Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

But I only want us to win.
    Lets say this is a blip for Chelsea, and they lose to City at home, then draw at Bournemouth and follow it up with a loss away to United.
    If we win the 3 games we play in that time we are within 2 points of them with 5 to play for us.
    Of course I would like Spurs to lose games too.

If wishes were fishes, etc. Far more likely that we'll draw at home to Bournemouth and lose to Stoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

5starpool wrote: »
    If wishes were fishes, etc. Far more likely that we'll draw at home to Bournemouth and lose to Stoke.

That's the spirit ;)

EDIT:In my attempt to be a smart arse I got you confused with Nukacola...apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just back from the pub with the match on somewhere in thr background there. Felt pretty good and -looking at the table - feels pretty good now too!

Excited for the game tomorrow! A good opportunity for lads to do well with the absentees. If Sturridge is available he should be on the bench at most. Origi smashed a fairly nice goal past the Everton keeper the other day, deserves the start, and has to be above Sturridge now in the pecking order.

Expect Woodburn may be an option off the bench here again.

Looking for a big game from Can. He has been criticised as having poor games against the 'lesser' teams that sit back a little more. I've been very impressed with his form over the last number of weeks and another big game for him tomorrow would be massive in terms of cementing his inportance to the first team... and getting a contract that represents that reality.

Wonder will Moreno get a run out also?

That's the spirit ;)

Hey, I don't use Eeyore as my avatar for no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

With so many teams playing each other if Chelsea do
    LOSE to City
    DRAW to Bournemouth
    LOSE to United
    WIN to Southampton
    DRAW at Everton
    AND we win the 5, we are 2 pts behind.

They have a free 6pts in last two home games though facing Middlesbrough and Sunderland. So impossible to win, but we could finish 2nd .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

klose wrote: »
    Tomorrow really is a massive game for the season, I'll be a nervous wreck watching it!

Id imagine we all will be, we havent won one league game Mane didnt start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That's the spirit ;)

EDIT:In my attempt to be a smart arse I got you confused with Nukacola...apologies.

Aaaaah! :pac: The smug head on ya!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

An important factor in Liverpool's remaining fixtures is that not one of the teams has anything left to play for, apart from Middlesbrough who will probably already be down at that stage. With no title/top 4 or relegation battlers to contend with, it could be the easiest run-in I can remember. Title talk is ridiculous but it would be nice to still have a mathematical chance with say 2 games left, just to have something to dream about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

We are the 3pm game on Sky on Saturday so we won't be scoring and therefore, obviously, won't be winning.

Burnley, Southampton and Hull are our previous 3pm guys live on Sky iirc.

'Sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

so we have midfield of lucas, can and winji for the remainder of the season?
    Coutinho, Firmino and origi up front

i can't see many goals in there to be honest. We might have to move milner up to the middle at some stage and let head the ball come on Left back.

once thing is for certain that remaining three midfielders will get injured on the run in....

I think this run in could all go tits up to be honest

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    We are the 3pm game on Sky on Saturday so we won't be scoring and therefore, obviously, won't be winning.

Burnley, Southampton and Hull are our previous 3pm guys live on Sky iirc.

'Sake

Ah crap. Away to Stoke is bad enough as it is. They have been rubbish lately but they'll perform well on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

5starpool wrote: »
    Ah crap. Away to Stoke is bad enough as it is. They have been rubbish lately but they'll perform well on Saturday.

Well, Charlie Allen hasn't turned a corner anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mosstin wrote: »
    Well, Charlie Allen hasn't turned a corner anyway.

I think he handled that corner quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Lads there is some insanely optimistic Chelsea blip talk - don't do it yourselves!

I think Top 4 will be tight between ourselves and Arsenal. I can't put the thought out of my head that they might go on one of their famous late runs. If they were to pick up 21-22pts from their available 30pts then it might be enough to pip us at the line.

You would have to think that United are resigned to missing out on Top 4 now. The EL is a far more realistic option - the bookies have them at 5/1 to finish Top 4 and 11/8 to win the EL following tonights result. The results they'd need to get in the league, whilst overcoming fixture congestion, just don't seem possible.

I think there will be 5 of the top 6 in the Champions League next season. I hope we're not the odd one out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Charlie Adams down on the corner handling balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Thanks to the Williams gift penalty, utd have a one goals for advantage (43) over 14th place Bournemouth (42). So Bournemouth know how to score, and we've no Mané. Poo.

With Henderson, lallana and Mane out we are a tad vulnerable tonight if we concede early.
    My main fear is the pressure that might come with the expectation that top4 is ours to lose.
    And our Jan, Feb form isn't that long ago.

I do think we'll be grand though :)

Without Mané in January we were atrocious so I'm definitely not too optimistic. Firmino needs to step up and start scoring again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

That's the spirit ;)

DAMN YOU RARNES1... *shakes fist*

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Without Mané in January we were atrocious...............

Indeed, that's a worry alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

daithijjj wrote: »

Is that true?

Christ on a two-wheeled self propelling mode of transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

noodler wrote: »
    Is that true?

Yep. Our last league win without Mané in the side was in May 2016.

*gulp*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

*gulp*

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Woohooo back to our drawing ways this evening so.... *cheers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

A nice 3-0 win tonight now should motivate everyone for the final title push ðŸ˜

Top 4 will do of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

daithijjj wrote: »
    Is that true?

*gulp*

Lads, he missed 3 league games, I know we'll miss him but the stat isn't that bad. We drew with Utd and the loss to Swansea was defensive issues more than anything else. Lets just forget about the Burnley result :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Spurs away to Swansea tomorrow who are fighting for their wives to survive ,

Jeez - Bit harsh to kill their wives if they lose :P

I like Rodgers, but some of the ****e he says would make you cringe hard.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its like he tries too hard to sound cool and popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Is that true?

Small sample size since Mane has only missed 3 league games. Worrying nonetheless as we dropped points to 3 very average teams:

Burnley 2 - 0 Liverpool
    Man Utd 1 - 1 Liverpool
    Liverpool 2 - 3 Swansea

Vicxas wrote: »
    Its like he tries too hard to sound cool and popular.

Yeah, jeans & cons to work etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/259313-boss-hopeful-on-fitness-of-emre-can-and-joel-matip
    Jürgen Klopp hopes to have Emre Can and Joel Matip available for tonight's game against Bournemouth.

Can and Matip sustained injuries during Liverpool's Merseyside derby victory over Everton, but Klopp remains optimistic they will both be passed fit to face the Cherries at Anfield.

“Emre has kind of a full body bruise. Everywhere,” said the boss.

“We left him out [of training] on Monday because he had back pain, knee pain. Nothing serious, thank God. Really, he has knocks everywhere. I hope he will be fit.

“Joel had a little bit of a back problem or two. He saw the doctor before training so we will see. He should be OK.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Augeo wrote: »
    Yeah, jeans & cons to work etc

... I wear jeans and cons to work... :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ... I wear jeans and cons to work... :-/
    We'll just call you Brendan so:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Umaro wrote: »
    Small sample size since Mane has only missed 3 league games. Worrying nonetheless as we dropped points to 3 very average teams:

Burnley 2 - 0 Liverpool
    Man Utd 1 - 1 Liverpool
    Liverpool 2 - 3 Swansea

We lost to Bournemouth, Hull and Leicester with Mane in the starting team. He's arguably the team's most important player but it's not the case that we absolutely need him.

Personally I'm more worried about a Can/Lucas midfield. Everton were really poor on Saturday. That pairing probably won't be up to much against a more determined team.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    ...........He's arguably the team's most important player but it's not the case that we absolutely need him.

Personally I'm more worried about a Can/Lucas midfield. Everton were really poor on Saturday. ..........

It's the cumulative effect I'm worried about.

We don't look great without Mane, as well as missing Henderson and Lallana we have a bruised up Can and Matip that had a small back issue. I think it's his back kept him out some weeks back too.

If things go to sh1t totally we could "revert" back to 1.5ppg or worse for the next 8 games.

Our last 10 games ppg is 1.5............. last 4 games yielded 10 points though.

I'm not sure if Utd and/or Arsenal will top 71 points either though, worst case scenario :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Remember Hit Der Fookin Wudwork, newest player to ply for Liverpool and Utd after Micheal Owen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Mane to undergo surgery, his season is over. ****'s sake.

Horrible, but not definite yet according to the echo. Hopefully he'll be fit properly for pre season anyhow at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

corwill wrote: »

Not surprised those injuries never look good. Big chance for Origi now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

corwill wrote: »

Very disappointing if true.

Hopefully one of Sturridge or Origi can find some form and goals to keep our momentum going.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Still nothing conclusive yet on Mane, they need to see what it's like after the swelling goes down. Then they'll be able to assess it properly.....they reckon an op will be needed but that could possibly wait until the end of the season and play through til then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

NukaCola wrote: »

I wonder if he got a whif of mince when he put the car window down?! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lads I was stopped in a traffic jam in the port tunnel today and this lad got out of his car and walked over to me and I thought oh here go so I rolled down my window to see what this stranger wanted...........

He said give me all your fcuking money your been robbed or I'll kill you and you know what I was right when I said here we go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Lads I was stopped in a traffic jam in the port tunnel today and this lad got out of his car and walked over to me and I thought oh here go so I rolled down my window to see what this stranger wanted...........

He said give me all your fcuking money your been robbed or I'll kill you and you know what I was right when I said here we go.

Bet he was a Liverpool fan, heard those guys are the worst in the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

brevity wrote: »

**** me, he's in love with himself. Who actually says these things, even if it did happen. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We looked great attacking wise without mane last season. Its more the number of current injuries we have I'd be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

NukaCola wrote: »

Ya I have great time for him aswell, but he does try too hard an awful lot.

There was another story In the papers recently where Dembele said Rogers convinced him to sign for Celtic by saying to him "here's Suarez number call him and he'll tell ya what I can do for a strikers game" It probably wasn't even his number, if ya call it ya get Brendan pretending to be Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Two seasons in a row now we've lost our most in form player thanks to Everton

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement