Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What a goal by Coutinho.

Just saw it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

NukaCola wrote: »
    Mourinho really making Old Trafford a fortress again. Not even United can win there.

You were at me in the match thread but then you go

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

My god Koeman is a bitter man, says every coach on the Liverpool bench should've seen red.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

noodler wrote: »
    Watching MOTD do we have to play Palace again?

They look classy.

Sick watching Sakho play so well.

I really hope Klopp reconsiders.

We play them at Anfield in a few weeks. They have won the last 2 games there as well. Sakho won't be playing though obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Wjinaldum had a very quiet game today.

I've watched the full 90 and now Motd and I don't remember him touching the ball.

Obviously he did but I just cant think of one instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Obviously only seeing highlights means it's hard to be sure but it looked like the old snap, crackle and pop of earlier this season was back in the general play today.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Wjinaldum had a very quiet game today.

I've watched the full 90 and now Motd and I don't remember him touching the ball.

Obviously he did but I just cant think of one instance.

I didn't watch it live but for me that's how he usually is, neat and tidy etc, under the radar.

I didn't watch it live but for me that's how he usually is, neat and tidy etc, under the radar.

I know yeah but today was different, maybe because Everton had a fair bit of possession and he didn't get on the ball as much.

Anyone potentially back for midweek?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

If Hull stay up I'd say Lazar might move permanently, would be a few bob to add to the record war chest promised during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sakho still only 27. As a CB he is probably still 2-3 years away from his prime. I hope Klopp gives him a chance in pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭54and56

Marckovic made a pretty good goal for Hull today. Is he playing his way back into the LFC squad next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭54and56

tinpib wrote: »
    If Hull stay up I'd say Lazar might move permanently, would be a few bob to add to the record war chest promised during the week.

By who exactly? Wasn't it just a journo (albeit a good one) speculating? Did he actually quote a senior exec confirming the record transfer kitty this summer?

Fake News Alert!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I know yeah but today was different, maybe because Everton had a fair bit of possession and he didn't get on the ball as much.

Probably seemed quiet because he was the one player they didn't try and kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

MD1990 wrote: »
    . I hope Klopp gives him a chance in pre-season.

My gut would tell me not a hope unfortunately. I'd say Klopp is like Fergie in that regard, once the relationship goes sour that's it. Klopp had to stamp his authority.

He had to show people he was not to be messed with, much like the way Pat Hickey fashioned a shank out of a toothbrush handle and murdered two high ranking gang members within 24 hours of his arrival in that prison in Rio, if rumours are to be believed.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Probably seemed quiet because he was the one player they didn't try and kill.

Was a battle alright.

Sure it's a contact sport you know, man's game and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Today was great and all but the events that unfolded has really fast a doubt in my mind over something I thought was solid as a rock before but now I'm not so certain.

I always believed that makes Micheal Owen was the worse ex-Liverpool player that has turned to commentary/punditry but my god I forgot all about Jamie redknapp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Surely Williams /barkley will be in trouble over some of the tackling /stamping. The only downside is that if they are they will miss the united game

sword1 wrote: »
    Surely Williams /barkley will be in trouble over some of the tackling /stamping. The only downside is that if they are they will miss the united game

Nah the ref "saw it" so nothing can be done about it now. It's such a cop-out rule, the ref is never going to admit he didn't see an incident anyway because it just makes him look bad at his job.

Nah the ref "saw it" so nothing can be done about it now. It's such a cop-out rule, the ref is never going to admit he didn't see an incident anyway because it just makes him look bad at his job.

Not all of the incidents, either way like I said let it go but going forward the game needs more retrospective action or video reffing as some of those incidents were dangerous today

• Advertisement

Was a battle alright.

I'm sure your tongue is firmly in your cheek but people actually believing this is why Barkley and Williams were allowed assault players today without repercussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

6252715_orig.jpg

I thought the rule is that if he dealt with it then there could be no retrospective punishment?

He completely missed the Williams stamp from what I recall. Would expect the FA to turn a blind eye to it, ala Rojo though.

Barkley definitely should've saw red for the Loveren challenge but I dont think anything will happen regarding the Williams stamp, I dont think it was clear enough.

A bit like Everton today, it was only half arsed.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Anyone potentially back for midweek?

Unless Sturridge is I doubt it. Hopefully Mane not as bad as feared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Just in that striker role. If we sign Aubameyang for example and he is fit and firing then I don't see Firmino keeping that central role in league or Champions League. I agree Firmino could get games, he's have to compete elsewhere if we do get that star striker we so need.

Ok but you mentioned getting 4 players in your original point I think it was and the question was how would the 4 or 5 displaced players feel right? Well hopefully they feel determined to keep their spots whilst understanding it's a squad game now and maybe even a slight bit relieved that they won't have to go through another January like the one they just experienced. I dunno, maybe not. Either way I think 4 or 5 first teamers is about the minimum we should looking to bring in this summer as we have already been shown that our squad is woefully short for the schedule we just had, add in European games and yeah like I said it is the minimum we should be looking at. The players will just have to learn to deal with it the way most other PL footballers have done, in a pool of money surrounded by hot naked women I suspect! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Was a battle alright.

On motd they basically said you will have those types of challenges in a derby, what a f*cking cop out that is, I wonder would they say the same if the players commiting the offences were not British.

Koeman saying that both sides were doing dangerous tackles is also very annoying, disappointingly we didn't leave a mark on any of their lot.

On motd they basically said you will have those types of challenges in a derby, what a f*cking cop out that is, I wonder would they say the same if the players commiting the offences were not British.

Koeman saying that both sides were doing dangerous tackles is also very annoying, disappointingly we didn't leave a mark on any of their lot.

That's it..

Even Koemans example of Liverpool playing it hard was the Lucas challenge, I actually thought there wasn't even much in it. Maybe a little biased but it certainly wasn't like either of the two Barkley tackles or the one from Davis(young blond lad)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just had a thought, did Alexander-Arnold have more shots today than Lukaku?

Who or what is a 'Lukaku'?

In Klopp's 3 derbies in charge so far Liverpool have won by an aggregate of 8-1. Everton have committed a potential leg-breaker in each of the three games, two from Barkley and the one from Funes Mori that actually snapped Origi's ankle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

monkey9 wrote: »

Say it out loud and see if it rings any bells

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Say it out loud and see if it rings any bells

Nope, never heard of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Nope, never heard of it.

Say Lukaku out loud three times into a mirror, and he'll suddenly appear and do **** all.

Lukaku tends to go missing against some of the big teams.

He'll hopefully get back to scoring v Utd during the week

Would they ****, I was watching it after seeing a potential career ending assault and could not believe what I heard. If it was a foreign player they would be calling for his head and showing the clip from the last time the team s met to demonstrate he has a history of it and needs to be banned for a spell to think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Watching MOTD. God damn but sakho was having a blinder against Chelsea

Vicxas wrote: »
    Watching MOTD. God damn but sakho was having a blinder against Chelsea

I'm sure when he refused a loan move in September he reckoned he was well capable of impressing klopp.... on the pitch at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Mr.H wrote: »
    I just hope to god that Klopp will be trying to find a solution to our bottom half troubles during the summer.

Maybe its a top class center back or maybe its a top class striker. Could be both or neither. I just hope that we actually try to resolve it rather than just play through it
    sword1 wrote: »
    Striker I think. Doing well to be so high in the table without a proper striker

Highest scoring team in PL with 64 goals in 30 games and priority in the summer is a striker? :pac:

CB to replace Lovren, goalkeeper and dominant central midfielder would all be infinitely more important assuming no departures of current starting 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

The top goalscorer in the premier league mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Milkers wrote: »
    Highest scoring team in PL with 64 goals in 30 games and priority in the summer is a striker? :pac:

CB to replace Lovren, goalkeeper and dominant central midfielder would all be infinitely more important assuming no departures of current starting 11.

Our entire ethos revolves around attacking football.

You play to your strengths and if you can't beat the bottom 10 teams in the country regularly, you're not getting the job done as an attacking team.

I think we're punching well above our weight as a squad. We're in a "false" position because of Klopp, his system and his tactics have allowed us to get the better of big teams that try to play us in a more equitable style of game.
    Note how we were pretty much stumped by a Utd team that played like relegation fodder. If the rest follow suit we could struggle to break them down.

We will probably always concede quite a lot of goals. The cost/benefit of forwards/defenders isn't as simple as "we score loads but we concede loads".

A world class defender isn't going to fare much better when he's regularly outnumbered or having to defend a quarter of the pitch on his own.
    A world class keeper isn't going to keep out 80% more 1v1s or wide open shots than Mignolet.
    The caveat I'd make to these, is that it's absolutely worth getting better footballers at the back who can help us in possession.

Also, I believe I saw a recent graph that suggested we're a team of midgets, so that could explain our issues at set plays.
    We've maybe 2 outfield players over 6 ft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Barkley sitting down watching Coutinho.

https://my.mixtape.moe/ascpvs.mp4

The top goalscorer in the premier league mate

Hard to believe he had 9 goals from of the last 6 games before Liverpool. Completely nullified and made to look ordinary. Hopefully he turns up for his audition against United midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hard to believe he had 9 goals from of the last 6 games before Liverpool. Completely nullified and made to look ordinary. Hopefully he turns up for his audition against United midweek.

He won't score imo.

I posted this awhile ago :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102972834&postcount=19

Imagine if we had a striker who resulted in us having scored 74 goals in 30 games. Hard to reckon we'd be worse off points wise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Humour thread strikes again.....

Since Everton last won at Anfield, Blackpool have risen from the 4th tier to the EPL, won at Anfield, and fallen back to the 4th tier again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Augeo wrote: »
    Imagine if we had a striker who resulted in us having scored 74 goals in 30 games. Hard to reckon we'd be worse off points wise.

The question was which position was a higher priority. Of course we would rather have scored 74 goals than 64. I'd nearly go as far as to say 84 would be better again. No hang on maybe 94 would be the ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Humour thread strikes again.....

Since Everton last won at Anfield, Blackpool have risen from the 4th tier to the EPL, won at Anfield, and fallen back to the 4th tier again

Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Any news on Mané lads?

The question was which position was a higher priority. Of course we would rather have scored 74 goals than 64. I'd nearly go as far as to say 84 would be better again. No hang on maybe 94 would be the ticket.

The forward line is a priority too IMO. I know we had injuries and players on international duty but we got 7 goals from our 5 forwards in January and Feb. We lack quality and depth there.

Same at CB/LB/CM.........I would hope we are looking to solve each problem simultaneously rather than having to prioritise positions. This squad needs investment.

Well if you are being like that you said "CB to replace Lovren, goalkeeper and dominant central midfielder would all be infinitely more important "

I doubt anyone would agree with you in that context.

So your answer to the question would be WRONG :D

Also as pointed out..........
    ........... but we got 7 goals from our 5 forwards in January and Feb. ..........
    ............ now consider that was without European football.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement