main targets (Gotze and Dahoud). Pull it off again and we'll be laughing. Would anyone really swap those two for Mane and Gini?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I wouldn't be too worried about missing out on Dahoud & Brandt.
    2 very good players. But our signings since Klopp took over have been excellent just not buying in January was a mistake.
    Mane,Wijnaldum & Matip have improved our first 11. This summer I'm sure we will buy more players with us at least being in the Europa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Its Bild. Its like the Mirror announcing it. It could well happen but I wouldn't write it in stone yet.

Mel Reddy had an article up on Goal about how they weren't interested in Dahoud anymore and she usually has pretty good info on that front.

Regardless we did great business last year even tho we didn't get our main targets (Gotze and Dahoud). Pull it off again and we'll be laughing. Would anyone really swap those two for Mane and Gini?

Melissa Reddy is basically doing club PR at this point. Always a positive spin to everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Some pics and a short video of the new Liverpool dressing room have been released.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/258701-photos-and-video-reds-new-anfield-dressing-room-unveiled

Looks alright. A bit boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Sure they are two great prospects but they are as highly rated as Markovic and Can where before they arrived. We vcant stop giving out about either now.

Truth is if we signed just both of them everyone would be devastated so I for one dont care if we dont get them. Neither is a solid defensive mid, a left back, a pacey winger (brandt is not fast) nor a striker.

Would have been the bones of 50 million and we still would need the positions highlighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Youri Tielemans looks fairly handy. Linked with him according to some news feed on Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Trevor Francis £1m transfer fee was thought of similarly back in the day.

haha i have an old Liverpool FC program and he's featured in it just after signing... must stick it up here for the craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Youri Tielemans looks fairly handy. Linked with him according to some news feed on Google.

Oh I have said before I would love for us to sign Tielemans. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Chelsea, arsenal and Everton linked with tielmans to name but a few. Get sakho back to do the construction and tielmans could add the finishing touches

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Tielmans is class in fifa :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Melissa Reddy is basically doing club PR at this point. Always a positive spin to everything.

She didn't just say "well we didn't want him anyway".

She said interest has gone down over the course of the year and we're looking at players who are more dynamic, better at carrying the ball and/or are a bigger goal threat, with the current lads shining for so much of the season and links emerging to the likes of Naby Keita (although I'm not sure how I feel about us going for a guy who collapsed on the pitch a few weeks ago).

That's not to say those arguments definitely have merit, it's not spin, or whatever, but her article wasn't unreasonable.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. If we get some other fairly lightweight deep-lying player that pushes Hendo up the pitch we'll know it's bollocks.

If we sign a dedicated destroyer and/or, a sort of midfield, box-to-box version of Mané, then we'll know it probably wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I wonder what's afoot at Bayern.

With Ribbery and Robben both 33, Coman still only on loan (dunno has an agreement been reached), Douglas Costa mumbling about game time, Muller not playing a whole lot, it seems like their whole attack is up in the air.
    I was thinking it seemed mental that Brandt would be getting courted because of the talent they have in those positions, but they could be due a near total attacking revamp.
    That's bad news for anyone signing players from the bundesliga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We'll see what happens in the summer. It doesn't matter what spin is put on it tbh. Players like Dahoud and Brandt would definitely add quality to the squad but as others said we have a lot of positions to worry about. LB and CB being a priority I would think. We aren't a million miles away but we do need some depth and different options also. The squad needs investment and I hope we'll see that in the summer.

Gbear wrote: »

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. If we get some other fairly lightweight deep-lying player that pushes Hendo up the pitch we'll know it's bollocks.

Well to be fair we have Can who is great for some games.

The way we play I'd not be surprised to see us bring in a lightweight, deep-lying player (Xabi says hello) if we found a Sakho type CB to partner Matip.

Neither Henderson or Can are capable of consistently feeding our attack. Which is a shame as we have attackers with great ability to receive quality ball and work with it.

Pushing Henderson further forward wouldn't be a bad thing... our front 5/6 lack aggression IMO. Hendo isn't overly aggressive but he asserts himself.

As we learned in Jan & Feb ( :) hee hee ) it's a squad game now.... we need options to mix things up.

Anyone brave enough to do a match day thread? Hope Klopp has a few tricks up his sleeve for fools day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Karma25

Anybody think we should play milner centre mid and put Moreno lb? Crazy i know but we will miss lalannas energy. Could even play Trent RB and put clyne lb?

With Henderson & lallana out gini & Can are the CMs without a doubt.

Who will be #10ish.... coutinho if deemed OK to start.

There's a spot for someone in attack with firmino and Mane, milner is the LWB certainty... no way Moreno will come back into team against everton.

We really need to win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Karma25

Augeo wrote: »
    With Henderson & lallana out gini & Can are the CMs without a doubt.

Who will be #10ish.... coutinho if deemed OK to start.

There's a spot for someone in attack with firmino and Mane, milner is the LWB certainty... no way Moreno will come back into team against everton.

We really need to win this.

I think your right worried about can postional discipline V Barkley. Coutinho may very well be man marked by gueye which could lessen his contribution. Think a big game is needed by mane would like to see him take on baines every opportunity. Lukaku V matip will be a very interesting battle. Does anybody have an idea who will play RB for Everton with Coleman out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Pretty apt that the Derby is on the anniversary of the greatest April Fools prank ever, I was nearly in tears when I saw this in the local Newsagent :pac:

32BBD54000000578-3518821-image-a-6_1459505583977.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Gbear wrote: »
    She didn't just say "well we didn't want him anyway".

She said interest has gone down over the course of the year and we're looking at players who are more dynamic, better at carrying the ball and/or are a bigger goal threat, with the current lads shining for so much of the season and links emerging to the likes of Naby Keita (although I'm not sure how I feel about us going for a guy who collapsed on the pitch a few weeks ago).

That's not to say those arguments definitely have merit, it's not spin, or whatever, but her article wasn't unreasonable.

If we sign a dedicated destroyer and/or, a sort of midfield, box-to-box version of Mané, then we'll know it probably wasn't.
    On Naby Keita, he would have been an ideal target not so long ago. A health scare to to drop the buying price and a thorough medical to minimise the risk would have been very attractive for us.

This Summers transfers will be very interesting indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Karma25 wrote: »
    I think your right worried about can postional discipline V Barkley. Coutinho may very well be man marked by gueye which could lessen his contribution. Think a big game is needed by mane would like to see him take on baines every opportunity. Lukaku V matip will be a very interesting battle. Does anybody have an idea who will play RB for Everton with Coleman out?

Mason Holgate is the most likely.

I think he's primarily a RB but have seen him play on the right side of a three-man defence for them too this season. Can't say I remember much about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

kfallon wrote: »
    Pretty apt that the Derby is on the anniversary of the greatest April Fools prank ever, I was nearly in tears when I saw this in the local Newsagent :pac:

We were all in tears 14 days later. Will never be forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Fancy Origi to start in the vacant attacking position, as much for his height at defensive set pieces as anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Lucas and Lovren start.

Grujic on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Lucas and Lovren start.

Right so...

Edit: not as a cb pairing, phew...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

kfallon wrote: »

32BBD54000000578-3518821-image-a-6_1459505583977.jpg

I still have a copy of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Right so...

Edit: not as a cb pairing, phew...

:D Sorry...I should have made that a bit clearer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

No Sturridge on the bench is interesting, considering we have a number of kids on there. I guess that comeback was mentioned a bit too soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    No Sturridge on the bench is interesting, considering we have a number of kids on there. I guess that comeback was mentioned a bit too soon!

He's only been on the training pitch for rehab at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This is the kind of thing tributes should be restricted to.

Get the f*ck in.

I started my first match thread. Hopefully won't be my last!!

Bit Brad Jones-esque from Robles.

mormank wrote: »
    Oh I have said before I would love for us to sign Tielemans. :)

Was watching a couple of clips on YouTube and some of his goals had a wee touch of Steven Gerrard about them.

Bet someone still slates Can's performance today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Bet someone still slates Can's performance today.

He's becoming an important player now and is in good form. Give him a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lucas was Boss and Average was well average when he came on.

• Advertisement

Massive 3 points.

Joint 2nd with 8 games to go:)

Weekends football would be perfect if West Brown or Burnley could get a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Big result for Pool
    Means Arsenal and United already know they have to win not just this weekend but in all of their games on hand as well

Lucas proved me wrong today, still don't want him starting all that often but he had a great performance today.

Lucas proved me wrong today, still don't want him starting all that often but he had a great performance today.

Agree with this. He can put in a great shift but he should only be back up player. Was outstanding today though to give him his due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Love an early weekend victory. Everything now is a bonus. Big pressure on utd and arsenal from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Weekends football would be perfect if West Brown or Burnley could get a result.

Never ever gonna happen.......ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lucas was very good, thought lovren won his aerial duels well also. Let's hope manes injury isn't a bad one however origis game when he came on was very good. Cant wait to see who klopp adds to the team this summer, he's the real fukcing deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just thought I'd say that on the balance of things, I'm really enjoying this season. We've been playing nice football, signed good players last summer and there's just a bit more life in the club IMO.

Coutinho was fantastic today, we'll need him back in form if Mane and Lallana are out for a while. Origi again comes on for an injured player and gets himself a goal, if we could get another 5 in 5 run from him we'll be looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lucas was great, Coutinho was magic and all in all it was a very through performance. Now, that said and understood, there was a price to pay in terms of the Mane injury and we can't help looking shaky at the back every game it seems.

Bottom line is we're in an excellent position. Our run in is as kind as you'll see, and once we get past next weekend we have lots of rest between each game. There aren't many excuses - put a run together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lucas levia always has a big performance in him in these type of games.

Also thought lovren was excellent on his first game back in ages

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement