Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Lallana's f*cking poison recently.

add phill and bobby to your list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This is an embarrassment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Making them look like Barcelona!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It takes a lot for me to turn off a Liverpool match, but I've reached the threshold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

With Henderson out, we miss someone like Sakho with the ability to play a quick pass into the attackers.

I expected us to lose, but this is awful.

Augeo wrote: »
    11/8 for Top4 now, Utd 5/6 & Arsenal 1/1 :o
    Spurs & City 3/10 & 1/5 resp.

Surely you'd be laying the crap out of that. We're not out of the race, but 11/8 is far too stingy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Royle Family starting on UK Gold, that'll do for me now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm done, can't stand this. First time in my life I've turned off a Liverpool match, and only 60 minutes in. I don't feel good about it but I can't go on watching that, I just don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Knex. wrote: »
    With Henderson out, we miss someone like Sakho with the ability to play a quick pass into the attackers.

Most of us recognised that many, many months ago (i don't mean you didnt also btw).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

mormank wrote: »
    The lads are playing like they went on a bender in Marbella, not a training camp! :mad:
    With a few strip clubs thrown in no doubt.

• Advertisement

add phill and bobby to your list

Bobby did some great trackng back though, 4 games ago iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Absolute disgrace.

I hope Klopp knows that.

No excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

fcking pathetic .. first time in my life im turning off the channel. for the sake of my tv,my laptop ,my phone,i cant watch anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Too many hugs given out to these players, they should be afraid of the manager not all buddy buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I was of the school of thought that our issues were squad depth and allied to the intensity of Klopp's style. To be this flat and listless after 16 day's off certainly challenges that theory. There's really nothing positive to take out of this game. Finishing outside the top four will be a bitter pill to swallow and put a lot of pressure on the coach to start next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Wow what a fuking joke. Time to knock the fuking ad campaigns on the head Jurgen and get back into football management.

Augeo wrote: »
    Bobby did some great trackng back though, 4 games ago iirc.

And you complain about Sturridge talk, you're quick to whinge about Firmino yourself, constantly.

5starpool wrote: »
    Surely you'd be laying the crap out of that. We're not out of the race, but 11/8 is far too stingy.

Horse bolted sort of thing, we were too short a few games ago IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Chronic this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

J Mysterio wrote: »
    No, i'm in full meltdown here. Meltdown Monday.

OK I understand, I won't mention that my team won a trophy yesterday so...

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

noodler wrote: »
    Absolute disgrace.

I hope Klopp knows that.

No excuses.

I'm sure he does but then why are we like this every week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

While you're putting people to bed, have a lie down yourself ;)

I know its knee jerk but we need a change. I'd bring Wilson in and a few others to inject a bit of pace. Its the same old ****e every time. Ball to Milner he doesn't beat first man, rinse and repeat.

FWIW, I posted this in early Dec and got flamed for it. The problems were obv then and they are the same ones now.

"The problem is even at 2-0 or 3-1 from now on, other teams will know we are fragile and it will be in the back of our players heads too. Its a mental thing and we haven't resolved it no matter what you say.

As for saying Karius has been good the last month, I honestly haven't seen it. Sure the defence were better but he hasn't done anything to show me he is improving.

Says a lot about Klavan that Lucas is preferred to him so we def need back up at centre half and fast.

Really hope I'm wrong but I think we will free fall between now and mid Jan".

And you complain about Sturridge talk, you're quick to whinge about Firmino yourself, constantly.

dunno what you are talking about bud
    Firmino has been dog sh1t as a CF for over two months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its very sad when your best attacking outlet is one of your cbs.

Did we resign Benteke in Jauary? We never put this many high balls into the box when he was at Anfield.

nullzero wrote: »
    OK I understand, I won't mention that my team won a trophy yesterday so...

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Ok so Moreno for Mane???????????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rather than take a shot Clyne turned towards the defender.

Deer in the headlights. Get Moreno and Woodburn on, can't get worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Thanks

Don't mention it.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

To be fair, Clyne should only be shooting as an absolute last resort - only if he can't boot the ball into his own net or literally kill himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Deer in the headlights. Get Moreno and Woodburn on, can't get worse.

Yep, but it's ridiculous that even after playing football most of his life he can't kick a ball toward the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Normal service is resumed

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

I know this is a knee-jerk reaction to how poor we are over the last few months allied to the fact that I'm so bloody depressed watching these clowns, but is Klopp really any better than Rodgers? None of them know anything about ****ing defending. Another year another depressing league campaign. Shambolic.

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I know this is a knee-jerk reaction to how poor we are over the last few months allied to the fact that I'm so bloody depressed watching these clowns, but is Klopp really any better than Rodgers? None of them know anything about ****ing defending. Another year another depressing league campaign. Shambolic.

Klopp really is better than Rodgers, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

daithijjj wrote: »
    Fair enough, lets use a player complimenting another as a sign of his ability.

Joe Cole is in fact as good as Messi.

It wasn't an outrageous claim like the one you posted, he wasn't even being directly asked about Joe.His opinion may not be right but its far more valid than yours or mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Wonder if FSG are looking for a certain Italians number......

I had the same thought but I really didnt want to let it out. Same problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Well, every second word out of his mouth isn't bull**** and he isn't wasting millions on **** transfers.

He isn't necessarily doing any better in terms of results mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Clyne offers noting going forward. Yes, he gets forward, but his end product is incredibly poor.

Lads Klopp has had a period of 2-3 appalling months. Rodgers had 15.

• Advertisement

Well, every second word out of his mouth isn't bull**** and he isn't wasting millions on **** transfers. ............

not buying and buying badly can have the same on pitch result.

Lads Klopp has had a period of 2-3 appalling months. Rodgers had 15.

Rodgers had <1 ppg over 15 months, Christ how did we escape relegation :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I'm still elated we have Klopp at the club but after a year and a half we've a very brittle, one dimensional team that are seemingly incapable of changing things up (Man City was a false dawn).

I wasn't expecting to have so many question-marks hanging over the team and Klopp but they're there for everyone to see.

Players playing out of position; the need for reinforcements and upgrades ignored; Sahko, our best defender, (who deserved some reprimand) thoroughly cast out. Dare I say it - I don't want to give credence to anything Verheijen says - but this team looks so listless and reactive, it feels like they possibly are over-training. Head scratching stuff for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

The state of Lucas out there.

One thing we all hoped Klopp could do was attract a star player.

He might have been able to before if he would have spent some goddamn money. Not confident he cam attract top level players now given how things have gone. We missed the chance.

It's amazing how opinions change. Throughout seasons the following statements are seemingly held to be true by the majority of Liverpool fans at a particular time.

1. Almost all our players are rubbish, we need 6-7 first team players and another 5 squad players to be a good top 4 team.
    2. Our first XI is great, we just need about 3 more players of that quality and a few good squad players and we're golden.

Obviously the truth is somewhere in between, but it is incredibly frustrating, and it feels a lot more like the first one than the second for the last couple of months.

Liverpool, ruining weeks consistently since 1990.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If you had told me during the summer that at this stage of the season we'd be playing with Milner, Lucas and Clyne in a back four while Sakho is winning man-of-the-match awards at Crystal Palace, I'd have broke my arse laughing.

Not really all that funny now.

It's amazing how opinions change. Throughout seasons the following statements are seemingly held to be true by the majority of Liverpool fans at a particular time.

1. Almost all our players are rubbish, we need 6-7 first team players and another 5 squad players to be a good top 4 team.
    2. Our first XI is great, we just need about 3 more players of that quality and a few good squad players and we're golden.

Obviously the truth is somewhere in between, but it is incredibly frustrating, and it feels a lot more like the first one than the second for the last couple of months.

Liverpool, ruining weeks consistently since 1990.

We all hold opinions and we're not idiots, but at the same time we're just fans, we can't see the solutions, that's not our job. All we can do is hope that the lads in charge can see what needs to be done, right now I'm not so hopeful that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What is the point of match threads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hopefully that's the last time we see Lucas in a Liverpool shirt apart from a 2 min cameo last home game of the season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement