Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Why?
    Our front 3 will obviously be the one that finished on Saturday. Why would Trent be played out of position as a youngster when we have Origi?

TAA finished the game as part of the front 3, he came on for Coutinho and played on the wing. He's arguably more adept as a winger than a fullback too.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

TAA finished the game as part of the front 3, he came on for Coutinho and played on the wing. He's arguably more adept as a winger than a fullback too.

He played right midfield as part of a 4411 not right forward as part of a front 3, and I'd have no problem him coming on to solidify that side again if we're protecting a lead but the amount of fans calling for him to start in Mane's spot as a like for like is ridiculous.
    He's arguably more adept in his natural centre mid box to box role. He's definetly not more adept as a winger then a full back however

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'd have Ojo over TAA in RW.......and Firmino, Coutinho and Origi as a starting front 3.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

When Origi was starting he was on a good run of goals and games, he comes on and scores on Saturday too. I think he deserves to start, whether it's through middle or on either side.

Origi can play with both left and right foot, and can play either side of Firmino if need be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Looking good at old trafford

Looking good at old trafford

Everton will crumble, United will win by 2......

Everton will **** up, they always do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Everton will **** up, they always do.

Yeah, we shouldn't get complacent here. Even if Everton win, I wouldn't put it past Giggs to get United on a run of wins to the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

mosstin wrote: »

I did something similar on Saturday. I had twelve pints on board by then, mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lucas, the most scouse Brazilian there ever was:

https://twitter.com/theanfieldtruth/status/849262143291699201

Absolutely love him. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Just when ya thought you couldn't hate Williams anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I know Everton were a bunch of ***** at the weekend but after some reflection they're a great bunch of lads altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

United drawing is still a brilliant result for us, and there's a bonus of getting to see victory snatched away from Everton in the dying minutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Utd drop 2 points.....Williams gets sent off....happy with that.

Any kind of a win tomorrow Please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

paulie21 wrote: »
    Just when ya thought you couldn't hate Williams anymore

Doesn't matter, would have taken that result at that start.

What I can't work out is how Utd fans say how poor Liverpool are whilst Liverpool brushed Everton aside at the weekend and Utd scraped a draw against them.

What does that mean?

Draw still a good result........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Not much use to the mancs that.

With the two fairly dreadful games in hand they have it really is own goal territory for us to fail to make top 4 now.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    What does that mean?

It means none of our players would get into their first 11......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

30 seconds away from a better result though

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Utd drop 2 points.....Williams gets sent off....happy with that.

Any kind of a win tomorrow Please!

Keeper would have saved it if Williams didn't throw himself at it, the big eejit.

What I can't work out is how Utd fans say how poor Liverpool are.

Liverpool brushed Everton aside at the weekend whilst Utd scraped a draw against them.

What does that mean?

That they never wanted to beat Everton in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

NukaCola wrote: »
    It means none of our players would get into their first 11......

They have a manager who has no ambition or aspiration in the football he plays, pays no heed to the future and only thinks of what he can buy to win games in the present.

They're a fairly young team with a lot of talent.

I actually hope that he does stick around for a bit because by alienating all the talented young players they have in Martial, Rashford and replacing them with soon to be over the hill mega-stars who might get one successful season, he'll doom them for another 5 years after.

I think he'll be poison for the future of that club. Long may he reign in mediocrity.

They've needed a long term project, patience and a forward thinking manager, and instead they've hired a string of regressive managers and tried to buy their way around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

United drawing is still a brilliant result for us.

Yeah but they still have a game in hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wouldn't be getting too carried away with the United result. Think of all their games in hand.

Gbear wrote: »
    I actually hope that he does stick around for a bit

Only has about 2 seasons left at best anyway......

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Yeah but they still have a game in hand.

Against Man City

Top 6 definitely in their hands

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Against Man City

Draw there would be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Against Man City

I fear plenty of twists and turns to come in this race for top four, exiting but yet terrifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wouldn't be getting too carried away with the United result. Think of all their games in hand.

They don't look like winning any game at the moment. Let alone any games in hand. One of which is away to City.

Maybe they'll turn it on but their fixtures are horrible. It would take some turnaround for them to suddenly start beating the likes of City, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea, etc.

Our injuries are my biggest fear right now.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Draw there would be great

and predictable :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

mosstin wrote: »

Handball, surely?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Just checking the league table there and they have only 3 home games left from their last 9 which is mad. Given the way results have been, it's probably a good thing for them, although given 3 of those away games are at Spurs, Man City and Arsenal maybe not so much. Also Chelsea to play at home as well.

If they get top 4 it'll be because they have really earned it or because us and to a lesser extent Arsenal have really messed up.

Handball, surely?

Which is why the linesman was furiously flagging and standing over the ball I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

5starpool wrote: »
    Which is why the linesman was furiously flagging and standing over the ball I'd say.

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure. Didn't watch the game.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Turn up the volume on the clip and you can almost hear the cogs of his brain whirr as he tries to figure out what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

5 wins from 8 will do for top 4. 74 pts should be enough.

I'm still aiming for second and to be within 7 of Chelsea come end.

Spurs away to Swansea tomorrow who are fighting for their wives to survive ,

Would like to see Spurs lose tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

worried about all our injuries...really worried... really hoping utd havent gained a point on us by this time tomorrow..

need 3pts... need 3pts...

mada999 wrote: »
    worried about all our injuries...really worried... really hoping utd havent gained a point on us by this time tomorrow..

need 3pts... need 3pts...

Ye I'm worried aswell but we are very good at home . Even without mane we didn't play well against Swansea and we should have won and scored 2 the other home game in that period was against Chelsea. The problem back then was the away games were we looked toothless. If we could win our 4 home games and pick up 3 or 4 pts away it will be enough.

If we can win our 4 home games we're in great shape. I'm far more worried than I should be though about it all. I'd love a lot of the stress to be taken out if it by us winning our next 2 and Arsenal losing the next 2 and Utd losing at the weekend (fat chance, away to Sunderland). Obviously won't happen that way though.

I'm not going to make any points predictions but I hope we start with 3 points tomorrow night and take it from there.

Do we want Chelsea to beat City tomorrow.

Of course we do.

We aren't (despite your madcap notions) catching Chelsea, and also, I REALLY don't want Spurs to win the league. Chelsea aren't a club I like, but with Conte they are more palatable.

Draw would be the best result. Keep spurs interested they have to play utd and arsenal and keeps city under pressure they have to play utd. It will also keep the pressure on Chelsea who play utd soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭baldbear

100% yes.

Of course we do.

We aren't (despite your madcap notions) catching Chelsea, and also, I REALLY don't want Spurs to win the league. Chelsea aren't a club I like, but with Conte they are more palatable.

But I only want us to win.
    Lets say this is a blip for Chelsea, and they lose to City at home, then draw at Bournemouth and follow it up with a loss away to United.
    If we win the 3 games we play in that time we are within 2 points of them with 5 to play for us.
    Of course I would like Spurs to lose games too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Tomorrow really is a massive game for the season, I'll be a nervous wreck watching it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

But I only want us to win.
    Lets say this is a blip for Chelsea, and they lose to City at home, then draw at Bournemouth and follow it up with a loss away to United.
    If we win the 3 games we play in that time we are within 2 points of them with 5 to play for us.
    Of course I would like Spurs to lose games too.
    Love it!
    Hope. Rebellions are built on hope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement