Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

2-1 to Spurs now. Fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Spurs with 3 in injury time by the looks of it to win the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Origi's work off the ball in the box is pretty terrible.

He kind just stands around at the edge of the box.
    If there's a run it's a random amble forward.

There Can does brilliantly to make room for a cross and instead of attacking it, Origi's strolling in, double marked, at the back post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

since we went 5 at the back, we've just invited the pressure onto us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Why always us? That is ridiculous. Our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot is remarkable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fúkin typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

6 goals conceded to Bournemouth in 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Taking off coutinho in 65 mins bringing on matip bad call. Klopp really has no respect for the smaller teams. Countinho is well able to go 90 minutes with getting injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

F*cking stupid tactical change when we were all over them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

not even surprised. huge fight with arsenal for 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sometimes I think we'd be better off with Mick Flavin in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Taking off coutinho in 65 mins bringing on matip bad call. Klopp really has no respect for the smaller teams. Countinho is well able to go 90 minutes with getting injured.

Couthino went straight down the tunnel. Most likely got a knock and we can't afford him to miss a few games as well.

The only reason we dropped points there was because Klavan was way to weak when called upon.

Think Bournemouth had more or less chucked it after we went ahead. Invited them onto us for the last 15 minutes there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

rob316 wrote: »
    not even surprised. huge fight with arsenal for 4th.

My thoughts exactly. Huge opportunity missed. Origi was fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

99% of the time we seem to have a ****fit when we sit back, i don't know why we bother with it, we're headless chickens when we defend.
    Complete bellend of a referee did'nt help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Didn't see the game but I see Bournemouth had 2 shots on target and 2 goals standard stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

First time that Bournemouth have not lost at Anfield in their history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Sickened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Klavan looks worse for that goal with each replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I don't think we are going to do it now.

Not with that defence, not without Henderson and Mane.

I'd say this is the game we'll look back on.

Feel very nego

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Klopp's idea to defend from so early on may be questioned but the real problem is that the defenders are not good enough to do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

What a disaster. Klopp has to take the blame. Swap Coutinho with TAA and we could have won 3-1.

Klavan is not good enough. Very average defender.

Very dodgy games coming up now away to Stoke and then WBA. Very difficult to see 6 points from those two games. Even 4 I wouldn't be confident of given the players missing. Really needed those 3 tonight.

Arsenal 6 behind us now bit with 2 games in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Absolutely pathetic today, and a horrible projection for what may come over the next 7 games. I can only hope that's it for Klavan, woeful today in all aspects and he might as well have left the pitch for the second goal. If Matip is fit enough to be on the bench, and to be called upon for a tactical change, then he's fit enough to fcuking start!

Two absolute gifts to Bournemouth, the second came from a throw in ffs. We put our whole team behind the ball, and still, as soon as Bournemouth decided to give it a go they got a goal within the minute. Don't bother trying to grind out a result if you crumble that easily.

Had more than enough chances to score more, three opportunities I can think of at the back post where players weren't alert enough. First in the first half when Lovren decided not to dive for the ball, second from Firmino when the ball came down over the defenders head and hit him on the shoulder because he was already resigned to letting the defender have it and the third from Origi at the back post when Matip headed it on and he was too slow.

Taking Coutinho off so early is so stupid, he's a game changer and exactly who we needed to relieve pressure. There's no point playing so defensively if you've got no one up the other end to hold onto the ball. Origi had a good game but he offered very little in hold up play towards the end, we resigned to letting Bournemouth have a few shots until they either scored or time ran out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

typical Liverpool great performance followed by crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Klavan looks worse for that goal with each replay.

Weak as piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

noodler wrote: »

Feel very nego

It's still in our hands and Utd etc will definitely drop points as they all play each other.

I'm still positive.

Spurs have conceded 6 goals against the bottom half of the table all season.

Liverpool have conceded 27.

Ball is on the ground, barley moving, and Klavan is fcuking lost

https://twitter.com/LFCMostar/status/849728842927394818

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Your counter-attack is part of your defensive toolset.

All we can do is concede goals.
    If a team shows any intention to not simply give up, then they can safely ignore our attacking players once we take the lead.

Bournemouth were sitting there for half an hour with their throat exposed and there was never any question we were going to kill them off.

That's not just a question of making it 3-1 and therefore being more likely to win.
    If teams know they can attack you with impunity, it changes their approach on attack and it also changes your approach on the ball.

We show no composure on the ball in these circumstances, and while you can point the finger at the likes of Firmino, Origi and co not having the composure in these circumstances, Klopp needs to have them drilled to be making the right runs, for the right people to be getting on the ball and for selecting the right passes.
    Counter-attacks don't just happen. You have to work at them, and the shambolic excuse for a counter-attack we've shown all season would suggest that we either don't, or we don't properly.

This is going to happen regularly for the rest of the season and when Arsenal invariably sneak in ahead of us into 4th it will not be a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Feel very nego

At about 9.30 tonight, we were 1 ahead.

Spurs losing.

City losing.

Level on points in 2nd, looking up instead of looking behind us. Glorious chance blown and no-one but ourselves to blame AGAIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's still in our hands and Utd etc will definitely drop points as they all play each other.

I'm still positive.

It's the positivity that will kill you in the end! :(

Was positive after the weekends results and last nights result and after we went 2-1 up annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddd BANG!!!

Bubble burst as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ball is on the ground, barley moving, and Klavan is ****ing lost

https://twitter.com/LFCMostar/status/849728842927394818

Jasus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

A win at stoke will nullify the pain of this and stoke are in poor form but we'll have a knack of making poor teams look like world beaters at times.

Frustrating stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Couthino went straight down the tunnel. Most likely got a knock and we can't afford him to miss a few games as well.

The only reason we dropped points there was because Klavan was way to weak when called upon.

I still would've swapped Klavan with Matip and Countinho with Sturridge or Grujic - something positive to finish off the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Fck life...squad full of absolute plodders. Ragnar Klavan Estonias finest, ive seen a 5 stone bag of fcukin potatoes more clued in ffs.

Yeah also lets change the formation when were 2-1 up for the craic...absolutely mystifying.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We don't deserve CL next season. Neither do Utd or Arsenal based on league form, but we've bottled it with a typically crap performance every time we've had a chance to kick on and get a stranglehold on it. We'll lose to Stoke on Saturday now, just see.

The "Ragnarok" headlines will be painful tomorrow. Feels like the end of the world for our season anyway. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Oh how I miss Hyppia and Henchoz..

• Advertisement

Oh how I miss Hyppia and Henchoz..

I'd nearly miss Skrtel and Cissokho after that shambles.

I miss Skrtel at this stage. EDIT: ^

That equalizer seems to be the same type of goal we have been conceding for the last 7 yrs! Panic in the box, scramble, turn, shot, in. Rarely saw that type of crap under Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Stoke are going to kick us off the park.

Stoke are going to kick us off the park.

And they'll probably play better than us too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

If I see Klavan in a red shirt again I will personally fly tp Liverpool and punch Klopp in the face.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

2 Bournemouth shots on target all game too. Might as well have one of those inflatable things with the mad arms in goals. At least they would be entertaining to watch.

Seriously, if Matip was fine to come on for a tactical change then he was fine to start.

Goes without saying but I'll say it anyway. We need a goalie and centre half who will dominate both physically and personality wise in situations like tonight. So much panic in the defence , need a leader and organiser in that position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I still would've swapped Klavan with Matip and Countinho with Sturridge or Grujic - something positive to finish off the game.

Don't forget in the last game Fraser came off the bench and tore us apart. I can see why Matip came on but we needed to take Firmino off after that and bring in another CM because Can and Wij had tired badly in the last 15 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement