Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wheety wrote: »
    Utd still have to play Chelsea, Spurs, Man City, Arsenal and Everton :D

Actually, almost every week now, there is a match between the top teams. If we can stop dropping stupid points then top 4 is ours as someone around us will be dropping points most weeks.

Easier said than done, we just need to figure out how to move the bus when these guys decide to park it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Vicxas wrote: »
    Easier said than done, we just need to figure out how to move the bus when these guys decide to park it.

We need Mane to unlock those type of teams. Hopefully he's not out too long.

Lallana, Mane and Hendo likely out for Wed, that's difficult to manage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Augeo wrote: »
    Lallana, Mane and Hendo likely out for Wed, that's difficult to manage.

We managed ok without Lallana and Hendo on Saturday, Mane tho.... will be tough i reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Are Bournemouth one of the park the bus teams? Howe generally has them play attacking football ya?

If they stick 10 men behind the ball, we could seriously struggle to break them down without Mane. Big chance for Origi with Mane out, seriously rate the lad still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

rob316 wrote: »
    Are Bournemouth one of the park the bus teams? Howe generally has them play attacking football ya?

If they stick 10 men behind the ball, we could seriously struggle to break them down without Mane. Big chance for Origi with Mane out, seriously rate the lad still.

Any time I've watched them they've shown a tendency to attack alright. Even against the big teams, although they may have been primarily home games that I was watching.

I don't think Howe is one for parking the bus though.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

They didn't park the bus against us 4 months ago and had no problem scoring to come back from 2 down. It's more complicated than parked bus or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The club want £30m for Sakho in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lovely.

He's staying so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

noodler wrote: »
    Lovely.

He's staying so.

They spent £15m on Van Aanholt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

So that leaves Matip, Lovren, Klavan and Gomez at CB..........Sakho at best probably better than them all, at least on par with Matip. If he leaves we probably need 2 CB's, dont want to see too much of Klavan next year, not convinced that Gomez is ready either tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

If he keeps playing the way he has been since he joined Palace then we should look for more than 30 mill. He's better than stones, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sakho is no Mr Cool at the back. Everything he does is comical, but effective. He's entertaining to watch, not exactly the title winning centre back you'd need to be a success though. The 25m could be spent elsewhere.
    I would like to see a proven centre back aged 30 plus come in for the experience. Pepe will leave Madrid in few months, he's 34 though. Will head to China to play for 1 billion per week no doubt.

hefferboi wrote: »
    If he keeps playing the way he has been since he joined Palace then we should look for more than 30 mill. He's better than stones, imo.

I've only seen clips of him at Palace , he's all over the shop yet effective. It's a crazy way to play football/ everything he does has 75% risk attached yet he manages to get away with his play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Sakho is no Mr Cool at the back. Everything he does is comical, but effective. He's entertaining to watch, not exactly the title winning centre back you'd need to be a success though. The 25m could be spent elsewhere.
    I would like to see a proven centre back aged 30 plus come in for the experience. Pepe will leave Madrid in few months, he's 34 though. Will head to China to play for 1 billion per week no doubt.

I'd argue he's as cool as any cb in the league. Too cool on the ball at times which is a weakness, but he's great at reading the ball, powerful in the air and can set attacks from deep. I think him and Matip would get the best out of each other with a competent cdm in front of them and a top keeper behind them.

On the cdm role, Lucas gave a perfect display of how to play that role on saturday. He dominated everything in the middle and was 1st to every breaking ball from Lovren and Matip. Beat Lukaku in the air more often than not and his passing was perfect. Getting in someone who can play that role week in week out has to be the number one priority if we want to get that consistency that we've lacked for years. It makes the back 5's job so much simpler having a proper dm in front of them. Can turn an average cb into a top class one, imo.

hefferboi wrote: »

Or just keep him. One last chance or whatever........he must have done something crazy that the club has kept under wraps, no way we are shipping him on because he turned up late a few times or whatever was spun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Vicxas wrote:

Won't be easy considering they are on strike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I've only seen clips of him at Palace , he's all over the shop yet effective. It's a crazy way to play football/ everything he does has 75% risk attached yet he manages to get away with his play.
    It's like the guy using his controller is all over the shop but just about manages to control the feet enough to actually kick the ball with the rest of his body flailing wildly and madly about.:)

It's like the guy using his controller is all over the shop but just about manages to control the feet enough to actually kick the ball with the rest of his body flailing wildly and madly about.:)

Yep, and he carries those mannerisms off the pitch, into the dressing room and on to the training ground. Top clubs and managers find it all a bit too much. There has to be a time to get serious, he never does. It's not all fun and games at top clubs.

• Advertisement

Seriously guys do ye forget how he played like that for us and at times it cost us games??

He is a great lad (seems genuinely like he is just having a laugh and enjoying himself all the time) but his immaturity shouldnt be brought onto the field. He has a great aggressive tackle about him and when he sticks to the tackling he can a a top top center back but when he has the ball he at times tries to dummy around much more skilled strikers and has a couple of times been caught out. This of course leaves the striker in a one on one with our keeper which we dont seem to have a competent one in those situations.

Brilliant defender on his day but too erratic for a team with top 4 aspirations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

My super scouting sources tell me Liverpool should sign Jonathan Tah.

brevity wrote: »
    My super scouting sources tell me Liverpool should sign Jonathan Tah.

Mine agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Sahko will never play for Liverpool again so there's not much point discussing it.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Sahko will never play for Liverpool again so there's not much point discussing it.

It can still be discussed. In fact there is more point in discussing players who are under contract than ones who are not

Important information regarding Mane:

Sadio Mane has 6 goals against the top 7, Manchester United have 5.

On a serious note, did we hear anymore since yesterday about his injury?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sure he was walking about unaided after the game and nothing about scans and likely outcomes has tweeted by the usual suspects since which suggests he's likely to miss one game at most.

Sure he was walking about unaided after the game and nothing about scans and likely outcomes has tweeted by the usual suspects since which suggests he's likely to miss one game at most.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10823600/liverpool-awaiting-news-of-sadio-manes-scan

• Advertisement

Sky is not a usual suspect (and I have been off line all day it must be said in my own defence)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Knex. wrote: »
    Important information regarding Mane:

Sadio Mane has 6 goals against the top 7, Manchester United have 5.

And yet not one of our front four would get in their team despite the fact we have scored 22 more goals than them.

Liverpool U23s v Norwich (PL Cup QF)

Kelleher; Whelan, N Phillips, Masterson, Hart; J Williams; M Gomes, Virtue, Alves, T Gomes; Brewster

KO at 7 PM it's on LFC tv

Once again Liverpool are happy to field a much weaker squad in an "under age" Cup than they might do with
    TAA, Gomez, Stewart, Grujić, Wilson, Ojo, Woodburn all with the seniors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mr.H wrote: »
    Seriously guys do ye forget how he played like that for us and at times it cost us games??
    s

I remember him playing very well.

Can't remember too many goals/games he cost us, at least not where you could blame him 100%.

He just looks awkward on the ball, usually makes the right decision and pass in possession.

Mr.H wrote: »
    It can still be discussed. In fact there is more point in discussing players who are under contract than ones who are not

Hand on heart I haven't seen a player who slide tackles better than Sakho. Decent in the air, aggressive but controlled. He also has an excellent low hard drive pass that pops the ball right into the CF's foot, turning defence into attack.

He is undoubtedly a lively character and maybe that's mostly the problem but you would have thought Klopp could have channelled that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Hand on heart I haven't seen a player who slide tackles better than Sakho. Decent in the air, aggressive but controlled. He also has an excellent low hard drive pass that pops the ball right into the CF's foot, turning defence into attack.

He is undoubtedly a lively character and maybe that's mostly the problem but you would have thought Klopp could have channelled that.

I think klopp likes being the lively character. Personality clash, on top of the lateness.

• Advertisement

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    I think klopp likes being the lively character. Personality clash, on top of the lateness.

I agree it's probably a big personality clash. I'd say Sakho is too loud and him messing about just drove Klopp mental. It's tragic though.

As someone pointed out earlier, a Sakho-Matip partnership would be something to behold.

If he was willing to be short at CB because of a personality clash I'd be very disappointed in Klopp. We all have to work with people we don't get on with, it would be incomprehensible to me that a good manager couldn't do that, and irresponsible when we are so short of quality at CB.

I doubt we'll ever find out but it's a big loss.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/848474766851932160/photo/1

Allardyce after Sakho receives Palace POTM:

"His future doesn't look as if it is at Liverpool. He's enjoying his football and his life here. He's brought that resilience to the team by leading by example. He's taking a commanding role in his performance and the information he's giving out on the field. That has helped with our defensive resilience: one goal conceded in four games."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

NukaCola wrote: »
    I doubt we'll ever find out

Mamadou must be due an autobiography

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Mamadou must be due an autobiography

Sakho: confessions of a painter decorator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

J Mysterio wrote: »

That naingolan lad from roma has a great slide tackle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Someone on Reddit done last seasons 30 games versus this seasons 30 games EPL comparison for Klopp. The improvements made are impressive. Slightly off that 2 ppg we need to hit regularly but I am quite happy with the job Klopps doing. Hopefully this improvement can continue.

Season P W D L F A GD CS Win % Pts
    Overall 60 30 17 13 119 77 42 15 50 107
    2015-16 30 13 9 8 55 40 15 8 43 48
    2016-17 30 17 8 5 64 37 27 7 57 59

Kicker in Germany are supposed to have an interview/quote from Julian Brandt father who is also his agent saying the links to Munich are fake news.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Echo says that Can missed training today. Hopefully precautionary or else we'll see Grujic or Stewart start in midfield on Wednesday I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

5starpool wrote: »
    Echo says that Can missed training today. Hopefully precautionary or else we'll see Grujic or Stewart start in midfield on Wednesday I'd say.

You beat me to it. I'd say he's black and blue after the kicking he got on Saturday...hopefully nothing too serious.

5starpool wrote: »

Don't know how he finished the game on Saturday. At least once in both halves I thought he was done for.

Can did get a nasty studs to kneecap tackle that I am sure hurt a lot and was very lucky didn't do a lot more damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Can did get a nasty studs to kneecap tackle that I am sure hurt a lot and was very lucky didn't do a lot more damage.

One of those that you might run off during a game but once you stop moving gets very painful.

Liverpool now have one fewer point than last seasons total and there are 8 games left.

As of now compared to last season

2015/16 Liverpool 30 12 9 9 9 8 46 41 +5 45 1.50

2016/17 Liverpool 30 17 8 5 7 4 64 37 +27 59 1.97

Worth pointing out that in the last 6 games they've scored 12 goals, so that drought period is over it seems.

v top half
    Liverpool 15 9 6 0 5 2 26 12 +14 33 2.20 :)
    bottom half
    Liverpool 15 8 2 5 2 2 38 25 +13 26 1.73 :(
    NukaCola wrote: »
    Someone on Reddit done last seasons 30 games versus this seasons 30 games EPL comparison for Klopp. The improvements made are impressive. Slightly off that 2 ppg we need to hit regularly but I am quite happy with the job Klopps doing. Hopefully this improvement can continue.

Season P W D L F A GD CS Win % Pts
    Overall 60 30 17 13 119 77 42 15 50 107
    2015-16 30 13 9 8 55 40 15 8 43 48
    2016-17 30 17 8 5 64 37 27 7 57 59

Just check this thread for that sort of thing, the numbers are also more accurate unless Statto is wrong.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement